Author Topic: [LOKI] Burn It Down (NC-17) FIN Chapter 15 05/18/2014  (Read 339 times)

Offline Tiberius

• Supreme VXer
Re: [LOKI] Burn It Down (NC-17) ONG Chapter 9 05/05/2014
« Reply #30 on: Mon, May 05, 2014, 09:22 AM »
It's the same chapter as last time :hide

Offline Wilde

• Dom's Desire
  • Wilde Furyan at your service =~.^=
    • Facebook
    • My Forever Furyan Facebook personal profile page
« Reply #31 on: Mon, May 05, 2014, 09:38 AM »
1st comment that I wish to elaborate on a factual point, if I may, thank you sincerely Bani, for crediting Stallions for being the wonderful mounts that they truly are.... Mares are temper((MENTAL)) and Geldings are ((can be)) extremely boring where Stallions in fact are the best to form a relationship with as they always strive to do better and truly care for their human as Family with dignity and respect. In herd dynamics, the Stallion is usually the lowest member of the pack and the leaders is always a head mare, so by nature they are always competing for appreciation and attention. Stallions are my favorite horses to work with and to the day are the most mis~understood of all of the horses. Thank you for holding Stallions is such a glorious and dignified light <3 I absolutely LOVE this entire writing and still rereading, atm. ((just had to take a short break, adhd kicking in and all.... haha)) today I began with listening to LP's song and began reading your story from the very, very beginning ~ completely and totally epic!!!!

kinda sorta a Bani "Burn it Down" Matinee day for me =^.^= guess you could say
« Last Edit: Mon, May 05, 2014, 09:47 AM by Wilde »

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
« Reply #32 on: Mon, May 05, 2014, 10:16 AM »
Oops, sorry Tib.  fixed!

Wilde... I have owned each kind of horse, several from the day they were born.  I agree with you, conditionally.
A stallion can be the most enjoyable mount, with the most energy and power of all... if he is raised and trained properly.
If not they can be a horror; unruly, temperamental and truly dangerous. 

Offline Wilde

• Dom's Desire
    • Facebook
« Reply #33 on: Wed, May 07, 2014, 07:56 AM »
Bani I am just like you there but to me a Stallion, well any horse for that matter, can be reached or at least I hope to think so. Their biggest issue always seems to be trust because of peoples different methods of training, or not, to "break" or to "train" ~ you and I both know HUGE difference. Horses can be motivated by fear and the whip OR they can be motivated because they want to make their human happy.... To me the stallions whom have been burned by Humans are my Favorite to work with because they can and do learn that trust. This does only happen over a lot of time but it is such a beautiful thing that when the moment comes, when they finally realize that you respect them and are asking them to do things, like family acceptance, they run to that, they Love it. I have heard of some that people say are not save~able but honestly I have not met one yet. Even since I was a child, a young girl, I have always said "If it is a Horse, I can train him or her" and gentling Stallions seems what I do the best :) Some folks to this day do call me a "Horse Whisperer". I must say it feels so much an honor to be regarded as such especially by the Horses who do choose to give me their trust to make people think such things. <3
WiLdE n free & will always be <3 =^.~=

Offline Wilde

• Dom's Desire
    • Facebook
« Reply #34 on: Wed, May 07, 2014, 08:07 AM »
Loki, Loki, Loki, Loki.... >.<; seducing her to use her.... I do hope that she is not as naive as she seems and that she has somekind of surprise defense prepped

Offline Wilde

• Dom's Desire
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: Wed, May 07, 2014, 08:48 AM »
I do hope that Fríðurs teachers are not to hard on her >.<;

arRrRrRrRrghh Loki!!! xD

Offline Montgomery Burns 13

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
  • Every hero needs a formidable villain
« Reply #36 on: Wed, May 07, 2014, 12:24 PM »
Love the chapters. I love the way you describe Loki and Friour's journey to Midgard. I thought the scene where they use the "tiny room with mirrored walls" was hilarious. To Friour these very common things must indeed seem strange and wondrous, or sometimes even scary. I still don't really understand why Loki took Friour with him on the trip though, apart from her being his playmate, that is.

Anyway, I love your story, you have such a vivid imagination. Keep up the good work!

Who needs love when you've got a gun, who needs love to have some fun. Black Flag
Feelings are overrated. Dean Winchester

my fanfics

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: Wed, May 07, 2014, 01:03 PM »
that one was fun to write. Monty!  I was trying to get across the reaction of someone who had never been exposed to such 'modern conveniences'.

Loki took her to show her all the 'wonderful' things technology can do, to influence her mind to help him.  It doesn't work.

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
Re: [LOKI] Burn It Down (NC-17) ONG Chapter 10 05/07/2014
« Reply #38 on: Wed, May 07, 2014, 01:24 PM »
Loki now returned to his own quarters to bathe and change his clothes.  He’d always appeared before the elf impeccably groomed and he wanted her to keep thinking of him as different from the others.  No sweaty, travel-stained or battle-torn garments for him.  He was a magician, not some rough and tumble fighter with no regard for a lady’s sensibilities.

Friour was, naturally, delighted to see him.  Not expecting his arrival, she met him at her door in only a dressing gown.  Blushing, the elf maid let her god in and asked his forgiveness to go and clothe herself properly. 

“No, sweetling.  Stay the way you are.  I rather like the disheveled look.”  His hungry smile and the glint in his eye took her breath for a moment.  He still wanted her and she trembled in anticipation.  No man had ever loved her like he did.  Loki exhausted the elf, but it was such sweet lassitude. 

“Of course.  As you wish, Loki.”  Friour smiled and when he settled on a lounge, she curled up next to him contentedly. 

They spent the next hour discussing her trip and all that she had seen.  Loki questioned her severely, insisting on having her thoughts on every marvel and accomplishment the Midgardians had achieved.  He wanted to be sure she would go home and instigate change, keeping her people’s minds and eyes far from where he would be modifying their world.

The princess was unsure at first, afraid of angering him.  He’d done so much for her already.   But Loki petted her and kissed her, soothing her concern.  He really wanted to know what she thought, how she felt, he said. 

“If you are certain, my Lord.”  Friour still hesitated.

She knew he had no objection to science and technology.  How could she tell him those things were acceptable for the humans, whereas her people were so much closer to nature they could not treat the earth so callously.  And though she appreciated the wonders the Midgardians had created, they had also caused as much damage to their world.  The alfar would never agree to such alterations; they couldn’t.   It would be too painful.

“What would be the purpose of all the time I’ve spent educating you if you cannot form an opinion of your own?” he murmured, a bit waspishly. 

Friour inhaled a quick little breath and attempted to pull away, but he held her close.  “You need not fear my response, sweetling.  Tell me.  This is no time to be shy.  Be candid.”  His hand closed on her breast and he fondled the nipple in just that way that made her squirm and instantly moisten.

“Oh, Loki!” she sighed.  “I can hardly think at all when you touch me like that.” 

“Then don’t think.  Just say what comes to mind.”  Now his other hand cupped her mound, and he opened her gown to lay soft kisses down her throat and over her bosom.

“Oh, God,” the elf maid moaned.

“I’m here, sweetling.  Talk to me.”  Friour gasped and moaned again, helpless to resist.  Loki chuckled and stood with her in his arms.  He kept kissing and sucking on her sweet, pale flesh as he carried her into her bedroom and lay her on the mattress.

He whispered the names of various places they’d gone while still teasing her.  Mouth tormenting one breast, “Paris,” he breathed.  Moving to the other, he whispered, “Nice.”  Friour mumbled how much she had enjoyed the sights, the new foods, the train ride.  She loved the beach, she gasped.  Wishing Alfheim had such a warm and sunny shore, she claimed she could live in such a place quite gladly.

“And the ocean, darling?  The sea voyage?”  He lay a line of soft, sucking kisses down her stomach.  “New York?  San Francisco?” 

He had parted her thighs and breathed over her mons, but now he stopped and held her open, just watching her face.  “Oh, God!” she wailed again.

He only cocked his head and smiled that evil little smirk.  Friour writhed in unfulfilled need, and cried out.   “Please, Loki!” 

“Tell me what I want to hear, girl.  You’ve seen much.  Have you learned nothing from all our time together?”  Loki let go of her thighs and sat back.  She opened her eyes and stared up at him.  She was shocked to see a frown.

“Well?”  Friour swallowed and propped herself on her elbows.  He sounded so cold and obviously, he was displeased.

“What have I done, Loki?”  She tried to cover herself, but he grabbed the sides of her gown and held them away from her body so she stayed exposed to his sight.  With her arms pinned she was unable to move away from him, which frightened and embarrassed her.  Except for his coat, the god was still fully dressed.

“Apparently nothing.”  Throwing the halves of her robe over her body, Loki lunged to his feet and stalked to the opposite side of her bedroom.  He stood staring out a window, stiff with annoyance. 

“Loki... please, my Lord.  I don’t know what you want me to say.”  Friour wept, anguished and now confused. 

“Tell me that you learned something.  Or have I simply wasted all my time on you?”  He waved an indifferent hand.  “Not the magic.  You did well there, as I knew you would.  Surely you saw some benefit in all that I showed you?” 

Now he turned back and his eyes flashed teal in the dimness.  The elf gasped and cringed.  He was truly angry with her.  “You can’t really prefer to go back and live in the squalor that Freyr and your father call a ‘castle’?”  He snorted in disgust.  “Won’t you at least miss running water?”

“Oh, Loki!  It’s not that I can’t see the benefits to some of it.  I do.  It’s just... it isn’t worth the damage caused.  And the alfar would see and feel it all.  It pains us when our world hurts.”  She lowered her head in sorrow.  For his aspect had only grown colder as she spoke and the room had darkened even more. 

“Then perhaps it’s best if you return there.  If that is your position, you are no longer useful to me.”

“Useful?” she gasped.  “You... feel nothing?”  Friour suddenly remembered what he had said about the youth, Erik.  He had been ‘useful’... and Loki threw him away as soon as he was no longer.

“What, did you truly believe I would keep you?” 

“That was unkind, my Lord.  I did think you cared...” Sobbing, she turned away.

“Foolish wench; I am a married man.” 

Friour’s back stiffened and she whipped back to stare furiously.  “I am a princess, not some serving girl to be used to warm your bed and ignored in the morning!”

(Evil laugh),  “You’re just an elf... and I am a god!”

“Are you?  You’re behaving more like a monster.”

“Well, I am the monster parents tell their children about at night.  You should have listened to your mother, girl.  She was right.  I have earned the reputation I have.  In fact, I’ve worked rather hard at it.”

Shocked that he knew of her talk with her mother, Friour clenched her hands and spat at the man facing her.  “You will regret this, thief!  You’ve stolen from me.  My magic, my innocence... my...  heart.  I will see that you pay for it!”

“Don’t threaten me, child.  I will destroy you.  Slowly... but first, I’m going to ruin everything you love.  And even better, you’re going to help.” 

The god took two swift steps and enfolded the princess in his arms.  Grinning nastily, he ignored her attempts to free herself.  No matter how she kicked and punched or pushed against him, Friour was no match for Loki’s strength.  Especially now, when anger had raised his power.

Next she knew, they stood in the middle of deep forest, up to their knees in snow.  The elf maid shivered when the icy wind swirled around them.  Loki didn’t seem to feel it at all. 

Holding her firmly by one arm, he whipped off his cloak and flung it on the ground.  Using the same hand, he began to unlace his breeches.  Friour’s eyes grew huge and she struggled harder. 

She knew what he planned and wanted no part of it.  Screaming, she tried to scratch his face, but he simply threw her onto his cloak.  “Noooo! Please, Loki!  Don’t do this!”  He slapped her hands away as he fell on her, a cruel sneer on his handsome visage. 

“I do what I want.  Try to stop this and I will hurt you.”  He forced his knees between hers and spread her legs, pulling apart her robe.  One hand held her wrists pinned above her head. 

Sobbing in fear and humiliation, the elf maid closed her eyes and turned her face aside.  In that instant, she forgot all that she had learned about protecting herself from a sorcerous attack in her shame and distress.  The physical assault made it even worse.  She could not believe he would treat her thus; he’d always been so gentle and kind.

When he had finished, Loki stood and moved away a short distance.  He didn’t even bother to take back his cloak.  Friour curled in on herself, wrapping the material around her bruised and depleted body.  The god had sucked all the energy produced during their sex from her and now he glowed with the added power he’d gained.  A fluid nimbus swirled around him in pale shades of gold and green.

Even as she watched, he raised his hands before himself and suddenly flung one out, then turned and repeated his action in the opposite direction.  Green fire shot forth from his palms and struck the trees, instantly bursting into flames that climbed the branches, crackling and popping. 

Loki glanced over his shoulder at the elven maid, laughed in evil glee and vanished.  Friour grabbed her head and wailed as she felt the forest shudder and moan in pain.  Even before she recovered from the first blows, she sensed another and then another, each further away.  It was apparent, he’d meant exactly what he’d said.  He was going to destroy her home.

The elf princess writhed in pain and staggered to her feet.  She had to find water, somewhere to escape the inferno the god had started.  Hopefully, she could then find some forest creature swifter than herself and send it to a warden for help.

Friour struggled through the deep drifts until she came to a heavier stand of trees.  Luckily the wind was blowing the flames away from her and she rushed down the slope as quickly as she was able, slipping and falling, then scrambling to her feet to run until she fell again.  Somehow, she managed to keep the long, dark green cloak wrapped around her.

Reaching the valley floor, she almost stumbled right into the shallow brook that flowed along the bottom.  Just barely able to keep her feet, she knelt and dipped one hand into the frigid water.  She sipped it and as she went to take a second cupped palmful, she glanced up and saw two hinds further downstream. 

Sobbing in relief, she closed her eyes and Called to them.  The deer lifted their heads, ears flicking nervously and stared upstream to where the elf knelt at the stream’s edge.  One stamped in alarm, frightened by more than the flames.  The second one snorted and the pair bounded away, headed down the valley and, she hoped, toward one of the elves’ forest wardens. 

It was the best she could do for the moment.  Now, she must save herself.  Even though she knew it would chill her and sap her remaining strength, she soaked Loki’s cape in the cold brook before again wrapping it around her slender body.  Friour shivered and took a deep breath of already heated and ash laden air.  She stepped into the shallows, crossed to the far side and followed the path to civilization. 

The elf maid walked all night, not knowing exactly where she was in her father’s realm.  All she knew was to stay on the trail and it would eventually lead her to people.  She didn’t know what she could do when she found some, except to repeat her warnings and hope something could be done before it was too late. 

She was a mess by the time she was discovered.  The two wardens heading up the path were on horseback, galloping quickly north toward the smoke and flames.  Friour was completely exhausted; from the cold, running to try and warn others, chilled by the damp cloth she still clutched around her shoulders.  The wet cloak had helped her to breathe through the worst parts of her journey. 

Soot in her hair and smeared over her face, her clothes ragged and filthy, feet bruised and muddy, the wardens took a moment before they recognised her.  They had immediately pulled their mounts to a halt when they came upon her, one sliding off and offering her a drink and a clean cloth for her face and hands. 

As soon as she could speak without coughing, she told them what was occurring.  They glanced between each other, unwilling to believe, but also finding it difficult to imagine the princess would speak anything but the truth.  Friour glared at the pair and snapped, “Whose cloak do you think this is, then?”  She lifted a flap of the dark green, fine material. 

The elf who’d assisted her now gave his horse to the princess, saying she must go south to Freyr’s citadel and pass the horrible news.  The elves would gather and do their best to contain the fires and save as many of the forest’s animals as they could.  He swung up behind his partner and they parted ways.

~~~~~~

Friour had not yet made it back to her father’s castle, and Heimdall had noticed the impending disaster.  He could quite clearly see the smoke from the sea of flames that now engulfed almost a third of Alfheim’s forests.  He immediately sent word to Odin and several gods with water related powers were fetched to help the elves.  Heimdall sent them via the observatory’s link directly into the palace courtyard.

Eir, Goddess of healing was the first to step forward.  Hoor, God of Winter would send his snows.  Aegir and his wife Ran, sea gods to lend water.  The only refusal came from Skathi, the Ice Queen.  A giantess, she had no love for elves and besides, she was too busy hunting, she said.  Vitharr, the forest god came as well, although his work would only begin once the conflagration had been put out. 

Freyr welcomed them all, gladly and graciously providing food and drink. They all had a lot of work before them and would require sustenance before the task was done.  King Dofri kept busy those few of his people that had not immediately headed into the wildlands to fight the fires.  They ran back and forth, keeping the palace’s stocks of food and drink handy for all who were physically battling the blazes.

Offline Wilde

• Dom's Desire
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: Wed, May 07, 2014, 02:15 PM »
I do hope young Fríður has some recourse.... <3 I do love your Style too Bani ~ exciting and very captivating

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
« Reply #40 on: Wed, May 07, 2014, 04:56 PM »
We'll see.  She is kinda messed up.  Betrayal hurts.

Thanks, Wilde.  Glad you are enjoying.

Offline Wilde

• Dom's Desire
    • Facebook
« Reply #41 on: Wed, May 07, 2014, 05:13 PM »
Yes it does but it is survivable and what does not kill you will only make you stronger ~ hope to see teh fire get turned right on his own head xD for Muspelheim hath no fury like a Woman scorned n I hope that even Loki gets to find that out....

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
« Reply #42 on: Thu, May 08, 2014, 01:01 PM »
Love the update. Also the pics you posted are pretty awesome. So Loki finally shows his true colors, huh? Hehe, nice.

Who needs love when you've got a gun, who needs love to have some fun. Black Flag

my fanfics

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: Thu, May 08, 2014, 03:39 PM »
As she was told... he is not a nice person.

Offline Wilde

• Dom's Desire
    • Facebook
« Reply #44 on: Thu, May 08, 2014, 05:52 PM »
At least she got a lot of real good bumpin' n grindin' out of the deal =^.^= ~ she can dust off and join up in the Big girl club if and once she heals up from this <3

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
« Reply #45 on: Thu, May 08, 2014, 07:12 PM »
I forgot to mention, Monty... those fire pics were from the Black Forest fire in Colorado Springs last summer.
I could see and smell the smoke from my house... 25 miles away.

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
« Reply #46 on: Thu, May 08, 2014, 10:16 PM »
Ugh, that's scary.

Offline Wilde

• Dom's Desire
    • Facebook
« Reply #47 on: Fri, May 09, 2014, 07:04 AM »
oh my goodness Bani, Wow!!!!

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
Re: [LOKI] Burn It Down (NC-17) ONG Chapter 11 05/10/2014
« Reply #48 on: Sat, May 10, 2014, 09:40 AM »
Meanwhile, still flushed with the power of seithr, Loki had flown back Nidavellir.  He was a little late, but he thought the dvergar wouldn’t mind.  Now full dark, they were milling about their cavern entrance, grumbling amongst themselves.  He winced slightly to himself when he heard words like ‘traitor’, ‘thief’ and ‘vengeance’ being mentioned. 

“Ho! Snorri, I’m back.  Just as I promised.  Are your people ready?”  Landing on a rock, Loki resumed his normal form and swaggered over to the head dwarf. 

“So, you have come back,” the eldest brother snarled.  “We was just about to march on Asgard.  Lookin’ fer you... an’ payment, o’ course.”  He glared up at the Trickster.  “Luck’s still holdin’ I see.”

Loki grinned, but he wasn’t pleased.  “I said I would return.  Why doesn’t anyone ever believe me?” he whined.

“Because you lie whenever ya can, Trickster. You’re a thief an’ a cheat an’ happiest when ye’ve pulled one over on sumbody.” 

Loki’s face went cold, the almost constant smile vanishing.  His eyes flashed with teal fire and a subtle, but growing nimbus of pale green flames began to surround him.  The dwarves quickly backed away from the angry God of Chaos.  No one knew what he might do if enraged.  Loki was always unpredictable at the best of times.

“Now, now.  No need t’ get yer feathers ruffled.  Ya know it’s only th’ truth.  Wasn’t meant in disrespect.”  Snorri tried to soothe him. 

Loki scowled down at the dwarf, and pressed his lips tightly together.  He exhaled forcefully through his nose and twisted his hands in a particular manner that made Snorri gasp and lean back.  But all the god had done was call forth his staff. 

“If we’re done with the pleasantries?  Gather round.” 

The dvergar reluctantly moved closer to stand in a loose group around the taller god.  He murmured something, words they did not understand and lifted the staff high.  The blue gem flashed, its bright light making the dvergar squint and cover their eyes.  When they lowered their hands, they no longer stood in Nidavellir.

Several coughed, surprised by all the ash and soot in the air.  Most immediately started stripping off the heavy cloaks and coats they wore.  Expecting the cold of Alfheim’s high, snow covered peaks, they were unprepared for the heat from the forests burning.

“What th’... where in Hel have ye brung us?”  Dori squeaked. 

“Exactly where I said I would,” Loki sneered.  “This is the far north of Alfheim.”

“I’ve even found a way to hide you until you can burrow out of sight.  I’m only looking out for your interests here.”  The god waved a hand down the valley, encompassing all the burned out forest.  “With so much to keep them busy, the alfar will never notice you now.”

Several of the dvergar had begun to move off a ways, scratching at the ashy ground and tapping boulders with their tools.  Loki glanced over the group.  “Easier to find what you seek without all that green stuff covering it up, too.  Right?” 

Snorri was about to reluctantly agree when someone whooped in glee.  Both he and Loki turned to see what the commotion was all about.  “Lookie here, mates!”  One of the dvergar was practically dancing.  “This rock... it’s th’ kinda orestone that uru comes from.  An’ that usually means diamonds, too!”

Loki smirked happily.  “See, Snorri?  I knew this would be what you’d like.”  The dwarf glared up at the smug expression on the Trickster’s face. 

“Ye’ve made one Hel o’ a mess here, Loki.  We’d best not be th’ ones blamed fer it is all.  The alfar are gonna be royally pissed off by this.  Hope ye got yerself a deep hideyhole ready.”

Loki’s eyes narrowed and he leaned down to whisper silkily, “Now how would they get the idea that I might be involved?  You wouldn’t be thinking of doing something foolish now would you, my friend?  If I were you, I’d be more concerned with digging in before dawn.  It comes early this far north.” 

Loki stood up and with a supercilious smile, stamped his staff on the ground and disappeared.  Snorri checked the horizon and swore.  The god was right; they didn’t have much time and everyone buckled down to get them underground as soon as possible.  They could look for gems and veins of precious ore once they were safely buried.

Far away, the Guardian’s head came up.  Something very powerful had just flashed into being and out.  Twice.  He scanned the worlds, but could not find the source.  Loki? he wondered.

~~~~~~

Asgard was half deserted when Loki arrived back at the Allfather’s palace.  The quiet was unsettling; where were all the messengers and servants who hustled back and forth?  Sensing trouble brewing, the slender god slipped silently off to his rooms, avoiding notice by guards or any other of the edifice’s many inhabitants. 

He bathed again and changed his smoky garments for clean, feeling better after.  Deciding to keep a low profile, he found a favourite volume and settled into a comfortable chair to read.  Several hours later, that was where Idunn found him.  She was surprised when he opened his door to her himself, shoeless, with the volume still in his hand.

“Lovely Idunn. To what do I owe the pleasure of this visit?”  Loki gave a slight bow and stepped back, with a smile.  “Would you like to come in?  Sit for a moment?  Enjoy a glass of mead?”

“I would, but cannot, Loki.  Not that I don’t enjoy your company.  Except when you’re bargaining me off to some Jotunn for your freedom.”  Idunn smiled back, but she seemed distracted.  “You do have such amusing stories to tell.”

Loki shrugged, “I did get you back.”  He feigned innocent concern.  He knew something was up to cause the Keeper of the Godapples to frown in distress.  “Is there something you needed me for, sweet Goddess of Youth?”

“Always so perceptive.  Yes, indeed.  There has been a horrible cataclysm in Alfheim and Freyr is rallying all the gods to help.”  Idunn had let him take her hand and lead her to a seat near his windows. 

“Ah.  Not surprising I have heard nothing of it, then.”  Loki gave a put-upon sigh.  “I wondered why the palace had grown so quiet.”

“Many have already left and all the alfar servants, too.  I thought to ask you, also.”

“What is this disaster that has everyone so concerned?  What could I possibly do?”

“Oh, it’s horrible.  Terrible wildfires have ruined so much of the forests.  The alfar are prostrate with grief and pain.”  She put a hand on Loki’s knee.  “Lives have been lost, Loki!  It’s so awful.” 

He nodded in false sympathy.  Then as if only just thinking of something, he stared directly into Idunn’s eyes.  “Did Freyr send you here?  Or have you come of your own accord?” 

Idunn sighed and glanced away out the window.  “You know Freyr would never ask you for help.  He dislikes you almost as much as the Guardian.  I... I came on my own.  Even the Allfather does not know I am here.”  Idunn bowed her lovely head. 

“Perhaps I should not interfere then.  I wouldn’t want to distract the others from such a worthwhile effort.  And someone needs to keep an eye on things here.”  Loki placed a hand on his chest and tucked his chin with a little, self-deprecating grin.  “I always have my brother’s needs in mind, you know.”

“But, Loki!  We really need your help.  You are the God of Air and Fire.  Who better to control the wildfires than you?”  Idunn pleaded, her hand squeezing his knee. 

The Trickster sat quietly for a moment, thinking.  If he offered his assistance, it would possibly deflect the others’ suspicions that he was behind the holocaust in Alfheim.  He was fairly certain the dvergar would hold their tongues.  And the elf maid?  Anything she said could be construed as the desire for vengeance from a woman who had read more into a relationship than was really there.

But he had to make it seem as though he only agreed because the goddess had persuaded him.  It would never do to seem too eager.  He frowned and shook his head as if not convinced. 

“Please, Loki.  The longer we wait, the more of Alfheim is being destroyed.”  Idunn stood and moved closer.  She drew a hand over his long, dark hair, smiling down at him.  “Do it for me?  You do owe me.”  Her voice had dropped to a low, intimate murmur.

Is she really offering what I think?  Loki’s eyes glinted and he smiled, though the frown never left his face.  He lifted one hand and carefully placed it on the goddess’ waist.  Idunn only smiled and leaned into his hand slightly.  His brows rose.  “And Bragi?”  Loki wanted no more trouble with the God of Poetry.

“He’ll understand.”  Idunn knew the Trickster had a real fondness for the ladies.  “But not until after this is over.  You agree?”

Loki narrowed his eyes, unsure if she was being truthful.  The slender goddess had never been one to prevaricate, but there was always a first time.  “Well...”

Idunn leaned over him and lifted his face with a hand under his chin.  Smiling softly, she kissed him full on the mouth.  “I always thought you were one of the handsomest amongst us.  So dark and  mysterious.  It’s sexy.”

Loki’s mouth dropped open and he stared up at her.  She meant it; he could see the truth in her sparkling eyes.  “You never said a word.”  He mumbled.

“Well, we are both married.  It could have made things... uncomfortable.”

He laughed.  “Life is often ‘uncomfortable’ around me.  But you must admit, it’s never dull.  Very well, sweet lady.  I’ll help.  How can I refuse, when you ask so prettily?” 

Idunn’s smile grew and she hugged his head to her breast.  Before he had a chance to react, she had jumped away and grabbed his hand.  Pulling him up off the chair, she rushed him out the door.  “Come, come.  We must hurry.”

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
« Reply #49 on: Sat, May 10, 2014, 10:51 AM »
Another great chapter!  So Loki keeps his promise to the dwarfs, plus he agrees to help put out the fire he himself started, thus making sure Idunn will be overflowing with gratitude.  Shrewd... :b

my fanfics

Offline Wilde

• Dom's Desire
    • Facebook
« Reply #50 on: Sat, May 10, 2014, 12:40 PM »
player getting played =^.^= ((or I hope so))                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
« Reply #51 on: Sat, May 10, 2014, 01:43 PM »
He always was the crafty little devil.  But sometimes one can be too crafty...

Offline Tiberius

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #52 on: Sun, May 11, 2014, 01:16 PM »
Cool updates!
But I'm not so sure if Idunn is really honest with Loki ...

Offline Wilde

• Dom's Desire
    • Facebook
« Reply #53 on: Mon, May 12, 2014, 07:08 AM »
He always was the crafty little devil.  But sometimes one can be too crafty...

cant wait to see what Idunn truly has in store for Loki =^.^=

But I'm not so sure if Idunn is really honest with Loki ...

I soooo hope nawt

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
Re: [LOKI] Burn It Down (NC-17) ONG Chapter 12 05/13/2014
« Reply #54 on: Tue, May 13, 2014, 06:36 AM »
It won't matter, Wilde... as you'll see, eventually.

So Loki let the Goddess of Youth lead him out of Asgard and onto the start of the Rainbow Bridge.  He wasn’t looking forward to chatting with Heimdall and hoped Idunn would explain their rushed arrival.  He needn’t have worried.

The Guardian of Worlds had barely turned to face them when Idunn called out to him.  “Heimdall!  To Alfheim for us.  Please hurry!”

Heimdall scowled, confused.  Why would Idunn of all people be dragging a half-dressed and rumpled looking God of Lies behind her?  And his expression was bemused, as if he didn’t believe this was happening, either.  When Heimdall caught his eye, Loki only shrugged and gave a little ‘women, what could I do’ smirk.  The Trickster was actually carrying her ever-present basket of apples for her.

The Guardian sighed and spun the observatory, wondering what Idunn thought bringing Loki to Alfheim would accomplish.  As the couple vanished down the Bridge, he remembered one of Loki’s appellations.  “Wildfire,” Heimdall murmured to himself.  “Of course.  How could I have forgotten?  Idunn’s apparently convinced him to help.  Unbelievable.” 

He wasn’t the only one who stared in disbelief.  Freyr was at the forefront of the raging inferno, guiding the others’ efforts and offering what assistance he could.  Thor had brought storms, with Aegir and Ran behind him to lend moisture. 

Eir immediately called to Idunn and the two women headed for the healing station set up for the injured.  It mattered little to them whether the patient was elf, Vanir, Aesir or even human.  The elves had rescued as many of the forests’ denizens as they could carry out.  The area surrounding the castle looked as much like a zoo as it did a field hospital. 

Dazed and battered, exhausted alfar wandered everywhere.  Those who still had presence of mind helped where they could, but many were too overwhelmed with grief and sympathetic pain to be able to do much.  Still, they carried needed supplies and food and drink to those were capable of more.  If they stopped in the middle of an errand and simply stared off into the distance for a time, they were gently brought back to the present and reminded of their task.  No one blamed them.

The elven greater mages used themselves up conjuring spells to heal those the goddesses could not get to, mostly animals and minor injuries.  Also lending their qi to their fellows so they could keep working far beyond the normal limits of strength.  And right in the middle, Friour sat, motionless, but still hard at work.

Loki knew she would be there and quite studiously avoided going anywhere near the elf princess.  Surprisingly to all of the others, he rubbed his hands together, shoved back his sleeves and said, cheerfully, “Alright, then.  Where’s the worst blaze?  I’ll start there.  Somebody want to point me in the right direction?”

Stunned silent, Tyr was closest and simply pointed.  Loki gave him a manic grin, a nod and suddenly transformed into his falcon Aspect. While the other god blinked stupidly after him, he took off with a wild tumble and a skree of delight.  Tyr shook his head; Chaos was loose in the worlds once more.  He only hoped it worked in their favour this time.

It was hours later when Loki returned, though sooner than any of the others expected.  Those that thought they’d see him again at all, that is.  And his appearance shocked everyone immobile.

An elf saw him first, wailing and pointing up into the sky.  Fast as one of Thor’s thunderbolts, a streak of green wildfire shot across the smoke filled heavens.  And it was coming directly toward where gods and alfar were gathered to rest and heal before heading back to fight the blazes.

Faces all turned up to watch as impending disaster fell toward them.  They could hear him now, flames fizzling and crackling and a wild demented laughter.  Loki landed right in the middle of the mages, pulsing with energy, arms akimbo, panting, a lunatic glitter in his glowing eyes. 

Green and gold sparks erupted all over him, flying from his fingertips, the ends of his untamed hair, corruscating off his body.  His completely naked and shivering body.  He was erect and hard as a rock, too.

“S... s... some... body, please!  H... help me!”  He gulped, quivering all over.  He bounced from foot to foot, unable to stand still. 

“Gods, Loki!  Cover yourself,” Sif barked at him, unable to look away.  She threw a hand up over her eyes. 

“Tried.  Can’t.  Just burn up.  Too hot,” he gasped, dancing in a circle now.  “Please, help me!”  He was still grinning like a complete fool and giggling helplessly. 

One of the alfar mages suddenly understood and lunged for the twitching, capering god.  “Hold still!” he yelled, chasing Loki round and round.  Everyone else scrambled to get out of the way.

“Easier said than done,” he moaned, panting.  The elf finally got close enough to grab a flailing arm and hauled the crazed god around to face the rest of his wide-eyed group.  They all inhaled sharply and started to back away.

“No, no!” the mage cried.  “Touch him!  Bleed off some of the magic!  Before he explodes all over us!”  Instant comprehension bloomed on their faces and several rushed to get closer.  The stunned gods watching saw all the worry and tiredness leave the alfar sorcerers’ visages as they lay hands on the Trickster; their backs straightened, many took deep breaths and smiles broke out on many faces. 

Loki sighed in relief and now, although he still trembled and shook, he was standing still.  He glanced around at his fellow gods and laughed aloud.  “Eir, Idunn, come here, darlings.  I have a gift for you both.”  He held out still glowing hands.  “Freya’s tits!  What a rush!” 

Both goddesses hurried over and each grasped a hand.  Idunn jolted, a shocked expression widening her blue eyes and she smiled in surprise.  Eir actually squeaked, “ouch!”, but she didn’t let go.  She kept her face averted, but Idunn looked him over from head to toe and grinned back at him. The weariness vanished from their faces, too.  Loki continued to cackle like a loon, and with another sigh, he was clothed.  “Thank you, sweet ladies.  So much better now.” 

At her worried father’s urging, Friour had gone inside the castle to bathe, eat and try to rest for a short time.  So she completely missed Loki’s insane performance.  By the time she came out, he had grabbed Idunn and kissed her, then Eir and even Sif, who scowled and wiped her mouth, but smiled anyway. 

Then he’d run directly at the surrounding wall, leapt up and flown off in falcon Aspect again.  Still laughing wildly.  But the worst of the fires were out.

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
« Reply #55 on: Tue, May 13, 2014, 10:15 AM »
Not sure if I understood it correctly - Loki put out most of the fires, but somehow by doing that, he gathered so much magical energy that the others had to touch him in order to bleed off some of Loki's magic, right?

Love your detailed depiction of Loki's condition after his return, it makes it easy to visualize him.  Poor guy. :giggle

Great chapter!  I can hardly wait for the next update.

my fanfics

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
« Reply #56 on: Tue, May 13, 2014, 01:08 PM »
Correct, as always, Monty.  He is wildfire personified, so he absorbed the fires' energy by putting them out.  And don't forget
they were started with his magic, too. 

I actually laughed myself when writing this chapter.  He would have looked ridiculous, something he's not fond of.

Offline Wilde

• Dom's Desire
    • Facebook
« Reply #57 on: Tue, May 13, 2014, 04:02 PM »
 :popcorn what a Lovely "backfire" mr Loki received aha  :river

Offline Tiberius

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #58 on: Wed, May 14, 2014, 09:03 AM »
Great chapter! Please update soon!

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
Re: [LOKI] Burn It Down (NC-17) ONG Chapter 13 05/14/2014
« Reply #59 on: Wed, May 14, 2014, 09:22 AM »
sure thing, Tib.  I actually could post the rest of this now... I have two more in line already.

Days later and it was finally over, or so the weary defenders thought.  Freyr and the elven king sat despondently at Dofri’s table, drinking and discussing matters of repair and rebuilding.  They silently toasted those who had given everything to save the realm.  The Aesir had mostly left, straggling home to Asgard, exhausted, bedraggled and ready to rest

Sighing, Freyr mused aloud on the vagaries of Nornir and the sometimes violent way they had of reminding living things that they were the true rulers of all the realms.  Dofri’s head came up briefly, and then he looked away without saying anything.  The Vanir lord was not so far into his cups that  he did not notice the elf king’s odd response.

“There is some news you hesitate to impart, Dofri, my friend?”  He clapped a hand on the king’s shoulder.  “Come, we have experienced much together.  What could be so awful, after this, that you fear to tell me?”

“It’s not that I don’t agree, my Lord.  The Fates are often capricious and unkind....”  He sighed.

“But?”

“I fear this time they had assistance.  If my daughter is to be believed.” 

“Your daughter?  Which one is it, this time?”  Freyr knew the king had several.  Then, by the unhappy frown on Dofri’s face, he remembered.  “Not the little maid?  She went to Asgard to study, did she not?  She should be safe there.”

“She has returned home, Freyr.  She’s been with the mages these past few days.  But with an unhappy change to her thoughts, and a very disturbing tale.”

Sobering quickly, the god stared at the elf.  “What?  Do not think to soften it, Dofri.  Just tell me.”

“She said the fires were started by the God of Chaos himself... deliberately.”  Dofri leaned away as he spoke.  “And I have heard rumour from the wardens that there are strangers in the mountains.  Dark creatures that hide under the ground and avoid the sun.  They hear noises, like pounding and the ringing of metal.  I fear it may be dvergar.  They could not have come this far by themselves.  They were led here.”  The elf king shook his head.

“Are you truly telling me LOKI caused this?”  The god roared, instantly enraged.  He leapt to his feet and stood facing the king, fire in his eyes, panting like a bull.  No wonder that... monster... lent his help.  He was just trying to confuse us again!  What gall!

Very softly, Dofri replied, “She was found wandering near the blazes, wrapped in his cloak.  I have no reason to doubt her.  And Freyr?  She is no longer maiden.”

~~~~~~

Too angry to speak, the Vanir god lunged out of the hall and called his boar.  Leaping astride the animal, he faced Asgard and bellowed, “Heimdall!  Bring me to Odin!  Now!” 

The Guardian, hearing the intensity in the god’s voice, never hesitated.  He slammed the Twilight sword into its mount and brought Freyr to Asgard in a flash of multi-hued light.  Freyr nodded as he thundered past the startled Guardian and pounded over the Bridge to the citadel.

Heimdall turned his piercing gaze back to Alfheim, wondering what had the relatively placid Freyr in such an uproar.  At first, he saw nothing there to cause such behaviour.  The fires were out, the wounded being cared for, the dead buried with honor.  Some of the other Aesir and Vanir who had gone to assist were there, resting or helping still. 

Idunn was still passing out slivers of golden apple to those whom Eir pointed out.  Freyja touched the worst scarred, alleviating their injuries.  Thor and Tyr sat side by side, drinking ale and talking, an elf wiping soot and ash from their limbs.  Aegir and Ran were resting in the shade of some trees.  And Vitharr, the Forest Lord, was speaking with several alfar, all their heads bowed over maps laid out on a table.

The realm seemed peaceful enough, for a world recovering from disaster.  The Guardian did note there was no sign of Loki.  He’d taken off toward the inferno again after that wild visit to Dofri’s castle.  Heimdall had seen him as a ball of acid green wildfire dive directly into the flames and then he’d simply disappeared from the far-seeing god’s vision.  Again.  It irked the watchman no end to know he could no longer track the Trickster if he didn’t want to be found.

Sighing in annoyance, he cocked his head back toward the palace and listened.  Odin and Freyr were having a rather loud discussion on the merits of whether or not this was a good time to ‘waste resources’ in searching for the Allfather’s wayward brother.  Freyr was insistent, citing the story told by Dofri’s daughter.  Odin seemed more cautious, wondering, as Loki had hoped, if she had not simply misconstrued his intentions and was now trying to get even. 

It wasn’t like it hadn’t happened before.  The half-Jotunn god had always been a bit too much on the randy side.  And he lost no time in taking advantage of his looks and charm.  The list of his conquests almost read like a who’s who of Aesir, Vanir, Jotun and other stranger partners.  Wife, lover, male, female... even animal, (here Heimdall shuddered), if he was horny, it didn’t matter.

Not that Heimdall was a prude; the Vanir were pretty open about sex and tolerant of who slept with whom, but Loki was just so nonchalant and blatant about it.  He didn’t seem to care about his partner’s feelings, either.  If it was good for him, that was all that mattered.  The little monster left a trail of abnormal children and broken hearts behind... including his ever loyal and too tolerant wife. 

~~~~~~

Eventually, the other gods began to straggle back to Asgard.  When Tyr arrived, he meant to go and give the Allfather a summary of the events in Alfheim so far.  His arrival in the audience hall impinged upon the continuing argument between Freyr and Odin.  Surprised to see the Lord of the elven realm here, he stopped short and simply listened in on their conversation.

The God of War slipped out silently, intending on going back to Heimdall and getting a location on the Trickster before bringing his suspicions to Odin.  He knew Odin had sent Loki on some kind of errand recently, but the sly god had mentioned at their last shared meal that he had concluded it successfully.  Tyr wondered where he had been sent and if that had anything to do with the trouble in Alfheim.

While the two were speaking, Heimdall was called again, and this time it was Thor, Sif and Idunn.  He wasn’t needed until Vitharr reseeded the forests and wanted rain.  Idunn had come back to refill her basket of apples.  Höðr had remained, layering a gentle blanket of cooling flakes over the burnt areas to keep the ash down and cover the wounds to the land.

The women went directly to the palace, Sif to bathe and prepare a bath for her husband, lay out clean clothing for them both and get some much-needed sleep.  Idunn repaired to her orchard to collect more golden, healing fruit.  Thor caught part of Tyr’s chat and decided to stay.  No friend to the slender god, he wished to hear what the other two were discussing. 

The Thunderer frowned when he heard Tyr’s question to the Guardian.  The God of War had no direct quarrel with Loki that Thor knew of.  Although it was the trickster’s child that caused the loss of his hand, Loki had nothing to do with that.  Except siring the fell beast. 

Joining them, Tyr told Thor what he’d overheard of Odin and Freyr’s conversation.  Heimdall had already turned his vision out to the other worlds, starting at Alfheim and working his way back closer to Asgard.  He only half listened to what the other gods were discussing.  He did catch ‘Loki’, ‘elf maid’ and ‘started fires himself’, however. 

The Guardian growled, “This is all conjecture, my friends.  As much as I would like to see the Jotunn get some deserved chastisement, you will need incontrovertible proof to convince Odin.”  Sighing, Heimdall shook his head.  “Simply the word of an elf maid, princess or not, will not be sufficient.  Especially since the Allfather knows she was Loki’s pupil.”

“Why should that matter?”  Thor grumbled. 

“Because, my friend, it means they have been intimate this past year.  You understand the workings of seithr, and galdr?  The practitioners use sex to raise and increase their power.  The Trickster is a master, with no equal save the Queen herself.  A sweet little thing like the king’s daughter would have made Loki salivate even if he could not use her for such.  Perhaps she misunderstood his motives.  It is unlikely he was forthcoming with his true intentions.”

Both the others nodded, Tyr muttering, “True, true.  He’s never truthful except on the threat of pain.” 

Thor snorted, “I can show him pain if you want the truth beaten out of him.”

“No, Thor.  He would tell you whatever you wanted to hear, then simply recant later, saying he feared for his life.”  Heimdall shook his head.  “You two must investigate this further, before you go to Odin.  Find others who may have seen them together.  Speak to her teachers.”

“Hmm,”  Tyr stroked his beard.  “He did mention some errand Odin had sent him on not too long past.  Possibly it is related?  Do you remember where he asked to go last, Guardian?”

“Loki no longer requests my assistance in his travels at all,”  Heimdall grumbled.  “He has discovered some other way to come and go.  Whenever he pleases, apparently.  And I cannot track his movements unless he allows it.” 

The Guardian scowled and stared off into space.  “I did note two very strong surges of an unusual energy signature not long ago.  I believe one may have originated in Nidavellir.  The other came from here, in the palace itself.  It may very well have been the Trickster.”

Neither of the other gods were pleased at the Guardian’s admission.  Besides knowing how it would gall Heimdall to be kept in the dark, they both felt it dangerous to have such an unstable and vindictive god as Loki loose in the realms with no way to find him.  Tyr clapped a hand on Thor's broad shoulder.  “You go to Odin, my friend.  See if you can discover Loki’s last mission.  I will speak with the völur and see what I may discover.”

It took them days and many uncomfortable conversations to work it all out.  Eventually, the trio thought they had enough evidence to take to their king.  They let Tyr act as spokesman, and they’d kept Freyr out of it as much as possible, too.  Allowing the god with the least grudge to bring the facts as they found them to Odin.

The Allfather knew several of his vassals had been conducting a quiet investigation.  What he didn’t see himself, or have reported to him, his birds did.  So he granted their request to speak privately with no question and no delay.  Odin was quite aware he was not going to be pleased with what the three gods had to say.

Rather than the audience hall with all the prying eyes and ears, Odin met the gods in his private dining hall.  A meal would hopefully keep everyone calm and reasonable.  Over several flagons of beer and ale, the story came out. 

At first displeased with the accusations against his admittedly troublesome brother, the Allfather sighed.  “Always you seek to turn me against Loki.  I am aware of your dislike; his differences may seem to make him unworthy of my trust.  But he is still one of us, and powerful in his own ways.  You cannot deny his intelligence and glibness is useful to me.”

“Useful when it suits him to be, Allfather,” Tyr said quietly.  “But is he really worth the problems he also brings you?” 

“He sows dissension, mistrust and discontent wherever he goes, my king,”  Thor added forcefully.  “He lies just because he can and is pleased when it divides us.”  He shook his head, thumping his flagon onto the table.  “Your brother loves us no more than we do him.  He is Chaos and he disrupts the peace of the realms.”

“This latest prank of his is more than can be tolerated, Odin,”  Heimdall added.  “This time he has brought fear, great injury and hatred of each other between the peoples of the realms.  I returned the dvergar he secretly brought to Alfheim myself.  If I had not, there could have been war.  Loki simply abandoned them after he acquired what he wanted from them.”

“You have proof of all this?” the Allfather said uncomfortably.  “He actually took the smiths to Alfheim?”

Heimdall nodded, “Yes, my king.  I’m afraid your brother’s duplicity knows no bounds.”  At that point they took turns delineating their inquiries and all that they had discovered. 

Finally, Odin realized he would have to do something.  This went beyond what he could tolerate.  He leaned his head on one hand, massaging his forehead.  Looking up at the Guardian, he asked,” You have sought him out?  You’re sure he’s in hiding?”

“Oh, he knows we will come after him for this, Allfather.”  Heimdall looked down, almost ashamed.  “I cannot see him, my king.  Whatever Loki found in Midgard has given him the ability to cloak his presence from my Sight.” 

Odin sighed again.  Heimdall continued, “When questioned, the dvergar smiths mentioned a great blue jewel.  One that pulsed with a fierce energy.  They remade his sword into a glaive with that jewel mounted at the head of it.”

“I will send out Huginn and Muninn,” Odin stated.  “Perhaps they can find him.”  He looked at his people, two of them pleased, though one did try to appear sympathetic, and the third, Thor, openly grinned in delight.

“You will bring him home, Thor.”  Odin looked directly at the God of Thunder.  “But unhurt.  No taking out your anger until I give you my permission.  Is that understood?”

“Yes, Allfather.  I shall do my best.  I will defend myself, however.”  Thor rumbled, agreeing conditionally. 

Odin only growled, “Do not provoke him unduly, Thor.  Just bring him to me.”

~~~~~~

The three conspirators sent Freyr home,concerned he would not be able to control his anger.  While he did go, he stopped in Vanaheim first.  There was one there he wished to consult with, a very wise man who might just help in figuring out a way to capture a powerful mage safely.

Kvasir listened to his ruler quietly.  Then he sat pondering for a few minutes.  “We all know the Trickster is a shapeshifter, as are many of his kind.  It would therefore behoove those searching for him to look in places where he might take on one of his favourite forms.  And if you should discover him, then you may use what snares are most likely to contain him that Aspect.” 

Freyr smiled widely and thanked his kinsman.  He sent word to the searchers of the sage’s advice.  Thor was greatly pleased, for now the searchers had a place to start. 

It was simply a matter of finding out which form the master magician had chosen; snake, wolf, falcon or fish.  He thought it unlikely Loki would become a fly or horse.  While he could, those were not Aspects he favoured, and the wildfire was too energy intensive to maintain for long without a good source of fuel.

The search took days, each god going to different places.  They consulted with everyone that Loki had dealt with in the past.  Trying to find out places he found comfortable and where he might think himself safe. 

Caught at last, the slender god wriggled helplessly in the net used to trap him as he leapt from one rapid to the next in an attempt to flee.  After being dragged to the riverbank, he reverted from buck salmon to his more human looking Aspect.  And already complaining about his mistreatment.

Freyr bellowed in rage and Heimdall held him back. They could not afford to damage Loki before bringing him to Odin.  “Monster!  You will pay for the agony you’ve brought to my realm and the people I rule.  There is no escape for you from my wrath this time!”   

“Who, me?  Why does everyone always assume every disaster that occurs anywhere is my fault?  Haven’t I just spent days with you helping put out the fires?”  Loki blurted, looking aghast that anyone would think him responsible.  “I suppose I should have expected no better.  Would a little gratitude be too much to ask, let alone an actual ‘thank you’?” 

“Do not speak, Laufeyjarson,” Heimdall hissed, just as angry as Freyr.  “It is taking all our control now to not disobey our king and simply end your miserable life right here.” 

Thor snarled, too.  “Worthless cur!  I should flatten you where you lie.  Or perhaps rearrange that too pretty face.”  He loomed over Loki threateningly. 

Trying to free himself, Loki rolled and flung the net about, partially loosening it.  When Thor saw that they might lose him, he simply threw his hammer and struck the dark-haired god a blow to the side of his face that stunned him senseless.  He was bound hand and foot and as Kvasir suggested, gagged as well.  There would be no muttered incantations to save him this time.