Author Topic: David in Prince of Persia  (Read 4729 times)

Offline Czeri

• News Hunter
  • Dom's Desire
David in Prince of Persia
« on: Wed, Mar 17, 2010, 01:25 AM »
Disney has released a featurette about the upcoming Prince of Persia movie which focuses on the young Dastan and shows David working with the kid playing the Prince as a ten-year-old. It can be seen here:

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/prince-of-persia-the-sands-of-time/featurette-young-dastan

Offline Czeri

• News Hunter
  • Dom's Desire
Re: David in Prince of Persia
« Reply #1 on: Tue, Apr 13, 2010, 10:19 AM »
The newest featurette about the upcoming Prince of Persia movie concentrates on the stunts and parkour, and shows David working on the set.  :happydance

It can be seen here: http://www.empireonline.com/news/feed.asp?NID=27572

Offline Montgomery Burns 13

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
  • Every hero needs a formidable villain
« Reply #2 on: Tue, Apr 13, 2010, 10:38 AM »
Interesting clip, thank you for posting!  Would be cool if they put some of it on the DVD later.
Who needs love when you've got a gun, who needs love to have some fun. Black Flag
Feelings are overrated. Dean Winchester

my fanfics

Offline Czeri

• News Hunter
  • Dom's Desire
« Reply #3 on: Tue, Apr 13, 2010, 10:59 AM »
I sure hope they will! And since Jake did most of his own stunts I think there's a good chance they will show it in some 'behind the scenes' or 'making of' bonus feature.
« Last Edit: Tue, Apr 13, 2010, 01:16 PM by Czeri »

Offline Silsin

• Dreamer
  • Administrator
  • Supreme VXer
  • updates? no thanks!
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • VinXperience
« Reply #4 on: Tue, Apr 13, 2010, 01:02 PM »
That would truly be an interesting feature for the DVD!

There is no reason not to follow your heart! Steve Jobs

Offline Czeri

• News Hunter
  • Dom's Desire
« Reply #5 on: Thu, May 13, 2010, 02:46 PM »
The Prince of Persia premiere took place on the 9th of May in London, and David was one of the guests attending and being interviewed. The coverage from the entire event can be found here:

http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/2010/05/09/watch-the-prince-of-persia-world-premiere-streamed-here-live/

The clip is an hour long, but there's a lot of Jake Gyllenhaal, Gemma Arterton, Mike Newell, Jerry Bruckheimer, Ben Kingsley, etc in there too  :D

I was lucky enough to be there, and let me tell you, I was not expecting David could rock a suit so well :tthud

Also, since the promo campaign before the release of the film is going strong, there are a number of interviews with the cast popping up everywhere, with several mentions of David. Like this one, for example:

JULINA: You worked with David Belle! How cool was that?

JAKE: [Laughs]

JULINA: Was that really cool?

JAKE: Insane. I mean, just to find him was even insane: He has no cell phone. We had to search him out and find him on the streets of Paris and be like: "Jerry Bruckheimer would like to talk to you." [Laughs] It was really funny; itís this funny kind of [in a sing-song, thick French accent] "Is OK, non problem," but heís the sweetest, coolest guy, for someone who does - itís like it is with all these guys who are incredible martial artists: When you meet them they are so kindhearted. You expect them to be these superduper fierce tough dudes, and they are, but they are just kind, ícause they know they can kick your ass. But David was amazing.

:jump

Offline Bitten

• Space Babe
  • Administrator
  • Supreme VXer
  • Huh?
« Reply #6 on: Thu, May 13, 2010, 03:10 PM »
Wow! You should give us a detailed description of the event! It sounds like fun.

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
« Reply #7 on: Fri, May 14, 2010, 12:11 PM »
Gonna watch the clip later - I am watching soccer right now.  Thanks for posting, Czeri!
Who needs love when you've got a gun, who needs love to have some fun. Black Flag

my fanfics

Offline Silsin

• Dreamer
  • Administrator
  • Supreme VXer
  • updates? no thanks!
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • VinXperience
« Reply #8 on: Fri, May 14, 2010, 12:52 PM »
Thanks a lot for keeping us updated! This sounds awesome!!

Offline Czeri

• News Hunter
  • Dom's Desire
« Reply #9 on: Sat, May 15, 2010, 12:16 AM »
Wow! You should give us a detailed description of the event! It sounds like fun.

It was great, though I went completely unprepared - no camera, nothing to be autographed - because I had no idea David would be there. I figured it'd just be the main cast, and while I do think Jake Gyllenhaal is adorable, I didn't want to get in the way of more devoted fans when it came to fighting for autographs  ;)

The venue was brilliant - it was a huge shopping centre so there was loads of room for a very long red carpet and then there was the main stage in the atrium with decorations set up to allow a free running presentation. Because of this practically everyone who came was able to find a good spot and actually see the actors, while the parts of the event that they weren't standing close enough to witness were showed on numerous big screens. Compared to the always impossibly crowded Leicester Square premieres (during Fast and Furious premiere all I managed to glimpse was the back of Paul Walker's head for a second) it was a downright luxurious experience.

I was standing in the atrium, so I had a great view of the interviews and the free running, but I was behind too many barriers to make it possible for the actors to come close enough to give autographs. Still, since I had nothing on me that could be signed, I wasn't too bummed. I do wish I had been able to talk to David, though...

The cast were all lovely. Jake gives hilarious interviews, but I already knew that having obsessively been following all the Prince of Persia promo stuff that's been showing up over the last few weeks. Gemma looked stunning; and seeing the Duke and Duchess of York was unexpected. Still, for me the best part was seeing David in this extremely spiffy suit. I've never seen him so elegant before, because at the premieres of his own films he's usually asked to do some acrobatic stuff, so he never wore suits to those. This time, though, the organisers hired some free running guys to provide the acrobatics, so he was off the hook  ;D He was still clearly drawn to the construction set up for the presentation, because he could hardly take his eyes off it. Also, it was a pretty surreal experience to see David folded into his suit standing next to the 3Run guys, who were topless and warmed up in full muscles bunched-up hulked-out mode. It just didn't seem possible that you can go from that state to that state and back again  :D

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
« Reply #10 on: Sat, May 15, 2010, 02:11 AM »
Thank you for the update, Czeri!  Obviously it was a good idea to host the premiere in that shopping center.  I know Leicester Square and can imagine that it would indeed have been almost impossible there to catch a glimpse of one of the actors.

I watched the clip yesterday, and after fast forwarding to about 28 minutes into the clip, I could see the interview with David.  Unfortunately there is so much background noise that it was hard for me to understand what he was saying (or his interpreter, that is).  But he looks nice in that suit. :grin

my fanfics

Offline Czeri

• News Hunter
  • Dom's Desire
« Reply #11 on: Sat, May 15, 2010, 03:23 AM »
Yeah, I really hope Westfield will take as the new venue for premieres. That way I might be able to finally see Vin in person when his next film comes out  :)

David wasn't really saying anything too earth-shattering, so no big loss there. The highlight was really just seeing him in a suit ;) Also, even though you can't see that in the clip, I can attest that he was not wearing trainers but very elegant leather shoes, so that's another first  :laughter

Offline Bitten

• Space Babe
  • Administrator
  • Supreme VXer
  • Huh?
« Reply #12 on: Sat, May 15, 2010, 05:14 AM »
That sounds like fun! I'm glad you got to go! And thanks for the description. I've never been to anything like that in person. It's nice to hear a first-hand account. :)

Offline Czeri

• News Hunter
  • Dom's Desire
« Reply #13 on: Sun, May 23, 2010, 01:53 PM »
There appeared a bunch of articles recently that feature David heavily:

http://www.lastbroadcast.co.uk/movies/features/v/11337-prince-of-persia-the-sands-of-time-the-art-of-parkour.html A great intro into parkour and how it was used in Prince of Persia.

http://saicyberspace.blogspot.com/2010/05/tackling-stunts-and-parkour-filmmakers.html Overview of stunts in Prince of Persia.

http://www.premiere.com/Feature/District-13-Ultimatum-director-Patrick-Alessandrin-Kicks-It-With-Us Interview with Patrick Alessandrin, the director of Banlieue 13 Ultimatum.

Not as good as seeing him in person two weeks ago, but oh well  ;)

Offline Czeri

• News Hunter
  • Dom's Desire
« Reply #14 on: Sat, Sep 11, 2010, 02:23 AM »
Thanks! I've seen that interview before, but I certainly don't mind watching it again  :love

BTW, if anyone's planning on getting Prince of Persia on bluray, there's a coupon for $8 off here:
http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/promotions/special-offers/prince-coupon
(sadly it's only valid for US and Canada)

Offline Czeri

• News Hunter
  • Dom's Desire
« Reply #15 on: Sat, Sep 11, 2010, 01:26 PM »
Some of the behind the scenes mini-reports that are available on the Prince of Persia bluray are popping up on the web and one of them is about David! It can be seen here:

http://www.movieweb.com/movie/prince-of-persia-the-sands-of-time/exclusive-pakour-legend-david-belle

I sure hope it'll be longer on the actual bluray...

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
« Reply #16 on: Sat, Sep 11, 2010, 02:12 PM »
Thanks for posting the link.  Too bad it is so short...

Offline Bitten

• Space Babe
  • Administrator
  • Supreme VXer
  • Huh?
« Reply #17 on: Sat, Sep 11, 2010, 04:47 PM »
Yeah, I wish the clip was longer! Amazing to watch. I'm going to have to look at some more videos of his work.

Offline Silsin

• Dreamer
  • Administrator
  • Supreme VXer
  • updates? no thanks!
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • VinXperience
« Reply #18 on: Sun, Sep 12, 2010, 04:12 AM »
Hopefully there'll be some more coverage available! Thanks for sharing!