Author Topic: [House M.D]Date Number 2, and Still No Date!][NC-17][1of10]  (Read 352 times)

Offline Furyan Goddess

• Supreme VXer
  • "There will be no shots" ~ Johns
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/818825/
[House M.D]Date Number 2, and Still No Date!][NC-17][1of10]
« on: Thu, Apr 24, 2008, 05:59 AM »
Author:  Furyan Goddess
Title:  Date Number 2, and Still No Date!
Fandom:  House M.D. 2nd season
Rating: NC-17 for sexual situations and language.  
Disclaimer:  I do not own House, Cameron or anyone else from the Houseverse.  
Pairing:  House/Cameron
Feedback:  I love me some feedback.  Let me know if this is any good.  I know most of you don't dig or watch House but I love the show and I was a strong follower of House/Cameron ship :)  
Archive:  yeah, just ask
Authors Notes:  I wrote this back in 05.  I'm reworking some of it, but not the story itself.  Just the millions and millions of She said, he said things.  Ahhh.... bashes head off keyboard.  All this time I thought this was good LOL.  

PART 1

Allison sat at her table, alone.  Her date had been called away, some sort of emergency.  He was a lawyer, what kind of emergency arose at 10:00 p.m. on a Friday was beyond her.  She figured it depended on the type of clientèle he had.  The sad thing was she hadn’t been too upset about it.  He was nice enough, charming, witty and extremely cute, but he was missing something... a spine perhaps? She pushed that thought aside.  

Glancing down at the table she realized that he had stuck her with the tip.  

“Nice.” she muttered to herself.  

Men were all the same, always leaving it up to the females to take care of the details.  Throwing a down a twenty, she headed toward the bar.  She was going to ask the bartender to call her a cab.  Before she could take more than a few steps, she ran into someone.

“Hot date?”  His voice caught her so off guard that for a minute she was dumbfounded.  She was looking up into those eyes, unbelievably blue, expressive but still never giving anything away.  She cleared her throat and waited for her heart to settle back down into a normal rhythm.

“House?” she said.

“So where is he?  I want to see what kind of man tickles your fancy.”  He said looking around the room.

“He left.” Cameron told him, realizing her blunder instantly.  “He received a call from a client.  He is a lawyer.”

Great now she was defending him, but she couldn’t stand the thought of House mocking her.    

“Stuck you with the check?”  He made me more of a statement than a question.

“No.  Just the tip.” She said with a smirk.  Why she found it amusing, she hadn’t the faintest idea.  “Well, I will see you Monday, Dr. House.  I’m going to go and call a cab.” She told him, stepping around him.  

“Let me buy you a drink?” House offered.  Allison stopped dead in her tracks and turned to look at him.  “What?  It’s early, we're both here and John Henry Giles will be on in a few minutes.”  She just looked at him for a few moments then nodded.   They made their way to the bar, “Scotch on the rocks and...”

“Vodka martini.” Cameron ordered.  House raised an eyebrow at her, “What?  You’re buying and I’m not driving, besides I think I deserve it, my date leaving and all.”

House, as usual regarded her with his eyes, always the eyes.  

“Dr. House, Dr. Cameron, glad you could make it.  It is nice to see you” John Henry Giles said shaking House’s hand and kissing Cameron on the cheek.  

“Hi Mr. Giles, how are you feeling?” Cameron asked, blessing him with one of her award winning smiles.  

“Great thanks to the two of you.  Why don’t you come down to the stage, I have a few tables reserved for friends” Giles said.  House nodded and Cam followed behind the two men, both of which used a cane.  

Both lonely geniuses’ who bestowed their talents on the world with great consequence to themselves.  She felt honored to know them.  

Allison and House took their seats, only moments before John Henry Giles started to play.  They talked on and off but mostly listened to the music.  Cameron ordered a second drink, something she normally didn’t do, but she was enjoying herself and decided to be daring.  House sipped a few, but held himself with the same cool, calm resolve he always did.  

The moment she stood she realized her mistake.  The second martini put her over the edge and made her quite tipsy.  She wasn’t drunk, but she was feeling uninhibited.  House saw her sway and shook his head.  As always his eyes bore into her and she couldn’t tell if it was with disgust or something else.  

“What?” she snapped, taking a calming breath she said, “I’m fine, just need some fresh air.  Could you call me a cab?”  She asked him.

“No.” House said firmly.  

Cameron sneered at him, “Thanks, such a gentleman.”  She started for the bar, cursing herself for dropping her cell phone in a mud puddle earlier in the day.  

“Allison wait, I’m driving you home.  I don’t want you passing out in the back of some cab.  You know, those cab drivers can be really creepy.”

“You don’t have to...” she said, secretly hoping he would.  

“I want to...” the small confession cost him a lot of pride.  She nodded, not trusting her own voice.  

The night air was cool after the heat of the bar and it was refreshing.  They silently walked over to his car, he opened the door for her.  Climbing in she sighed and rested her head on the back of the seat.  The top was down and the sky was littered with stars, it was perfect.  

They drove in making small talk with her sneaking looks at him when she thought he wasn’t looking.  She should have known, he was always looking, watching.  

House pulled into her drive and shut off the engine.  This surprised her, “You know, Allison, you really should find a better class of men to date.  Leaving you with the tip, you deserve better.” House told her without his normal mocking tone.  He was being serious.  

“Yeah well, beggars can’t be choosers.  Besides the night wasn’t a total wash, I swindled a few drinks out of you.” Allison gave House one of her small sexy smiles.  

That smile drove him insane.  He didn’t know if he wanted to curse her or kiss her, both were very tempting.  He leaned over her to open her door.  Her breath caught at the close proximity of him.  She could smell him, feel the heat radiating off of his skin.  

At her gasp he turned at looked at her, blue eyes burning a hole into her soul.  Their lips were a few scant inches apart, her breathing became shallow.

Cameron closed her eyes, cutting off the relentless stare of his.  His lips brushed hers.  A feather light touch.  One she wasn’t sure actually happened, then he was gone.  Her eyes flew open and she turned and looked at him.  He was staring forward.  His face once again a mask of indifference.  

Allison sighed, “Good night Dr. House, thank you for the lift.”  She slipped out of the car and then she was gone.  The moment was gone.  His weakness gone.  She turned around, and he was gone.
« Last Edit: Wed, Dec 31, 1969, 04:00 PM by Furyan Goddess »

Thanks to Sil for siggie!

Offline Furyan Goddess

• Supreme VXer
Part 2 of 10
« Reply #1 on: Thu, Apr 24, 2008, 06:59 AM »
PART 2

A month!  One whole month had gone by and nothing!  Not even a casual brush of fingers.  Just complete avoidance of the subject.  Cameron sighed, that was that, time to close the book on her dreams.  The House and Cameron thing was just not meant to happen.  She had almost accepted it, almost.  

“How you holding up, Allison?”  James Wilson asked her.  He knew about her feelings, she never told him, but somehow he knew.  Over time he became her source strength, her friend when in need.  

“I'm fine, Wilson.  I've come to accept what I can’t change.  It's time to more on.” Allison sighed.  

“From House or from here?”  Wilson asked her.

“I’m not sure, maybe both, maybe just House.” She said thoughtfully, “How long am I to pine over a man that doesn’t want me?”  She muttered more to herself than to Wilson.

Wilson let out a small snort, “Oh, he wants you.  Don’t fool yourself, Allison.  He's just to damn proud and shut off to admit it.”  He glanced up quickly and saw House slowly making his way toward them.  Leaning in to Cameron, he aid, “Follow my lead.”

Allison didn’t have time to respond before he touched her.  

Wilson ran a hand down her arm and feathered the top of her hand with his thumb.  “So what do you say, Allison?  Have dinner with me tonight?”  Wilson murmured in his soft, boyish voice.  

Allison smiled slightly, catching on to Wilson's game.  “I don’t know Jim, what about Julie?”  She asked innocently, her heart pounding because House was near.  

Wilson shifted his stance and closed in on her, blocking her from House’s sight.  

“Don’t worry about Julie.  She and I are getting separated.  She knows I’m involved with another woman.”  House was now standing beside Wilson scowling fiercely.  “So what do you say, have dinner with me and we will see where it leads...” he almost whispered it in Cameron's ear.  

“Wilson!”  House barked, showing more about his state of mind than his face ever let on.  James slowly turned and looked at him, forging malice.

“I’ll be with you in a minute.  I’m in the middle of something.” Jim turned back to Cameron and winked.  

“What?  Trying to find a date?” House barked, “Thus we forget you’re married?  Dr. Cameron, if you are finished flirting with a married man, we have a patient!”  

House started to turn, then he saw Cameron reach out and touched Wilson.  Her fingers brushed his face before she kissed him on the cheek.  His stomach clenched and his fingers tightened on his cane with such force, he was afraid he might crush the handle.  

“I’ll get back to you, Jimmy.  Come and find me later, maybe lunch?” Allison batted her eye lashes at him and turned sweetly to House, “So what do we have?”

House just glared at her and then sent Wilson a look that, for a brief second, scared the younger man.  Wilson knew he hit a sore spot and it took everything out of him not to laugh at House.  With one last brush of his fingers over Allison's ribs, he was gone.  

“Eighteen year old black male, unexplained loss of consciousness, headache, blurred vision...” the list went on.  Cameron and House bounced ideas off each other as they walked to the elevator. House pressed the down button and stood, stone quiet, his face a blank mask, but his eyes blazed with anger.      

Cameron decided to push him just a bit.  “So, Dr. House, do you think I should go out with Wilson?  He seems nice enough, but...”  She trailed off, looking at House with too innocent eyes.    

He looked down at her, his face reading a look of surprise briefly.  He was shocked that she would even consider such a thing.  A  shadow crossed his blue eyes, and then it was gone.  

“Wilson's married.”  House said finally.  

Cameron sighed like she was smitten, “I know, but he said they are getting divorced.”  House frowned and shook his head.  “What?”  She asked.

“He isn’t getting a divorce.  He just wants to get in your pants.  God, Cameron, it is amazing how naïve you really are!  How have you made it this far in life?”  

The last comment was out before he managed to censor his thoughts.  He heard Allison suck in a breath, he cursed himself.  He was such a bastard.  

“Look Cameron, if you want Wilson,” he trailed off.  He just couldn’t bring himself to say the words.  Couldn’t tell her it was ok for her to date someone else, not that they were dating or anything.  The thought of her with someone else filled him with unexplained rage.  

The doors closed, leaving them alone, shut off from the rest of the world.  He hit the stop button.  “Is Wilson what you really want?” He asked her, his blue eyes searching for the answer.  

“Maybe.” Cameron told him, crossing her arms in front of herself, a form of self preservation.  God he is so beautiful when he is angry, she thought to herself.  

House said nothing, just turned reached for the button.

“No,” she whispered.  His hand froze, he closed his eyes and took a breath.  

This couldn’t happen.  He won’t let it.  She was too sweet to be strapped to a man as bitter as him.  He would just bring her down.  He had to get a hold on himself, of the seething rage that he was filled with at this moment, all directed at Wilson.  Well not all, some was directed at himself, at his weakness.  

“Forget it.” He said, as his hand inched toward the button.  She grabbed it, almost stopping his heart.  He, as always, avoided looking at her.  

“House, look at me,” slowly he raised his eyes to hers, his heart started again, then preceded to pound.  

He began to pull away, “No, not this time.  Don’t pull away, just this once, for this moment, let me in.”  This time it was Cameron's eyes that pinned him.  That saw  right to his soul.  House felt whole, like a man, she always made him want to be a better man.  

He found his fingers lacing with hers on their own accord.  Dropping his cane, he pulled her to him, cupping her face.  Slowly, he lowered his gaze from hers to her lips.  Her tongue darted out to moisten her full bottom lip.  The glistening sweetness was calling him.  His hand went into her hair and pulled her to him as his lips claimed hers roughly.  

Allison moaned and he deepened the kiss.  He poured all his feeling into it.  This was his one chance, his one moment of weakness he would allow himself and he planned on savoring it.  

The elevator buzzed, breaking the spell that had settled over them.  He cursed, releasing her to press the button.  The elevator lurched and she stepped back, shaken.  Her body was on fire and her lips were bruised from his assault.  She took a deep breath and willed the tears away.  

When the doors opened, they stepped out and turned in opposite directions, he headed for his office, she, the ladies room.
« Last Edit: Wed, Dec 31, 1969, 04:00 PM by Furyan Goddess »

Offline wlcm2mylife69

• Dom's Desire
Re: [House M.D]Date Number 2, and Still No Date!][NC-17][1of10]
« Reply #2 on: Thu, May 01, 2008, 12:19 AM »
HAHAHA!! OMG! The recent House episode insinuated sex between the two but didn't offer me any closure! This is AMAZING! I am definitely a dedicated reader! Keep up the great work!! :dream

Offline wlcm2mylife69

• Dom's Desire
« Reply #3 on: Sat, May 17, 2008, 12:07 AM »
No update yet? :( *sniffles*

Offline Furyan Goddess

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #4 on: Sat, May 17, 2008, 04:16 AM »
Sorry, I forgot about it...LOL, so much going on :)  I'll get on out for you soon

Offline wlcm2mylife69

• Dom's Desire
« Reply #5 on: Sat, Sep 13, 2008, 06:36 PM »
:candle

Offline Furyan Goddess

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #6 on: Sun, Sep 14, 2008, 04:53 AM »
LOL... ok, didn't think anyone was reading... I'll dig more up.

Offline Roisin

• Multi-Facial
« Reply #7 on: Thu, Oct 23, 2008, 04:55 PM »
:candle

Offline wlcm2mylife69

• Dom's Desire
« Reply #8 on: Thu, Jan 22, 2009, 11:29 AM »
:cry more?

Offline jenhaley123

• Dom's Desire
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #9 on: Mon, Feb 16, 2009, 08:59 PM »
i absolutely love house.  i love the way he looks like a little boy when he smiles.  i'd love to see where you take this - you have a great start going here - an incredible grasp of the characters.  update? :)
:thankyou

TFATF Tokyo Drift 
Han to Sean: You're representin' me now.  What you think, I'm gonna let you roll in a hyundai?

Han: I have money. What I need around me is trust and character. Who you choose to be around you tells you who you are.  And one car in exchange for finding out what a man's made of is a price I can live with.

Offline Furyan Goddess

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #10 on: Tue, Feb 17, 2009, 04:17 AM »
crap, Ok I'll dig it up and post the rest LOL.  It's already done.. and there's a one piece sequel .

Offline wlcm2mylife69

• Dom's Desire
« Reply #11 on: Wed, Feb 18, 2009, 05:13 PM »
AWESOME! I've been waiting forever lol

Offline pattiglolt

• Xander's xXx
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: Thu, Mar 19, 2009, 04:14 PM »
I thought she said it was done and she was going to post it.......
I am the ~*Greedybitch*~ after all

Offline wlcm2mylife69

• Dom's Desire
« Reply #13 on: Wed, Apr 22, 2009, 08:12 PM »
I think she keeps forgetting about us Patti!  :cry

Offline Furyan Goddess

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #14 on: Thu, Apr 23, 2009, 06:45 AM »
In truth, I'm not sure how to proceed w/ this. I don't have time to rewrite it or edit it, but it isn't as good as I do now... So... should I post it in original form or try to make it more complex?  

Think I'll just post what I got. I got too many stories working to rework anything more.  Besides, it's so old, that most of the charries aren't even in it anymore lol.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PART 3

“Dr. House, I think we need to talk.” Cameron’s voice broke into his thoughts.  He just looked up at her, saying nothing.  “About what happened earlier?”

“I know what you want to talk about, Cameron, but there is nothing to talk about.  Forget it.”  House said gruffly.

“Forget it?” Allison blinked in shock, “What?”

“It was nothing.”  He told her, not meeting her eye.

“It was something to me, House.” His rejection hurt her, more than she wanted to admit and it embarrassed her.  

“It shouldn’t be.  It was a mistake, one I can assure you, will never happen again.”  His voice was cool, unfeeling.  So House.  

Something about his tone set her off, anger flared, hot and fierce.  

“You are the biggest coward I have ever met, House!  All you ever do is run.  Run from Cuddy, Vogler, me.  From your feelings about anyone or anything.  Even Wilson isn’t sure if you like him.  How can you live like that?  How can you live with yourself?”

Cameron was panting with outrage and from her mini tirade.  

House just glared at her with almost a sadistic smirk on his face, “Because I’m a miserable bastard and I like it.”  He told her with false joy.

“No, you’re not, you try to make everyone think you are happy being miserable, but you’re not.  No one could be happy living like that.” Cameron shot back.  

“That’s where you are wrong, Allison.  I'm quite happy.”  His voice was sharp and clipped.  

“Liar! If you were so dead inside, you wouldn’t have such heat inside of you, such passion.”

House snorted, “Lust.”

“Lust is still a form of passion, House.” Cameron countered, trying to get him to see reason.  

“So is anger, which is where I’m at now.  This conversation is over, subject closed.” House began to gather up his stuff for the night.  

“See, there you go, running again.  You kissed me, House, remember that.  It wasn’t some peck on the cheek.  It was full of longing and passion.”

“Lust!” He told her again.  “You’re young, pretty and have a fabulous body, Allison.  You just about throw yourself at my feet.  I am, after all, only a man.”  He had succeeded in cutting her deep.  

Allison gasped, “So you felt nothing, feel nothing for me?”

He leveled his eyes on her, “Yes, that’s right.  Well, lust maybe?” he said with a small smirk.    

“So you just go around kissing random women?  Is that it House?” Allison's back was up.  She was pissed and hurt and she couldn't believe she let herself get in a situation that threatened everything she'd worked for.  Her heart, her job.  Her sanity!

“Goddammit, Cameron!  It was just a kiss!  One kiss.  It didn’t mean anything.  Leave it alone!”  He shouted at her.  

They stood glaring at each other for a few moments, then the door opened up.

“Knock, knock.”  It was Wilson.  “Woo, what is going on in here?”  He asked, somewhat afraid of getting his head bit off.

Cameron turned and looked at him.  With a quick glance at House, she grabbed him and kissed him.  A kiss like she and House had shared.  Wilson, completely thrown off, found his arms snaking around Allison, pulling her into him.  She broke it off and stepped back.

“How does that make you feel Wilson?”  She asked him.

“Well... I....I....” he stammered.  Wilson looked at House, who now wore a death mask.  His eyes were dark, hard and icy.  His face carved out of stone.  

“House seems to think that kissing means nothing.”  She shot House a sneer then turned and pinned Wilson with a look.  “Would you agree?  Did that mean anything?  Did it do anything for you?  Make you want me, want more?”

“It was... ummm...”  Wilson was trying to back out of the door.  How could he say it just about knocked his socks off.  That he was so hard, he could hardly stand up straight?  

“Oh, no, you don’t, Wilson.  You started this.  Tell me, can you go on pretending that never happened?” Allison cut off his hasty retreat.  

“Well, no, but...”

“But nothing.  No one is immune to passion.” She said, then turned to look at House.  “Not even you.”

Wilson was starting to catch onto what was going on.  He was slow in seeing the light, but Cameron’s kiss really knocked him for a loop.  

“Perhaps we should try that again, Allison, now that I understand the rules of the game.”  He grabbed her and pulled her close.  

As soon as their lips touched House roared, “Enough!  Wilson, get the hell out of here, NOW!”  

In his 45 years of life, he could never remember a moment of pure jealous rage such as this.  If Wilson didn’t leave this exact moment, he wasn’t sure what he was going to do.  

What the hell was wrong with him?  Why was he acting like a hormonal teenager?  Cameron was not his property, she could date or kiss anyone she wanted to.  He had no say in the matter.  So why did the thought of her kissing anyone but him fill him with this rage?  He was actually starting to see red.  

Wilson jumped away from Cameron as if she'd burned him, and quickly left House’s office.  He was going to pay for this one.  He knew it.  It wasn’t going to be pretty.  House was not a man you crossed.    

As soon as Wilson was gone, House turned his eyes on Cam.  She was actually taken back by what she saw there.  She could have sworn, for a moment, they were glowing with rage.  

Forgetting all about his leg or cane, he strode toward Cameron.  When he finally reached her, he grabbed her by the upper arms and got within inches of her face.

“You have no idea what or who you are fucking with, little girl.  If I were you, I would step back and take a good look before it is too late!” With that, he grabbed his cane and shoulder bag and left.  

Allison stood in House's office blinking the room back into focus.  What had just happened here?  What did she do?  This is what she gets for trying to stick up for herself.  She made such a mess of things, how was she ever going to face House or Wilson again?

Offline Furyan Goddess

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #15 on: Thu, Apr 23, 2009, 07:36 AM »
PART 4

She knocked gently on the door.  

“Come in.”  the voice of Dr. Cuddy replied.  Glancing up from a mound of paperwork she sighed, “What did House do now?”

“Nothing.  I wanted to talk to you about taking a leave of absence.  I have three weeks of vacation time and a week of personal days...”

“Is everything ok?  Are you sick?”  Cuddy inquired.

“No, I’m fine, Dr. Cuddy, thanks for asking.  It is a personal matter.  Do you think I could start tomorrow?”

“Well... what does House think of this?  Can he manage without you?  Why didn’t you go to him about this?”  

“Well, he was out of the office already....”  she said, not quite meeting her eye, “Besides, you know how he hates to be disturbed at home.  If it is a problem...” she trailed off, worrying her bottom lip.  

Cuddy sighed, “No, it’s ok.  If you feel you need the time, then by all means take it.  I will deal with House in the morning.”  That was Cameron’s cue to leave, she took full advantage of it.  

She slowly made her way back down to her desk.  Allison packed up a few odds and ends she didn’t want to leave there over the weeks she would be gone.  “Going somewhere?”  Wilson asked.  

“Vacation.  Look, Dr. Wilson, I’m sorry about before.  I... I don’t know what I was thinking.  I was hurt.... House, that bastard...”

“Hey, don’t worry about it.  I can handle House.”  He wouldn’t let her know that the thought of handling House made him what to pee his pants.  He may need a cane, but he was strong and when angry, well he was a force to reckon with.  “So this unexpected vacation, is it permanent?”  He inquired.  

“I don’t know, maybe.  I don’t know how I’m ever going to face that man again.  I’m such a fool.  Why do I fall apart when he is around?  It is like I’m 16 all over again.  My palms get all sweaty.  My heart starts to pound.  I can’t think straight, which is obvious.”

“It’s called love, Allison.”

“I don’t love him.  I care about him.”

“Don’t lie to yourself Cameron.  House does that enough for the both of you.” He told her as he turned and left.  

Watching him go, she thought about how he always did that.  He would always leave with a seemingly simple comment or question.  It would always make the other person think or question their own motives.  It was a talent he had, one she wished he would practice on someone else.

She finished packing and drove home.  She was tired and drained.  She really screwed up this time.  How was it possible that a woman as intelligent as she is, could be so stupid?  House.  It was his fault.  He brought out the worst in her.  Maybe he was right, maybe she should stay away from him.  Nothing ever went right when he was involved.  Maybe it really was time to cut her losses and leave.

She woke up the following morning to her phone ringing.  She let the machine get it..... Hello.  This is Allison.  I’m sorry I missed you, leave a message, and I will get back to you.  Beep....

“Who’s running now, Allison?”  House said.  “I know you are there.  This.  This is the reason it will never come to be.   You are too immature.  One disagreement and you run away from your job?  I should fire you for this.  Have a nice vacation.”  His voice was pure ice.  Cold and hard as steel.  He was still angry, perhaps more so now.  

She found it hard to believe, but he actually made her feel worse about herself.  “Shit!” she yelled.  Jumping out of bed, she grabbed a suitcase and began to pack.  She had to get out of there.  Away from him.  If she didn’t, she knew she would go into work.  She needed time to lick her wounds, time to get his taste out of her mouth.  

A week away.  That would help.  Perhaps?  Somewhere in the sun, warm, calm, quiet.  Drinks with little umbrellas in them.  Young, happy men, not broken, bitter ones.  One quick call to the post office, stopping her mail for the week and she was gone.           

Climbing behind the wheel, she drove to the airport.  They had a new airline with cheap tickets to Florida. Seventy-five dollars one way, sounds good.  As the plane took off, her heart broke.  Who was she kidding?  How was she ever to get him out of her system?  Off her mind, out of her heart?  She was doomed.  

House hung up the phone.  He was angry, but more, he was hurt.  That only fed his rage.  How could some little slip of a girl hurt him?  She left him, deserted him.  Ran away.  It was Stacey all over again; yet somehow, this was a little sharper of a pain.  Why?  He couldn’t tell.  He and Stacey lived together for two years, but he and Cam only kissed once.  Maybe it was the fact she that accepted him the way he was.  Broken, emotionally unavailable, in pain.  The way she looked at him, such longing and care.  He was stupid.  Why did he leave a message like that for?  

He wanted to call back, apologize, but he didn’t want to seem desperate.  He decided to keep busy.  The next month was going to be hell.  He picked up his Gameboy and shut out the world.  

Wilson showed up an hour later.  “I’m here for the consult.” he said.  House glanced up, nodded and grabbed the file.  Sliding his game into his pocket, he stood.  They both avoided the subject of Cameron.  It was better that way.  House wouldn’t have to admit he had feelings for her and Wilson wouldn’t have to deal with House’s wrath.

Florida was beautiful, but it was lonely.  No one to walk the beach with at night.  No one to make love with after too many drinks with the umbrellas in them.  House.  His name constantly in her mind, haunting her dreams.  Once she saw a man that reminded her so much of him, she actually had to do a double take.  “Of course it isn’t him.  He has no idea where you are.  Idiot.”  She muttered to herself.  Sighing, she decided it was time to go home.  She avoided reality long enough.  

Home.  Just as cold and lonely.  But she was used to that.  Dropping her bags by the door, she checked her messages.  The first one was House’s.  One from Chase, two from Foreman.  One more from Wilson.  

“Cameron, Wilson.  Wanted to know how you were.  House is a wreck.  Just thought you would like to know.”   

It did bring a measure of pleasure to her.  Her lips curved into a small smile.  Her phone rang again.  Sure it was her mother, she picked it up.  

“Hello.” She said, a smile present in her voice.  

“Hum, Cameron?”

“Yes.” She whispered.  House.

“So you are back then?  We could really use you back at work.  Chase and Foreman are swamped.”

“I got another three weeks coming, House.  I plan on taking them.”

“Oh come on Allison, this is stupid.  We are two adults, we can deal with this,” He scolded.  

Steeling herself against him she said, “I am dealing with this.  I’m moving on.  I had vacation time.  I’m taking it.  It is nothing for you to get personal about.  I will see you in three weeks Dr. House.”  She hung up the phone, her hand trembling.  

A shower.  That is what she needed.  A long hot shower.  She sighed when the hot spray hit her, washing away the travel grime.  She stayed in long enough to get wrinkled and have the water turn cold.  She got dressed for bed and poured herself a glass of wine.  

She turned on the radio, slow, depressing love songs fit her mood.  Lisa Lisa and the Cult Jam, All Cried Out.  Perfect!

Meanwhile, House sat in her driveway, his head on his steering wheel.  What the hell was he doing there?  Cursing he got out and limped to her door.  

A soft knock had her turning, looking at the door as if the devil himself was there.  She knew he was.  She knew it was him.  Taking a deep breath, she opened the door.  Her heart broke.  The look on his face; she had hurt him.  

When Cameron opened the door, he was lost.  Standing in a thin, tight white tank top.  Baggy pants, hair still wet, glass of wine and sad music.  Love.  The thought shimmered in his mind briefly before he could stop himself.  He was not in love with her, he denied.

She stepped aside and let him in.  Their hands brushed, and she looked up into his blue eyes.  A look she had never seen crossed his face.  Her heart turned over, “Greg.”  She whispered.

“Allison.”  was his reply.

Offline wlcm2mylife69

• Dom's Desire
« Reply #16 on: Fri, Apr 24, 2009, 06:34 PM »
THAT'S IT?!?! I thought you said it was already written...that's not the end is it??? Holy crap, I think I'm having a heart attack! Pretty sure I love this fic :D

Offline wlcm2mylife69

• Dom's Desire
« Reply #17 on: Fri, May 01, 2009, 05:02 PM »
Again, no updates yet?  :cry