Author Topic: [Loki of myth] Retribution [NC-17] epilogue FIN 10/20/2014  (Read 475 times)

Offline Montgomery Burns 13

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
  • Every hero needs a formidable villain
Re: [Loki of myth] Retribution [NC-17] chapter 8 ONG 10/08/2014
« Reply #30 on: Wed, Oct 08, 2014, 10:03 AM »
You have such a vivid imagination, love it!

Offline Tiberius

• Supreme VXer
Re: [Loki of myth] Retribution [NC-17] chapter 8 ONG 10/08/2014
« Reply #31 on: Sun, Oct 12, 2014, 05:10 AM »
Great chapter! Please update soon!

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
Re: [Loki of myth] Retribution [NC-17] chapter 9 ONG 10/12/2014
« Reply #32 on: Sun, Oct 12, 2014, 06:13 AM »
9 ~~~~~~

Muspelheim was as stiflingly hot as ever, Loki thought.  Full of ash and fumes, the air choked in one’s lungs, throat closing against the poisonous atmosphere.  Fortunate for him he didn’t need his Aesir form to exist here, as any flesh not that of a fire giant would wither and blacken, the bones calcifying before becoming ash.  He persevered in his journey to the Lord of Chaos’ lair, avoiding fumaroles, open rivers of lava, vents that belched forth noxious gases, and skipping lightly over shaking, unstable ground..

Volcanoes continuing to belch forth even more ash and fumes as he drifted past, a will o’wisp on the barren plains before the king’s castle.  Even as a pure spirit of fire, the climb up to the fortress was tiring.  The redoubt had been built directly into the side of an active volcano and the unpredictable air currents surrounding the falls of lava and smoking vents made upward progress difficult.  But eventually, buffeted and driven nearly breathless by the howling winds, he managed it. 

It was quite dark in the audience chamber after all the blaze of the outside.  Even restful and the air had finally become quiet.  The atmosphere, while somewhat smoky and dim did not hide the huge figure and his bright sword that reclined on a basalt throne at the further reach of the wide cavern.  Loki flitted over the dark tiles of the floor and stood before Muspelheim’s ruler.

“Midgard is gone, oh magnificent One”, the Liesmith crooned, barely making obeisance to his supposed king.  “I have eased the way for you.  All the realms lie helpless and open as a maiden’s thighs before you, yours for the taking.”

“And the godkin?” Black Surt rumbled, frowning slightly.  Ever the insolent one, Loki smiled.

“Oh, I have seen them all settled quite comfortably... with Hela.”  He chuckled in evil glee.  “I’m sure their reunion with their parents is anything but happy.”

Surtr rumbled again, but this time it was laughter.  “Ah, Loki.  Always your silver tongue finds words to amuse me.  I am well pleased, Skytreader.  You deserve a reward for this.  Ask a boon and it shall be yours.”

Loki bowed again, his flames dipping and then growing brighter.  “No, no, my Lord.  There is no reward greater than pleasing your magnificent self.  That is all I have ever required.” 

Surtr leaned forward, knowing he was being flattered.  But, as Loki had completed the task set him so well, he decided to indulge the imp for now.  “Come, come, Liesmith.  There must be something?” 

Surtr

Loki straightened and observed the fire giant closely.  He appeared to be sincere in his offer.  “Well, there is one little thing...  More a concern than an actual request, though.” 

Surtr lifted his heavy, horned head.  It was an unspoken, but obvious, ‘aha!’  “Go on,” he waved.

“When you leave to raze the worlds, my Lord, who will watch over your home here?  Have you yet made arrangements for a steward?  Not that I believe you need worry over a possible coup, but you should have someone to take care of all the little, niggling, day to day problems, yes?  So they don’t, heh, heh... snowball?”

“Thinking ahead, Loki?  Or is it that you wish for me to name you regent?”  Surtr growled.  He never realised the Trickster only wished Surt’s second in command left behind.

“Oh, no, my Lord. That would be much too complicated a task for me!”  Loki hastened to reassure.  “But if I might, I would like to accompany you to Hel and retrieve my children before you destroy the home of the inglorious dead.” 

“That is all you desire?  The souls of your dead children?”  Surt lounged back on his rocky throne and stared at the fire God.  “I would never have taken you for the sentimental sort.”

“Sentiment has nothing to do with it!  They are mine.  I made them!  They were ripped from me before their time.  You have never known the pain of a parent seeing their child being tortured and then dying before your eyes.  I want them back!”  Loki practically screamed in sudden rage.

Even though he did not lean forward, the Lord of Chaos stiffened at the Hawk’s Child’s outburst.  Loki was serious, and angry from the sound of him.  Well, he was known for holding grudges and jealously guarding that which he considered his, so Surtr should not really have been surprised.

“Of course, of course!  This is an easy request to fulfill, Sly One.  I have no quarrel with any of them, nor with you.  You shall accompany me and we will prevail.  Your children will be returned to you as soon as possible,” Surtr soothed him, waving one huge, glowing hand. 

Realizing the other had fallen for his ploy, Loki bowed his head a third time, but only to hide his satisfied grin.  He would bow and scrape to no king ever again after this.  They would kneel to him.

His revenge against the damnable Aesir was completed as he had sworn.  The sins of the fathers had indeed been visited upon the children, as thoroughly as his own had suffered for his supposed wrongs.  Even after the end of the worlds, Ragnarok, his rage had not been satisfied.  But he knew well it was not in his nature to be.  Chaos was never static.

Offline Tiberius

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #33 on: Sun, Oct 12, 2014, 08:46 AM »
Love it! Sneaky Loki is so much fun :grin
I'm so curious if his plan to fuck over Surtr will work. Please update soon!

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
« Reply #34 on: Sun, Oct 12, 2014, 01:04 PM »
Love the pic you've chosen for Muspelheim.  Quite the fiery place. :ggrin

Surtr leaned forward, knowing he was being flattered.  But, as Loki had completed the task set him so well, he decided to indulge the imp for now.  “Come, come, Liesmith.  There must be something?”

Hehe, Loki knows how to pull the wool even over Surtr's eyes.  Not for nothing is he called Liesmith.

He would bow and scrape to no king ever again after this.  They would kneel to him.

Can't wait to see how Loki's plan's gonna work out.  Keeping my fingers crossed for him...

Who needs love when you've got a gun, who needs love to have some fun. Black Flag
Feelings are overrated. Dean Winchester

my fanfics

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: Sun, Oct 12, 2014, 01:59 PM »
 ;D  he he he.  He is a sneaky little shit.  Yeah, he has Surtr's number, alright. 

This is almost over.  Only a couple more chapters to go. 

Offline Wilde

• Dom's Desire
  • Wilde Furyan at your service =~.^=
    • Facebook
    • My Forever Furyan Facebook personal profile page
« Reply #36 on: Mon, Oct 13, 2014, 10:28 AM »
~ Wow

absolutely exquisite! and if I may say, I would Love to go out like Thurd well, maybe not in a forceful way but still xD this entire tale is magnificent and yes, very vivid~ turning up the AC as we speak cuz it hawt up in here! Thank you for another fantastic journey and I look forward to your next update Bani <3
WiLdE n free & will always be <3 =^.~=

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
Re: [Loki of myth] Retribution [NC-17] chapter 10 ONG 10/16/2014
« Reply #37 on: Thu, Oct 16, 2014, 07:39 AM »
10~~~~~~

Midgard burned, the fires of its destruction visible throughout the realms.  When the God of Chaos looked up from his throne, the sight pleased him.  Loki and his children had done well. 

Asgard was a mere dark cinder in the skies, Alfheim and Vanaheim gone as well.  His army would sweep over Svartalfheim and Nidavellir unimpeded as there was little left on either world to burn.  From there he would leave a contingent to deal with Hela under Loki’s command while he and the rest of his fire giants continued on to ruin Jotunheim. 

As they traveled, Surtr questioned the Liesmith closely.  He intended to gain as much information about the icy realm as possible; the strengths and weaknesses of the Frost Giants  in particular.  Loki, of course, told the absolute truth knowing the Fire Giant would take his words as anything but and twist the meanings into whatever he wished to believe.  That suited Loki just fine; it would put the other at a disadvantage when the time came.

Gathering his army, the Lord of Muspelheim began by opening a portal to the icy plains of Jotunheim.  When all had crossed, they would march on the palace and from there, sweep across the ice world, vaporizing everything in their path.  Melting all they touched, the horde of fire demons turned the entire world to steam and bare rock quickly.

The destruction went much faster than Surtr had expected.  There was virtually no opposition, as most of the population consisted of whatever elderly, injured or too young to fight jotnar were left.  Laughing, he turned to his generals and his fickle advisor while gloating over the easy victory.

“I am surprised, Loki.  It bothers you not at all to see the remains of your birth kin annihilated?”

The green-eyed pillar of flame that was the current Aspect of the god hissed.  “I was never particularly fond of that form anyway,” he shook his head, grinning maniacally.  Loki gathered close those he knew were loyal to him first and Surtr second.  He would follow the black God of Chaos through the portal to Hel.

Now it was Niflheim’s turn.  Left for last, they marched across the cold, darkly misted world to Helheim and the Queen of the Dead.  Loki rode at his side, still giving information that was supposed to help, but was really meant to confuse his true purpose and lull Surtr into a sense of complacency.

Surtr wasted no time upon their arrival.  Sending squadrons of fire elementals and djinns led by his giants in various directions, he planned on subduing any resistance quickly.  Divide and conquer was his plan.  Or so he thought, having listened to Loki’s advice perhaps a bit too eagerly. 

It spread his own forces out over the barren plains, searching for souls to devour and weakening his defenses.  Just as the Liesmith had envisioned for the confrontation with the Queen of the Dead, the goddess Hela, his sweet daughter. 

Having ridden out to met the invaders, Hela met them with her guardian, Garm, at her side.  The huge dog slavered and growled in warning.  His huge head did come up and he sniffed loudly, sensing someone he knew well.  But with all the strangers accompanying the family one, he refused to calm, remaining on alert with his fangs exposed and dripping.

Loki slid off his fiery mount and went to one knee before the great beast.  “What troubles you, my friend?  Surely you remember me?  It has not been all that long since we raced the plains together.”  Holding out a now solid hand for Garm to sniff, he smiled and patted the creature’s head. 

When the guard dog wagged his tail and whined, the Trickster grinned.  “I told you I would return, did I not?  When have I ever lied to you, boy?” 

“Why have you come back, Father?”  Hela’s quiet question broke the moment.  “And with an army behind you?  Do you know what this one’s minions are doing even as we speak?”  She stared calmly at her father as he stood, his hand remaining on Garm’s massive brow. 

“I do, my sweet child.  But there is no changing it.  I wish only for you and your brothers to join with me.  Lord Surtr has assured me he will allow all our family to be together again,”  Loki pleaded with Hela.  Trying to convey his longing with his eyes and body, he lifted his free hand in supplication toward her.  Hoping against hope that she would simply reach out and take it. 

“I am not so sure that would be wise, Father.  Your influence has not been the best, in the past.  My brothers have been content here with me.  Happy, even.  And we are all together, free here and at peace.”  Hela glanced aside at the Lord of Chaos.  “He wishes to end that, for all my people.  I am not pleased.”

Growling softly, Surtr stepped forward.  Much taller than the Queen, he leaned threateningly over her.  “And just how do you intend on preventing me from taking what I wish, little goddess?  I will have whatever I want from you.”  Lifting his fiery blade, Surtr grinned.  “I have only waited because I promised your father a boon.  If you refuse his offer, you are mine.”

Instantly enraged, Loki snarled and lunged at Surtr.  Instinctively, he used the one magic in his possession that would cause the fire Jotun the most damage.  A jagged spear of blue ice formed over his fist and he plunged it unhesitatingly into the demon’s back. 

Impaled through the heart, Surtr gasped and turned unbelieving, agony filled eyes back to his faithless lieutenant.  “You... ”  he gurgled.  Flames flickering, guttering out with his life’s blood, the giant fell.  Vision darkening, he lasted just long enough to see Loki smile in satisfaction.

Leaning over the fallen giant, Loki hissed, “No one ever threatens my children and lives.”  He straightened and turned back to his shocked daughter.  “Will you come, my love?  I must  finish this and I would have my family with me.  You are all my very reason for existence and always have been.  I have worked so hard and so long that we might be together again.  Please, Hela.”

“Oh... Father!”  Hela gasped in surprise.  A little thrill of stunned pleasure rippled through her.  She had not expected Loki to protect her so fiercely.  He had just slain one of the most powerful beings in all of the realms with no more thought than stepping on a pernicious insect. 

“You killed him... your Lord, for me?”  She raised shining eyes to his face.

“Not my Lord.  I am owned by no one, child.  I never have been.  I only allowed such to believe as they wished for my own purposes.”  He grinned at her.  “I am Chaos, daughter.  To cleave to me is to court the Wildfire.  I cannot be tamed or controlled.” 

Loki glanced behind Hela where her siblings had gathered.  “Would you be free, my children?  Truly free?  We will travel the cosmos together, divining all its secrets and reveling in its unfettered energies.  All of us, together for all eternity.”

Hela bowed her dark head.  “It will be as each wishes, Father.  I give them the choice.”

Loki threw back his head, arms open wide and crowed in triumph.  It was finally over.

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
« Reply #38 on: Thu, Oct 16, 2014, 10:31 AM »
Asgard was a mere dark cinder in the skies, Alfheim and Vanaheim gone as well.  His army would sweep over Svartalfheim and Nidavellir unimpeded as there was little left on either world to burn.

Wow, what a tremendous destruction of every known realm.  Loki really has no love left for anybody except his family.

Instantly enraged, Loki snarled and lunged at Surtr.  Instinctively, he used the one magic in his possession that would cause the fire Jotun the most damage.  A jagged spear of blue ice formed over his fist and he plunged it unhesitatingly into the demon’s back.

Hehe. :ggrin So that was Loki's plan?  To kill Surtr?  Not bad.  I was actually wondering how Loki would get rid of, or at least away from Surtr.  I hadn't foreseen that Loki could kill him so easily.  Nice.

Love it.

Who needs love when you've got a gun, who needs love to have some fun. Black Flag

my fanfics

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: Thu, Oct 16, 2014, 01:26 PM »
 ;D  thanks, luv.

Offline Wilde

• Dom's Desire
    • Facebook
« Reply #40 on: Thu, Oct 16, 2014, 06:03 PM »
another fantastic chapter <3 He certainly does Love his Children it seems :)

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
Re: [Loki of myth] Retribution [NC-17] epilogue FIN 10/20/2014
« Reply #41 on: Mon, Oct 20, 2014, 06:44 AM »
epilogue

“Come, my darlings.  Join with me and I will show you wonders,” Loki cooed to the shades of his dead sons.  Your sisters are here as well.  I promise, we will never be separated again.”  The love evident in his trembling voice and his joy at being reunited with all his children shone in his face and in the tears that fell from his brilliant green eyes.

Fenrir was the first to accept, the great wolf bounding up to Loki’s kneeling form and thrusting his huge head against the God’s chest.  Loki roughhoused with him for a minute and Fenrir lay down.  Then his twins, Sigyn’s sons, Narvi and Vali approached.  Both shades knelt and Vali sobbed while his brother merely trembled.  “I am so sorry Father!”

“You have nothing to be sorry for, my child.  Neither of you have done me any wrong.  What befell us in the past was caused by others’ anger and cruelty.  Come, my loves.  Let your father hug his boys.”  Loki smiled and opened his arms wider. 

Both shades lunged forward, so relieved their father held no enmity toward them.  The god smiled softly and lowered his lids as his arms closed around his children.  Their insubstantial forms shimmered and merged into him. 

As it happened, Loki heard the near silent approach of his other son.  Curled up at Loki’s hip, Fenrir gave a quiet snuffle and then woofed happily.  His closest brother had finally arrived. 

The huge world serpent, Jormungandr coiled himself around the wolf and his still kneeling father, flicking out his long, black tongue to tickle Fenrir’s ear and Loki’s throat.  Loki put out a hand to each and as they touched, they also merged with their sire. 

Now, there were only two left.  Loki stood and turned to Hela, where she sat, still astride the great, eight-legged war horse.  Sleipnir bobbed his great head and snorted impatiently.  Pawing the ashy ground with one forehoof, his let let his sister know he would wait no longer. 

The Queen of the Dead slid lithely to the ground, a hand still in her brother’s mane.  He shook his head again and she released him with a smile and a fond pat.  “Go on then, since you are so impatient, little brother.”  Both she and Loki chuckled at the diminutive goddess calling Sleipnir ‘little’.  The horse towered over both of them. 

With a happy whinny and quiet whuffle of blown air, Sleipnir lowered his great head for his father’s gentle touch.  Loki scratched him around the ears and just over his eye ridges as he’d done when his son was just a gangly colt.  Another soft puff of exhaled air blew the god’s ginger locks about his face and then Sleipnir nudged him.  He was impatient. 

With a trembling sigh, Loki wrapped his arms around the heavy, muscled neck and took his son in.  Now only Hela was left.  Opening his eyes to his daughter, Loki’s joy filled face fell.  “You do not seem pleased, sweet Hela.  What troubles you, child?”  His voice was soft, a  pleading expression on his handsome face.

“I am not sure I want this, Father.  I don’t think I’m ready to give up all that I am,” she sighed, frowning a bit.

“You would rather remain here, alone, unloved?” he answered with more than a hint of pain, pleading.  “You need never be alone again, sweet girl.  We can all be together, always.  Go anywhere we wish.  Be anything we wish.” 

Hela lowered her gaze from her father’s face.  As angry as he had made her at times, she could never resist those tortured eyes.  She sighed; it made sense, actually. 

There would be no reason to stay behind if nothing remained.  She would miss her siblings.  And perhaps she could gain some closeness with her sire, learn what drove him, understand him better.  She finally nodded.  “Alright, Father.  I will join you.”

Loki actually let out a small sound as he lifted teary eyes to his youngest daughter.  It might have even been possible to interpret it as a sob.  But the expression on his face was one of unadulterated joy.  The God of Mischief had finally found happiness.  He had beaten the Fates at their own game; Ragnarok would never come again and he had all of the Cosmos to celebrate it in.

FINI

eyktar - (an eykt), length of time equal to one eighth of a solar day or approx 3 hours.
Hoenir -  god of silence, a friend to Loki, given to the Vanir as hostage after the war
Loki - god of Air, Fire and Mischief, part Aesir/part Jotunn
Magni - Thorson, god of strength, name means moon
Modi - Thorson, god of berserkers, name means angry
Narfi & Vali - Loki’s sons by Sigyn
Surtr - Lord of Chaos, ruler of Muspelheim, fire giant
Thrud - Thorsdottir, goddess of strength
Vidarr - Odin’s son by Grior, god of vengeance, silence and forests. killer of Fenris
both survive to live on the field where Asgard stood, what’s left of Valhalla.

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
« Reply #42 on: Mon, Oct 20, 2014, 10:35 AM »
It's nice to see that for a change it's Loki who gets the happy ending. :)

Great story, love it!  Thank you for posting it here.

I have a question though: how come that Narvi and Vali are but ghosts, whereas Loki's other children still have their true form?  I thought they'd all been killed (except Hel and maybe Sleipnir) either before or during Ragnarok?

my fanfics

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: Tue, Oct 21, 2014, 07:52 AM »
They are all shades, Monty.  The only one still 'living' is Hela.  The monstrous children only seem more substantial because they hold more of Loki's magic in their veins than the two children of Sigyn.

I have always found the story of Ragnarok fascinating.  It seems a good parallel to the physics theory of a steady-state universe; one that expands and contracts in cycles.  But eventually all things, including time and space, must succumb to entropy.  Thus my Loki finally finding a way to break the cycle.

Who knows, though?  Maybe he will grow bored and create again.

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
« Reply #44 on: Tue, Oct 21, 2014, 09:59 AM »
Maybe he will grow bored and create again.

Haha, I'm pretty sure he'll grow bored eventually.  Sooner or later he'll think up some deliciously devious plan.  It's not for nothing that he's known as the god of mischief...

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
« Reply #45 on: Wed, Oct 22, 2014, 06:43 AM »
 ;D  Lol, Monty.  I certainly hope so.  Life would be so dull without a little mischief, don't you think?

Offline Wilde

• Dom's Desire
    • Facebook
« Reply #46 on: Wed, Oct 22, 2014, 06:51 PM »
Loki, finally happy. With his children and this is a beautiful thing. I do believe that this is a sincere happiness and from Loki, that is impressive~ (not downplaying all of the ones who had to suffer and die, for Loki to "be" happy, but still) To be united with ones Children and Retribution, wonderful story once again Bani. I Love your abilities!

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
« Reply #47 on: Thu, Oct 23, 2014, 05:44 AM »
 :-*  thanks, sweetie.  Your enjoyment of my scribbles makes my day.

Offline Tiberius

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #48 on: Sat, Oct 25, 2014, 11:47 PM »
Excellent story! I really enjoyed reading it. Love the ending and how Loki's plan worked just perfectly.

Who knows, though?  Maybe he will grow bored and create again.

I'm pretty sure he will get bored eventually.
« Last Edit: Sun, Oct 26, 2014, 12:27 AM by Tiberius »