Author Topic: BETA READERS NEEDED  (Read 19600 times)

Offline princess_silence

• Supreme VXer
    • Facebook
Re: BETA READERS NEEDED
« Reply #120 on: Sun, Oct 12, 2008, 06:26 PM »
Is anyone interested in betaing a little songfic? I decided to leave my comfort zone and do something different and I could really use some help.  If anyone's interested, PM me.. I'd be eternally greatful for an honest opinion on this one!!

Offline Furyan Goddess

• Supreme VXer
  • "There will be no shots" ~ Johns
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/818825/
« Reply #121 on: Fri, Oct 24, 2008, 03:04 PM »
I'm writing a small, one shot, Dark Angel piece.  If anyone knows anything about the show, Alec in particular, and would like to beta, I'd be much obliged... I use Gdocs.

Thanks to Sil for siggie!

Offline camobeer

• Dom's Desire
« Reply #122 on: Fri, Feb 06, 2009, 08:37 PM »
I could really use a beta reader for my kag fic. if anyone has any free time and is interested please let me know by sendin me a pm or replyin in this thread. thank you so much.
stacy

Offline paulmtk

• Supreme VXer
  • Builidng a door so opportunity can knock!!
« Reply #123 on: Tue, Feb 17, 2009, 11:35 AM »
I have never beta'd before, but would give it a shot.  

I just signed up for gdocs or feel free to email at paulmtk@hotmail.com

Offline Furyan Goddess

• Supreme VXer
  • "There will be no shots" ~ Johns
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/818825/
« Reply #124 on: Wed, Mar 04, 2009, 04:38 AM »
Anyone looking for beta work?  I'm in need of a steady, reliable beta. I'm looking for spelling and errors and perhaps someone to bounce ideas off from time to time. I use Gdocs and I write not only Vin but Supernatural, K-Ville and a few others but those are the biggies at the moment.  

My email addy is FuryanGoddess@gmail.com

Thanks
Tracy

Thanks to Sil for siggie!

Offline noise_chick

• Dom's Desire
    • Facebook
    • http://noise-chick.livejournal.com/
« Reply #125 on: Wed, Mar 18, 2009, 10:47 PM »
I'm gonna need a beta in the next few days for chapter 12 of "Home."
I've posted through, uh... chapter 8 or 9 on the boards. Or you can read through chapter 11 here.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4866764/1/Home
Mainly, I just have problems with run-on sentances and overuse of commas.
Maybe someone to slap me when I go on too long...
Story is mostly plotted, just need someone who might be able to help me from point A to point B.
I have perhaps one more big smut scene in the lot of it, the rest is plot.
PM me if you've got the time and inclination.
Lay out your terms.
-Nic

(thanks to the original artist)

Offline riddicksbaby2

• Riddick's Lover
    • Twitter
« Reply #126 on: Mon, Apr 06, 2009, 04:06 AM »
Hey guys

I'm looking for a beta reader, i already have a gmail account spattison5@gogglemail.com.  i was working with evalina's obsession but she has been really busy and i didnt want to bug her with my writing problems, but from the help shes already given me i have a start to the story :D  i gotta warn you all though my writing is terrible lol so i need all the help i can get :D

thanks

sam

Offline CandyGyrl

• Multi-Facial
« Reply #127 on: Tue, Apr 28, 2009, 04:27 PM »
Hi! I"m Candice. I would really love a Beta Reader to proofread my stories before I post them. It would really help a lot. So if anyone wants to be my Beta, you can contact me via PM and we'll go for there. Thanks.  :)

Offline evilgrin

• Supreme VXer
  • Drinking whiskey in the Princess Bar
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Hello Beautiful
(No subject)
« Reply #128 on: Tue, May 05, 2009, 07:45 AM »
A Note to the Betas:

There have been a few posts about what it is to be a beta, about what's expected and what they are expected to do for you as a writer and to improve your storytelling skills. On top of all the great things that a beta reader will do for us, I'd like to add one more thing.

A beta reader should be well-versed on VX's Fanfic Rules. Sometimes when we're writing, it's very easy to get so carried away with with what we're doing that we may forget simple things like what makes up the mandatory header, where the line is between an 'R' rating and an 'NC17' rating, or that we may have crossed the line on age of consent for example. This is where having a beta poke you with a note or two before something is posted can really come in handy. So betas, take a moment to reacquaint yourself with VX's fanfic rules, here.

Thanks,
Elaine:)

my stories  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Homepage
It was a rainy night in the big city. A hard rain. Hard enough to wash the scum off the streets. And I'm stuck in it without an umbrella. What a tool.

Offline babzzee

• Rookie VXer
« Reply #129 on: Wed, Aug 26, 2009, 02:13 PM »
I need a beta reader mine is a small problem i have missing caps and punctuations .
this is all due to dyslexia and bad teachers. so if so one could help me out that would be great. i can be e-mailed at
babs_chick_03@yahoo.com

thankyou for your time bye
babzzee
LONG LIVE VIN
WE WANT MORE RIDDICK.
GIVE US THE RIDDICK!!!!

Offline Bitten

• Space Babe
  • Administrator
  • Supreme VXer
  • Huh?
« Reply #130 on: Tue, Dec 08, 2009, 07:40 AM »
I am looking for an additional beta reader for my Star Trek 2009 fic. Furyan Goddess is beta reading for me (thanks FG!), and I'd like to get another set of eyes too. I want to be sure my plot and character development make sense to someone who hasn't already spent hours helping me plan it (like FG has). I won't ask you to look at it until the spelling/grammar/punctuation is correct, so you don't need to worry about wasting your time with that tedious stuff (assuming you don't think the story itself is tedious...)  :)

Offline DragonFry606

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #131 on: Sun, Jan 24, 2010, 07:49 AM »
I'm still available to Beta if anyone needs one. I'm not the greatest but i do find spelling errors and weird mistakes in other people's work quite easily. My own, not so much.
About the only think I'm not real big on is anything to do with rape. So please none of that. Anything else if fair game and I'd be happy to help out.
If english is not your first language please let me know up front so i can add that as a consideration in your work.
Please feel free to use me, and i stop by here about every other day for a glance at the site. Hardly ever in chat any more.
Fry ;D

I die, you resurrect me, why is it you always get me back?

Hater of chain E-mails!

Offline blkvixon

• Multi-Facial
  • You were Billy Badass..
« Reply #132 on: Wed, Mar 10, 2010, 08:42 AM »
hello...

I am blkvixon and I am new to writing stories. I  have the beginning started but I think I need someone to go over my work. I am not sure how to do this ....I'm such a newbie..lol COuld you beta read for me? There is no rape in the content that I will sent to you.. I can be reached here.

Offline noise_chick

• Dom's Desire
    • Facebook
    • http://noise-chick.livejournal.com/
« Reply #133 on: Wed, Mar 17, 2010, 12:40 AM »
lalala ... of course, not working on my ongoing fics... but if anyone had any knowledge of Hindu religion, or more specifically... Kali,  I'd love a beta on a oneshot  Riddick fic I'm considering posting.
(it isn't done yet)
PM me if you're interested

(thanks to the original artist)

Offline Cyren

• Emeritus Mod
  • Supreme VXer
« Reply #134 on: Tue, Aug 03, 2010, 04:27 AM »
Hello :) I need a Beta for a Twilight fic...it is post Breaking Dawn. I don't want to post it till I've finished it so it will be a while before its on here. I'd like someone who is familiar with the genre...sparkly vampires and all :)

Oh...its mainly grammar and spelling errors I've over looked.
« Last Edit: Tue, Aug 03, 2010, 05:26 AM by Cyren »

HarborA SpyChix Story
Hatari A SpyChix Story
Scar Tissue Taylor
Beauty From Ashes Sean

Offline AM Gray

• Supreme VXer
    • Twitter
    • AM Gray's blog: Gray Matters
« Reply #135 on: Tue, Aug 03, 2010, 02:37 PM »
Cyren

i could have a look for you - i know the genre and i hate spelling mistakes - i wont turn your aus-speak into american either - lol
MTR

Offline Bitten

• Space Babe
  • Administrator
  • Supreme VXer
  • Huh?
« Reply #136 on: Wed, Aug 04, 2010, 09:38 AM »
i wont turn your aus-speak into american either

I will! Unless you ask me not to! :D

Just a general note, when you ask someone to beta for you, you should be clear about what you want from them. Many beta readers utilize standard English, rather than any regional dialect. If you want your native tongue to remain true, just tell your beta reader that and they will most likely oblige. :)

Offline CandyGyrl

• Multi-Facial
« Reply #137 on: Wed, Sep 08, 2010, 01:19 AM »
I haven't updated my story for a year and a half and I'm working on it again. I would very much appreciate a beta reader. My story is "Half-Crazy".

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
« Reply #138 on: Fri, Sep 17, 2010, 06:09 AM »
Put it on googledocs. and add me as an editor,candy.

Be happy to help.  Pm me and I'll give you my e-mail.

Offline Bitten

• Space Babe
  • Administrator
  • Supreme VXer
  • Huh?
« Reply #139 on: Sun, Oct 17, 2010, 08:22 AM »
I need help with a few paragraphs containing Spanish words, and English spoken with a strong Spanish accent. I don't think it will require much time. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. :)

Offline trickerati0n

• Supreme VXer
  • Trust my RAGE
    • Facebook
« Reply #140 on: Thu, Feb 10, 2011, 04:35 PM »
I need help with a few paragraphs containing Spanish words, and English spoken with a strong Spanish accent. I don't think it will require much time. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. :)

B: is you still need help with the Spanish, I'll be happy to help!!!

And I need a beta for my very first fanfic, about Supernatural.  If you're interested, please let me know... oh!  And you must know a lot, and I mean, a LOT about the SN universe... thanks

Offline Bitten

• Space Babe
  • Administrator
  • Supreme VXer
  • Huh?
« Reply #141 on: Fri, Feb 11, 2011, 06:38 AM »
Thanks for the offer, Trick, but Silke already took care of my questions. I did send you a note about Supernatural betaing...I'd be happy to help with that, if you still need someone. :D

Offline Wifey

• Dom's Desire
  • Lurking in the shadows
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • My online portfolio
« Reply #142 on: Sat, Feb 12, 2011, 08:58 AM »
Hey Cyren if you still need someone to help Beta your Twilight fic, I would mind helping too. just either email me the google doc.

Offline trickerati0n

• Supreme VXer
  • Trust my RAGE
    • Facebook
« Reply #143 on: Sun, Feb 13, 2011, 05:16 PM »
Thanks B!!! 

Offline trickerati0n

• Supreme VXer
  • Trust my RAGE
    • Facebook
« Reply #144 on: Sat, Apr 16, 2011, 03:05 PM »
I need a beta for a Supernatural fic... anyone?!?!?  Please?? :)

Offline Mindy

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #145 on: Sat, Apr 30, 2011, 05:51 PM »
I have some dedicated writing experience since my first fic with VX Did some English 101 and writing classes.  I can help please send me a message if you need a beta reader.  :)  I will do the best i can and help give you some ideas :)  Please send me a message here on VX and i will hand ya over my E-mail!!!!!!!   :) 

Offline princess_silence

• Supreme VXer
    • Facebook
« Reply #146 on: Fri, May 20, 2011, 04:10 AM »
Have finally started writing again and would love a beta for a new little femslash fic with all original characters.. definitely no vin charries in there anywhere. Will be some m/m slash involved as well later on down the track. If anyone is interested, PM me please :)

Offline Dottyluv22

• Dom's Desire
« Reply #147 on: Wed, Jun 01, 2011, 09:16 PM »
I'm new to this so Can of you help with beta reading my fast and furious fic and helping me post it up here? I have done a drift version on fanfiction.net and really would love to put up here. Thanks {Dottyluv22}

Offline Dottyluv22

• Dom's Desire
« Reply #148 on: Sat, Aug 13, 2011, 04:30 PM »
HELLO EVERYONE!.... okay so I have been on her for maybe a year or close and FINALLY DECIDED to be a writer here since I've been only reviewing so I am look for a beta bc I have grammar issues etc and sometime have writers block so I need a special someone is willing to help I also would rather a non nazi type person bc I am not the type that does well with rough people- I guess I'm really sensitive since I am a year into public writing. I have to stories on ff.net and want them on here so if your up for the job PM me please. Thanks.

Offline Dottyluv22

• Dom's Desire
« Reply #149 on: Mon, Jan 09, 2012, 08:24 PM »
Okay I'm back asking for help since I lost yet again another BETA reader on Ff.net.i am starting to lose faith in writing bc of now my third beta flaking out on me. ANY TAKERS?!....