Author Topic: [Blade/AU] Chevalier [NC17][ONG] FIN 12/7/10  (Read 2312 times)

Offline babydoll619

• Supreme VXer
[Blade/AU] Chevalier [NC17][ONG] FIN 12/7/10
« on: Mon, Aug 23, 2010, 03:28 PM »
Author: Babydoll619
Title: Chevalier
Fandom: Post Blade II
Pairing: Chupa/OFC
Rating: NC17 for language, violence (vampire deaths) and some smut
Disclaimer: I don't own anything from the film. Just borrowing its characters for my own personal pleasure. Anything that sounds familiar from other references, I'm simply borrowing them as well so please don't sue. ;)
Summary: This is a what if Chupa came back dead....again? It chronicles Chupa's second chance at life as a vampire.
Archive: Ask first.

Author's Note: For those who haven't seen the Blade Trilogy or have only seen the first one,  I'll try to explain some background facts but don't be too judgmental, for this is my second vampire story I have posted. Unfortunately, the first story was abandoned. Anyways, the main character in this fanfiction is Chupa(who was played by Matt Schulze). I have been wanting to write another story about Matt using a different character besides Vince (tfatf). Another note, all the supernatural terms and references are a mixture from vampire films, books, a random Internet source [which I can't remember where I found it] and the title itself was inspired by an Anime called Blood+. So I hope you all enjoy. 

Prologue

“I met someone else.” Her words echoed in his head over and over. For a whole week he laid in bed at night thinking of when his life had changed. He used to be the pretty boy and every girl loved him. He stood at six feet and was muscular built, although not too exaggerated. His eyes were blue with a sparkle that made every woman weak at the knee. His name was Emmett Hunter and he was the most happiest man on earth, or so he thought.

A week after being engaged to his beauty, she had came to him and broke his heart. Like any man too depressed, he went out and decided to try his first hard drink. A whole bottle and half of Jose Cuervo later, his vision was so blurred that he honestly mistook a woman for his love. However, when he finally realized he was wrong, his life as a human had ended with the immortal kiss.

At the peak of his death, the woman gave him 'the embrace.' The act in which, she granted him drops of her own blood and soon entered the stage of 'The Becoming.' The virus in him ran through his body, killing every living cell that connected to him as a warm blooded.

On the next night, he sprung up from the dirt in the darkness of the woods. He was awakened; able to feel and hear things he never heard as a human. The urge of hunger took control, sending him down to his knees and holding his stomach.

Confused and scared, Emmett laid his eyes on the woman from the night before. She explained to him what had happened to him.  He did not believe her, so he tried to run away, but when he finally reached a place where light was, his skin itched and burned. He hissed and backed away into the darkness. The woman was by his side again and showed him to hunt his first animal.

For a fledgling vampire, his hunger grew too much and he soon lost control, letting the beast out. He would drink until there wasn't any blood left. It was then, Emmett earned his new nickname, Chupa. He took the name and dropped everything that connected him to his old life. It was also then, he was being hunted by the one and only, half human-half vampire named, Blade. The one person he began to hate.

Chapter 1 Reaper vampires

The last thing he remembered before his death was fighting Whistler. The human, Blade cared so much about; the father, so to speak. Chupa had sensed the reaper vampires behind him, but it was too late and he was torn into pieces. Chupa knew his day had come, yet to his surprise, he had woken up in a room dark as night; strapped to a cold metal table. Carefully turning his head, he looked around the room, taking note of all the medical machinery. He tried to get up, but he felt too weak. His head fell back against the table and tried to listen for anything.

“Good, you are awake.” Her voice was so familiar to him, but he couldn't remember until he turned his face towards the double-sided mirror. There she was, his sire. He thought she was dead after Blade had intruded their haven years ago.

“I'm hungry.” His voice cracked at speaking. He needed no explanation to her whereabouts. He'd find out later. Suddenly, his stomach growled painfully like the first night he became a bloodsucker.

The woman came into the room and stood by his side. “Forgive me for taking so long to find you.” She said to him softly as another person came in pushing towards them, a small table with a big box filled with blood bags. Chupa watched the young man poured the large bags of blood into the tub like container at the corner. “You were out cold for a week. Took me two days to find the right type of blood for you. You have scars all over your body but they will be gone once you gain your strength.”

Chupa looked at her. “I thought I was dead, mother.” He said softly as he heard the straps coming off. He was relieved to be able to move. He watched as another male entered and picked Chupa up.

“You would be if I did not get there on time. My child, you were in million pieces...with my technology and my aid, we put you back together.” She said as she followed them over to the tub and watched as Chupa was laid in the tub full of blood. “Now rest and gain your strength.” As they left, Chupa looked at his body and noticed all the scars that covered his whole body. He closed his eyes and sank down into the blood.

Two nights later, he was laying in his bed, looking at the fire dancing in the fireplace. His comfortable room lacked windows. It was perfect for him and the possibility of sunlight getting in was very slim.  The scars on Chupa's body were gone as well as his hunger. His skin was cold as ice and pale white. He got up and walked to the mirror. He was the pretty boy once again. No more weird hair-cut with  his poor dye job of blonde on top and black on the sides. He opened his mouth and his fangs were back. A tiny smirk appeared on his face. “Maybe I can make this work.” He said as he ran a hand over his short contemporary beard.

“You were gorgeous the day you were reborn.” He looked over and saw her. He grinned as she walked into the room. “You still are.” She came to him and caressed his cheek.

He looked into her black eyes. “I have a face only you can love, mother.” He smirked as he moved over to sit in the lounge chair by the fireplace.

She followed and sat across from him. “I must leave again and you will be alone. For good.” She looked at him with the most sadden face a vampire could give.

His eyes were fixed on the roaring fire. “You came back to only say goodbye?” He closed his eyes and inhaled her scent for the last time.

“My time has come, Chupa. You know that I have taught you everything I know. I'm no longer your sire. For years, I followed you and tried to keep a close eye on you. If I would have known you'd join the blood pack, I'd come for you sooner.”

He sighed and ran his right thumb over the tips his fingers, noticing his long nails. “I only joined it to take revenge on your death. I thought you died in the fire.”

She shook her head. “I was severely burned, I hid in a grave until my skin regenerated. I fed on the blood of animals until I was strong enough.” She got up and went to him. Sitting on his lap, she cupped his face. Then, she leaned in and kissed his lips. “I will be leaving tomorrow night. This place is yours for as long as you wish.” He sighed and nodded. She kissed him again. “Promise me to live a better life.”

He looked at her, stunned. “In hiding, like you?”

She grinned. “It may seem that way my child, but as long as you blend in with the humans, Blade will not find you.”

He didn't want to be in hiding. He was the type to be always out and about. But this was his sire's last wish. He looked at her and nodded. “I will do my best to hide.”

She smiled at him before she hugged him. She whispered in his ear. “Who knows maybe you'll find your special human. Your chevalier.”

For the first time since he woke, Chupa laughed. “Still believing in myths, mother.” He turned his head as much to look at her. He remembered the night she told him about a rare type of human that can connect with vampires without being bitten and when they are turned, they have the strength of an Elder vampire.

She giggled and kissed his head. “Yes, I found mine remember. Although, he died before I could turn him.” Her voice still sounded hurt after so long.

Chupa frowned and kissed her hand. “I remember. You will join him soon enough.” He looked at the fire and began to wonder if he will get his chance with a human like that.

The next night, Chupa watched his sire disappear into the woods. He stood by the door until he could no longer smell her scent. He was alone again, all the help that was there was gone as well. He stood in the middle of empty building, listening to the dead silence. He was a vampire with no maker, nor clan. He could do as he wished without anyone telling him nothing. He glanced at the old grandfather clock and noticed he had four hours before sunlight. With the strong urge to feed again, he walked back out of the house and headed towards town.

To be continued>>>
« Last Edit: Tue, Dec 07, 2010, 07:49 PM by babydoll619 »

Offline Blissdementia

• Supreme VXer
Re: [BLADE/AU] Chevalier [R-NC17][ONG]Prologue & ch.1
« Reply #1 on: Mon, Aug 23, 2010, 03:36 PM »
I love it so far. I like the little background info we get about how he became a vampire. Very nice.

I like how you took the time to research terms and stuff for this story. That will help it seem even more real.

Doesn't Blade always find who he looks for? lol Should be fun if Blade does find him.

Wonderful start, I can't wait for more!
My Fanfics
When Stephen King was asked, "How do you write?" He invariably answered, "One word at a time."
One shot posted:

Thank you babydoll619 for the new signature and avatar!!!

Offline AM Gray

• Supreme VXer
    • Twitter
    • AM Gray's blog: Gray Matters
« Reply #2 on: Mon, Aug 23, 2010, 06:21 PM »
interesting - did the vamp month get you going?

i don't remember Chupa - will have to go back and watch blade2 again - any excuse right?

so he hates blade; he's all alone and his maker has left him with dreams of a perfect match - cool - can't wait to see where it goes

Offline Diesel's Mel

• Supreme VXer
  • Breaking Rule #22 and loving every minute of it.
    • http://www.myspace.com/mrsreese
« Reply #3 on: Mon, Aug 23, 2010, 10:43 PM »
Well done darlin! I know this is going to be a great success and a simply smashing story. Can't wait for more. Lovin' it! : )

Instead of sheep jumping a fence, I count Gibbs' smacking DiNozzo...
Special thanks to the lovely Cyren for finding the fabulous photo for my siggy.

Offline paulmtk

• Supreme VXer
  • Builidng a door so opportunity can knock!!
« Reply #4 on: Tue, Aug 24, 2010, 07:37 AM »
 :hugs so glad you posted after teasing us with your beautiful siggie!!

Like where you started this; background information on Chupa and vampire lore.  Agree with bliss, makes for a more real fic that the reader can feel a part of; fabulous!

a rare type of human that can connect with vampires without being bitten and when they are turned, they have the strength of an Elder vampire.

luv how this is dropped into the beginning and ties into the title . . . just a tease of what's to come.  Get's those imaginative juices flowing in all sorts of ways!!  :clap

Look forward to reading more and finding out how he tries to keep his promise to his sire about keeping a low profile and his true nature.  :nowhat

Offline babydoll619

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #5 on: Tue, Aug 24, 2010, 06:18 PM »
I love it so far. I like the little background info we get about how he became a vampire. Very nice.

I like how you took the time to research terms and stuff for this story. That will help it seem even more real.

Doesn't Blade always find who he looks for? lol Should be fun if Blade does find him.

Wonderful start, I can't wait for more!

Awww thank you for your feedback.
Of course, Blade always finds out who he is looking for...so you know what this story will take you. ;)

I hope you enjoy the next update.

interesting - did the vamp month get you going?

i don't remember Chupa - will have to go back and watch blade2 again - any excuse right?

so he hates blade; he's all alone and his maker has left him with dreams of a perfect match - cool - can't wait to see where it goes

Actually, I have been writing this fic since 2008. So naturally, the vamp month here was just boosting me up for the posting.

It's okay if you don't remember Chupa. He was kinda mean to Whistler so what happened to him in the movie was only natural.

Well done darlin! I know this is going to be a great success and a simply smashing story. Can't wait for more. Lovin' it! : )

Let's hope it is a sucess. Thank you for taking the time to read what I started. I hope to read more from you in upcoming chapters.

:hugs so glad you posted after teasing us with your beautiful siggie!!

Like where you started this; background information on Chupa and vampire lore.  Agree with bliss, makes for a more real fic that the reader can feel a part of; fabulous!
 luv how this is dropped into the beginning and ties into the title . . . just a tease of what's to come.  Get's those imaginative juices flowing in all sorts of ways!!  :clap

Look forward to reading more and finding out how he tries to keep his promise to his sire about keeping a low profile and his true nature.  :nowhat

awww thanks Paulmtk. I like to do some research to provide some background information on my characters. And i'm glad you like the more realistic feel to the story.

Offline babydoll619

• Supreme VXer
Re: [Blade/AU] Chevalier [R-NC17][ONG] Ch. 2
« Reply #6 on: Wed, Aug 25, 2010, 07:53 PM »

Chapter 2 Guitar center

A month had passed and word was out that Blade was still in town. With the decision to live his lonely life quietly, Chupa left Prague and headed to London. He knew Blade wouldn't find him there. Although, he couldn't find a place that was dark enough for him, Chupa walked into the nearest graveyard and found graves with their own special made altars. He was to be roommates with Robert Kingsley (1935-1971) and all his family members. He didn't mind as long as the dead were okay with it. On his first night in London, he walked around taking a good observation about the people. A little busy and so many varieties to eat from. He also found fellow vampires, but they were too much for him. He decided to stay away from the attention, like he promised his mother.

Being alone gave him time to think. Mostly about how good the humans got it. They didn't have to worry about what vampires constantly fight for each night. A chance to stay alive, keep the hunger controlled and mostly not having to be alone for the rest of their lives. Tired of thinking, Chupa entered a music store. The only love that had stayed with him since he can remember. He walked into the bright room, he wasn't scared of the fluorescent light. He was grateful for that so he didn't have to wear long jackets to cover his skin. He wore a black dress shirt and jeans, the best he could do, to blend in with the crowd.

Chupa carried a smirk as he noticed some of the women looking at him. He felt like his old self with a new life. He could hear their heartbeats pounding against their chests, their thoughts about him and even their scent of arousal. Chupa was loving the attention again, it was the only thing he could allow himself to have. Especially right before a good meal.

As he walked through the aisle, where the guitars were displayed, he glanced over to see some of the customers playing the instruments, while others just admiring them. He felt at home in the guitar center. He had picked one up and began strumming a few cords. “She's a beauty.” He heard the employee say as he came over.

Chupa looked over and smirked. “Yeah and plays great too.” Chupa stated after he put the guitar back in its place. Then, his nose suddenly caught a strong aroma unlike any other. Quickly, he turned his head towards the scent. But he could only see humans walking in and out of the store.

“So any good with a guitar?” The employee said as he stood there just waiting to be asked for help.

Chupa just watched the people in the store. “You can say that I am...Been awhile.” He noticed someone of the corner of his eye move as his nose picked up on the smell again. Then in a mere second, it was gone. His eyes went back to the guy. “You got a good collection, maybe I'll come back tomorrow.” He turned and left, wanting to find that scent. However, by the time he got outside, any trace of the unique scent was gone. He sighed and noticed people were starting to head for their home and he still needed to feed. Deciding to head to the closest Pub, Chupa eyed some of the Lush vampires, bloodsuckers that feed on humans under the influence of alcohol or drugs just so they can experience the sensations themselves.

On his way back to the graveyard, he was stopped by a group of young vampires. “Well, well, well. Look, who we got here, boys.” The leader walked up and then around Chupa. “A newcomer. Do you know whose domain you're trespassing on?” He stepped closer and inhaled Chupa's scent.

Chupa looked at them and could tell they were just some childe vampires, the foolish and inexperience ones, not to be confused as actual children, wanting to start trouble. He looked at the leader and gave him a look. “Didn't see your name on it, kid.”

The young man chuckled and soon his clan did too. “You smell like the dead, Elder. We could smell you ten miles away.”

Annoyed and tired, Chupa began to move forward but he was blocked. He stared at them and they began to think twice. “Yeah, well seems your sire should teach you a lesson about attacking one of your elders.” he turned his head.

The young man laughed and got into Chupa's face. “I have no sire. I'm the leader here, got it old man. Why don't you leave here? We don't want to hurt you.” He pushed Chupa and hissed, showing his fangs; the rest did too. Chupa looked at him and chuckled. His fangs were showing and grabbed the young vampire by his neck. By the slightly squeeze, Chupa snapped the young vampire's neck then sealed it with his immortal kiss. The rest of the vampires watched in amazement. They had never seen so much strength and speed.

The clan backed away as Chupa dropped the dead vampire on the floor. “Anyone else want be the big man?” He eyed them like a hungry beast until he got rid of his fangs. None of them said a word as Chupa spit the blood out; he detested vampire blood. It was cold to him and sometimes left a horrible aftertaste. “Then go back to where you came from and never come back here again.” They nodded and quickly scattered. Once they left, Chupa continued to walk to his haven. Laughing as he thought how pathetic those punks looked, he smelled himself. He wrinkled his nose as he did smell like the rotting corpses. First thing when he'd wake up again, he'd find a place to get rid of the odor.

Four nights later, on the last Saturday of the month, the sun hid under the horizon and the city became dark. Chupa rose from his slumber and decided to find a new haven. He walked through fog by the Barrens, old abandoned warehouses, and was amazed at the secret society that appeared from the underground nightclub. In the distant, he could hear the soft scream of the young females being attacked by the local bloodsuckers. It didn't bother him one bit, they were just feeding like everybody else does.

He made it to the very end, where the warehouses ended and the neighborhood began. He spotted a few people across the street leaving their homes. He made a mental note, to go to one of the houses after he made himself comfortable in his new sleeping arrangements. Looking around and spotting no one, he jumped up, climbing the wall up to the roof.

Once he was on top, he peeked through the roof windows. Finding a way inside, he decided to inspect the place. Nothing but old rusted machinery sat on the main floor. Chupa walked with a gentle grace as he looked around. He spotted a metal door on the floor and hoped from something he could call home. Jumping from the catwalk to the floor, he stood there and glanced up to see the moon creeping out of the dark clouds. Then, he moved over to the passageway and pulled the door up.

He climbed down the stairs and found, what he guessed was, the storage room. He looked around and knew it was good to sleep in, he moved up the stairs to shut the door and smiled as no light penetrated. With his heightened eyesight, he walked farther into storage room and found an old cot. It was as if this place had been waiting just for him.

Satisfied with his new haven, Chupa went back outside the building and watched the houses across the street. With his heightened hearing, listened for anything that could bring him trouble. However, once it was clear, the forth house down was empty. He went to it and sneaked into the house without breaking a window or door.

Making sure that no human was in the house, Chupa found the bathroom. Eying the big glass shower stall, he smirked. He shed his clothes before turning on the water. Chupa stepped under the spray and his body soon relaxed as the water ran down his body. For a moment, he forgot about rushing and just stood there, with his hands braced on the cool tile wall. The hot water warmed his skin, which relaxed him even more. Suddenly, his ears caught the slightest noise and his fangs came out. He snapped his head over as the house cat came in and got onto the sink counter. Chupa was ready to attack until he saw the feline. As he calmed down, the cat began to lick its own paw. “Good kitty.” He said as he went back to taking his shower.

Within an hour, Chupa was back outside. He had gotten new clothes, a white stripped dress shirt with dark jeans, courtesy of the people who lived in the house. He also wore the chain of a holy figure around his neck. A symbol to show others that, vampires weren't exactly weakened by anything holy.

Afterwards, Chupa was on his way towards the guitar center, when his nose picked up on the same aroma from the other night. He looked around and spotted a human walking down the block and into a café. Like a cat, Chupa's curiosity got a hold of him and ended up passing the guitar center. He was going to find out where the unique scent is coming from.

To be continued......

Offline Blissdementia

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #7 on: Wed, Aug 25, 2010, 08:14 PM »
"bloodsuckers that feed on humans under the influence of alcohol or drugs just so they can experience the sensations themselves."

Well that's a new way to get high. "No Mom I swear, I didn't personally do the drugs!" lol

"They nodded and quickly scattered." HA! Chupa kicks butt and takes no names! ;) I love it.

Awe, poor little kitty scared the big bad vampire! Shows that he still has human characteristics!

Love the clothes that he borrowed. And that picture, holy crap he's hot. :D

Lovely update. I truely can't wait for more!
My Fanfics
When Stephen King was asked, "How do you write?" He invariably answered, "One word at a time."
One shot posted:

Offline Diesel's Mel

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #8 on: Wed, Aug 25, 2010, 08:56 PM »
Love how he handled the young punks and the thing with the cat is cute. Well done, darlin! I'm hooked and looking forward to more.  Oh and BTW, that photo you used....DAYMN!  **thud**

KEEP GOING!!!

Offline AM Gray

• Supreme VXer
    • Twitter
« Reply #9 on: Wed, Aug 25, 2010, 09:38 PM »
yeah good excuse -  "it must have been someone i ate"...

mausoleum's definitely don't come with hot showers - wait a sec...we didn't get a shower pic -  ;D

at least he is all clean and fresh ready for his meeting with whomever smells so good - hmmm...

Offline paulmtk

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #10 on: Thu, Aug 26, 2010, 06:12 AM »
Nice update, getting to learn about Chupa and his feelings;
He felt like his old self with a new life.

A new life that he's trying to keep away from Blade and other vampires  ;D

The brat pack, yeah they got what was coming to them.  :evillol  Should respect their elders more!

This unique scent has me curious . . .  you haven't given us a lot about it, so waiting patiently  :popcorn  to learn more about it or specifically about them. 

Offline babydoll619

• Supreme VXer
Re: [Blade/AU] Chevalier [NC17][ONG] Ch. 2
« Reply #11 on: Sat, Aug 28, 2010, 12:37 PM »
"bloodsuckers that feed on humans under the influence of alcohol or drugs just so they can experience the sensations themselves."

Well that's a new way to get high. "No Mom I swear, I didn't personally do the drugs!" lol

"They nodded and quickly scattered." HA! Chupa kicks butt and takes no names! ;) I love it.

Awe, poor little kitty scared the big bad vampire! Shows that he still has human characteristics!

Love the clothes that he borrowed. And that picture, holy crap he's hot. :D

Lovely update. I truely can't wait for more!

that's right Chupa is one bad ass mofo. lol mess with him and you get killed. no questions asked. haha

I knew you'd like the picture...that picture was the inspiration that started this story. :drool

Love how he handled the young punks and the thing with the cat is cute. Well done, darlin! I'm hooked and looking forward to more.  Oh and BTW, that photo you used....DAYMN!  **thud**

KEEP GOING!!!

Thanks for the feedback DM. I'm happy that you are hooked and hope you keep coming back. :hugs

mausoleum's definitely don't come with hot showers - wait a sec...we didn't get a shower pic -  ;D

Lol oh i know i was so trying to find a shower pic but didn't have any luck. I guess we're left with our imagination.  :dream :shower

This unique scent has me curious . . .  you haven't given us a lot about it, so waiting patiently  :popcorn  to learn more about it or specifically about them. 

Oh i know the mystery of this unique scent will be a key character. ;) I'llbe introducing more in upcoming chapters, so i hope I don't keep you waiting too long.

I like to thank everyone for the feedback. I really appreciate it since this is new territory for me. *hugs*
Also, if you noticed I've changed the rating to NC17 because there will be alot more violence, so I decided to prepare the readers for what to expect in future chapters.

Offline babydoll619

• Supreme VXer
Re: [Blade/AU] Chevalier [NC17][ONG] Ch. 3
« Reply #12 on: Sat, Aug 28, 2010, 06:38 PM »
AN:The bold and colored dialogue is a short IM conversation.

Chapter 3 New technology

Chupa observed the people in the building as they used modern technology to stay connected or even meet others. He watched as a small crowd of humans sat on stools around small tables, chatting away with the person next to them or on a laptop that was pinned to the table. He laughed on the inside at how peculiar this place looked. To the side, a coffee stand and across were a few book shelves. He stepped aside as he heard footsteps behind him. He noticed that everyone seemed to find a seat and got comfortable. Then, walking around, he got the chance to have a closer look. Spotting an empty table, he went over and sat there. With a quick glance at others typing away, he got the jest of it and began typing. He didn't know what he was looking for, but the sudden curiosity to find music took him to a site dedicated to all different eras and genres.

An hour went by and Chupa was addicted to the site. His finger slipped on a button and a little window popped up. Startled at first, he looked up to see what was going on, then the little window began to flash, “instant message.” He worded out very softly. He clicked on it and read.

Hello. I saw you walk in here tonight. Are you new?

He glanced around again, however, everyone else had their back turned or were too into their conversation. Curious about the new device, he wrote back.

Yes I am. Why do you ask?

He waited for a reply and smirked when he got it.

You don't look like the type of person that comes here for a date.

With a eyebrow raised he looked up again, hoping to see who was writing to him. Narrowing it down to three people, one near the coffee stand, the other by the book shelf and the last one by the entrance.

I'm not here for a date.

He typed back and saw that two of his guesses were leaving. He waited for answer and stopped when the person by the book shelf looked up at him. A woman with beautiful long brown hair. What interested him more were her golden brown eyes. He never seen such a color like that, at least not on a human. He inhaled her scent and could swear she was not a vampire nor lycan. She smelled like a human with a little something extra.

He saw her get up and come to him. He tried his hardest to not show his fangs. “Hello.” She spoke to him with no worry in her voice. She took a seat across from him and smiled. “If you're not here for a date then...”

Chupa smirked and closed off the laptop. He watched her, not believing what she was getting herself into. She looked like a good girl and yet here she was talking to him, a dangerous monster. “I didn't know it was a dating café.”

She looked at him and then giggled softly. Chupa couldn't help but laugh either. “I take it that you never have stepped into one before.”

Chupa smirked and then realized he was reading her thoughts. He quickly began to think of something else. “No. I've heard of them though.” He looked at her wondering why she felt attracted to him. As far as he knew he wasn't an innocent looking guy.

She smiled and glanced around before looking at him. “You don't have um...the good English accent.” she said.

“Neither do you.” He smiled as he didn't break eye contact with her. Something about her, made his heart pound loudly against his chest. He leaned closer and said, “I'm not from here, been on the road for a very long time.”

She nodded and smiled. “I'm not from here either. I'm from the US. I'm only here because I needed a change.” She flipped her hair off her shoulder, giving him a perfect view of her bare neck.

Chupa fought the urge to bite her, he was hungry but something told him not to take her. He cleared his throat. “I understand that. I'm like that as well.” He looked back to her eyes and grinned. “But I adapt to new places very quickly.” He smiled at her.

The young woman smiled back to him. They continued to talk a little more before she looked at her watch. She frowned. “It's getting late. I have to go home before it gets too dark.”

Chupa watched as she got up. It astonished him that he was sadden that she was leaving. “Are you afraid of the dark?” he said to lighten up the moment.

She giggled and looked at him. “No, but there are certain people that stay out and start trouble. I don't want be caught in the middle of it.” she hoped he understood what she was explaining.

He nodded. “Yeah, I wouldn't want you to be in the middle either.” he cleared his throat. “Can I walk you out or at least get your name?”

Her smile grew. “Um, my name is Brooklyn. Weird name but I like it.” She extended her hand.

He took her hand and instant felt her pull away a little but she shook it. “I'm known as Chupa.” He looked at her as he heard her think. He looked away as the word was spoken in her mind. Quickly, he looked at her. “I'm not like them, anymore.” The moment he said it he looked away. He had violated her privacy.

Brooklyn looked at him in shock. She was so sure, he wasn't a vampire. But he was too handsome to be human. She cleared her throat, “Did you...um I have to go.” She quickly said and turned to leave. “It was nice meeting you.”

Chupa nodded as he watched her go. The first human he let go since he became a bloodsucker. As soon as she was out of the building, he got up and left to. The urge to find her and the urge of blood were starting to mix together and get a hold over him. He picked up on her scent and could hear, she wasn't alone. Cursing under his breath, he followed her scent and quickly found the monster that was only a few feet behind her.

Suddenly, she turned and looked at the man. She didn't see Chupa in the far back, but she could sense him. Her eyes focused on the vampire standing infront of her. She stood her ground, although, she tried  to not bend to his power. Her breath caught at the sight of his fangs coming out. In mere second, her eyes closed, while sensing the air pick up around her

To be continued.....

Offline Blissdementia

• Supreme VXer
Re: [Blade/AU] Chevalier [NC17][ONG] Ch. 3/?
« Reply #13 on: Sat, Aug 28, 2010, 06:51 PM »
Great update. I love how you threw in the IM conversation and put it in different colors!

"An hour went by and Chupa was addicted to the site." Seems to happen to most of us! lol

"As far as he knew he wasn't an innocent looking guy." Some of us women love the non-innocent looking guys!

So he let her go because he felt something different about her?? But is he going to bite her?? She seems interesting.

Can't wait to see where you go with this! lol

Update soon please!

My Fanfics
One shot posted:

Offline Diesel's Mel

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #14 on: Sat, Aug 28, 2010, 09:00 PM »
Well done darlin. I like that he's adjusting quickly to the new technology and I like how you used the different color and bold font to set the IMs apart. I like that he can pick up on the fact that she's not Vampire or Lycan, but she's not exactly human either. There's something different about Miss Brooklyn. I'm curious to see where this goes next. Still drooling over that photo and waiting for more.

Offline AM Gray

• Supreme VXer
    • Twitter
« Reply #15 on: Sun, Aug 29, 2010, 03:35 AM »
oooh - so miss Brooklyn has some kind of defense to vamps or is she just hoping Chupa will rescue her - she is human with something extra right? can't wait to see what....

Offline paulmtk

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #16 on: Mon, Aug 30, 2010, 06:30 AM »
Wonderful update  :applause that has lots of questions going round and round about Brooklyn and also about Chupa

Guessing she's the unique scent; not vampire nor lycan but something new to Chupa??!! 

Hope you don't keep us waiting too long for the next update and what's going to happen  :-\

Offline babydoll619

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #17 on: Tue, Aug 31, 2010, 04:28 PM »
Blissdementia:
Great update. I love how you threw in the IM conversation and put it in different colors!

:hugs Thank you for the feedback. I'm always happy to hear from you, so when you like something from my fic, it just motivates me to keep going.

"An hour went by and Chupa was addicted to the site." Seems to happen to most of us! lol

It sure does...hell I still get addicted when I re-discover sites. lol

"As far as he knew he wasn't an innocent looking guy." Some of us women love the non-innocent looking guys!

Mmmm a bad boy...it's the type we love to hate but still coming back to them. lol

So he let her go because he felt something different about her?? But is he going to bite her?? She seems interesting.

Lol yeah, he'll tell her why he let her go soon enough. He won't bite...hard  lol just kidding.

Diesel's Mel:
Well done darlin. I like that he's adjusting quickly to the new technology and I like how you used the different color and bold font to set the IMs apart.

Thanks DM. I'm glad you like that little IM chat. If I could have, I would have placed a picture of the actual conversation, but hey I keep always imagine it, when I go back to read that section. lol

I like that he can pick up on the fact that she's not Vampire or Lycan, but she's not exactly human either. There's something different about Miss Brooklyn.

There sure is something about Brooklyn. And that's something that grabs Chupa's attention. We'll learn more about this in future chapters.

I'm curious to see where this goes next. Still drooling over that photo and waiting for more.

Shoot, I'm drooling too. A shame that I couldn't find one of him without a shirt. lol

mrstrentreznor:
oooh - so miss Brooklyn has some kind of defense to vamps or is she just hoping Chupa will rescue her - she is human with something extra right? can't wait to see what....

Well Brooklyn knows that Chupa is a vamp, she isn't aware that she has some kind of defense to his kind. In her mind, she's just a normal human, but to the supernatural, she has a little something special.

paulmtk:
Wonderful update  :applause that has lots of questions going round and round about Brooklyn and also about Chupa

Thanks for reading. I know there's so much to know about Brooklyn and Chupa...I'll tell you more about them in upcoming chapters.

Guessing she's the unique scent; not vampire nor lycan but something new to Chupa??!! 

Exactly! And Chupa will be like a moth to a flame. Lol

Hope you don't keep us waiting too long for the next update and what's going to happen  :-\

Don't worry, I'll be updating soon enough.

Thank you all for leaving feedback and Hope you enjoy the chapter 4.

Offline AM Gray

• Supreme VXer
    • Twitter
« Reply #18 on: Tue, Aug 31, 2010, 04:32 PM »
now babydoll - a vamp being attracted to a flame would be a very bad idea  ;D

Offline babydoll619

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #19 on: Tue, Aug 31, 2010, 04:48 PM »
now babydoll - a vamp being attracted to a flame would be a very bad idea  ;D

Lol that is soo true. I should say A bear to honey. hahaha

==============================================

Chapter 4 Encounters

Yet, Brooklyn didn't feel anything. Just as she closed her eyes, after a split second, she opened them and her sight revealed Chupa bitting into strange vampire's neck, bringing her to an utter shock. She watched as Chupa suck the blood out the rogue vampire, she could tell he had a strong hold over the stranger as random strands of blood slipped pass Chupa's lips. Finding the will to step back, Brooklyn  couldn't take her eyes off the scene.

Fearing for her life now, her breath was shallow when Chupa finally pulled away and let the body drop. He spit some blood out and looked at her. He made no move towards her, allowing her to digest what she had seen. “You...how...why?” She couldn't find any words to ask the right questions.

Chupa wiped his mouth clean and looked down to see his shirt stained with blood.  “Like I said. Don't want you being caught in the middle of our feeding time.” His eyes drifted back up to hers.

“You...followed me. Were you going to...what he was going to do?” She glanced around, ready to run away, but she knew it would be worthless. Oh god, he's going to feed from me!

He let out a long sigh. “No, I wasn't going to feed from you. I did have the urge earlier, but something told me not to. At least not without your permission.” A tiny smirk appeared on his blood stained lips.

His words struck her. He was a vampire and she suddenly wasn't afraid of him anymore. Truthfully, Brooklyn never feared vampires in general. However, when it came to feeding, it was a whole different story. She looked down and noticed the dead vampire burning from the inside out. How is he doing that? She looked up at Chupa, confused.

Chupa smirked at her. “I will explain it all to you but uh, I think you've seen enough for tonight. You should go home.”

She nodded and turned to keep walking. She stopped  a short while and turned her head back to him. He was still standing in his place. “How do I know you won't follow me or if another vampire will?” a curious yet serious question.

He tried his best to not laugh at her insecurity. He walked to her casually not frightening her one bit. “I won't follow you, I will stand right here and can still smell your scent for about five maybe eight miles away. I don't know if another vampire will follow you. I ain't gonna lie...I just  have this feeling that I need to help you.” He looked into her eyes without using his abilities.

Brooklyn blinked and wondered if he was doing some mind trick on her. Then again, how would she really know without him telling her. Brooklyn looked at him sincerely and nodded. She sighed and quickly gestured with her forefinger.  “I live down the block from here. I know you can read my mind. You kind of proved that back at the café.”

He grinned; an act that was now unusual for him. “I'm sorry about that. I am trying not to read your mind. Would you like me to stand here until you are safely in your place?”

A little smile appeared in her face. She was comfortable with that, he would keep an eye out, but he wouldn't follow her. “Thank you for saving my ass.” She let out a giggle. “Can I repay you with something that isn't...my blood?” She thought about how she could thank him for saving her from the vampire and saving her from being killed. She knew vampires had to keep things hush-hush.

Chupa chuckled and looked at her. “I would like a chance to explain.” He owed her that much if nothing else. He then smiled as she nodded. “Any place you would like is fine with me as long it's dark.”

She giggled. “Um...same time tomorrow. I can meet you by the pub near the café.” Chupa nodded in return. With that said, she said goodnight to him and began to walk home. A little edgy at first, but when she was half way to her house, she glanced back and still saw him standing at the corner. She felt safer and went home.

True to his word, he stood there until she was safely inside her town house. He lingered a while after, only for a few minutes, just listening. Before he would leave, he looked over to the now medium pile of ashes. Chupa knew that Brooklyn would ask about this dead fellow, even though she witnessed him drink the fucker dry. In his mind, Chupa thought about how many times he'd seen his kind die.

There were only three main ways; bleed to death, burned to ashes or decapitation. In reality, a vampire is like a human, in some ways. Chupa knew vampires could bleed to death; one long taste of their blood or a wound with excessive bleeding, and their whole body stops running. It's why they must feed right after their wounds are healed. Vampires use all their energy to heal themselves, so their condition is fragile until they feed their hunger or else they'll die. It ain't a pretty picture to see a dried up vampire, much less smell it as it dries up. Therefore, there's only one choice but to burn the decaying body before it creates havoc in the community.

Many believe vampires are strong and they are. Nonetheless, they are very fragile once physically hurt. One snap of a bone near a crucial artery and that vampire will be dead by morning because of internal bleeding. Once they are dead, vampire bodies are easy to get rid of without leaving a trace, unlike the human. With direct sunlight, UV rounds or simply a fire, the bodies incinerate; leaving a pile of ashes in its place. One strong gust of wind comes through and that pile is gone and no one would have never noticed a body being there.

So now thinking about the scoundrel that tried to attack Brooklyn, Chupa inhaled the strong scent of rain. He watched a a few ashes were still burning but finally settled down. Chupa was quick on his feet with this one. He always kept a lighter on his person and when he attacked his fellow kindred, without Brooklyn seeing, he took out his lighter and burned the vampire's fingertips. An action like that, warmed the bloodsucker right up like a fever and which caused the burning to start from the inside.

Now, that pile of soot sat there long enough for a strong breeze passed by and whisked it away. Chupa had noticed a damaged black jacket was left behind along with some ruined clothing items. He grabbed the jacket just as the rain began to fall. He put on the article and headed back to his haven. His thoughts had drifted towards his new 'friend', all the while, unaware of being watched by distant eyes. Probably because, the rain made it hard to pick up faint scents

Those distant eyes had watched the whole scene. They had been watching, the 'newcomer,' since the moment he arrived. Although Chupa had not made trouble, they were suspicious about him bringing trouble their way.

There were three sets of eyes, dressed in black hooded monk cloaks. Standing idly by, on top of the tallest buildings, they watch the newcomers and report back to the council of Elders. There are many kindred that police the streets and if needed, they were the type of vampires who will do anything to protect the kindred secrets.

So naturally, they stood guard, watching Chupa destroy two vampires already. One; just to state his place in the town and the recent kill; to save a human. It was one thing to fight and then kill a competing bloodsucker, but simply kill for a human. A human that held no value to Chupa or an other vampire. She was no vessel, so commonly, they would assume Chupa would have to kill her for witnessing the event. But that never came, Chupa let her go and arranged to see her for an explanation. These 'guardians' didn't understand but they surely weren't  going to stand by and let Chupa spill there secrets. The tallest of the three, turned his hooded head and whispered something to his fellow guardian.

In seconds, the guardian, on the right, was gone; leaving two sets of eyes watching over the street. They weren't bothered by the heavy rain at all.

To be continued>>>
« Last Edit: Tue, Aug 31, 2010, 05:08 PM by babydoll619 »

Offline Blissdementia

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #20 on: Tue, Aug 31, 2010, 04:59 PM »
"I just  have this feeling that I need to help you.” Help her take off her pants?? I mean...Yeah, I bet that's the reason he doesn't want to feed on her! LOL

I like how you gave us the info about how vampires can die.

Ah, the Elders....I'm interested to see what the Elders and the guardians do to the new comer.

Wonderful update. I hope we get to see more of Brooklyn and Chupa together in the next chapter.

Update soon!
My Fanfics
One shot posted:

Offline AM Gray

• Supreme VXer
    • Twitter
Re: [Blade/AU] Chevalier [NC17][ONG] Ch. 4/?
« Reply #21 on: Tue, Aug 31, 2010, 05:34 PM »
hmmm- bad guys? in creepy dark cloaks -  :shock

he's breaking the rules - bad chupa -
He grinned; an act that was now unusual for him.

did you mean it used to be unusual? he seems to have been doing a bit of it lately :?

hmm - she smells good, he wants to protect her, he is honest with her and he tries not to read her mind - dang this boy's in trouble....

Offline babydoll619

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #22 on: Tue, Aug 31, 2010, 06:29 PM »
"I just  have this feeling that I need to help you." Help her take off her pants?? I mean...Yeah, I bet that's the reason he doesn't want to feed on her! LOL

I like how you gave us the info about how vampires can die.

Ah, the Elders....I'm interested to see what the Elders and the guardians do to the new comer.

Wonderful update. I hope we get to see more of Brooklyn and Chupa together in the next chapter.

Update soon!

Lol you dirty minded...they just meant and you already thinking about them hitting the bed. lol what would your mother think, Sandra? lmao

Glad you liked the vampire background facts.

Let's just hope the Elders and the Guardians don't do anything to our boy!

hmmm- bad guys? in creepy dark cloaks -  :shock

he's breaking the rules - bad chupa - did you mean it used to be unusual? he seems to have been doing a bit of it lately :?

hmm - she smells good, he wants to protect her, he is honest with her and he tries not to read her mind - dang this boy's in trouble....

Smiling used to be natural to him. Even if it was like an evil grin. But now it's so unusual for him to smile, it feels like something new and strange.

If he didn't break the rules..then Chupa wouldn't be a bad boy, would he. *wiggles eyebrows*

Thank you Bliss and mrstrentreznor for the fast feedback. :hug

Offline paulmtk

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #23 on: Wed, Sep 01, 2010, 02:40 PM »
The dialogue between Brooklyn and Chupa seemed very natural; woman sees a guy sucking another guys neck and then same guy goes up in flames . . . yup nothing normal about that, but then you did say she was used to and not afraid of vampires so she must be one tough female charrie; yeah!

:brain vampires are fragile huh?  Think that one's going to come back later in the fic.

The watchers and the elders . . . could be trouble for bad boy Chupa  :mwaha

Offline babydoll619

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #24 on: Sun, Sep 05, 2010, 02:48 PM »
The dialogue between Brooklyn and Chupa seemed very natural; woman sees a guy sucking another guys neck and then same guy goes up in flames . . . yup nothing normal about that, but then you did say she was used to and not afraid of vampires so she must be one tough female charrie; yeah!

:brain vampires are fragile huh?  Think that one's going to come back later in the fic.

The watchers and the elders . . . could be trouble for bad boy Chupa  :mwaha

thanks for the feedback. i can tell you're picking up on my foreshadowing. ;)
I hope you enjoy the next chapter. :hugs

====================================================

Chapter 5 Rag Doll

Brooklyn made sure her front door was securely locked. She stepped back and eyed the door. Thinking, at any second that vampire would change his mind, come right in and attack her. Yet, the seconds went by and nothing happened. She ran through her house, making sure doors and windows were closed and securely locked. Afterwards, she was panting hard as her body settled down in her bedroom. While she sat on the edge of her bed, she calmed her breath and listened to the quietness.

A few minutes passed and she realized that no one else was in her house. She had managed to get herself into her master bathroom and began to draw herself a long bath. She needed to relax and a bath always help her after a long day. Her thoughts settled on that maybe Chupa was a different type of vampire. He did seem to be sincere and honest. So, she then began to think about their next meet-up. Getting rid of her clothing, she stepped into her tub and washed away all the paranoia and anxiety.

Chupa arrived back at the barrens. He had passed a vampire drinking from his human vessel by the darkest corner. He ignored them and continued his way. Suddenly, engulfed by a mucky scent, Chupa was surprised, when a mysterious cloaked figure appeared infront of his hideout. “We've been watching you.” The figure said to Chupa. It's voice was masculine but not deep and as it talked there appeared to be a small screech with each word.

The figure stood there, not revealing it's face to Chupa. “The Elders would not like you to speak about our kind.”

“Well what if I do?” Chupa wasn't intimidated by this figure. He would stand his ground even if it kills him. Again.

A loud shrill came out from the figure, making any of the nearby vampires including Chupa wince. The figure was irritated and would not allow being disrespectful. “You are warned. If you speak one word, consider the consequences, Chupa.” Before a blink of an eye, the black mass was gone. Chupa looked around but there was no sign. He was curious to know who that was and what exactly do to be warned already. Sighing, he walked into his hideout and made sure the door was close so no sunlight would come in. “Guess I'll be looking for a new home,” he mentioned as he slumped down on the cot and inhaled a big breath. Just when I was starting to like it here, the freaks come out and I'm being kicked out, he thought as he let out an exhausted sigh. He closed his eyes just as dawn appeared on horizon.

The next night, Chupa went straight to the pub. On his way there, he had thought about what the figure had said to him. Figuring, he could still explain about his actions without spilling the vampires' secrets, Chupa woke up minutes before sun down and waited long enough to walk outside. He was hungry and went out hunting. He fed on a young blond haired woman. He didn't have any certain type when it came to feeding. Whoever was willing and there at the moment, he fed off them. He didn't kill them unless he had to. Otherwise, he made sure to erase himself from their memory and vanish before the daze wore off.

Upon arriving, his eyes wandered from the west to the east side of Rag Doll's Pub. With a inhale, he could tell which crowd was warm blooded. He stepped towards the east side and found himself a dark corner.

The waitress came over and did her daily duty. Chupa couldn't help but glance over to the nearest side of the bar. He caught the scent of the lush vamps and he then casually pointed to them, while asking to have whatever they were having. A cautious vampire would never speak the word 'blood' in a pub, it was blasphemy. By doing so, a vampire would have sentence him or herself to death if they mention drinking it where humans are around. So while in a pub, any of the undead would use different words.

The waitress glanced over to the direction and a shiver went down her spine. She always had the chills, when serving their kind and stuck it out until her shift was over. Taking in a sharp breath, she looked back to Chupa and prayed to not be dinner tonight.

Chupa sat there, unalarmed and watched the girl go. Could be a cute potential vessel, but I don't like keeping suck ups around. Takes the fun out of the hunt. At that moment, he took his time to look around again. It wasn't too busy, but he could tell the people were the regulars. He guessed that, because it seemed everyone knew each other and stayed in their area, meaning the humans took up mostly the west side of the pub and the undead, with willing humans, on the other side.

Shortly, the waitress came back with a ice cold black mug of blood. She looked at Chupa, waiting for him to speak, yet he didn't and paid her, which surprised her. She didn't hesitate to take the money and as soon as she did, she had then rushed off.

Inhaling the blood made his eyes roll back to the back of his head. The curious side of him wondered, where the blood had came from. He wondered, who exactly drained the body for this undead crowd or perhaps, the owner had a deal at a local blood bank. The rest of him, pushed all thoughts aside and went ahead. He was in the middle of chugging down his beverage when Brooklyn came into the place. He didn't recognize her or picked up on her scent because the strong aroma of the blood had invaded all his scenes. When he set his mug down, he looked to the door and saw her coming towards him. Chupa made sure to wipe away any sign of blood spill on him. As Brooklyn got closer, he stood up like a gentlemen.

Brooklyn, dressed in a casual dark blue tank top and faded denim jeans, had spotted Chupa. She came to the pub a little early because she wanted to drink something before her meeting, yet she spotted him and decided to get it over with. Her eyes instantly moved around and laid on some suspicious people. They looked hungry and seemed to want to devour her. A few from the west side of the pub, watched in shock as she willing walked over to the “dark side.”

Breathing in deep,  she gathered her courage and hoped for a pleasant evening. When she got to him, she slightly grinned. “Hello Chupa.” Her voice was low, which she knew he could clear her loud and clear.

Chupa offered her a seat, which she gladly took in the booth, before he took his seat again. “I was beginning to think, you changed your mind.” He said as the same waitress came back. Brooklyn smiled at her and was about to order the same drink as him, but the shake of his head made her switch to a regular beer. The waitress completely ignored Chupa and hurried off with the order.

“I was going to stay home a little longer. But I don't really want to waste time and live in fear. It's not the way I was raised.” She replied to Chupa's comment. Suddenly, all the nerves and fear slowly eased away.

Chupa could see her transitioning from tense to calmness. He licked his lips without showing her his fangs, he looked at her and confessed. “After you went home, I had an encounter. Seems I'm being watched. Probably right now too...so I'm obligated to tell you only a few things and hope my answers won't get me into more trouble.” He looked away from her and saw the waitress coming with the beer.

Brooklyn smiled and moved to pay for her drink, but at Chupa's insistence, she thanked him for paying her beverage. When they were alone again, she thought about he just told her. “If you don't mind me asking then...how do you have money if you...” She wondered, maybe he worked at the graveyard shift somewhere.

“Before she left, my sire left me a pretty good amount to keep me settled for awhile.” He picked up his black mug and drank his cold blood. Not the warm stuff he liked and used to, but it will have to do to keep himself controlled.

“She let you go? I thought you all travel in clans?” She asked in a softer tone before she began to drink her beer. Her body was more relaxed now as the alcohol numbed all the tensed spots.

“Some do, some don't. As for me, well I used to be in one. Now I travel alone.”

“Can I ask how you got here? Or is that a taboo question?” She dabbed her napkin at the corners of her mouth.

He grinned and could tell she wanted to know everything. “It's a long story and like I said...don't want to risk my stay.” He looked into her dark brown eyes and smirked. He slightly shook his head, downed the rest of his blood, say the waitress passing by, ordered another before he continued. “For years, I did a lot of traveling. I was born in North America and after being reborn, I went to Europe and eventually settled here.”

She was satisfied with his answer about his past for now. “Will you stay long?”

“I'm hoping to stay for awhile or until Blade comes looking for me.”

She heard that name before, yet she couldn't place where. “Blade?”

“I did some bad shit back in the day, so Blade came for me. I was lucky, he didn't find me. Until I was apart of the blood pack. ” The waitress strolled by and he almost ripped the new mug out from her hand before chugging down the red liquid. “That dhampir is out for anyone of my kind that fucks up royally.” He growled out. He was getting a few of the others' attention.

Brooklyn paid for his drink and let the waitress go. Sensing, she touched a sensitive subject, Brooklyn changed the subject. “Um...I liked to thank you again for last night.”

He roughly put down the mug as he blinked. He wiped away the blood that spilled with the back of his hand. “You're welcome.” He pushed his angered thoughts away and focused on her.

She smiled and couldn't help but say, “I know you said you didn't want me to get in the middle of feeding time....but why me? We just met and--do you expect me to be...” She glanced around and then whispered, “Your vessel?” She knew what vessels were and she didn't want her cold drained body to be washed up somewhere after a year or two of offering her blood to a vampire.

Chupa chuckled and shook his head in that thought. “I really don't know what to tell you.” He smirked at her. “I could have gone three ways but I went against all of them. I could have put a daze on you in the café. I could have finished you off for witnessing or maybe made you forget everything about me. I didn't do those things because I like you. I think if I ever need it, you can help me.” He shrugged as he really didn't know what he could possibly need her for, but it was a gut instinct.

Brooklyn nodded as she felt thankful for him saving her from being killed by his hand. “Well I don't normally say this to someone I barely know, but you count on me. Your secret is safe with me and If you need me, well I'm sure you can find me.” She held up her beer bottled to him and grinned when they gently tapped their beverages together before they drank.  She glanced over to the people around and wondered if maybe they were listening in.

Chupa grinned as her thought casually entered his mind. “They're in a daze themselves.” He shut his mouth before he spoiled anything. Truth was, the lush vampires were busy toying with their food and the rest of the vampires were busy nursing their red liquid, that their other senses sometimes got blocked.

Brooklyn looked at him and shook her head. She then wondered and had to think, “Does every vampire read minds?”

Chupa grinned. “I can't answer that. The one that came to me, might be listening. Even with what I just said seconds ago, may have been too much.”

She nodded and put a halt on her curious questions. “That's acceptable.” It was then her brown eyes  turned into a golden brown and they began to get brighter in their dark corner. Her unique scent filtered his nose and caused him close his eyes. “Are you okay?” She noticed the change in him.

Chupa, simply, nodded. When he opened his eyes, he took notice in the change of her eyes. “Did you just put on contacts?”

She shook her head and began to feel warm. She grabbed her beer and drank some. 

Wondering why her eyes glowed that way, he felt the cold blood run through his veins. He took in a deep breath and fought off the urge to feed from her. “Would you care for a walk?” He asked her, needed some fresh air.

Brooklyn grinned. “Yeah, it's actually nice out. I thought it would be raining still.” She stood up and led them out of the pub.

Once outside, they had just walked around the corner, when Chupa leaned against the wall. Brooklyn stepped closer to him and worried. She was always the caring type no matter how long she has known the person. “Guess the cold drinks don't blend well after a good warm meal.” He steadied himself and slowly began to walk again.

“Maybe you should lay down. Do you want me to take you home? We can just walk the distance of my house and then I can take you home.” She watched his every step while walking along beside him.

However, Chupa shook his head. “I'll be fine.” He looked at her and could still see her bright golden eyes. “Who gave you, your eyes?”

Startled at first, she then grinned and knew he would be fine. “My mother. She was half Native American. My father was a white man with hazel eyes. He met her on the reservation and married her less than a year. “

Chupa nodded and began to understand why her eyes reminded him of a werewolf's eyes. “Is your mother a lycan?”

Brooklyn had to giggle. “Not every Native American has the lycan bloodline. At least not in my grandfather's tribe.” She looked into his eyes, not fearing of his potential. “Why do you ask?”

“Never seen such a color on a human before. Just wondering that's all.” He glanced up and caught the shadows of what he guess were the ones watching him.

“Are you suggesting if I have some lycan blood in me?” She giggled and shook her head. “You're the first to ask me that, but no. I'm full human. Last time I went to the doctor she declared me a healthy human.”

Chupa looked down and to her. “What do you do in the day while I'm sleeping?”

“I work at a newspaper company. I'm a receptionist. The job is sometimes boring but on the upside, I have a few good friends that write columns and good articles.” She grinned. She looked out ahead of them and noticed they were walking towards her house except heading the opposite side and not the usual way.

“You said you're from the US. Which part?” He noticed her unique scent had startled to settle and now faint. Her eyes continued to glow it's golden shade but nothing like in the pub.

“I was born in New York. My parents fell in love with the city and named me after the neighborhood they lived in before we moved out to the reservation in the mid-west.” She grinned.

“Where are they now? Your folks I mean.” He took in her soft caramel color skin. He could tell she was warm and really soft.

“My father passed away in a car crash shortly after we moved.. My mother...took her life two weeks after that. My grandparents raised me until I turned eighteen. I headed back to New York but there were so many sad memories. I had to leave and then I found myself here.” She had lowered her voice and looked down as she walked.

“I'm sorry. I know how it is to lose your parents. I lost mine when I was just twelve.” He said as he vaguely remembered them. It had been so long ago, especially on the verge of turning a hundred. He was twenty-six when was turned into a vampire.

“Guess it was easier to say goodbye to them before turning huh?” She said looking at him, considering him very lucky where she still held her parents very close to her heart. She was just twenty-two and it felt like yesterday when she lost them.

“You could say that. I never really said goodbye to my past life properly. I pulled a vanishing act. Back then, no one looked for you unless you were a little child. Turned out no one missed me, so I left with my sire and began a new life.” He looked at her and thought about his old fiancé, Amelia. The one that broke his heart, those hundred years ago. Chupa looked at Brooklyn, with a fresh memory of his old lover and suddenly saw the slight resemblance. He had to double blink and then stepped away from her.

“What's wrong?” Brooklyn looked at him. He looked like he had just seen a ghost.

“You...” He was breathing hard. “Was there anyone in your family named Amelia Miller?” He asked her, hoping there wasn't.

Brooklyn thought about his weird question. “Um...” She could see him easy up a little. “That was her maiden name, but then she got married and became Amelia Hunter.”

To be continued>>>>

« Last Edit: Sun, Sep 05, 2010, 03:30 PM by babydoll619 »

Offline Blissdementia

• Supreme VXer
Re: [Blade/AU] Chevalier [NC17][ONG] Ch. 5/?
« Reply #25 on: Sun, Sep 05, 2010, 03:26 PM »
The figure said to Chupa. It's voice was masculine but not deep and as it talked there appeared to be a small screech with each word.

I love how you described the voice, made it so I could almost hear his words.

A loud shrill came out from the figure

Temper tantrum? lol

Mug of blood? Eww! lol

So that's why he didn't kill her, he likes her! lol I wonder how she will be able to help him if he needs it? Can't wait to find out.

I'm glad that she didn't push it farther when he said he couldn't talk about certain things. She has respect, that's good.

her eyes reminded him of a werewolf's eyes

Cool description!

“Was there anyone in your family named Amelia Miller?” He asked her, hoping there wasn't.

Why is that a bad thing?? Aww man, she would have to say yes, wouldn't she? lol

Great update. I can't wait for the next chapter!
My Fanfics
One shot posted:

Offline AM Gray

• Supreme VXer
    • Twitter
« Reply #26 on: Sun, Sep 05, 2010, 03:28 PM »
oooh - so was Amelia her mother? who "took her own life"? no, not far back enough right?

hmmm - no wonder he was attracted to her - don't most people have a type; i remember reading a newspaper article where the woman said she was at a BBQ with her friend and her ex and her new boyfriend and they could have been brothers - she thought through her men and realized they were all of a 'type'

plus she has some lycan blood; is that what he can smell - how does it activate, she doesn't seem to know or is it inactive in her for some reason? not turned yet ?? so that means Amelia can't be her mother because she wasn't a lycan was she? -

gad! now i am confusing myself...

Offline paulmtk

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #27 on: Wed, Sep 08, 2010, 10:06 AM »
Wonderful update; luv the name of the pub, "Rag Doll" seems appropriate for a vampire/human hang-out.  :?

Your are setting this up beautifully; great foreshadowing!

The descriptions of the reactions of the waitress and the other vamps at the pub, priceless.  Had me wondering where they got their supply of ice cold blood. 

Lots of questions and looking forward to how you get the answers.  Brooklyn and Chupa both of secrets, whether they know it or not.  Interesting!!  :applause

Offline babydoll619

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #28 on: Sun, Sep 12, 2010, 04:58 PM »
Thanks Bliss for the feedback. Glad you like the chapter...lol yea the guardians throw little tantrums when others give them lip. haha

Also, thanks to mrstrentreznor. But Brookyn doesn't have lycan blood. She's just pretty special and soon you'll find out why. ;)

One more thanks to paulmtk. :hug Glad you could make it over here and read it. A quick note where the supply of ice cold blood came from (I know i should have mentioned it there but i didn't see it that important) it came from a blood bank. ;)

Anyways, here's chapter six. enjoy everyone

==========================================

Chapter 6 Dangerous roads

“She was my great-great-great-great grandaunt. On my father's side.” She said as she remembered her dad telling her about how she looked like that relative.

Chupa closed his eyes and tried to remember his Amelia. “Did she have sandy brown hair, green eyes and always wore a black stone ring on her ring finger?” He asked while he pictured her as clear as the night.

Brooklyn nodded as she did remember the antique photograph. She then figured that he must have known her relative. “My father said she was to be married but she left town. Everyone assumed she eloped with her fiancé. They never saw her again but would occasionally receive letters until she just stopped writing.”

Chupa sighed and shook his head. “She did leave town but she didn't marry.” His eyes looked so sadden. “I gave her that ring when we were eighteen. It was her engagement ring. She left me for someone else and never returned the ring.” That thieving bitch...she broke my heart and ran away with some other fuck!

“You were her fiancé.” She frowned and saw his heartache.

Chupa leaned against the gate railing of someone's house. He gripped the bar and tried not to let his anger out.

He was fifty years old in vamp years when he found Amelia. She was an old white haired woman and living in Chicago. She didn't recognize him at all. Amelia looked like she would die any moment. He didn't wait any longer to see if she was truly alone or is she had children. But, he was content in the fact, that she was dying and he would out live her. He was very vengeful in those days and didn't care, at least, not about her.

After a few silent minutes, he noticed they were three houses down from hers. “You should get inside, feeding time will be in it's prime soon.”

Brooklyn frowned and looked at him. “She did you wrong, Chupa.” She leaned in and kissed his cool cheek. “From the stories I heard, she was pretty messed up. Pure evil.” Brooklyn was a glad that he continued to walk with her to the steps of her town house. “Once last question. What was your name before you were reborn?”

He looked at her with his newly adopted appearance. Brooklyn had inherited nothing from Amelia except beauty. Although. he guessed more of that was from her mother. “Emmett Hunter.” He gave her a small grin before bidding her goodnight. Watching her walk into her house, he waited to hear the locks turn. He sighed and headed out for one fast meal before heading back to his home.

Night turned into day. Brooklyn woke up by her alarm. It was Monday morning and she got fifteen minutes to be out her door. Springing out of her bed, she jumped into the shower and then dried off. She blow-dried her hair and then applied some make-up. She never needed much of it, so she always kept to earthly and natural tones. Especially around her brown eyes.

Taking in her appearance, she wondered what Chupa was talking about her eyes, last night. They were brown and always were. Until her grandmother told her, they were golden brown. She was just twelve then and thought her grandmother was just getting high on her herbal teas, so she excused it. But when Chupa brought it up, now she was rethinking everything her grandmother may have said. Oh man, what if Nana was right all these years...but no one else has mentioned it before. Maybe they never noticed my eyes or they made sure to avoid them because they looked too freaky. Blinking rapidly, She continued with her make-up and made a mental note to call her grandmother when she got home.

After she was done with the bathroom, she rushed over to her closet and picked out a gray cashmere sweater, a white collar blouse to go underneath and a black skirt. She put on black tights and then her ankle boots.

Once she was dressed, she glanced at her alarm and had only three minutes left. So she grabbed her purse, her crème color coat and then rushed herself downstairs to her kitchen. She debated on what to grab for food and then settled on an apple and nutrition bar. On her way out, she made sure everything was closed and even her front door before walking away. She got into her car and drove towards her job, unaware of being followed.

Upon arriving, she walked into the building with one of her writer friends. She clocked in and took her seat in the front desk. Immediately, she began taking calls and transferring them.

It was nearing noon, when things were a bit slow. Unheard of on Mondays, but it was. So while she waited for her lunch hour to come, Brooklyn got on the computer and did some free web surfing. Her instincts took over when she heard the elevator doors open. She looked up from her computer monitor and smiled politely. “Welcome. How can I help you?” You look like some snobby bitch just after some poor rich dude's money.

The visitor had walked straight to the desk. She was wearing a red dress that hugged her slim curves and wore matching heels. Her blonde hair was hanging over one shoulder. “Yes. I was wondering if I can have a word with Brooklyn Kincaid?” She asked in a soft British tone.

Brooklyn blinked and looked over the woman before she spoke, “I'm Brooklyn. Who are you?” She glanced behind the woman and wondered what was going on.

The woman smiled and talked softer as their business was to be private. “My name is Giovanna Gibbs.”

“Okay and what do you want to talk about?” Brooklyn could already tell she would not like this woman if things got heated.

Giovanna kept smiling and then leaned in to whisper. “About your special new friend.” She leaned back and caught Brooklyn's sudden reaction. “I would like to talk in private. Would you care to accompany me to lunch? On me, of course.”

Brooklyn kept looking at the blonde and figured it had to be important. She nodded and then looked at her partner. “I'm taking my lunch hour now. I'll be back soon.” She got up and grabbed her purse from under the desk and then her coat from the coat rack. Brooklyn put her coat on and gestured the other woman to lead the way. She watched Giovanna's every move and wondered what this woman's connection was to Chupa. Before Giovanna can turn around in the elevator, Brooklyn caught a glimpse of a small tattoo on the back of her neck. It appeared to be some sort of symbol shaped in a square. Almost tribal like but more of a hieroglyphic.

Weird type of tattoo but I know that symbol...where have I seen it before? Brooklyn saw Giovanna turn around and smile at her, Brooklyn entered the elevator and stepped next to her. The rode the elevator down in silence while Brooklyn felt uncomfortable. Outside, Giovanna stopped infront of the black luxury car. She watched the driver open the door for them, before looking at Brooklyn. “Please, I promise to bring you back.” She offered Brooklyn to enter first.

Brooklyn looked at her and then at the car. She didn't want to risk getting hurt, although she wanted to know if Chupa was in danger. Reluctantly, she got in and scooted over to the other end. If things got hasty, she would jump out. Giovanna had then climbed into the car and let the driver close the door for her. Brooklyn looked around the car for any sign of danger, but she didn't see any. “So how do you know Chupa?” She looked at the other woman in red.

“Personally, I don't know him.” She looked at her as the car began to move.

“Then how do you know of him?”

The answer didn't come. Before they knew it, the car was nearing a well known restaurant in a busy hotel. Brooklyn knew the hotel well, but she never stayed in it. Too much for her bank account to afford. Okay you're definitely some rich guys' mistress if you come here to have lunch, she thought.

Giovanna turned to her and grinned. “We can talk more inside.” She said as the car pulled infront of the restaurant's doors. Brooklyn's door was opened and soon both women stepped out. Brooklyn checked in her coat and wondered why the woman in red walked out like if it was hot. It wasn't a hot day at all, it was cold and windy.

Giovanna walked over to the maître d' and then continued to walk over to a table far from the ears of nosy people, who were dining. Brooklyn glanced around and saw this crowd were humans. Nothing looked out of the ordinary. When both ladies were seated, a waiter came over and handed out the menus. Giovanna ordered herself a Belvedere vodka and Brooklyn just plain water.

“This place is so great. The food is amazing.” Giovanna commented as looked over the menu.

Brooklyn sighed and still didn't look at the menu. Her mind was working overtime and she demanded answers. “Can you cut to the chase, please? I want to know who you are. Where you come from and why exactly do you want to talk about Chupa.”

Giovanna dropped her act. The smile on her face disappeared and she put down the menu. Looking into each others eyes, Giovanna became dead serious. “Your new boyfriend knows he is being watched. He has been warned and now my bosses want to make sure you will not cause trouble either.”

Brooklyn crossed her arms over her chest. “Your bosses? Who are they? Are you like their pet?” She figured they were vampires as well.

Giovanna had crossed her legs and leaned back in her chair. “I am no pet. I am their vessel. Soon, I will be one of them. They are true to their word. No one has dared to go against them. My future sire is an Elder, who has taken the Blood Oath.”

Brooklyn then thought about what this woman was saying. Chupa's words from last night echoed in her head. She then tilted her head, “You are a willing human, wanting to be them. Them, who are so secretive. And I think, they would kill their own kind to keep their ways hidden from the human eye. Yet, here you are, telling me about one of them and what they did to be that role. What makes you think your future sire will make you, a vessel, into a creature like them?”

Giovanna grinned and shook her head. She had full faith that she had power and will get her wish granted. She had been a vessel for years and her future sire will turn her, when he thinks she is truly ready. “He knows and granted me the power to explain this much.” She quickly changed the subject back on them. “Just like Chupa, you are being watched now.”

Brooklyn looked at her and could tell she wasn't lying. She inhaled and saw the waiter coming back with their drinks. “How long are they gonna watch me?” She thanked the waiter and ordered nothing since her appetite was long gone; thanks to Giovanna.

Giovanna ordered a chicken with a mushroom sauce and a side salad. When the waiter was gone, she looked at Brooklyn. “As long as they want to watch you.” She  took a drink of her vodka. “However, there are a few ways you can get them to stop watching you.” Giovanna had a hidden assignment. She was watching out for Brooklyn and didn't want another innocent person being hurt.

“How?”

“One option—let the guardians kill you. I know you won't take that option, so the other option is become a vessel.” She waited for a response.

Brooklyn looked away as if she was disgusted. Her eyes had settled on a couple by the nearest table, enjoying their lunch. She thought about it and looked at Giovanna. “I won't become a vessel. Vessels just suffer a long death.” She stood up, not wanting to be there anymore. “You tell your friends, I won't say shit but they better not come near me or Chupa. They better not send anyone to test my loyalty either.” She walked away not caring for a reply. She was too upset and needed to get back to her job.

On her way back in a taxi, Brooklyn knew there were dangerous roads up ahead for her and Chupa. Whatever these elders wanted, deep down, Brooklyn knew she would not be living a peaceful life.

To Be Continued>>>>

Offline Blissdementia

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #29 on: Sun, Sep 12, 2010, 05:52 PM »
Oh wow. What an intense chapter! lol

She was Brooklyn's aunt? Wow, that's crazy. Chupa could have been her Uncle! HAHA! Nice touch.

I'm glad that Brooklyn stood up for herself and for Chupa. Why do I get the feeling that she might end up as a vessel?? Or atleast she will regret her words she said to that lady.

I sure hope her and Chupa end up okay and not dead.

Can't wait for more!
My Fanfics
One shot posted: