Author Topic: Amazon & Kindle buying Fanfiction (within certain markets)  (Read 3184 times)

Offline Montgomery Burns 13

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
  • Every hero needs a formidable villain
Re: Amazon & Kindle buying Fanfiction (within certain markets)
« Reply #30 on: Wed, Aug 07, 2013, 08:34 AM »
I can't imagine anyone wanting to write Vonnegut fanfic, [...]

Me either. :grin

Quote from: io9
But Kurt Vonnegut? FUCK AND NO. The man is one of America's literary icons. To allow fan fiction based on his work is a disgrace to it, because while someone might write a Vampire Diaries story as good as the original Vampire Diaries author, there is no goddamned way anyone is going to write a story starring Kurt Vonnegut's characters as well as Vonnegut did.

This is where I beg to differ.  Of course nobody can write Vonnegut's characters the way Vonnegut did.  But IMO it doesn't mean that a story starring his characters has to be bad.  There are many talented writers out there, and who says that a story based on those characters can't be good, even better, than those written by Vonnegut?

Just because people are not published writers doesn't mean that they aren't talented.  Maybe they just didn't want to become a full-time writer?

Who needs love when you've got a gun, who needs love to have some fun. Black Flag
Feelings are overrated. Dean Winchester

my fanfics

Offline DragonFire

• Emeritus Mod
  • Supreme VXer
    • Facebook
Re: Amazon & Kindle buying Fanfiction (within certain markets)
« Reply #31 on: Wed, Aug 07, 2013, 12:45 PM »
:giggle