Author Topic: [Loki] The Error of His Ways (PG-13) chapter 15 FIN 06/11/2014  (Read 264 times)

Offline Montgomery Burns 13

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
  • Every hero needs a formidable villain
Re: [Loki] The Error of His Ways (G) chapter 8 ONG 05/30/20114
« Reply #30 on: Fri, May 30, 2014, 11:05 AM »
But he and Frigga would surely attract quite the attention. :ggrin

Besides, they could wear human clothes...

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
Re: [Loki] The Error of His Ways (G) chapter 8 ONG 05/30/20114
« Reply #31 on: Fri, May 30, 2014, 01:35 PM »
 :laugh

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
Re: [Loki] The Error of His Ways (G) chapter 9 ONG 06/01/20114
« Reply #32 on: Sun, Jun 01, 2014, 05:06 AM »
Next day at school, Liberty had gone to the library on a whim to rest a bit between finals and distract her mind from all the questions about her friend.  Looking for something to fill her thoughts, she wandered into the fantasy section.  Suddenly her hand stopped on an older volume.  Myths and Legends, the title said.  A comparative analysis of different cultures’ beliefs.

She took it down and scanned the table of contents.  Norse myths had several chapters, one titled Gods and Monsters.  She turned to it and stumbled to a chair.  He was in there, as were his brother and father.  Was it crazy to think that?  Or had his family just been named after the old gods of the vikings?  Loki was from a family of four boys.  All blonde as he said, except for him.  His odd accent, more of a cadence to his words; well it could be Nordic.

She read on, discovering the original Loki was adopted by Odin, the king of the Norse gods.  Whose eldest son was Thor, the God of Thunder.  And he and his second wife, Frigga, had two other boys.  Well, that’s four, she mused.

Loki was described as charming and handsome, witty, intelligent and funny.  But also a liar, a thief and a troublemaker.  Disdainful of his fellow gods, his favourite pastime was pulling pranks on them.  He had few friends among them, although they would come to him for help with problems.  He always seemed to come up with a plan to solve any sticky situation. 

And he was a master magician, able to change his form and shift himself from place to place in an instant.  He could move faster than the human eye could follow.  Staring into his eyes was mesmerizing; he could influence a person’s thoughts without a word. 

Liberty sat back and closed the thick book.  She shook her head and smiled at her foolishness.  It had to be coincidence.  It had to be... didn’t it?  She opened it again, fanning the pages to find where she’d left off. 

A phrase jumped out at her and she stopped on that page.  The golden apples of the gods, Ithunn’s charge.  A goddess who spent her days tending her orchard of golden apples.  She fed them to the others, one every day to keep them young.  If they were denied the magic fruit, the gods would age and die like mortals. 

Liberty dropped the book and ran.  She needed air.  This was not possible.  He couldn’t be an actual god, could he?  She had been raised her entire life, as had all her friends and family and their families before them, to believe there was only one God.  An all-powerful, all-seeing, but invisible god who lived in heaven.  These were just stories, fairy tales for children’s bedtimes.

She’d learned in church school that not everyone believed that, but her preacher said they were simply misguided.  Even the Muslims and Hebrews who also believed in one god, but called him by different names.  Her thoughts were wrong; she had to be wrong. 

What to do now?  Who could she ask about this?  Her preacher?  No.  Her parents?  God, no!  Then she realised there was only one person she could ask.  She had to find Loki.

###

That was Tuesday.  Liberty dithered over it for another night.  She finally realised she was going to have to get this confusion straightened out before the prom on Friday.  So after her English final on Wednesday, she borrowed the office phone at school and called Loki’s cell. 

He answered quickly and she blurted out, “I have to see you.  Immediately.  I know you don’t have any tests today, but could you come pick me up at school?”

“Are you well, sweet Liberty?  Has something happened?”  Loki’s concern seemed sincere, but now she wasn’t sure.  In fact, Liberty wasn’t sure of anything about him anymore. 

“I’m okay.  Sort of.  I just need to talk to you.  Will you come?”

“Certainly.  I always enjoy our conversations and your company.  I’ll get ready now.  In half an  hour?”

“That’s fine.  I’ll meet you in the senior lot?”  He agreed, sounding curious and they hung up. 

Liberty ran back to the library.  She had some more reading to do and she wanted to check out that book.  Show it to Loki and get his reaction.  She hoped he wouldn’t just laugh at her for being an overly imaginative idiot.

She sat on the steps leading down into the senior area of the parking lot while she waited.  Liberty clutched the old volume of myths in her lap, the pertinent section marked with a slip of paper.  She heard the visceral grumble of Loki’s car and took a deep breath.  This was going to be awkward, she just knew it. 

It was the first time she’d seen Loki without him wearing a suit.  His hair was simply brushed back, still damp from his shower and slightly wavy.  A black leather jacket over a denim shirt and black pants and boots made him seem so... normal.  Sexy, in a bad boy kind of way.

He stopped at the little country store and they picked up sodas and some relatively healthy snacks.  The clerk looked at Liberty a little strangely when she brought her selections to the counter.  While she was digging in her purse for a couple of bills, Loki slipped up behind her and handed the girl his card. 

She looked at it for a minute, then asked, “Is this real?”

Loki only smiled and slid an arm over Liberty’s shoulders.  “Just run it, dear.”

“Okaaay,” she shrugged. 

Liberty blushed, not only because of the clerk questioning the validity of the black card, but because Loki was breathing on her neck.  It made her shiver from the chill of the moving air and because she caught a hint of that intriguing scent again.  Fir trees and woodsmoke.

He let her direct him to a local park where they could talk without being overheard.  Loki glanced at her, curious after parking on the edge of the gravel road.  Holding his hand, she led him to a patch of grass near the trees. 

“Just a moment, my lady.”  Loki headed back to the car and pulled a folded blanket out of the trunk.  He smiled and whipped it open, laying it on the ground with a flourish.  Bowing, hand across his midsection, the other swept wide, he grinned at her.  “Your seat, milady Liberty.”

She smiled and took his hand to be gently lowered to the blanket.  Loki folded himself up and sat beside her.  “Now, tell me what has upset you so, dear one.”

“ I need to ask you some, well, personal questions.”

“As you wish.”

“What’s your mom’s name?” 

“Frigga,” he said, with a smile.  “And yours is Virginia.”  Loki lifted one of Liberty’s hands and began playing with her fingers.  “Next?”

“Why... why do you always eat yellow apples?  Why not red ones or green?”

Loki’s pale green eyes came up from watching their fingers intertwine.  His expression was serious now.  “I like the gold ones.”  He cocked his head and grinned.  “They are healthy.  Haven’t you ever heard the adage, ‘an apple a day keeps the doctor away’?” 

Liberty smiled back, “Now you’re being silly.”

“What has prompted this sudden curiosity for such esoteric information, my sweet?”

“Um... promise me you won’t laugh.  Or think I’m crazy.”

“Never.” 

“Because of this.  And... and the things you’ve said.  Or hinted at.  And what I’ve noticed.”  Liberty reached into her backpack and pulled out the volume of myths.  “I marked the section I wanted you to see.” 

Loki glanced at the cover and up at his lady friend.  It seemed he had a small problem.  With a quiet sigh, he opened the book to the section on Norse mythology.  Liberty had marked the chapters dedicated to himself, Thor, Ithunn and a page that showed a genealogy of the gods.

Liberty bit a lip.  She expected him to be stifling laughter, or at least, smiling.  But as he skimmed the pages, his face was quite still and serious. 

Finally, he closed the tome gently.  “I never expected this,” she heard him murmur.  “They actually remember.”

He looked up when she gasped.  Now, he did smile.  “This is ancient history, sweet Liberty.  The people who made up these tales were much more innocent and unenlightened than you are today.  They tried to explain things they didn’t understand in a way that would be believable to themselves.”

“I know, Loki.  But see, it’s the way you answer questions... Like just now.  You said, ‘you’ when talking about modern people.  Like you’re not.  Anyone else would have said ‘we’.  And, Loki?  I remember that day when you first came to school... You told Mr Waters there was only one of you.”

“Eh, heh, heh.  Mother always has said my attitude would be my downfall.  I think I begin to understand her meaning.”  Loki shook his head and sighed, running one hand through his silky hair. 

“You mustn’t take this literally, Liberty.  It may have been true in the distant past, but no longer.  You don’t truly believe me to be an immortal god, do you?”

Liberty chewed her lip some more.  He sounded so reasonable.  She glanced up and his eyes had gone teal.  She instantly turned her head away, remembering what the book said about Loki’s ability to cloud the minds of humans. 

Loki put his hand under her chin and turned her face to his.  Very softly, he said, “I am not immortal, sweet one.  I will die one day, just like everyone else.” 

“But you are not like everyone else, are you?”  Liberty whispered, shaken.

Loki sighed, and dropped his hand from her face.  “No.” 

“Where are you really from, Loki?”

“I have no wish to frighten you, but it seems you will accept nothing but the truth from me.”  He snorted a faint laugh.  “Something I am not comfortable with.  Even when I’m at home.”

“So that part of the book is true?  You are a liar?”

“Incorrigible, I’m afraid.  People... of all kinds... are so gullible.  I can’t help myself.”

“You still haven't answered my question,” she persisted. 

Loki looked over at the sweet, gentle girl he’d come to like and knew this was one time a story would not suffice.  He dropped his head with a little grimace, not really a smile, just a twist of his lips. 

“You are correct, my lady.  I am Loki.  The Loki.  I hail from Asgard, the sky realm.  My father sent me here to learn humility, or so he said.  I’m not so sure that it is possible, but I have tried... at least with you.”

“Oh... my... God!”   

“No longer, I’m afraid.  Though it was fun when your ancestors thought so.”

“Fun?  Fun!  You thought it was fun?”  Her voice rose with every word. 

“Well, yes.  You have no idea what it is like to be worshipped like that.  At least I didn’t hurt any of them.  Not like some of my peers, who killed, raped and made slaves out of humans.  I only played with them a little.  No harm done.”

“I can’t believe you just said that!  They were people!”

“More like toys, actually.”

“Loki!”  Liberty scowled at him.  “Is that the way you feel about me?”  Loki looked at her, grinning and she saw his eyes glint mischievously.  “You’re teasing me... aren’t you?”

“Well... yes, darling, I am.”  He chuckled, “Remember I said I can’t help myself?  And sometimes you make it so easy.”  Liberty smacked him playfully on the chest and shook her head.

“Will you... can you tell me about your home?  What is it like to live so long?”  Loki lay back on the blanket, looking up at the blue summer sky and sighed.  Liberty curled up next to him and he slipped an arm under her so she could rest her head on his shoulder.  He began to tell her about Asgard and the other realms, their inhabitants, traveling over the Bifrost, and what it was like living in the castle of the Allfather. 

She lay silent, just absorbing his story with rapt attention.  His descriptions of the other gods and the places they lived were so detailed, so realistic, she could not believe it was anything but the truth.  Finally he ran out of words and sighed again.

“You miss it, don’t you?  You’re homesick.” 

“I am.  But you have made my sojourn here on what we call Midgard bearable.   More than bearable.  Enjoyable.”  Loki rolled over onto his side.  “I want to do something to please you for being so kind to me.  What can I give you, my lady?”

Liberty thought of all the things a god could do, and everything she’d ever wanted.  Then she smiled,  “Would you kiss me again?”  Loki’s face reflected his surprise and then he grinned and laughed out loud. 

“I would be honoured, sweet lady.”  He leaned down and showed her what it meant to be kissed by a god.  Liberty forgot to breathe.

Loki gently placed a hand on her chest, over her heart.  He gazed into her blue eyes and smiled.  “Forget, sweet one.  Only remember how much I enjoyed you.  Sleep, sweet Liberty.”

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
Re: [Loki] The Error of His Ways (G) chapter 9 ONG 06/01/2014
« Reply #33 on: Sun, Jun 01, 2014, 06:24 AM »
So Loki tells Liberty the truth about himself, only to erase her memory afterwards.  I guess that was the right thing to do, because nobody would believe Liberty if she told her friends and parents that Loki was a Norse god.  They'd discount it as the imagination of an enamored teenager.  Some people would probably even make fun of her.

Didn't know the part about the golden apples, interesting.

Love it.
Who needs love when you've got a gun, who needs love to have some fun. Black Flag
Feelings are overrated. Dean Winchester

my fanfics

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
Re: [Loki] The Error of His Ways (G) chapter 9 ONG 06/01/20114
« Reply #34 on: Sun, Jun 01, 2014, 09:19 AM »
  :-*  lots and lots of research!

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
Re: [Loki] The Error of His Ways (G) chapter 10 ONG 06/03/20114
« Reply #35 on: Tue, Jun 03, 2014, 05:27 AM »
Thursday was the last practice for graduation and everyone was required to be there and in their gowns.  The underclassmen had their schedules revised so the seniors could have the auditorium, (study hall), for the entire day.  Liberty was not surprised when Loki did not arrive until the very last minute, in a suit as was his norm. 

He did carry a gown over one arm and slipped it on, allowing her to adjust the collar with a patient sigh.  He refused the cap, however, insisting it would ruin his hair.  She laughed; he was worse than a girl.

It went fairly smoothly and the senior class got released early.  Saying he had some errands to run, Loki drove Liberty home.  As was his practice, he helped her out of the car, handed her her gown, kissed her hand and waited until she was opening her door before he left.  He would not see her until the following evening.

Excited about the dance, the end of school and upcoming last free summer before continuing her education, Liberty had trouble sleeping.  When she did finally drift off, she had strange, unsettling dreams.  Weird things that normally did not impact her daily life.  But the worst one, that woke her gasping, was of her friend. 

She and Loki had been on a date.  Flying to some other town... no plane, just them, with Loki hugging her close.  They soared over large tracts of forest; she could smell the pines, or was it him?

Then they were falling, spiraling out of control.  An odd missile had shot out of nowhere, striking Loki in the face.  A basketball.  She was ripped out of his arms and thrown to the ground.  She lay there, stunned for a short time.  When she got to her feet, she somehow knew she didn’t want to turn around and see what was causing the noise and flickering light behind her.

With the inevitability of a dream, she did anyway.  And the sight that met her eyes was what woke her.  Cord and friends dancing around a pyre... with Loki staked in the center of it.  He was laughing.

Liberty sat in her room staring wildly for a moment before she came back to herself.  She realised she must have screamed as Harmony stuck her head through the door.  “Are you alright, Libby?  You were yelling.”

“Fine... I’m fine now.  It was just a bad dream.”

“Prom jitters?  I heard you call ‘Loki’,”  Harmony smiled. 

“I guess so.  Go back to sleep.”  Liberty slumped back down and pulled her comforter to her chin. 

###

She had the jitters all day Friday.  Too nervous to eat, couldn’t sit still; she even snapped at Patience when her youngest sister wanted to help do her hair.  “Oh, baby!  I’m so sorry, Pay.  I’m just so wound up.  I’m afraid something bad is going to happen.” 

“Yeah, Harm told me you had a nightmare.  Worried about Loki?  I wouldn’t; that guy can take care of himself from what I hear.”  Patience chuckled, hugging her sister.  “You are so lucky, Lib.  He’s sooo cute.  And smart.  And rich.”  She sighed, “What more could a girl ask for?”

“He won’t be staying here forever, Patience.  I wish he could, but he will have to go home... probably soon.” 

“Really?  That sucks,” Patience exclaimed.  “Where does he live?  Maybe you could visit.”

Liberty smiled.  “I don’t think so, honey.  He’s... European or something.  I’m not sure, but I got the impression it’s far away.”

“He never said?  Wow, a real mystery man.”  Patience frowned, put one hand on her chin and held that arm’s elbow with the other.  “Wonder what hides behind that good-looking face?”  She jerked her brows up and down quickly.  “Master jewel thief?  Serial killer?  Assassin?  Spy?” 

Grinning at Liberty’s outraged look, she giggled, “Ooh, I know... a prince!  That’s it, he’s a prince in disguise, hiding from... uh... a bad guy that stole his throne!”

Too busy teasing her big sister to notice, Patience laughed and ran off to tell Harmony her new theory on just who Liberty’s boyfriend really was.  Liberty sat, staring into her mirror as a chill ran through her.  There was something she should know, but she couldn’t remember.  Something about Loki that was more than just odd. 

It must be the nightmare, and Patience’s wild imagination.  He’s just a quiet guy.  Private, but that’s probably because he’s wealthy.  Keeps people from annoying him all the time, asking for money

Her father calling upstairs broke her train of thought.  It was time to go pick up her dress.  She had to go too, so the dressmaker could be sure the alterations were done right.  Throwing on a light sweater over her t-shirt and jeans, Liberty hurried down and out to her father’s truck. 

She ran into several of her friends while in the shop.  Her father had enough of the giggling and whispering after a few minutes and indulgently told her to take her time.  He was going down the street to the diner for a coffee. 

Loki spent the morning lazing about his apartment.  He’d picked up his tux and Liberty’s corsage the night before.  The tux hung on the closet door, the corsage waited, chilling in the fridge.  Now, he had eaten a light snack and his daily apple.

Sitting down with his laptop, he prepared to do some research.  On the Midgardian custom of ‘proms’.  It would never do for him to embarrass himself by ignorance of such an apparently important tradition.  Pouring himself a glass of cider, he opened the browser and settled in to read.
« Last Edit: Tue, Jun 03, 2014, 10:14 AM by ban sidhe »

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
« Reply #36 on: Tue, Jun 03, 2014, 10:05 AM »
He refused the cap, however, insisting it would ruin his hair.

lol It fits Loki's narcissistic character. :giggle

Flying to some other town... no plane, just them, with Loki hugging her close.  They soared over large tracts of forest; [...]
Cord and friends dancing around a pyre... with Loki staked in the center of it.  He was laughing.

What a weird dream!

... I’m afraid something bad is going to happen.”

Looks like that nightmare has caused some evil foreboding in Liberty.  And knowing ban sidhe, I'm afraid there's something to it.

:devil1

Who needs love when you've got a gun, who needs love to have some fun. Black Flag

my fanfics

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: Tue, Jun 03, 2014, 10:16 AM »
 :shock  Of course, there is. :mwaha

Offline Wilde

• Dom's Desire
  • Wilde Furyan at your service =~.^=
    • Facebook
    • My Forever Furyan Facebook personal profile page
« Reply #38 on: Wed, Jun 04, 2014, 09:12 PM »
*clears throat* MmMmMmMmuAhahahahahaha ;)
WiLdE n free & will always be <3 =^.~=

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
Re: [Loki] The Error of His Ways (G) chapter 11 ONG 06/05/20114
« Reply #39 on: Thu, Jun 05, 2014, 05:57 AM »
Liberty heard the by now familiar growl of the green sports car’s engine rumbling up the street and trembled.  She so hoped this evening would go smoothly.  One never knew what would happen with Loki around.  He seemed to attract chaos.

She shivered at her reflection in the mirror, and took a deep, fortifying breath.  Her makeup was done, her hair perfect and her gown fit her like a glove.  The pale cream lace sheath was modest, yet delineated her slender form beautifully.  She hoped Loki liked it. 

Liberty heard the car door thunk closed and knew he was on his way up the walk.  She couldn’t resist a peek out the window.  Holy cow!  When Loki went formal, he really went all the way.  Black tailed tuxedo, white bow tie and gloves, a cream satin vest, shiny black shoes.  His hair was slicked straight back, no spiky do tonight.  He would match her gown perfectly.

She gulped and headed downstairs where she could hear her mother oohing over him like a schoolgirl.  And her sisters were leaning around the corner, both of them giggling like fools.  Patience looked back over her shoulder and whispered, “What’d I tell you, Lib?  He’s a prince!”

Liberty tsked at her baby sister, but she secretly agreed.  He certainly looked like one tonight.  She stepped around the corner and the expression on his face gave her a thrill.  Loki looked stunned. 

Silent for a moment, Loki suddenly broke out in a wide smile.  He bowed, and still bent, raised his head to remark to Virginia, “A goddess!  Where have you been hiding this ravishing creature, Mrs Patturn?  And what has become of my sweet Liberty?  This delightful creature cannot be the same adorable, but innocent girl I have come to know and admire.”

Liberty blushed, dropping her eyes from his.  They had gone teal again and he looked positively... hungry was the only way she could describe that grinning countenance.  Loki lifted Liberty’s hand and went to one knee.  “You honour me, my lady.  May I?”  He lifted the corsage that had been hidden behind his back.

Liberty glanced at the beautiful orchid in pale peach and she couldn’t speak. She bit a lip and nodded yes.  Loki slipped the wristband over her hand and kissed the backs of her fingers before rising to grin down on her.  “You shall outshine every woman at this soiree this evening, my dove.” 

You had better treat her like glass,”  her father growled, coming in from the kitchen.  He couldn’t stop the smile that kept breaking out, even though he was scowling at Loki.  He had to admit the boy did look good in that monkey suit, completely at ease, like he did it frequently.  And his daughter, his little girl... well, she obviously wasn’t a little girl anymore.

“My apologies, sir, if I misconstrued my meaning.  This precious creature shall be the center of my universe until she is returned to you.  I shall treat her as more delicate than the finest crystal, the most fragile porcelain.”  Loki bent his head as he could not fully bow.  Liberty was right in front of him, pinning his boutonniere to his lapel. 

Finished, she smiled up at him, murmuring, “and you will be the handsomest man.  You are the handsomest.” 

Loki winked at her and grinned.  “I know,” he murmured close to her ear, with a chuckle.

She giggled and her mother put down her new bouquet to shoo them out onto the front porch.  “Let me get a picture of you together before you go.  I know they’ll take some there, but this one is less formal, more natural.” 

“Oh, Mom!”  Liberty rolled her eyes. 

“It’s quite alright, sweet Liberty,” Loki soothed her.  “This will be a pleasant memory for your mother to look back on when you’re grown and have flown her nest.”

Liberty frowned and smiled up at him.  “You say the strangest things, sometimes.”  But she stood with him and posed for her mom’s camera. 

Finally, they escaped, Loki tucking her carefully into the green death machine.  He checked to make sure no part of her gown would get caught in the door.  After settling a soft, cashmere shawl around her shoulders, he jumped in and they were off.

###

The evening went smoothly, for the most part.  Liberty was surprised Loki seemed to know what to expect and how to respond.  At one point, while they were dancing, she whispered to him,  “You fooled me tonight.  I kinda thought you’d need more coaching.  But you’ve got it down.”

Loki just laughed and spun her.  “The internet is an amazing invention.  One I shall take home.   And I am quite used to affairs of this variety.”

“Take home?  I thought you could connect just about anywhere?”  Liberty tensed when his expression changed.  Loki seemed almost startled at first, then his face went blank, like he’d said something wrong, or maybe something he shouldn’t have, she worried.

“Loki, where is home?  You’ve never told me.” 

“Later, perhaps, my sweet.  Let us just enjoy this celebration of matriculation for the nonce.”

Liberty realised Loki was stressed.  His language always became more formal when he was upset in any way.  She decided to let it go and do as he asked.  For now.  But her curiosity was going to be assuaged before the evening was over, she would make sure.

So the night passed; they danced and ate and chatted with her friends.  Exchanged summer plans and next year’s schools for those going on ‘to university’ as Loki put it.  Some would work on their family’s farms, some take vocational classes, others had town jobs lined up. 

The senior class president gave a speech, the class chaperones kept watch to see things didn’t get too rowdy, and the king and queen of the prom were selected.  No one doubted it would be Cord and Purity and they were right. 

Plans for after parties were finalized.  Some kids had brought suits and were going to the river.  Others planned a visit to the closest large town.  There would be several bonfires and most likely some underage drinking.  A few couples plotted to escape off to more private pleasures. 

The party began to break up around three am.  About half the students had left or were awaiting rides outside the hall.  Liberty put a hand on Loki’s arm.  “Chastity and Destiny and their dates are getting ready to leave.  She wanted to know if we wanted to come to Crossroads with them for ice cream sodas, too.  What do you think?” 

“If that is your desire, my lady.  I had thought of an alternate end to this evening.  If you wish, I would transport you to the city and we could sample some of the nightlife there?  Your friends are welcome to join us, as well.”

“Um, I guess I could ask.  I, uh, I don’t know if they can actually afford that kind of entertainment, though.”  She twisted her hands together, looking at her lap and biting a lip.

Loki placed a hand on his chest.  “Not to worry, sweet lady.  The evening’s on me.”   

“Okay, if you’re sure.  You don’t have to do that.” 

“It would be my pleasure, sweet Liberty.  The coin means nothing to me.  Surely you are aware of that by now.”

“Ye...es.  But I shouldn’t take advantage of you, just the same.”

Loki smiled magnanimously.  “But you are not.  I made the offer.  I would not have, if it was not something I wished.  I only desire your happiness, my dove.”

LIberty flung her arms around his neck and pulled him down for a kiss.  Loki had no objection, holding her close.  One hand slipped a little low and Liberty gasped when she felt his palm cup her behind.  She reared back, “Loki!” to several giggles and ‘oohs’ from those that noticed.  Loki just grinned, a naughty, mischievous glint in his eye.  He let her go and she ran to ask her friends.

Loki collected her wrap, purse, the table favours and slipped his jacket back on.  Wandering after his date, he glanced over the half-empty room.  Surprised he didn’t see Cord and his crowd.  He’d thought them the type to close the room down.  Not that it mattered to him; they had avoided each other all night, fortunately.

###

Liberty came skipping back, delighted to tell Loki that Charity, Destiny and their dates, Dexter and Loyal, had accepted his offer.  Everyone was heading for their cars and they’d follow his to the city.  He offered her an arm and slipped her shawl over her shoulders.  The evening had cooled a bit and the ride in the sports car would be chilly. 

They were about fifteen feet from Loki’s car when he stopped short, a shocked wide-eyed look on his face.  It instantly turned into a fierce grimace and he actually growled under his breath.  Liberty looked at him and then back to the car.  “Loki?”  Then she saw it.

Someone had keyed the hood of the green vehicle.  ‘Go home, asshole’ was scratched through the paint.  The silvery glint of aluminum reflected in the parking lot’s lighting. 

“It appears some coward has taken out his pique on my property.” 

“Oh, no!  this is awful!  Who would do such a thing?”  Liberty clutched her shawl at her neck, her other hand covering her mouth. 

She watched Loki glance from side to side around the lot and then he looked straight ahead.  She saw him stiffen and he stared toward the group of laughing students clustered near several souped up cars.  Cord and his friends.

The big basketball star seemed to feel the cold regard from further out and he turned to face them.  Seeing Loki glaring at him, he mimicked the more slender boy’s short bow and then tapped two fingers to one side of his forehead in a cocky salute.  Grinning like a complete idiot, he shoved his nearest buddy and guffawed loudly.

Loki’s demeanor changed in an instant.  His eyes positively glowed with green fire.  He stepped away from Liberty, literally crackling with rage.

“Wait here, sweet Liberty.  This won’t take long.”

“No, Loki, don’t!”  Liberty grabbed at his arm, but let go just as quickly when she saw his face.  She inhaled in shock.  So this is what an angry god looks like.  She frowned, wondering why she’d thought that.

“Stay here.  I am not safe to be close to, right now.”  He headed across the lot toward Cord and his crew.

Loki called out to the basketball star, “You would dare to cross me again?  And in such a petty, cowardly manner!  Did you not learn the last time you challenged me?  I will not hold back this time, fool!”  The slender, dark boy strode toward his opponent.

And this time it was no jaunty saunter, but a purposeful, deliberate strut.  Angry and getting faster, each stride slightly longer than the last, until he was almost running.  His hands were clenched in tight fists and Liberty swore they glowed greenly, a faint nimbus swirling around each one.

Cord watched for a few moments until Loki was close enough for him to see the slimmer boy’s face.  Then he bolted, heading back into the banquet hall and the dispersing crowd.  There were still security people inside and he thought he would be safe from the murder he’d seen in Loki’s eyes.

Hold back?  Liberty was horrified.  The last encounter the two had, Loki had knocked Cord out with one punch.  She shuddered, realising Loki could actually hurt the other boy really badly.  And he looked angry enough to do it, too.  She took a breath, gathered up her skirt and ran after them.

Cord blasted through a group of partiers coming out the main doors.  Knocking several to the sides, making them stumble and almost fall, he slammed the doors open as he ran.  People turned to yell after him, a couple of the boys making rude gestures as well.  They hadn’t even recovered when Loki shot between them like a bolt of lightning.

Several spun around, looking behind and then following the path of the two boys.  “What the Hell?  Who was that?”  Liberty heard annoyed, querulous voices demand as, she too, ran through the crowd. 

Someone else snickered, “Cord.  Running for his life, from the looks.” 

“No, I meant behind him.”

“I dunno.  Moving too fast to tell.”

And as she made it through the doors, a female voice wailed, “It was Loki.  He’s gonna kill ‘im.  Somebody help, please!”  Purity had followed her own date, too, it seemed.  Liberty had no time to worry over her; she was too busy searching for the troublemakers. 

Lights were low in the main ballroom, a few dancers still slowly moving to the last song on the sound system.  The band was packing up their instruments, wait staff bussing tables, a couple of which still had tired, happy seniors sitting around discussing their futures.  Liberty scanned the room but she didn’t see either of the people she wanted to find.

Running up to the closest occupied table, she stopped and gasped, “Did you guys see anyone run through here?  Cord... or Loki?” 

“Why, you lose one of ‘em?”  Everyone laughed.

“Cord keyed Loki’s car.  I’m afraid he’s going to really hurt him this time.  Did you see them?”  Liberty still breathed fast, leaning a hand on the table for support.

“Wow!  Another fight?  C’mon guys!  Let’s help Libby find ‘em!”  Everyone jumped up and they started searching the building, splitting up into several pairs.

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
« Reply #40 on: Thu, Jun 05, 2014, 10:19 AM »
"The internet is an amazing invention.  One I shall take home."

Oooops!  No wonder Loki is stressed.  He really needs to be more careful.

So Cord keyed Loki's Lambo, huh?  What a pathetic coward.  Looks like he's begging for a beating.

Strange though that nobody's seen Loki and Cord.  I wonder where they are, or rather where Loki took Cord.

Please don't let me wait another two full days for the next update. :ggrin

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
« Reply #41 on: Thu, Jun 05, 2014, 10:51 AM »
 :evillol  okay, already!

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
Re: [Loki] The Error of His Ways (G) chapter 12 ONG 06/06/20114
« Reply #42 on: Fri, Jun 06, 2014, 05:02 AM »
Purity caught up to Libby as they searched the halls.  She grabbed the other girl’s arm.  “What, did you come to gloat?  Your boyfriend is a freak.  He’s gonna hurt Cord and if he does, Cord could lose his scholarship!”

Liberty pushed her away.  “I don’t want to see anyone get hurt.  Not even if they deserve it.  That was really mean of Cord.  And chicken, too!” 

Purity suddenly deflated.  “I know, he can be a real jerk sometimes.  I’ve tried to make him stop, but he doesn’t listen.” 

“Well, let’s go find them together.  Maybe if they see us working as a team, they’ll listen.”

The other blonde nodded, “Okay.  It’s worth a shot, I guess.  Sorry I yelled at you.  I’m just scared for Cord.”

Liberty smiled a little.  “You really like him, huh?”

Purity nodded, and blushed.  “He’s always been good to me.  We may even...” 

Shouts, the sounds of things breaking and thumps erupted from from further into the building.  Both girls looked at each other, scared expressions mirrored on their faces.  They ran toward the noise.

Before they got far they were stopped by one of the security people hired by the facility.  “Hey! where do you two think you’re going?  You don’t belong back here!”  The guard had just come out of a men’s room and nearly ran into them.

The girls blurted out their story, tripping over each other’s words in their haste to explain.  The guard’s head swiveled back and forth from one to the other as he tried to make sense of the babble.  Finally, he held up his hands.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa.  One at a time.  Who’s in trouble?  And somebody’s chasing him?  Who is that?  Why?” 

Liberty managed to speak up first, Purity nodding in agreement with her words.

“My friend is chasing her friend.  Cord, that’s Purity’s date; he keyed Loki’s car.  That’s my date.  Loki is going to really hurt Cord and he could lose his scholarship if he gets injured or in another fight.  We have to stop them.”

The guard snorted.  “Keyed some old wreck?  I know what kind of cars you kids drive.  That’s no reason to go after somebody.  Probably just one more scratch, anyway.”

Liberty put her hands on her hips.  But Purity beat her to it this time.

“Oh, yeah?  Did you see the fancy, expensive green car in the lot?  The one parked right under the lights?”

The guard’s brows met his hairline.  “That car?  The Lamborghini?”  He looked at Liberty.  “Your  boyfriend drives a Lamborghini?” 

When she nodded, he shook his head.  “Well, I guess I can understand why he’d be pissed.  That thing is worth more than twice what most folks around here make in a year.  Guess we better go find them.” 

He called on his radio, informing the rest of the security staff of the problem.  With the girls  trailing, he headed down the hall the way they had been going.  Liberty told him about the noises they’d heard earlier. 

When asked, she pointed out the direction.  The man frowned, “Sounds like the kitchen.  They shouldn’t be back there.  It’s off limits to guests.”

Purity murmured, “I don’t think they cared about that.” 

Liberty nodded and added, “Yeah.  Cord was scared.  He just ran.”

The guard’s radio crackled a couple of times while they prowled the staff areas of the banquet hall.  Other guards checking in, reporting areas searched and cleared, noting when they caught up to the other kids who were looking.  Eventually, they all met back in the dining room and the guards had the kids all stay put. 

“Maybe they went back outside.  I’ll send a couple guys to check, but you all stay here.  They don’t need an audience to egg them on,” the first guard told them. 

While he was still talking, they heard the pounding of someone running fast.  In their direction.  Everyone’s head turned to see as Cord staggered through the doors from the serving area and slid across the floor on his knees. 

He was gasping for air, his face bloodied, one eye swollen nearly shut.  He held one hand across his abdomen as if he was in pain and breathing hurt him.  When he noticed the others, he raised his free hand and moaned, “Help me!  He’s gonna kill me!  Please!” 

His suit was a mess, tie gone, jacket missing buttons, one sleeve torn half off.  His pants were soiled; wet down the front where he had urinated on himself in fear for his life.  He was missing one loafer and the stockinged foot was also bloody.  His hair stood out in clumps, the gel still holding parts of it together.  And he smelled... scorched.

Several of the students started to get up, but the guard threw out his hand making them sit back down.  “Stay.  I’ll handle this.”  The man strode swiftly across the littered floor to the boy. 

Cord looked up as the guard neared him.  “You gotta gun?  ‘Cause you’re gonna need it.  I don’t know what the fuck that guy is, but he ain’t human.”  As the guard frowned and helped Cord to his feet, he added, “He’s unbelievably strong and he can throw green fire.”

Several of the other students tittered; Cord had obviously lost it.  But Liberty only gasped, her hand over her face and she looked stunned.  She sat back in her chair with a plop.  Purity stared at her with a frown; the other girl looked shocked and sick.

“Are you okay, Lib?  You look like you’ve seen a ghost!” 

Liberty shook her head no.  She was remembering an afternoon in the park.  “Oh, my God, it’s true!  Everything he said.  It’s all true!”

“What?”  Purity frowned, confused.  It sounded like Libby actually believed that craziness Cord was spouting.  She looked up to where her boyfriend was limping toward the group, held up by the guard.  Her eyes popped and she screamed.  Several of the other students leaped up, too, all staring toward the kitchen.

A brilliant flare of verdant light had just lit up the windows in the swinging doors.  And now there was a flickering, crackling glow that grew in intensity as they watched.  Several kids later said they heard what sounded like someone screaming in anger over the sound of the flames now roaring in the next room. 

Instant panic ensued, everyone running for the doors to the entrance portico.  They didn’t make it.  Flames erupted just behind the doors and smoke began to ooze under the edges. 
“Ohmygod, we’re trapped,” someone shouted.

The guard ran to the doors and peeked through the glass to see if they could make it.  He couldn’t believe what he saw and even after being rescued insisted it must have been Molotov cocktails.  What he’d actually seen was an enraged Loki, standing just inside the outer doors and tossing balls of green, sorcerous fire at anything he thought would burn.  He never seemed to notice the guard in the window and turned with a wild, evil grin to walk outside.

Somehow, the guard had the presence of mind to radio for help and to tell his fellows to apprehend the boy who was just now exiting the building.  He was the arsonist, the guard had seen him with his own eyes.  He turned back to the group of scared kids to try and find them all another way out.

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
Re: [Loki] The Error of His Ways (G) chapter 12 ONG 06/06/2014
« Reply #43 on: Fri, Jun 06, 2014, 11:18 AM »
Love the chapter, even though it was kinda evil of you to stop right there. :ggrin

It looks like Loki's really lost it.  I mean, wasn't he supposed to pretend that he's a human being?  It's just a car!  Granted, it's a Lambo, but Loki's filthy rich, he can easily get it repaired.  Loki really needs to get his temper under control.  Now he's probably ruined everything.  But then again, Loki always loses, doesn't he?

I can hardly wait for the next update...

my fanfics

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
Re: [Loki] The Error of His Ways (G) chapter 12 ONG 06/06/20114
« Reply #44 on: Fri, Jun 06, 2014, 11:29 AM »
 ;D  maybe tomorrow... if I'm feeling generous.   :evillol

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
Re: [Loki] The Error of His Ways (PG-13) chapter 13 ONG 06/07/20114
« Reply #45 on: Sat, Jun 07, 2014, 05:10 AM »
The cool air of the night striking his face brought Loki back from the magical place his mind had gone.  He shook his head to clear it and hurried down the steps toward where his car was parked and where he’d left Liberty.  She did not need to see or hear what was coming. 

Halfway there, he stopped and searched the area.  She wasn’t there; not in the car or beside it, not with any of the groups of people milling about.  He turned to look at the burning building, aghast.  She hadn’t listened.

“No,” he moaned and ran back toward the hall.  He almost it made to the doors when he was grabbed by two guards and immediately tazed.  Stunned, he fell to the ground before he could protest. 

A short time later, more quickly than the guards realised, he came to.  And found himself cuffed in the back of a police cruiser.  If they had known who they had locked in that car, they would never have left him unattended.  But they didn’t, and were needed to help control the kids outside, move vehicles out of the firetrucks’ way and keep everyone else from getting too close to the blazing building.

Loki struggled to get himself upright, squirming around on the slippery, hard plastic, molded seat until he could see what was happening.  It was not easy with his hands cuffed behind his back.  He saw groups of people wandering about and more standing behind a line of yellow tape watching the fire. 

There were big, shiny, red trucks parked close to the blaze and it was hard to see around or through them, the streams of water and the smoke.  Lots of men in turnout gear hauling hoses or pouring water on the burning building.  Police and security people watching everyone else.  Everyone between him and the flickering blaze of the fire appeared as silhouettes. 

He wriggled a bit more to turn and look over the crowd.  There were chaperones, mostly teachers and a few parents, keeping the students together and away from the men working.  He watched them all closely for a few moments, but the one he wished to see was not amongst them.  Several of the girls were crying, clinging to each other or adults. 

Somehow he knew; there were more people trapped in the building than he’d planned and he had a horrible suspicion Liberty was in there, too.  He had to save her.  Which meant first he must free himself.

The young god straightened and sat quiet, his head drooping.  If anyone had bothered to glance his way, they would have simply thought he was regretting his actions.  But that was not what was happening. 

Loki was gathering his strength and raising his sorcery.  He took a deep breath and his fingers moved in a specific pattern, his wrists twisting back and forth.  The cuffs fell open and he sighed in relief.  Now to extricate himself from the vehicle.  Much easier.  He simply leaned back and cocked one leg, then slammed his foot against the door just below the latch.

The door flew open so hard, it jumped right off the hinges and fell to the ground with a loud clang.  Loki followed, immediately heading right for the flames now shooting out of the main doors.  He ducked under the yellow tape so quickly no one had a chance to stop him. 

An officer yelled to the nearest firemen, “Hey!  Stop that kid!” 

Two of them turned, one dropping the hose he was dragging and they reached for the running young man.  Loki simply thrust out his arms as he passed between them and they flew back.  Observers and one of the firemen later insisted he had never touched them even though the men landed on their butts a good ten to fifteen feet to each side. 

More people yelled for him to stop, come back, it was too late, he couldn’t help, he was only going to get himself killed.  Loki never even heard them.  The flames were calling him now and if anyone had been able to see his face, it would have frightened them more than the fire. 

He wore a wide, tooth-baring grin, an excited, almost delighted expression and his eyes had darkened and glowed with green fire.  So did his hands, a ball of faint greenish light glowing around his fingers.  He reached the doors and flung them back by flinging his arms forward with a snap of the wrist at the extent.  His hands never touched the panels. 

As he passed through them, his appearance changed.  Longer hair, slicked straight back, fell almost to his shoulders.  The tux morphed into an unusual outfit of green linen and black leather topped by a long, split back surcoat.  His shiny loafers had become knee-high black boots and a gold torc hung on his chest.

Enveloped by the flames now, almost caressingly so, he confidently strode through the blaze and vanished inside.  Adults gasped and some cried out in shock.  Girls screamed and burst into tears. 

No one could believe they had just seen the newest senior throw himself into the burning building to go after others.  Loki?  The supercilious,  standoffish loner who had made it abundantly clear everyone else was beneath him?

Minutes went by; minutes that felt like hours to the people outside.  Would they ever see any of their friends and classmates again?  They clung to each other in fear and hope, even the boys holding hands or with arms around shoulders.  Many were openly crying. 

More police arrived and several ambulances.  The EMTs and paramedics jumped out loaded down with equipment.  They moved swiftly through the throng of shocky, upset students and adults.  They checked those that seemed the most upset and kept close watch on the fire crew.  Occasionally, a sooty, sweaty firefighter would come to the back of a rig and suck on some oxygen, receive a drink of electrolyte fortified water and have his blood pressure checked.

The police had opened up a corridor in the parking lot and down the hall’s drive, so the ambulances and anyone wishing to leave could do so.  Parents of students that had picked up on the first news of the catastrophe began to arrive, directed to the cluster of kids by the officers. 

But none of the party goers would leave.  Not until they had learned their fellow students’ fates.  They clustered together at the far end of the lot, some praying, others just staring, all waiting for word.

Offline Tiberius

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #46 on: Sat, Jun 07, 2014, 05:35 AM »
Cool updates! Love your story!
I'm so curious how things are going to turn out.

Does that Loki is trying to save Liberty mean that he actually learned part of the lection Odin sent him to earth for?
Can the fire truly hurt him? I don't think, after all he's a god of fire.

[...]  But then again, Loki always loses, doesn't he?

Seems to be his fate. But I sometimes find myself wishing he should win :grin
That's what I liked about the ending of Thor The Dark Kingdom. Loki actually won. He became king, even if it's by taking Odin's shape after he probably killed Odin.
« Last Edit: Sat, Jun 07, 2014, 09:49 AM by Tiberius »

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
Re: [Loki] The Error of His Ways (PG-13) chapter 13 ONG 06/07/2014
« Reply #47 on: Sat, Jun 07, 2014, 07:06 AM »
Love the update.

Quote from: Tiberius
That's what I liked about the ending of Thor The Dark Kingdom. Loki actually won. He became king, even if it's by taking Odin's shape after he probably killed Odin.

I don't think Loki "won" in Thor: The Dark Kingdom.  Apart from the fact that he wasn't really the villain in that movie, IMO he only would've "won" if he'd somehow inherited the throne from Odin.  But here, he's just disguised as Odin, so nobody knows that it's not Odin, but Loki who's sitting on the throne.  I don't think that's how Loki wants it.  Don't forget, he's a diva, and he needs an audience.  But I guess we'll have to wait a couple of years till the next movie, to find out about it.

Back to the story: I hope that, when all is said and done, the authorities will be lenient toward Loki because he helped save the trapped students.

I also wanted you to know that I love the names you chose for the characters.

I mean, Chastity, Liberty, Purity, Patience, Harmony... :giggle

Love the pic you posted.  Is it from one of the movies?  I don't recall seeing such a raging fire...

my fanfics

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
« Reply #48 on: Sat, Jun 07, 2014, 11:02 AM »
Loki sort of 'won' in TTDW.  He got what he wanted, even if not the way he originally planned.  And he loves pulling one over on Thor.

Thor 3 is due to come out in 2016.  Loki is a major player in that one, too.  I've heard rumours it deals with the fall of Asgard and Loki's true death.  We'll have to wait and see. 

Don't forget the guys' names, Monty.  Dexter means right, Cord is short for Accord, Loyal, her father, Major, etc.  All nice, correct, middle America type names (with a slight moral majority twist). 

As for authorities... he'll have to deal with the only one that matters... his mother.

PS:  Found the pic on deviantart, Monty.  Not from a movie. 
       No, the fire can't hurt him, Tib.  You are correct... he is the god of Air and Fire.

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
Re: [Loki] The Error of His Ways (PG-13) chapter 14 ONG 06/09/20114
« Reply #49 on: Mon, Jun 09, 2014, 06:15 AM »
Loki moved through the darkened hall, one arm flung up across his lower face.  He ignored the flames that reached for him, licking lovingly at his lithe form.  The arm not covering his face was stretched before him and he swept his hand back and forth, clearing the smoke-filled air so he could see. 

Slapping open the doors to the main dining room, he stopped in confusion.  No one was immediately visible and he dropped his arm to call out for Liberty.  He moved further into the room listening.  All he heard was the roar of the fire and the hiss and crackle of burning things.

There came a muffled boom and his head swung toward the kitchen.  Something in there had exploded.  And now there sounded a hissing roar and gouts of blue flame shot up to reflect in the melting glass of the windows in the doors.  Gas. 

He frowned and his head tilted to the side.  There was no other way out of the room he stood in except through the kitchen.  Would the guard have tried to take the students that way?  The only way to know would be to attempt it himself.  He rushed over and thrust out greenly glowing hands flinging the doors wide. 

The infusion of fresher air with more oxygen made the flames leap higher.  Squinting against the brighter glare, Loki still saw no one.  Then a reflection to one side caught his eye.  The walk-in.  It was a possibility.

The outside of the big refrigerator was very hot and the young god looked for something to hold the door open.  It looked slightly warped from the heat and he didn’t want it jamming on him.  A long serving tray would do, he thought.  Lifting one with a hiss of burned fingers, Loki yanked on the handle and stuck the tray between the hinges.

A tight group of very scared, sooty people crowded the back of the tiny room.  “Liberty?” he questioned. 

“Oh, my God, Loki!” someone choked and several people began to cough from the smoke now oozing into the walk-in.  The guard frowned, unsure but thinking this was the same kid he’d seen before.  He looked different now, older and what was he wearing?  Was that armour?

Charity pushed through several others.  “She’s here, Loki.  Can we get out now?” 

Loki ignored everyone, following the sound of the redhead’s voice.  He pushed his way to the back and inhaled sharply.  Liberty was seated, leaning against the back wall and her eyes were closed, her head drooping.  He knelt before her and lifted her chin.

Her eyes fluttered open and she smiled.  “I knew you would come,” she whispered before she began to cough again. 

Loki scooped her up and turned to walk out.  “Loki,” Liberty whispered, “Can you bring us all out?” 

He frowned down on the girl in his arms.  “It would be difficult.  I’m not sure I have the strength.”

“Please try.  You can’t just let them burn to death!” 

“You could be injured.  I won’t have that.”  His eyes flashed that darker teal again. 

I couldn’t live with it if they died,” she choked. 

“Then I suppose I must,” he didn’t sound happy.  Turning back to the people still crouching in the fridge, he spoke loudly to be heard over the fire.  “You will follow me closely.  Hold on to each other so no one becomes separated.  If you do, you will be lost.” 

The guard frowned and straightened as if he were going to argue.  Loki set Liberty on her feet, ignoring him and he murmured something no one could understand.  As he did, his hands also moved in complicated patterns and a faint green nebula began to grow around him. 

It expanded to make a large bubble of clear, cool air.  As soon as the others recognised it, they moved as close as they could so all were surrounded.  A couple looked at each other in wonderment, but no one complained. Two other boys supported Cord between them.

Loki sighed and staggered for a second.  Catching his balance, he scooped Liberty up again and turned for the doors outside.  “Hurry, now.  I can’t hold this for long.  Oh, and I wouldn’t mention it to anyone outside.  They’d never believe you anyway.”

He strode across the kitchen and then the dining room like a conquering hero.  Head up, back straight, a long, bouncy stride to his walk.  And, Liberty noted, a pleased, if strained expression on his face. 

Loki was beginning to sweat by the time he made the outer doors.  His arms shook slightly and he was breathing heavily.  Liberty realised whatever he was doing to keep the flames back was taking a lot of energy.  She hoped they could make it and clung closer to his chest.

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
Re: [Loki] The Error of His Ways (PG-13) chapter 14 ONG 06/09/2014
« Reply #50 on: Mon, Jun 09, 2014, 07:03 AM »
After Loki started the fire, attempting to rescue the students is the least he can do.

I wonder if the students will really keep quiet about the way Loki rescued them.  I don't think so.  But Loki's right, most likely nobody'd believe 'em.

He strode across the kitchen and then the dining room like a conquering hero.  Head up, back straight, a long, bouncy stride to his walk.

lol As I said, he's a diva. :giggle

Can't wait for the next chapter!

my fanfics

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
« Reply #51 on: Mon, Jun 09, 2014, 07:34 AM »
Do you really think he cares about them?  The only reason he did it was for Liberty, to impress her.  Because he likes her.

They might talk amongst themselves, but I doubt they'd say anything to anyone in authority.
More likely, he'll become one of those silly 'urban legends.' 

Of course, he is!

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
« Reply #52 on: Mon, Jun 09, 2014, 08:22 AM »
Do you really think he cares about them?  The only reason he did it was for Liberty, to impress her.  Because he likes her.

Of course Loki rescued those students only because Liberty told him she couldn't live with it if the others died.  If she hadn't been trapped in the house with the others, he'd probably just up and left.  I'm sure he doesn't feel not even the slightest bit of remorse about what he's done.  But doesn't he have to stay in that backwater town until Odin allows him to come home?  So unless Loki wants to stay there forever, he has to at least pretend that he cares, doesn't he?

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
Re: [Loki] The Error of His Ways (PG-13) chapter 15 FIN 06/11/2014
« Reply #53 on: Wed, Jun 11, 2014, 05:07 AM »
That wasn't the lesson he was sent to learn, Monty.  Odin doesn't really care about mortals much, either.  Loki was supposed to learn humility, and because Liberty likes him for himself, not who and what he is, he has tried with her, at least.  Now, for the finish...

The blaze still wasn’t under control when the main doors burst open one more time.  People gasped and pointed, shocked and amazed at the strange apparition that had appeared backlit by the raging inferno.  It appeared to be a man with someone in his arms striding through the flames.

Flames that bent away from his body and the group of coughing, staggering people behind him.  A greenish, swirling aura surrounded the entire cluster of bodies rushing out into the night.  It faded away as the dark figure moved forward and down the steps. 

Fire personnel rushed forward, paramedics at their heels, to grab and lead the rescued to fresh air, oxygen and medical care.  A fireman yelled to the man carrying the girl, “Is that all of them?” 

Loki glanced behind himself and nodded, replying, “All I could find.”  He then continued to a clear space away from the hubbub and lay Liberty on a patch of grass.  The security guard who’d originally called for his capture was no longer sure he was the same man and avoided the police’s questions for the time being.  He was busy sucking on some oxygen himself.

The fire chief headed to the group, getting names and checking them off a list he held on a small whiteboard.  Seeing everyone under medical care, he handed the board to an assistant who trotted over to the anxious group of classmates and parents.  That man stood with the others clustering around and read the names off. 

He looked up at the relieved faces and checked to make sure no one had been missed.  Satisfied everyone was out, he tucked his head down and yelled into his handheld.  “Got ‘em all, Chief!”  He sounded just as glad and relieved as the group he was with.

One of the waiting students was frowning over at the person kneeling over Liberty.  “Hey!  Is that Loki?  He looks different.”  Several heads turned to look.

“Yeah, that’s not what he was wearing earlier, I’m pretty sure.  It does look like him, though.” 

Someone else remarked, “That is definitely Liberty.  She was his date.”

A pair of EMTs hustled over to the couple carrying a portable canister of oxygen and a standard kit.  As one knelt, saying they would take over now, Loki’s head turned.  “Please move back, sir. We’ll assess her and see what she needs.”

He scowled and snarled at the two anxious people.  “Back off.  She’s mine and I know what I’m doing.”  The strange young man’s eyes blazed and the medics unconsciously obeyed the command in his voice.  They stood and simply watched, confused.

Kneeling beside Liberty, Loki cupped his hands and rolled them around each other, a gold apple appearing in one.  He took a small bite and leaned close over her face.  He put the small piece in her mouth and sat back on his haunches.

Before her eyes even opened, Liberty sucked on the piece of fruit and smiled.  “It tastes like honey and... you.”  A finger touched her lips and she chewed and swallowed the sliver Loki had kissed into her mouth.  “I feel so... alive.”

“The effect they are meant to have.”

“I thought I was dreaming.”

“I’m no dream, darling.  But I’m not what you think, either.” 

“Yes, you are.  You’re Loki... the real Loki.  You said there was only one of you.”

“Eh, heh, heh.  You’re delirious, sweet one.”

“You are my Prince Charming.  You saved me.” 

“Were I not promised to another, I would steal you away and bring you home with me, sweet lady.”  One hand around her shoulders, the other holding her hand, Loki assisted Liberty in sitting up.  Realising the young woman was not injured, the medics moved away to help with the other fire victims. 

Concerned with his mortal friend, Loki hadn’t noticed the long, black limo sitting with the other parents’ vehicles.  Hearing his name called in a very familiar sounding voice, his head snapped up and he glanced around.  Liberty saw he was looking for someone and she reluctantly let go as he stood and continued to search the crowd. 

She was surprised to see him jolt and take a step back as a tall, elegant woman in a long gown approached.  Her long, honey gold hair was piled on top of her head in elaborate braids and curls and she glittered with the gems in it, at her throat and in her ears.  Stepping delicately, she held the skirt of her gown and long cape in one hand.

He inhaled sharp and hard, a concerned, uncomfortable look on his face.  As the woman came closer, they saw her smile, rather fondly and her eyes sparkled.  She shook her head slightly, obviously a mother softly admonishing a wayward son that had put a mistake right at last.

Loki stiffened and swallowed, looking more nervous than Liberty had ever seen.  What had happened to the bold, confident young man she knew?  This scared boy was not him.

“You always have to do things in your own way, Loki.  Such a mess,” Frigga tsked.   

Loki immediately stepped forward, bowing over the proffered hand and softly kissing the back.  “Mother,”  he murmured.  “My Queen.”  He was rather pale, Liberty thought. 

He straightened and the woman moved forward to embrace him.  Arms around her in return, he smiled down and whispered, “How much have you seen?”

She pushed him back, still holding his arms.  “Heimdall and I have kept a close watch over you, my son.  Did you really think I would allow your father to simply drop you here and abandon you?”

Loki’s head fell.  “No, Mother.  Of course not.  It’s just...”

“I have seen all I need to know, Loki.  You have made mistakes, true.  But you have grasped the lesson you were sent here to learn.  It’s time to come home, my son.” 

“In just a moment, Mother.  I’d like to say goodbye, if I may.”  Loki looked back at a goggle-eyed Liberty.  “She reminds me of Sigyn.”

Surprised and pleased, Frigga, Queen of Asgard, smiled at her adopted son and nodded, allowing him his farewell. 

Loki knelt down to where Liberty now sat.   Before he could speak, Liberty hushed him with a finger to his lips and a smile.  “I know.   You have to go.  That’s your mom?  She’s beautiful.  And very regal.”  He seemed surprised she understood.

“No more than you, sweet Liberty.  I shall not forget you.”  He dug in a pocket.  “Here, take these.  It’s nowhere near what you are due, but it’s the best I can offer at the moment.”  The tiny clink and cold, hard touch of metal made Liberty understand he was giving her the keys to the Lamborghini. 

She looked up from the small object in her hand to his face.  He was smiling, as always, but his eyes looked sad.  “Thank you,” she whispered.  Frowning, her empty hand stretched forward and brushed down his chest.  “This is how you normally dress, isn’t it?  Leather and... and armour?”

“When outside my private chambers, yes.”

“It suits you.  And I like the longer hair.  You look older than I thought you were.”

Loki sighed.  “I am, much older than you could imagine.”  He cocked his head to the side and back, then smiled.  “Our ages are nearly comparable, though I was born by your calendar in the year 965 AD.”

Liberty gasped, her mouth a silent ‘o’ of surprise.  Before she could say anything, they were joined by several of the chaperones, all teachers of the senior class.  Loki stood and faced them, now wearing a guarded expression. 

A couple looked him over with confused expressions.  He was dressed so oddly, not what they thought they remembered.  But somehow, the rather medieval looking costume fit him.

The senior class counselor extended his hand.  “We wanted to thank you.  That was a very brave, if crazy thing you just did.”

“Really, it was nothing anyone else wouldn’t have done.”

“You risked your life to save them!” One of the women blurted.  She suddenly lunged forward and hugged him. 

Loki went stiff and his brows rose.  “Eh, heh, heh.”  He gently disengaged from her.  “Truthfully?  I never thought about it.” 

One of the other teachers saw the tall lady watching from a small distance away and asked, “Is that your mother?  She’s very elegant... and beautiful.” 

Loki turned back to see Frigga smile indulgently and she nodded slightly.  “Yes, she is.  I’m afraid I must take my leave of you now.  If someone could please see Liberty gets home safely?  She has just acquired a new car.”  He walked away after giving his trademark bow and handed the lovely lady into the back of the limo before joining her. 

Liberty watched him go with a sad sigh.  She knew she’d never see her Norse god again.  But she would always remember.

~FINI~

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
« Reply #54 on: Wed, Jun 11, 2014, 10:17 AM »
Love the ending.  Great story, I had a great time reading it, thank you for posting!

It was a bit short though... ;)

my fanfics

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
« Reply #55 on: Wed, Jun 11, 2014, 11:58 AM »
lmao   You're quite welcome.  Glad you enjoyed it.

Offline Tiberius

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #56 on: Thu, Jun 12, 2014, 06:37 AM »
Great ending! I loved reading the story.

Recently I've been thinking about Riddick/Loki slash ... Is there any chance you might write more of that? :grin
« Last Edit: Thu, Jun 12, 2014, 06:41 AM by Tiberius »

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
« Reply #57 on: Thu, Jun 12, 2014, 09:25 AM »
any ideas, Tib?

Offline Tiberius

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #58 on: Thu, Jun 12, 2014, 02:26 PM »
Don't know. Maybe something from mythology?

Like the binding of Loki:
On some planet in a cave Riddick finds the bound Loki who's been there since centuries. There's no Sigyn in this interpretation of the myth, so Loki is kinda hurt and fucked up from the venom. Riddick kills the snake and frees him. Then he helps Loki to get better, which would probably be some hurt/comfort stuff with slash.
Maybe the story eventually ends with Ragnarök since Loki is so pissed at the Aesir? :devil2 there's nothing like a good apocalypse ... :noangel

Then there's the story with Svadilfari and Sleipnir, but that doesn't make for a good crossover. The same with Angrboda and Loki's and her children.

The stuff with Loki eating a burnt witch heart and getting pregnant (?) with monsters has a little more potential for a Riddick crossover, but I don't have good idea for it.
 :couch
« Last Edit: Thu, Jun 12, 2014, 02:29 PM by Tiberius »