Author Topic: BETA READERS NEEDED  (Read 20064 times)

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
Re: BETA READERS NEEDED
« Reply #150 on: Fri, Jan 13, 2012, 01:17 PM »
sure hun, i offered before if you remember.

ban

Offline Dottyluv22

• Dom's Desire
« Reply #151 on: Fri, Jan 13, 2012, 04:11 PM »
I actually don't.lol bad memory.lol so pm on fb then when your free so I can send you the story. THANKS ALOT!.....

Offline chriscent

• Xander's xXx
    • Facebook
« Reply #152 on: Mon, Apr 09, 2012, 12:53 PM »
Hey, I've poked my head out from under my rock and RIDDICK GOT IN!!  So I've been working on it a bit.  No title, and no ending.  Wondering if there's a beta that can poke around at my ficcy.  Not even divided into chappies yet.  I'm at about 15k words with maybe 1-2k more to write.

Thanks in advance.

Chriscent
----------
"I can add 2 and 2 to figure out that you are pissin' me off."
--Carl, Aqua Teen Hunger Force
"3 apples is better than 2 apples"
--My hub

----------

All my fics

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
« Reply #153 on: Thu, Apr 12, 2012, 09:16 AM »
 ;D  Be happy to, sweetie!  Just let me know... love reading about the big guy!

Offline Jack

• Emeritus Mod
  • Supreme VXer
  • Escaping from a pirate infested island...
« Reply #154 on: Sun, Oct 21, 2012, 04:28 PM »
Hello wonderful writers and beta readers of VX! I'm currently writing a Taylor/Dexter crossover fiction (currently untitled) and am looking for someone to beta! Please respond either here or through PM if you prefer :) Thanks!

Offline Bitten

• Space Babe
  • Administrator
  • Supreme VXer
  • Huh?
« Reply #155 on: Mon, Apr 01, 2013, 04:31 AM »
Hello all!  I'm thinking about resurrecting my old Star Trek 2009 fic, and if I do, I'll need a beta reader. My old betas have retired!

I was posting this story 3 years ago. I did not intend to quit writing, but real life got in the way and I never got back into the story. I have 10 chapters posted so far. I expect to have another 10-15 chapters before it is finished. I am posting it here and at fanfiction.net. Once it is completed, I plan to post it at several of the Trek fic sites as well. I got excited about completing the story recently because I've received several notes from readers at fanfiction.net. I imagine that people are interested again because the next Trek movie is coming out in about 6 weeks. If possible, I would LOVE to have this story finished in time for the premiere of the next movie, though that might be wishful thinking on my part.

The story pairing is Kirk/OFC. No slash. I'm a stickler for the Trek canon, so I try to be as accurate as possible with any references to Starfleet, the Enterprise, or anything else that is documented from the Trek universe. I'm hoping to find a beta that knows at least a little about Star Trek, both the 2009 movie and TOS. I also hope my beta can help me ensure the plot makes sense, and that I'm not stretching logic too far in creating the crux of the story. Sometimes I'm a bit long-winded, as you can tell from this very post! *lol*

If you are interested, please PM me. Thanks!!

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
« Reply #156 on: Mon, Apr 01, 2013, 05:06 AM »
I'd love to, sweetie.  I grew up on the original series and loved it!

Offline Bitten

• Space Babe
  • Administrator
  • Supreme VXer
  • Huh?
« Reply #157 on: Mon, Apr 01, 2013, 02:33 PM »
Great! Thanks! I'll invite you to the google doc as soon as I get it set up. :)

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
« Reply #158 on: Tue, Apr 02, 2013, 02:40 PM »
 :-*

Offline noise_chick

• Dom's Desire
    • Facebook
    • http://noise-chick.livejournal.com/
« Reply #159 on: Mon, May 20, 2013, 11:41 AM »
Hmm... this isn't a request for a beta so much as a co-author.
I have a Riddick fic I started, but got stuck on two major plot points... I let it sit for a year (or two), and nothing has untied the knots in my head.

Basic outline is post TCOR, slightly AU in two respects: Kyra's not dead, and Riddick said something to her during the infamous Crematoria re-acquaintance scene - one line really - that utterly sends their relationship spiraling down another path (though NOT romantic thankyouverymuch.)

The story is told from the perspective of a female merc captain. It's gritty, unapologetic and bloody - and paints Riddick how the merc corps would see him. I kinda want to tease out the sociopathic bad-boy romance aspect of his personality - especially given how "Riddick" is going to end - if it stays true to the script. (So it helps if you've read it.)

I have most of the first chapter written (from when I first got the idea) - and I can clarify what I'm doing after that - I just don't want to spoiler it, since I hope to post it here one day.
PM me if you're interested.

(thanks to the original artist)

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
« Reply #160 on: Mon, May 20, 2013, 12:02 PM »
sounds intriguing.

Offline shadowofdeath

• Riddick's Lover
  • I am but a ghost in the shadow of others.
« Reply #161 on: Tue, May 28, 2013, 08:41 AM »
Hey everyone, I don't know if this is the right place to ask for a beta, but the title of this place said: Beta readers needed.
So anyways, I need some help with my story. It's a slight crossover story of Riddick and Blade. Unfortunately, I've been writing it for a while now alone and when I reread it myself, I found that I've been making all of my characters OOC. I was trying to make Riddick and Blade more animalistic and darker in my story but instead made them into two giant softies. As if that's not enough, I also made my OFC(Luna) OOC. She is supposed to be someone who was a bit of a smartass, but after talking this over with Ban Sidhe(thanks for the tips girlie) she told me that wouldn't be a good idea with her type of background. So now I decided to make her a girl who has a bit of self-esteem issues. I don't know how someone like that acts. But anyways, if there is a beta around here who can and will help me, I'm all open for it. The rest of the information I will give after accepting ya. ^_^

Thanks anyways for just reading this and I apologize on beforehand if this was the wrong place to ask that.
If you see me, do not dread.
For very soon you shall be dead.
If you see me, you will die.
Your heart will soon belong to I. (Don't own. Don't know who wrote it but it's awesome!)

Offline shadowofdeath

• Riddick's Lover
  • I am but a ghost in the shadow of others.
« Reply #162 on: Thu, Nov 26, 2015, 10:46 AM »
Hey Everyone, I know it's been a long time since I came here but I cannot hold it in any longer;

I NEED a BETA for my Two for One story, pronto!

This story has been laying around gathering dust for way too long. I couldn't continue with my story because of issues from both my side as well as Bannie's side.

*sighs* I really don't wanna do this because she was fucking awesome to the 'T'. But I can't leave the story hanging any longer. (It's been laid off for over a year now and I can only update chapters that I've already written but I'm running on empty on them)

Therefore, I'm sending out this message to any and all who read this:

If anyone has time (a good lot of it), is good in betaing (meaning both the grammar and giving ideas) and keeping me in line so I don't push the characters to the back row or make them too OOC, I'm all ears... Oh! And that you aren't afraid to write a good juicy lemon without fainting from an overload of hormones XD :evillol
And of course doesn't mind making Riddick and Blade darker (in other words; as they are now in the story but will grow darker and slightly more animalistic in the next chapters) than they originally are (Gives, for a good story, ne?) ;P

Ahem, anyway, I am also hoping for a beta who dares nag around my head to keep me from abandoning my story. If there is ANYONE OUT THERE THAT MATCHES ALL OR AT LEAST MOST OF THESE DESCRIPTIONS FOR A BETA, JUST MESSAGE ME AND WE CAN HAVE A GOOD TALK ABOUT IT :D

Sincerely, Shadowoftheblackdeat

ps. the story I'm talking about is a story I posted a few chapters off on this site but when I could barely get my chapters uploaded anymore, I continued them on fanfiction.net since that site is where I go to the most. Though there are little to no people there that know how to write a good Riddick story or a very juicy lemon. Most either do one or the other, but they mostly make Riddick in a huge teddybear and in my story... well, he isn't. :devil2
If you see me, do not dread.
For very soon you shall be dead.
If you see me, you will die.
Your heart will soon belong to I. (Don't own. Don't know who wrote it but it's awesome!)

Offline Montgomery Burns 13

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
  • Every hero needs a formidable villain
« Reply #163 on: Thu, Nov 26, 2015, 01:10 PM »
Good luck with your story! :hugs

Who needs love when you've got a gun, who needs love to have some fun. Black Flag
Feelings are overrated. Dean Winchester

my fanfics