Author Topic: [Blade/Loki] Alternatives [NC-17] FIN - 09,07,2014  (Read 328 times)

Offline Tiberius

• Supreme VXer
Re: [Blade/Loki] Alternatives [NC-17] ONG - 08,19,2014
« Reply #30 on: Wed, Aug 20, 2014, 10:54 AM »
Thank you!
I'm happy you're liking this. :hugs

The next chapter might take a few days, it's mostly a bunch of chaotic notes so far :grin

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: Wed, Aug 20, 2014, 08:08 PM »
 :D  curiouser and curiouser.  I'm liking this a lot.  They're still dancing around each other.

Offline Tiberius

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #32 on: Thu, Aug 21, 2014, 01:10 AM »
Will they ever stop? :grin I don't think Loki might want to get fully truthful, and Blade has things and plans he doesn't want to tell, too.

I'm happy you like my Loki ;D

Offline Tiberius

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #33 on: Thu, Aug 21, 2014, 04:58 PM »
Blade was pretty sure Loki hadn't told him everything about how he'd gotten to Earth or that even the parts he'd told were true. He felt there was something else to it.
Yet Blade accepted.
It was the only way he would find out more. And since Loki would be spending some time on earth, it was always better if he stayed with him instead of some suckheads getting their claws into him.

In the coming days, Loki found he was actually enjoying himself. He had turned down Blade's offer of a firearm, instead using one or two small silver daggers. It was easy to transform the weapons to argentum and for a moment it reminded him how he'd once transformed stones and dirt into gold in front of the eyes of primitive humans centuries ago. After that, mankind had turned large efforts into achieving the same, even created the art of alchemy which mostly concentrated on it. An excellent joke. It was still funny after all this time.
The use of daggers also gave him the chance to gently tease Blade with his magic. He knew it unnerved Blade every time he just let them appear out of thin air. Which he actually didn't do, he invisibly kept them hidden on himself instead from teleporting them in from that irregular tiny dimension he used for storage of objects.

Killing vampires might have been even more fun if they mistook him for a human and tried to prey on him. Sadly it wouldn't happen with the creatures' elaborate sense of smell. Creating a convincing illusion of a human was out of question, he didn't wanted Blade to know he could do that.
At least he was already getting other ideas how he could have a little fun with the creatures before he killed them.

Loki learned that Blade truly longed for blood, yet refused to indulge this desire. Instead he injected himself with something he called 'serum', a blood replacement. Loki didn't fully understand his reasoning for this, but thought it wise not to question him in depth about that. He knew Blade considered it unethical to bite and kill humans, but they were such unimportant, useless beings that Loki couldn't see the sense in this.

Besides the killing he enjoyed Blade's company.
The man was a warrior, but so unlike Thor and the other Aesir.
Calm, controlled, calculating and smart. His self control and intelligence were attributes that appealed to Loki. He didn't have to feign much of his reactions when it came to Blade.

Soon Loki got the chance to do some research. He read about vampires. Humans seemed to be quite interested in them, but only as an element of fiction. A Daywalker wasn't even mentioned anywhere. He wouldn't find any better information than what Blade could give him here.
The human's vast stupidity was truly amusing.
Also he read about himself.
God of Mischief, Fire and Lies. Son of Farbauti and Laufey. Blood brother of Odin. Bringer of Ragnarök. Father of Jörmungandr, Fenrir and Hela. Mother of Sleipnir.
Not all accurate, but true enough.
His research proved his earlier assumption that the connection between both Midgards was a thing of the distant past.

So this realm was truly a good place to hide. He thought of past times, when he'd once spent eight years on Midgard in the disguise of a woman and other occasions. This time he would avoid the disastrous ending such happenings seemed to have.
His plan was already firm in his mind. When enough time had passed, he'd return to Asgard and take the throne. In case an untimely confrontation with Thor or worse on Midgard preceded those events, he would win Blade as an ally to help him with that.

"How much of those legends is true?" Blade came to look over his shoulder at the computer screen.

Loki halfway turned around and looked up at him.
"Well, I'm here and not bound with my son's entrails until Ragnarök. So at least some of the myths can't be true ... But then I told you of Jörmungandr's existence, and yes, he's truly the Midgard serpent." Loki grinned.

"I'd hoped you would like to share more information on this."

"Ask me later. There will be moments when I'll feel inclined to do so."

"How does your magic work?"

"That's a question for much later. Or would you like me to ask you how comes you're the Daywalker?"

"Can you shapeshift?"

"No."

"Mythology says otherwise."

"Then it's not true."

"You're lying to me," Blade stated, obviously referring to more than just this conversation.

Loki smiled innocently.
"Well, you're lying to me, too. So let's just accept it as a fact of our joining. For now, there's something more interesting I would like to show you when we go hunting this night."

Hours later, Blade grinned as the vampires' guns turned into snakes with a green glow.

"I told you it's going to be fun."

And Loki had even better ideas for the coming nights.

Soon he especially enjoyed to observe the vampires and their human servants, the familiars, and then strategically hide items such as drugs, money or weapons and watch the ensuing quarrels, fights and deaths.

As the weeks went by, Loki found this stay on Midgard more and more pleasant. 
It was liberating in a way he hadn't thought possible before. The torments of his past and his hate for Thor and Odin didn't overwhelm his entire being anymore, but existed on a level that left room for things besides pain.
Here was no monstrous frostgiant, no fallen prince, no future king in everything he did.

It was a simple life Loki enjoyed intensely.
Sleep, kill vampires, watch Blade train, sex, eat delicious food, read about history and science.
Oh, the sex ... Blade pleased him so very well. A man strong enough to fuck him roughly and deliciously, but no mindless barbarian brute like the Aesir.

Loki sank down, bedding his head on the pillow.
"So tell me something," he asked Blade who laid next to him.
"You're better than them, you're the top of evolution on this world. Don't you want to rule them? Reign over vampires and humans?"

"No."

Loki found he didn't understand, but also thought he might like to understand.

« Last Edit: Fri, Aug 22, 2014, 08:42 AM by Tiberius »

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
Re: [Blade/Loki] Alternatives [NC-17] ONG - 08,22,2014
« Reply #34 on: Fri, Aug 22, 2014, 06:14 AM »
So Loki's settling in, huh?  Getting comfortable with Blade and all. 
Why do I have a feeling the honeymoon isn't going to last?

Offline Montgomery Burns 13

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
  • Every hero needs a formidable villain
« Reply #35 on: Fri, Aug 22, 2014, 12:27 PM »
Quote from: Tiberius
"You're better than them, you're the top of evolution on this world. Don't you want to rule them? Reign over vampires and humans?"

Looks like Loki still has to learn quite a bit about Blade.

Quote from: ban sidhe
Why do I have a feeling the honeymoon isn't going to last?

Hehe, I have the same feeling. :giggle

I wonder how long it's gonna take till they're on to each other.

Who needs love when you've got a gun, who needs love to have some fun. Black Flag
Feelings are overrated. Dean Winchester

my fanfics

Offline Tiberius

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #36 on: Fri, Aug 22, 2014, 12:53 PM »
You both might be right with that  >:D

Loki seems not to be made for lasting happiness ...? But he might get to have some of it.

Looks like Loki still has to learn quite a bit about Blade.

Oh, yes ... Not wanting to rule is totally foreign to Loki. But at last he seems to be interested to understand Blade.
« Last Edit: Fri, Aug 22, 2014, 12:55 PM by Tiberius »

Offline Tiberius

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #37 on: Sun, Aug 24, 2014, 11:05 PM »
Over time, as the weeks went by and spring came, Blade explained more of the vampire world to Loki, considering it safe to share this information. He was sure by now that Loki was no danger associated with vampires.
Just a Norse god who had the hots for him ... Very much so ...
He twisted his right hand into Loki's hair and thrust faster into is wet, cool mouth, enjoying the perverse pleasure of the god's low body temperature a lot more than he should.

Later he thought, that he could, hell maybe even should, kick Loki out, since he needed no one distracting him, but found that he didn't wanted to.
Blade felt better than in a long time. He was enjoying the company beyond the sexual pleasures that came with it, even though he hadn't thought it possible. Sex had rarely interested him before, now he actually longed for it. Occasionally he had to struggle with the thirst, with the need to bite Loki and suck his blood, but it was manageable.
The immense pain of Whistler's loss was lessening for the first time in two years, and it didn't feel wrong.

Content to lay close to Loki, their bodies touching everywhere, he fell asleep.

@@@

"Loki." His mother's gentle voice pulled him from his fretting thoughts as he stood by the window and watched Thor outside. Thor who trained with his mighty hammer, instructed by their Father.
Mjölnir. Odin had given it to Thor two weeks ago on his twentieth birthday. To Thor. Not to Loki. Like everything Odin did was always about Thor and never about Loki.

Loki turned away and followed his mother into the cool dimness of her chambers. The servants' gazes flickered over him as they walked through the vast palace. He could almost hear their thoughts of how the young prince spend all his time learning women's arts from his mother instead of training and fighting like his brother.

Frigga placed her hand on his arm and walked at his side.
"Your father loves you, but he doesn't always show it in the best way."

Loki couldn't think of anything but a caustic answer, so he remained silent.

The Einherjar guarding the door, opened it for them and closed it after they had entered.
Loki immediately noticed the sword on the table by the fire bowl. His Mother's golden sword, Laevateinn.

Frigga picked it up with both hands and held it out to Loki.
"From now on, you will hold Laevateinn, my son."

"Mother, you can not ..."

"It is yours, Loki." She smiled encouragingly. "Take Laevateinn."

Mine ...
Loki gripped the handle and gasped at the power that rushed through him. He laid his left hand on the blade.

"Laevateinn's strength is immense in the hand of an adept sorcerer. It gives you the power of life and death. Use it wisely."
Frigga placed her hands on Loki's. Her power flowed into him, bathing them in a golden gleam.
"Laevateinn is not only sword, but also magical staff. Your magic will tell you how to use it."

"Does Father approve?" Loki asked even though he thought he already knew the answer.

"This is between the Allmother and her son."

This made Loki love Laevateinn even more.

Proudly he carried the golden sword. He didn't long for Mjölnir anymore for he had earned himself something much better ...

Loki opened his eyes. And saw the familiar ceiling of their bedroom. The curtains were closed to keep out the daylight. He turned his head to look at the clock on the nightstand. 10:57 a.m. The covers felt constricting and too hot. He kicked them off.
Blade stirred next to him, but didn't fully wake up. The movements were too familiar to register as danger.

Loki's thoughts swirled around Frigga who'd taught him so much.
Seidhr on from when he had been a small child. How to fight with swift, precise daggers when he had turned old enough. Art. Philosophy. Strategy.
Now she must think him dead and mourn for him. He hated causing her such grief.

And they swirled around Laevateinn. From glorious victories to painful memories of how the warriors still hadn't accepted him, their whispers of ergi because he used seidhr in battle, he drifted back to sleep.

Surrounded by enemies, the Asgardian warriors were falling.
In the middle of the battlefield, Loki raised Laevateinn.
He called upon Yggdrasil's primordial magic and unleashed fire upon the giants. Vast destruction, more powerful than anything he had ever done before. Like the force that had created universe itself.
The firestorm wiped Asgard's enemies away, as ash they fell on the burned ground.

Suddenly Odin rode down from the sky on Sleipnir, roaring in rage.
A blast from Gungnir took Loki down.

"You are unworthy of such power!" Odin roared.

He dragged Loki with him back on the Bifröst where Heimdall stood. Tears of shame and desperation ran over Loki's face.
"Please, no, father ... What I have done wrong?"

"You never will be worthy. You never will carry Laevateinn again!"
Odin ripped Laevateinn from Loki's hands and tossed it from the Bifröst, away into the depths of space.

Loki screamed.

Odin stormed away to unleash the last of his rage on Frigga for what she had done when she had given Laevateinn to Loki.

Loki jerked awake, a scream tearing from his lips.
Blade's touch on his shoulder nearly went unnoticed as he struggled to free himself from the pull of the intensely realistic dream.

Earlier he hadn't truly hated Odin for taking away what was his.
He had wanted to gain forgiveness and acceptance.
Oh, how things had changed recently.
Now he hated Odin and wanted him dead.
That was the way he would eventually take his throne, over Odin's dead body.

Closing his eyes, he felt a sudden calmness. As he opened them again, he looked into Blade's concerned ones.
Loki laid back down, pulling Blade with him.

"Your mythology says I'm either Aesir or Jotun or both. In a way it is not far from the truth. I'm not Aesir, but a monstrous Frostgiant. Odin stole me from my true father and hid my true identity. With that he took away what is mine and lied to me my whole life. My birthright is the Throne of Jotunheim, but he ensured I would never have it when he raised me as his son and stole the casket of ancient winters from Laufey. I did everything to win Odin's appreciation, I even gave Sleipnir to him, but it was never enough. Of course he never even considered to give the Throne of Asgard to me. Instead he will give it to my stupid brother Thor. I was always just a little plaything for Thor, despised by the whole of Asgard. They call me witch, whisper mare and ergi behind my back. Once I killed an idiot who'd said it into my face in Holmgang, and it didn't change anything. They hated me for causing his death. After that, I got my revenge in different ways."

Blade felt this was the truth. How very interesting. And different from the mythology. Maybe Loki would even tell him how he'd truly ended up on Earth. It would be different from his original story.

"Midgardian's tale of Mjölnir isn't accurate, though I love the credit they give me with it," Loki continued. "It wasn't forged by dwarves on my doing, but created within a dying star by Odin himself for the son he was going to have, ages before Thor's birth. An ancient powerful weapon, it was long kept in Asgard's weapon's vault. Odin showed it to us when we were still boys, saying we both had the chance to earn it. He lied. It was always only intended for Thor."

@@@@

Author's note:
Mjölnir was seen in the weapon's vault when Odin showed it to young Thor and Loki, so I figured the original tale of how Loki got Mjölnir and other presents for the gods couldn't apply to the movie version.
Laevateinn exists in Norse mythology, but I made up almost everything about it for this story. So it's not at all mythologically accurate.
« Last Edit: Mon, Aug 25, 2014, 07:44 AM by Tiberius »

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
Re: [Blade/Loki] Alternatives [NC-17] ONG - 08,25,2014
« Reply #38 on: Mon, Aug 25, 2014, 10:41 AM »
Love your depiction of Loki's nightmare.  Interesting story about Laevateinn, and how Odin threw it into the abyss because he thought Loki was not worthy.

So Loki believes that Odin stole him from the frost giants?  Interesting.  In the movie, Loki's father abandoned little Loki when he was still a little baby, because he was too small, and then Odin found him.  But it makes sense that Loki, in his hate for Odin, believes that Odin stole him; and I'm sure that to Loki, it doesn't really matter which version is true.

Love the update.
Who needs love when you've got a gun, who needs love to have some fun. Black Flag

my fanfics

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: Mon, Aug 25, 2014, 03:05 PM »
Actually there is some evidence that the blade Laevateinn did belong to Loki in mythology, so your making it his is perfectly reasonable.  In old Norse, the name means damaging twig or wounding wand and is pronounced LAY - wah - tain.
The idea is not really developed well in the movies that Loki is a 'mommas boy'  but it is still apparent.  It would be just one more reason for the fierce, war-loving Aesir to look down on him.  The nightmare is so plausible it isn't funny. 
Excellent chapter!

Offline Tiberius

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #40 on: Tue, Aug 26, 2014, 03:07 AM »
Love your depiction of Loki's nightmare.  Interesting story about Laevateinn, and how Odin threw it into the abyss because he thought Loki was not worthy.

Odin didn't tell all reasons he had. He also fears Loki when he has something that enables him to mass destruction so easily. Odin wants Thor to be the more powerful of his sons, but that was about to change when Loki had Laevateinn.

So Loki believes that Odin stole him from the frost giants?  Interesting.  In the movie, Loki's father abandoned little Loki when he was still a little baby, because he was too small, and then Odin found him.  But it makes sense that Loki, in his hate for Odin, believes that Odin stole him; and I'm sure that to Loki, it doesn't really matter which version is true.

Love the update.

It is what Loki chooses to believe.

Actually there is some evidence that the blade Laevateinn did belong to Loki in mythology, so your making it his is perfectly reasonable.  In old Norse, the name means damaging twig or wounding wand and is pronounced LAY - wah - tain.

That's why I picked Laevateinn. I wanted a weapon that's associated in mythology with Loki. I've read the twig could refer to the twig that Hödur killed Balder with or that it means that Laevateinn wasn't so much a sword, but more a magical staff. Latter also makes it quite fitting for this story. Of course I made it up that Frigga gave it to him.

The idea is not really developed well in the movies that Loki is a 'mommas boy'  but it is still apparent.  It would be just one more reason for the fierce, war-loving Aesir to look down on him.  The nightmare is so plausible it isn't funny. 
Excellent chapter!

He's for sure sort of a mommas boy.
There's a deleted scene from Thor 2, where it is said that Loki learned sorcery from Frigga. Usually I don't use deleted scenes for my stories, but this time I thought it fitting.
Also his bisexuality (which is assumed for this story) would make the Aesir look down on him.
« Last Edit: Tue, Aug 26, 2014, 10:54 AM by Tiberius »

Offline Tiberius

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #41 on: Tue, Aug 26, 2014, 03:17 PM »
Only a short one today, I'm considering whether or not I want to really use a plot thread I had planned. It might take a few days, so I figured you might enjoy a little chapter to shorten the waiting time.

@@@

So he isn't blood brother to Odin, but his adoptive son and brother of Thor, Blade thought. Amazing that mythology had gotten this wrong while the tale of the Midgard serpent was true.
Loki's jealousy of Thor was obvious. Blade would've betted the way Loki had ended up on Earth had to do something with a conflict between the two or three of them.

Loki didn't tell any more, but, to Blade's surprise, kissed him and then went down on him. Blade guessed he wanted distraction from his nightmare.

Afterwards, when they'd gotten up, Blade looked up the ergi thing and holmgang. He vaguely remembered that he'd read the words before.

He understood what the mare reference meant. Loki had shapeshifted into a mare to distract the wall builder's stallion and later given birth to the magical horse Sleipnir.
So that story was actually true, too. He'd thought that one was bullshit.

Ergi was a grave insult, denoting effeminacy and unmanly, cowardly behavior. Among other, practice of seidhr by a man, being a female animal and male homosexuality, especially the passive role, were considered argr.
All things which applied to Loki.

To accuse another man of being argr was called scolding, and thus a legal reason to challenge the accuser in holmgang, a sort of duel.
Of course that were descriptions of Norse society concepts, not actually Asgard. But assuming that Asgard had heavily influenced Norse society, the basic concepts would be similar at least and describe a strong adherence to gender roles and homophobia.

Growing up and living in such a society as a man who used sorcery and enjoyed gay sex must be difficult.
Loki clearly preferred bottoming, which did go together well with Blade's desires. Only once in a while they both wanted to switch roles.

Blade could only imagine how hard it must be to daily face homophobia. He'd never experienced discrimination because of his sexual orientation, he knew that was because he rarely mingled with humans, vampires were out of question as sex partners and he'd been seldom interested in sex anyway and on even rarer occasions sought out men for sex.
But he knew racism and general rejection from when he'd been a freaky child in foster care. So could relate to Loki's pain.

During the following days, Loki was brooding. Since that nightmare something was obviously on his mind. Blade was curious, but Loki refused to talk about it.

Loki wondered where suddenly the dreams of Laevateinn had come from. He hadn't experienced such in centuries. Newer torments had claimed his attention. But now Laevateinn occupied his thoughts with such an intensity that he was beginning to consider if that was because Laevateinn was here on this alternative Midgard. It was possible, after all Odin had just tossed it into space.

« Last Edit: Tue, Aug 26, 2014, 03:23 PM by Tiberius »

Offline Tiberius

• Supreme VXer
Re: [Blade/Loki] Alternatives [NC-17] ONG - 08,27,2014
« Reply #42 on: Thu, Aug 28, 2014, 09:24 AM »
As Blade was meditating, Loki laid on the couch. He gradually settled into a deep trance, widening his mind, connecting with Yggdrasil's magic.
For long, there was nothing.
He reached out farther and farther, beyond the point where it was getting dangerous.

Finally, a faint whisper of Laevateinn flickered through the vastness.
But he couldn't reach, couldn't locate it.
Yggdrasil's power was pulling him in, consuming him.
With difficulty, he tore free.

He felt his body again, but couldn't move. Fighting the trance, he managed to open his eyes.

"What did you do? You stopped breathing!" he heard Blade's voice like through a heavy fog. Loki liked how concerned Blade sounded.

"I was searching for something long lost," Loki finally answered when he'd himself under enough control to speak. He turned his head to look at Blade.

"How?" Blade asked to cover how worried he'd been.

"Magical trance. The humans call a remotely similar, less effective technique astral projection."
Loki sighed. He would have to find Laevateinn in another way.

The next day, he had formulated a plan and started his research. Odin had taken Laevateinn in 747 AD and laid a spell on it to prevent Loki from locating it.
It was a difficult task to search Midgard's mythology, religion and history for mentions of mystic, indestructible swords. It meant spending several hours on most days in the university library. With his prior casual studies of human sciences he had often brought 'borrowed' books home or relied on publications that were available online.
Which meant he had to tell Blade what he was doing there. So he did. The truth, since everything else would backfire should he need Blade's help at some point.
How the Allmother had given him Laevateinn and Odin eventually took it away, even though it was unjustified. And how he now thought Laevateinn was somewhere on Earth. Blade was curious and seemed to understand his desire to find Laevateinn. He easily accepted Loki's excursions to the libraries.

Their company stayed enjoyable to both of them. They shared exquisite pleasures and growing trust into each other.

Blade told him things about himself. He considered it tactically wise to show Loki his growing trust this way and offer a reward for that Loki had lied less lately.
He kept to himself that his human mother had been bitten by Frost while she'd been pregnant with him, that was something the suckheads didn't know and would remain a well-kept secret.
He talked about Whistler, told harmless stories of past times. Sometimes it was painful, but more often he enjoyed it.
He knew Loki was curious about him as the Daywalker, but Blade was still reluctant to tell much, so he just shared what Loki already knew, that he was stronger and faster than most vampires, and added the new info, that blood instantly healed him while the vampires needed a day or two to recover from injuries.

After a few weeks, in a publication about medieval Christian eschatology, Loki came across a mention of a great battle with hell's forces in which the demons had conquered the sword of Evil.
He thought he understood what that meant and was pleased with his foresight not to lie to Blade about Laevateinn.

Later that day, sated and content after Blade had tossed him on the table and given him a hard fuck, he asked, "Is there a way to get information about the history and mythology of the Vampire Nation?"

« Last Edit: Thu, Aug 28, 2014, 10:46 PM by Tiberius »

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
Re: [Blade/Loki] Alternatives [NC-17] ONG - 08,28,2014
« Reply #43 on: Thu, Aug 28, 2014, 11:53 AM »
Interesting update!  So the vampires have Loki's magical sword?  Fascinating...

my fanfics

Offline Tiberius

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #44 on: Thu, Aug 28, 2014, 10:28 PM »
Yes :grin

Offline Tiberius

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #45 on: Sat, Aug 30, 2014, 04:05 AM »

"Why?" Blade asked even though he could guess well enough.

"It seems the vampires got hold of Laevateinn."

They moved to bed and laid down.

"Tell me why that's so bad."

Loki decided to play along.
"They can't use its magic, but it's still an indestructible weapon in the hands of your enemies," he said.
"Also the time might come, when Midgard's science has evolved far enough to use Laevateinn as an source or catalyst of energy. Believe me, that's not something you would ever want."

"Then why would I want you to get the sword back if it's so dangerous?"

Loki suppressed his rising anger. Blade was no mere mortal, but a powerful creature that needed to be respected and treated accordingly.
"It is only dangerous in the hands of those who temper with it, yet don't know how to use it. Laevateinn is destined to be wielded by me. Magic is required to control it, no technology can ever be as adequate. Should they ever try to use Laevateinn to stabilize nuclear fusion, one of its more obvious uses, a quantum singularity will be created. Uncontrollable by mortal technology, though, the quantum singularity will grow and destroy Earth. It will absorb all surrounding matter until the whole planet is gone. How long until science is ready for that? Fifty years? Maybe a hundred?"
Loki snuggled up against Blade, a gesture totally contrary to the horror scenario he'd just described.
"Ragnarök is nonsense. People seem to love tales and prophecies of doomsday. I don't want to bring on Ragnarök." Yet, Loki thought. "I want to be King, and I can't achieve that if I destroy everything."

"Tell me what exactly you want to know. Maybe I can get you the information."

"Let me see the writings ..."

"That's not how it works," Blade interrupted him.

"I promise I'll never use Laevateinn to bring harm upon your Midgard."

"I trust you with your promise and you trust me with getting you the information you want."

Not what Loki wanted to hear, but he knew he had to accept or his only chance at getting Laevateinn back would be lost.
"There's some Christian mystic note about a 'great battle with hell's forces in which the demons had conquered the sword of Evil'. The rest of all this mysticism is mortal nonsense fueled by that ridiculous monotheistic miscreed, but I'm sure that refers to Laevateinn. The demons are vampires, of course."

"Do you have a year for that?"

"Tenth century, middle Europe."

"I'll be away for some time. You stay in Tokyo and don't fuck up anything. You won't turn invisible and try to follow me and do that teleportation thing of yours."

Loki didn't show his scare and astonishment at that. How did Blade even know? He had always been careful, never teleported or done extensive magic in front of him.

Blade was concerned enough by Loki's tale that he wanted to find out more. He couldn't just leave something like Loki's sword in the hands of the suckheads. Whether or not he would return it to Loki, he would decide once he had found a hint to its whereabouts.

Whistler and he had taken what data, books and ancient scripts they could from Damaskinos' residence before blowing the whole place up. Two years before that, Blade had not only taken money from Frost, but also the digital images and translation of the book of Erebus. It was useless for this, too old, written centuries before Loki's sword ended up on Earth. But Damaskinos' writings might hold the answer.

Ten days later, Blade returned from a bunker in Siberia with knowledge.

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
Re: [Blade/Loki] Alternatives [NC-17] ONG - 08,30,2014
« Reply #46 on: Sat, Aug 30, 2014, 06:43 AM »
Nice update.

I wonder how Loki's gonna obtain the sword from the vampires.  Will he trick them into giving it to him or just steal it?  They won't give it to him willingly, I'd guess.  But then again, as it involves vampires, Blade will surely help him.

Whether or not he would return it to Loki, he would decide once he had found a hint to its whereabouts.

Haha, I don't think that Blade would be able to keep the sword from Loki, once he's found it.

Who are Frost and Damaskinos?  I'd think that Whistler was Blade's friend and he was killed by vampires, correct?

my fanfics

Offline Tiberius

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #47 on: Sat, Aug 30, 2014, 07:57 AM »
Nice update.

I wonder how Loki's gonna obtain the sword from the vampires.  Will he trick them into giving it to him or just steal it?  They won't give it to him willingly, I'd guess.  But then again, as it involves vampires, Blade will surely help him.

Blade probably already has a plan for that, which involves lots of vampire massacring.  :noangel

Haha, I don't think that Blade would be able to keep the sword from Loki, once he's found it.

Let's hope Blade will realize that soon.

Who are Frost and Damaskinos?  I'd think that Whistler was Blade's friend and he was killed by vampires, correct?

Yes. Whistler raised Blade as a vampire hunter, he's sort of a father figure for Blade.

Frost was the villain from the first movie, Damaskinos from the second one.
Frost tried to achieve vampire world domination by performing an ancient ritual to raise the blood god LaMagra. The ritual requires sacrificing twelve pure blooded vampires and the blood of the Daywalker. Things didn't go as planned, Blade killed Frost and LaMagra. Frost was also the vampire who bit Blade's mother.
Among other things, the ritual is described in the book of Erebus.

Damaskinos was the vampire overlord, the ruler of the vampire nation. He experimented with genetic engineering to make vampires resistant against sunlight, garlic and silver. The experiments created some monstrous creatures called 'reapers'. The short version is, Blade killed the reapers, Damaskinos was killed by one of those.
« Last Edit: Sat, Aug 30, 2014, 08:17 AM by Tiberius »

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
« Reply #48 on: Sat, Aug 30, 2014, 09:56 AM »
Thank you for the explanation, Tiberius.  I can't help it, but somehow what Blade's doing – killing vampires just because they're vampires – strikes me as genocide.  Makes me wonder why he is portrayed as the good guy... :devil1

Offline Tiberius

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #49 on: Sat, Aug 30, 2014, 10:08 AM »
The vampires are portrayed as evil in the movies, they want to enslave humans, keep them in farms as cattle for their blood and such.
In that context and the genre of vampire hunting, it works with Blade as the hunter who's less bad than the vampires he hunts.

Blade sometimes gives me associations of a serial killer. But that's okay, it's much more interesting to write about ambivalent characters.

Offline Tiberius

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #50 on: Sun, Aug 31, 2014, 03:40 AM »

In the depths of space, the Other assembled the last remaining Chitauri ship for Thanos.

@@@

Loki had mostly refrained from mischief in Blade's absence. Even that wonderful idea which involved shapeshifting into Blade and embarrass the hunter in front of the vampires. Such small, short-time pleasures were not worth sacrificing his larger goals for.

He had spent the time discreetly spying on the vampires and their familiars. After two nights of Blade not killing any of them, they had gotten bolder and emerged further from their hiding places. By the time Blade returned, he had gotten a very interesting lead. He was sure Blade would appreciate what he had found out. He only hoped Blade had good news for him, too.

Their reunion was fierce, consumed by a desire that surprised them both with its intensity.
Later, after they had taken a shower together, Blade said, "Kobejitsu has your sword."

"Then it's indeed fortunate, that I found out where his executives gather." Grinning happily, Loki kissed him. "Thank you very much."

Blade turned to the mirror, checking the accuracy of his haircut and shave.
"Get ready. We go after them tonight. They will lead us to their lord."
It was tempting to just crash the party, but then Kobejitsu would be warned and get away. A more subtle approach was called for.

They quickly dressed and geared up and left.
Loki showed Blade the place he had discovered. A nightclub like many in Tokyo, but its backrooms and underground held what they were looking for.

Blade watched from his hiding place in the vent shafts.

Beneath him was a large pool filled with blood. Four vampires lounged in it, their bodies were covered from the neck down in irezumi tattoos.
He listened to them for a while. Their talk was about the matters of offshore accounts, business deals, buying prostitutes and how to improve Talos' approach to blood farming. Well, they wouldn't ever get there. Tonight their lives would come to an end.

The adjoining room held an office. Money and bags of cocaine were stacked on the desk.
A human woman was chained to the wall with a collar. Too late, he could see the bites all over her body. And he couldn't attack now anyway if he wanted to follow them to Kobejitsu.

Someone came in. Blade immediately recognized him as the pureblood he'd set at fire months ago. Of course he had recovered completely, not a single mark showed on him.

Suddenly the man's mobile phone rang. He pulled it from an interior pocket of his haori.
"I greet you, Lord," he said, bowing out of habit.

Blade was getting excited as he listened. Soon he was sure the vampire was talking to Kobejitsu and it sounded like he was summoned.

Just as the vampire looked up into Blade's direction like he was feeling watched, a hand touched Blade's ankle. Recognizing Loki, Blade kept silent and unmoving, even as he felt a strange tingling sensation all over his body.
"Just a little spell to conceal us," Loki whispered.

And it worked. The vampire obviously hadn't heard Loki's voice. Looking around and upwards again, he finished the call, then packed up the stacks of money.

Offline Tiberius

• Supreme VXer
Re: [Blade/Loki] Alternatives [NC-17] ONG - 08,31,2014
« Reply #51 on: Mon, Sep 01, 2014, 11:03 AM »
"Out." Blade pointed into the backwards direction.

He handed a small transmitter to Loki.
"Can you attach that to his car without him noticing you? You'll have to wait and see which one he takes before placing it."

"Of course."
It wouldn't reveal anything about his powers to Blade he didn't already know about anyway.

Away from Blade's sight, Loki shapeshifted into a black rat with blue-green eyes and scurried out of the ventilation system to the parking area behind the nightclub. The black limousines with their tinted windows left no doubt whom they belonged to.
Soon the vampire exited the back door of the nightclub, flanked by two armed bodyguards and followed by a driver.
The rat already waited by the cars. As the men got into one of the cars, it attached the transmitter and then safely hid under the adjoining car.

After the vampires had left, Loki teleported away to meet with Blade several streets away by their motorcycles, appearing in his Aesir shape. Not much later, Blade jumped from a rooftop and silently landed next to him.

The receiver led their way, allowing them to follow unnoticed in a safe distance. For nearly two hours they drove out of Tokyo to an impressive residence in the woods.

As they'd hid the bikes by the road and were sneaking through the thick vegetation, Blade placed a gun into Loki's hand.
"You will need this. Different from what we did before. This place is gonna be swarmed with armed guards." He realized he was concerned Loki might get hurt in this and refused to think about it further now. Too confusing.
"You take the back. I go in from the front," he decided the attack plan. "You might want to make sure your sword is really here before you kill Kobejitsu."

"How does he look?"

"You'll know when you see him."
With that, Blade slipped away into the darkness.

Excited, Loki watched him.
Laevateinn. Finally.
This close he could actually feel it. It was here, there was no doubt.

Like a shadow Blade slipped over the fence into the garden and quietly killed the guard patrolling there.

Loki hurried to the back of the building. He considered the gun Blade had given to him. Sweet how he cared for him. Loki didn't needed it, though, so he let it vanish into his rift in spacetime.
He climbed over the fence and ran through the garden to the building. After quick consideration he teleported inside. He didn't like teleporting to where he couldn't see or didn't know, but it was the best option.

Startled guards backed away in fear as he materialized before them.
Grinning, he manifested throwing knifes in his hands and tossed them at the guards.

The bodies dropped dead and Loki walked away.
He sneaked through the building, avoiding those fights that he could.
It was unmistakable that Blade didn't. First an alarm went off, then heavy gunfire sounded from the other end of the house.

Loki concentrated on Laevateinn, followed its call.
It led him to a door. Sounds of fighting came from behind it.

Swiftly, Loki entered.
And found Blade in fight with a vampire, most likely Kobejitsu, who wielded Laevateinn.

Blade blocked a blow aimed at his head with his katana, but Laevateinn cut right through the silver-plated titanium, severing the sword shortly above the hilt. The last moment Blade evaded what would've been a killing stroke.

Loki flung ice daggers and a blast of freezing cold at the vampire, acting on the impulse to protect Blade.

Impaled by icicles and half-frozen, Kobejitsu flew backwards.
Laevateinn fell from his grip and skidded over the floor, coming to a halt by the wall.

Loki walked towards the vampire.
"Laevateinn is mine, you presumptuous creature."

Deciding that this part was Loki's show, Blade stepped aside.

Blue energy gathered in Loki's right hand.
"Do you even know ..."

He was interrupted by the doors behind them and on his left crashing open.
Armed guards and soldiers stormed in.

No more ammo left, Blade threw his glaive.

As the gunfire opened on them, Loki summoned the sun's light.
Bright and hot it exploded all over the room.

The vampires were all ash, the humans incapacitated by the intense burns on their exposed skin.

Groaning, Blade turned to face Loki. He wasn't badly hurt, but comfortable was something else ...
"Fucking aim that the next ..."

Suddenly, a deafening explosion tore apart two walls and the ceiling.
Blade evaded the splinters of rock and shrapnel at the last moment, only a few lightly grazed his left upper arm.
He saw how many large ones tore into Loki.

« Last Edit: Mon, Sep 01, 2014, 12:39 PM by Tiberius »

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
Re: [Blade/Loki] Alternatives [NC-17] ONG - 09,01,2014
« Reply #52 on: Mon, Sep 01, 2014, 12:05 PM »
Nice fight!  How convenient that not only can Loki throw icicles, but he can also summon the sunlight. :wicked

I wonder who or what caused the explosion.

Can't wait for the next chapter.

my fanfics

Offline Tiberius

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #53 on: Mon, Sep 01, 2014, 12:24 PM »
Loki practiced his jotun ice magic between Thor and Avengers  ;)
Hopefully all that magic didn't exhaust him too much ...

You'll find out soon what caused the explosion :grin

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
« Reply #54 on: Mon, Sep 01, 2014, 03:38 PM »
ooh!  Loki can call sunlight?  That's new.  Fire, I knew about.  Shrapnel?  Would have to be something extraordinary to harm him.  He is impervious to bullets, with that extra-dense alien flesh.  And his armour, too. 

Offline Tiberius

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #55 on: Mon, Sep 01, 2014, 06:57 PM »
Since you both commented on it, does it seem strange that he can create a blast of light strong enough to kill vampires and severely burn humans?
Then maybe I could mention in a previous chapter that he experiments a little with vampire-killing uv light and that he's quite fascinated by those uv grenades Blade has and worked on duplicating the effect.

The shrapnel isn't from earth :grin
« Last Edit: Mon, Sep 01, 2014, 10:49 PM by Tiberius »

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
« Reply #56 on: Tue, Sep 02, 2014, 11:53 AM »
Since you both commented on it, does it seem strange that he can create a blast of light strong enough to kill vampires and severely burn humans?
Then maybe I could mention in a previous chapter that he experiments a little with vampire-killing uv light and that he's quite fascinated by those uv grenades Blade has and worked on duplicating the effect.

Well, strange might be too strong a word, but I thought this blast of sunlight came as kind of a surprise.  Therefore it might indeed be a good idea to mention that Loki's trying this new trick with the UV light. :)

Offline Tiberius

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #57 on: Tue, Sep 02, 2014, 01:59 PM »
I'll add that to a previous chapter. I've thought about it today and since creating sunlight isn't a power that's associated with Loki, some build-up to it seems necessary.

Offline Tiberius

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #58 on: Wed, Sep 03, 2014, 11:15 PM »

Thanos and the Other stepped from the cloud of the explosion, followed by several Chitauri fighters.

"You failed me, Asgardian!" Thanos roared. "I promised you no place in the universe will be safe for you!"

What the fuck?
Blade stared at the ... creatures. Aliens. Pissed-off gods. Whatever.
Discreetly he picked up his glaive and the only assault rifle within reach as he got up from the ground.

Loki stood, ignoring his injuries. He called for Laevateinn.

"Now I will deliver on my promise."
Thanos shot an energy blast at him.

Loki vanished just before it hit him, creating several illusions of himself, but it stroke Laevateinn, hurling it out of Loki's reach.

The Chitauri attacked Blade.
He fired at them. Got in several good hits before they shot back with their energy blasters.
He jumped up into the destroyed roof construction, glided along its beams and landed behind the Chitauri that were still outside in the garden.
He cut the nearest creature's throat with his glaive and caught its spear like energy blaster before it hit the ground.
There was no time to figure out how the thing worked, so he used it to hit the Chitauri before him in the balls and then across the head.
The others fired at him again.
Evading the energy blasts, he closed in on them.

Loki staggered backwards from Thanos' punch. Blood flowed from his broken nose.
With all his might, he threw primordial cold at Thanos.
It slowed the Titan down, but didn't stop him.
No other option left, Loki continued his assault.
It was draining him, weakening him, as he covered Thanos in ice, freezing the blood in his veins, impaling him on spikes of ice until the Mad Titan stopped.

Joyous in his victory, Loki sauntered closer.
He picked up Laevateinn to deliver the killing stroke to the disgusting creature.
"Now, now, Thanos, you shouldn't have come after me, don't you think? You shouldn't assume the right to mess with a god."

He raised Laevateinn and hauled off and ...

Thanos' right arm broke free from the ice and caught his wrist, crushing it in his grip.
Thanos took hold of Loki's sword.
Grinning, he rammed Laevateinn through Loki's chest and shook off the remaining ice.

"You have no power over me, little godling."

Blade rammed the spear into the last Chitauri's heart and jumped at Thanos to kick him into the head. He wouldn't allow that motherfucker to kill Loki.

Roaring in annoyance, Thanos caught him by his ankle before he could even land the kick and smashed him onto the ground, breaking the floor's granite.
Then he tossed Blade outside, hitting him with a blast of cosmic energy while he was still in the air, so he crashed into the woods.

Thanos focused back on Loki.
"You've come to care for these ... things and their planet? I'll rip them apart while you watch. Then I'll make you suffer like no has before."

To give a small foretaste, he stomped down on Loki, enjoying the crunch of bones under his boot.
"You thought you could fool me?"
Thanos kicked Loki, sending him flying outside.
"You will learn better!"

Loki crashed into a tree, breaking it apart, and fell hard onto the forest floor. The impact pushed Laevateinn back in where it was protruding from his back.
Loki gripped the sword and pulled it free from his spine and ribcage.

He quietly laughed at the irony.
Laevateinn was finally back in his hand and yet he laid here, his body utterly broken from Thanos' attack.
He wouldn't die frome these injuries. He would heal completely, even from the fractured vertebrae and severed spinal cord that now incapacitated him. But he needed time for that, which was something he hadn't.

Blade laid next to him.
The ground beneath him was drenched with the blood, that was coming from the huge wound on his chest and abdomen where Thanos' blasts of energy had torn through him.
More blood spurted from that huge injury with each heartbeat. Blood foamed on his lips.
The injury was a disaster, Loki could even make out internal organs in its mangled expanse.

Loki refused to accept that Thanos had won ... and saw a gleam of hope when he remembered what Blade told him.
Blade was clearly in no shape to discuss anything, so he grabbed him by the collar of his leatherjacket and dragged him close. Blade weakly groaned in pain and slumped down on him.

"Drink my blood ... a God's blood," Loki whispered.
In the distance, he heard Thanos kill whatever was still alive in the house.

In the moment of Blade's hesitation, Loki's thoughts raced.
His blood would instantly heal Blade and hopefully give him enough strength to defeat Thanos, especially now as the Titan was weakened from his fight with Loki.
Loki didn't care about this Midgard, but he cared about himself and didn't wanted to die from torture by Thanos' hand and he preferred to be able to keep Blade.
The virus that transformed humans into vampires would get into his body, which shouldn't be a problem since no pathogens affected him. His blood might even kill Blade, he remembered well from Blade's telling that only human blood worked as nourishment. But none of this mattered now. It was their only chance.

Blade growled.
Surprisingly strong fingers grabbed Loki's hair at the back of his neck and turned his head to the side.
Loki gasped as fangs sank into his jugular.
Suction began, quickly growing strong and demanding.

Loki groaned.
His life force, his seidhr, his power, the last of his strength, everything drained from him at an alarming rate.
He struggled weakly which seemed to encourage Blade. The Daywalker growled and his grip on Loki tightened.

Thanos was coming for them, Loki heard him.

Blade straightened up and roared.
An animal sound like Loki never heard from him before.
Loki stared at him.
Fangs bared. Lips bloody. His wound had vanished.
Magnificent, Loki thought.

"Now take Laevateinn and slay Thanos."
Loki felt light-headed and almost too weak to lift his arm to hand his sword to Blade.
"It deflects his blasts of energy," he added in a soft whisper.

Blade swirled around, grabbing Laevateinn in the movement of getting up.
He had to get Thanos away from Loki, so he ran in a wide arch towards the house to attack him.

Thanos was surprised at his sight, wondering what kind of creature this was, then decided wherever the Asgardian dug up this, it would die now and shot a wave of energy at it.

Instead of evading, Blade raised Laevateinn and stood his ground.
The power of the impact nearly forced him to step backwards, but it worked.

The energy deflected back at Thanos.
The Titan staggered.

Blade knew he had to end this as fast as possible.

He jumped to attack, feigning a maneuver similar to the one that hadn't worked before.
But instead of trying to get in a useless kick, he landed behind Thanos, swinging Laevateinn in a high arch.
The sword cut through the Titan's neck, separating his head from his body.

Swirling around, he rammed the sword into the chest of the fallen body where the heart would be in a human.
Yet the giant body still twitched.
Suddenly Laevateinn glowed gold and green with Loki's magic.
Thanos' body froze over, then splintered around the sword and crumbled into thousand pieces.

Slowly Blade walked towards where Loki laid, scared at how ... dead Loki looked the closer he came.
Had this magic to kill Thanos exhausted his energy?
He stood next to Loki. There was no breathing or heartbeat to be heard. Fuck ...
He crouched down. As his fingers touched Loki's face, his eyes opened.

Blade smiled and placed Laevateinn back in Loki's hands.

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
Re: [Blade/Loki] Alternatives [NC-17] ONG - 09,04,2014
« Reply #59 on: Thu, Sep 04, 2014, 05:08 AM »
 :shock  Well, that was certainly unexpected.  Wondering now if the virus will affect Loki, especially seeing he's weakened by his injuries. 
And what changes has his blood wrought in Blade?