Author Topic: [ORI]A Matter of Trust 21/? [NC-17] 03-04-13  (Read 2321 times)

Offline Riddicks Raven

• Supreme VXer
Re: [ORI]A Matter of Trust 5/? [NC-17] 7-30-09
« Reply #30 on: Thu, Jul 30, 2009, 12:44 PM »
I know Monty! I had intended for it to all be in one chapter, but nooooo Mike had to have it in two.  :rule

mcclyn, as always  :pdance

Rav

You're not afraid of the dark, are you?

Offline mimiandyjam1606

• Dom's Desire
« Reply #31 on: Thu, Jul 30, 2009, 05:42 PM »
Lucky for me that I decided to check the Vx website for any updates!
I was about to take myself and my giant bowl of Top Ramen Noodles upstairs and then call it a night.
My gut is telling me that Johnny Jones is going to regret making that trip up to Canada.
"You Never Go Ass To Mouth, Randall!!" Dante, "Clerks 2"

Offline maryk

• Supporter
  • Xander's xXx
« Reply #32 on: Thu, Jul 30, 2009, 06:57 PM »
Riddicks Raven, I love this!  I'm too used to just browsing for Riddick fics, this is wonderful!  Bravo - waiting for more!

Siggie and avatar by Evilgrin

Offline paulmtk

• Supreme VXer
  • Builidng a door so opportunity can knock!!
« Reply #33 on: Fri, Jul 31, 2009, 02:07 PM »
Nooo, you really can't stop there!!

Please soothe that beast Mike and update soon?!!

Offline Riddicks Raven

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #34 on: Mon, Aug 03, 2009, 05:55 AM »
Thank you guys so much, and in a few minutes, Johnny will find out just how big his mistake truly was.  :evil

Rav

Offline Riddicks Raven

• Supreme VXer
Re: [ORI]A Matter of Trust 6/? [NC-17] 8-03-09
« Reply #35 on: Mon, Aug 03, 2009, 06:02 AM »
Author: Riddicks Raven

Title: A Matter of Trust

Chapters: 6/?

Rating: NC-17 over all

Fandom: Other

Warning: A werewolf getting even will be messy, so mentions of gore and rotting tissue. Brief mention of anal rape.

Disclaimer: To date, everyone in this comes from my own twisted mind.  :hugs I have never been to Thunder Bay International Airport, so the loose description in this chapter is based on Nashville's airport.

AN 2: The accent used by Johnny is what I sound like when I'm very, very tired. I've heard several of the "old folks" talk this way when I grew up. If I offend any other southerner with my wording, I deeply appolgise.

Chapter 6

"Dayum, Candles. Look like ya do aright fur yaself." Johnny whistled as he nodded in appreciation at the Hummer.

He smiled revealing dark, tobacco stained, rotted teeth. His eyes looked mean, wondering what kind of connections Mike had in Canada's darker side. A side he could exploit back in the states.

Mike smiled back as they got into the Hummer. He knew Johnny was dangerous, and smart despite his appearance.

"I work for the town, and do a little somethin' on the side." He confirmed Johnny's hidden question as they pulled away from the curb.

They rode without speaking, just listening to music on the country station. Finally they were within a half hour from Cold River, and on pack owned land. Mike was ready to finish this when his passenger asked a question.

"Yu lived 'n Cold River lon?" Johnny knew if the other man had, maybe it would shorten his search so he could get back home.

"Born and raised." It wasn't a lie, the land he now owned was where his village once stood.

"Maybe yu culd hep me find a ol' friend o' mine. A gurl, Rikki Jones." Johnny smiled at Mike.

"Rikki Jones...'bout 5'8", dark hair, pretty?" Johnny nodded, a sick grin on his face. "I don't know her, but I've seen her 'round. Heard she lives in the woods, rarely comes to town."

'Purfect, noboody'll notice wen da biitch go's a missin'.'

Mike had begun to swing his left leg in and out at a rapid pase, exhaling hard and grabbed himself, just before stopping the Hummer.

"Sorry, man...can't hold it any longer," and jumped out the driver's door, going to stand by the back wheel.

Quickly, he ducked down, slinking around to the passenger door. Mike snatched it open and jerked Johnny out, slamming him against the side.

"Never could figure out what she saw in you." Mike snarled..

"Ur fukin' her ain'cha?" He laughed, his putrid breath making Mike's nose wrinkle. "Know ya are, can smell her puss on ur breath from here. Tell me, Candles, you got in dat tiight ass o' hern yet?" Johnny taunted the heavier man, confident he could win a fight with him. "So hot an' sweet, speshally when she fights it, gettin' blood on ur dick."

Mike growled lowly, his fragile grasp on his wolf shattered causing his eyes to change colors, his voice to deepen.

"Got one word...." Mike whispered against Johnny's face. "Run."  

Terror replaced the cockiness and Johnny took off screaming. Mike's dark roar of laughter flooded the woods in the early dawn light. Tearing the clothes from his body, Mike shifted into something that was half human, half wolf. Standing at ten feet tall, the white creature lifted his muzzle and howled. The hunt was on.

Johnny ran blindly, not believing what he had just witnessed. The weird wolf like howl seemed to be coming from all around him. Spinning wildly, he knew he was lost and doomed.

"Wha' da fuk are yu?!?" Johnny yelled just before the Mike/wolf jumped in-front of him and growled, "Death."

Johnny screamed as he was slammed onto the hard ground, long, sharp claws slicing open his stomach and shredding anything that might have been between his legs. The long white muzzle buried itself into the opening and began to eat. Agonized screams filled the air as his body jerked. The last thing Johnny saw was a mouth full of teeth closing around his face. The Mike/wolf lifted his bloody muzzle to the sky and howled long and loud.

Mike had been gone for three days and Rikki stood on the back porch staring out into the woods. MJ had become very worried about her.. He wasn't sure what to do and hoped Kami had some ideas.

"She's grieving herself to death." Kami spoke softly.

"Da's fine though." He was confused by his wife's statement.

"Rikki doesn't know that. She's never seen what Da can do, just what that asshole is capable of."

"Has she eaten anything?" MJ felt sorry for her, remembering how bad his father had been.

"A little this morning. Just picked mostly," she sighed, "but at least it stayed down this time." MJ held her close and hoped that his dad would be home soon.

It was late on the night of the fourth day when the heard the Hummer pull into their drive. Rikki had been asleep for hours, but MJ and Kami were still up. Mike walked in the back door shirtless and barefooted; his arms, face and chest covered with dried blood and tissue.

"It's done," Mike sighed tiredly, resting against the counter. Suddenly he belched loudly, grabbed his chest and gasped for air.

"Da!" MJ was at his father's side with one arm around the broad back.

"Inda...gestion," he gasped.

"Raw walrus or human never did agree with you," Kami handed him a glass of water and the bottle of Tums.

"How is she? I need to check on her." Mike said quietly after eating half the bottle and chasing it with the water.

"She'll be better, now. And you're NOT going in there until you take a shower. You'll scare the life from the poor girl, and you wreak." Kami looked into her Alpha's eyes, unwilling to drop her gaze. MJ stood out of the line of fire he was sure to come.

"After I look in on her."

"No....NOW." Kami picked up her broom and swatted his shoulder with it. "I'll have clean sweats waiting on you. NOW GO. You're stinking up my house," she pointed in the direction of the bathroom.

Smiling slightly Mike looked at his oldest son and asked, "What is it with the men in this family picking stubborn, iron willed women, eh?"

"DNA?" MJ shrugged.

"He raped her every way you can imagine." Mike said softly as he headed to the bathroom.

After they heard the shower start, MJ looked at his wife. "You do realize that you seriously broke pack protocol?"

"Michael Ian Candles Jr. In this house he's not my Alpha, he's my father-in-law. And right now, he smells of blood and rotten meat. I'll not tolerate that from any man, not even you, my love."

After a shower, shave and brushing his teeth, Mike had to admit that Kami was right. Wrinkling his nose at the strong oder coming from his jeans, he used a towel to throw them into the trash. His steps staggered with exhaustion, Mike worked his way to the guest room and climbed in behind Rikki. At the feel of an arm surrounding her body, she began to struggle in her sleep.

"Sshhh, it's me and you're safe now." Mike smiled slightly as her body stilled and relaxed into him. Finally, he too fell into an exhausted slumber.

Offline mcclyn

• Dom's Desire
« Reply #36 on: Mon, Aug 03, 2009, 07:06 AM »
jonny's a goner ! :blech . great chapter rav  :hugs

Offline Montgomery Burns 13

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
  • Every hero needs a formidable villain
« Reply #37 on: Mon, Aug 03, 2009, 09:35 AM »
Cool update.  Lovin' it.  I say it was indeed a very good idea to let Mike take a shower before he went to the guest room... :grin
Who needs love when you've got a gun, who needs love to have some fun. Black Flag
Feelings are overrated. Dean Winchester

my fanfics

Offline paulmtk

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #38 on: Tue, Aug 04, 2009, 10:42 AM »
Sounds like that sick SOB Johnny got what due to him for awhile  :rule

Offline Riddicks Raven

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #39 on: Wed, Aug 05, 2009, 05:56 AM »
Thank you guys so much! You know, I can imagine Mike going to check on Rikki first thing, then her waking up and screaming. Her worst nightmare come to life. Sometimes men don't think things completely through....at least mine don't.  :laughter

Offline mimiandyjam1606

• Dom's Desire
« Reply #40 on: Wed, Aug 05, 2009, 06:09 AM »
Last night, I had gone to Empire City Raceway, lost majority of my money, came home during the wee hours of the night and came to the computer to read this story...

Um, yeah, I don't think checking up on Rikki, when he was covered in blood, would've been a great idea. If I was Rikki, I would've bitched about the blood being on the floor.

Offline Riddicks Raven

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #41 on: Wed, Aug 05, 2009, 07:40 AM »
Thank you, mimi. Hope you enjoyed the races despite the $$ loss. I seem to have that trouble the rare times I bet the ponys. Can always pick them when I'm not betting.  :rule

Rav

Offline Riddicks Raven

• Supreme VXer
Re: [ORI]A Matter of Trust 7/? [NC-17] 8-07-09
« Reply #42 on: Thu, Aug 06, 2009, 03:29 PM »

Chapters: 7/?

Warning: Breathplay-choking.

Disclaimer: To date, everyone in this comes from my own twisted mind.  :hugs

AN 2: The phrase duck shit blue, comes from Native Americans of old making blue dye/paint from dried duck shit.

Chapter 7

Rikki awoke facing a man, well her head was nestled against his chest. Opening her eyes she saw the wolf paw centered on his chest as well as the polar bear paw that the Inuit had placed on his left pec at the time of his adoption. Mike was safe and holding her. However to her dismay, Rikki found that in her sleep she had wrapped one leg around his waist. With her only wearing a nightshirt she felt like a tease. She tried to move away, but found that he was also holding her close. He hugged her once then released her.

"Morning," she whispered shyly, unwilling to look at his eyes.

"More like afternoon." His voice rumbled through her.

"Oh god, I didn't mean to sleep this long," she groaned, as she rolled onto her back and placed a hand over her eyes.

"Don't worry, we both needed the sleep." As Mike looked at her he wanted nothing more than to lay across her and kiss her. Once more he resisted and wondered how long he could.

Oblivious to his inner turmoil, Rikki stood and started going through her suitcase.

"What you doing?" Mike moved to set on the edge of the bed.

"Getting ready for a shower, and to give you some privacy. Someone brought you some clothes in."

Watching her back, Mike decided that he would talk to her when he took her home. As she left the room, Mike noticed how graceful Rikki really was. Just watching her, the average person couldn't tell that seven years of her life had been a complete hell. He admired how hard she had worked at perfecting the image, even though he could scent when a break down was about to occur. After he had dressed in some of his son's clothes, Mike walked out into the kitchen.

Rikki finished her shower, and felt wonderful. She wondered if there was something wrong with that. A man had just been murdered because of her. But then again, Mike had made sure that Johnny would never harm her again. Rikki knew that she was completely free now, a fact that gave her a little pep in her movements. As she left the bathroom, she could hear talking in the kitchen.

"Just some toast will be fine." Mike turned in the chair to face Rikki as she entered the kitchen. Even though she looked exhausted, his breath still caught in his lungs at the sight of her..

"White Bear....you're staring," Kami whispered in Inuit, smiling slightly at Mike's reaction.

Smoothly covering his fax pax, Mike stood and guided Rikki to the seat beside his where Kami had a plate of pancakes and a glass of milk waiting on her. Once she had taken her seat, he retook his and began to thoughtfully eat his toast. He had just taken his second bite when Nick entered the back door and took a seat.

"What did you do to your head?" Mike looked at his youngest son, and wondered if he would ever get used to the boy's different hairstyles. Today it was a modified mohawk, the shortened sides bleached white with the "comb" bright blue. The same shade as the old time Huron dye. "The mohawk I understand, but duck shit blue?"

"Da, you're just old fashioned," Nick laughed. Just slightly under six foot, with his nose and both ears pierced, along with his mother's darker complexion, he was a stark contrast to his father.

"I would hardly call tattoos, and my nose being pierced old fashioned," Mike protested before taking another bite.

"You only wear yours at gatherings," Nick laughed as he got himself a cup of coffee.

Kami had to turn her attention to the dirty dishes to keep from laughing at Rikki's shocked expression while MJ patted his father's shoulders as he spoke. "Out of the three of us, he's the most like you."

"Your nose is pierced?" Rikki would have never imagined it.

"It was part of my right of passage, along with the clan tattoo," he shrugged. "Both hurt like hell." During the next two hours, they laughed and enjoyed the easy banter that can only come with a close knit family, or family of friends.

It was nearly dark when Mike decided that he should be getting Rikki home. The short drive was long enough for him to think his heart was going to pound through his ribcage. As he carried her suitcase through the back door, Mike was still at a loss on how to explain what he felt for her. While Rikki closed the door, he thought maybe he should just start talking and it would simply come out.

"Rikki, I..."

His words were silenced as she placed both hands on his cheeks and kissed him. Slow and gentle, carefully pressing her tongue against his lips, asking for permission. Mike realized how much courage it took for her to do this one thing, and opened his mouth.

Rikki wasn't sure if this was the right thing to do, but relief flooded through her system with his response. She was thrilled at his acceptance, allowing her to explore without making demands on her. His sigh and strong arms holding her confirmed what Kami had said.

"I love you," she whispered as the kiss was finally broken.

Mike laughed softly, hugging her tightly as he laid his head on her shoulder. "That's what I was wanting to tell you, just couldn't figure out how."

They stood there for a time, each enjoying the feel of the other, this time for different reasons. Finally, Rikki pulled back and looked into his eyes.

"How does choking do it for you?" Another time, another place, this would have been impossible for her. It was the closeness of their friendship that gave Rikki the courage to ask.

"Rikki....," he placed a hand on her cheek. "You're not ready to have sex with me, yet." Despite his wishes, Mike knew that could take a while.

She lowered her eyes briefly, then met his. "Does it have to go that far? I mean, I thought you could show me or somethin'." Rikki wasn't sure what she meant, but it had been something that plagued her dreams for a while.

He cocked his head slightly, then grinned. Grabbing her hand, he led Rikki to her bedroom. Sitting on her bed, Mike removed his boots and shirt before pulling her between his legs.

"I trust you, only you." His hands rested on her ribs for just a moment before he scooted back and lay down.

Rikki smiled at his admission as she crawled to him.. She knew from their earlier talk that Mike would want her to set on him. Once in position, she had to place her hands on his torso. Rikki had seen him without his shirt more times than she could count, but this time she took the chance to feel the way his muscles felt under skin. A touch that brought an appreciative growl from him.

"What do I do?" Her voice was shy and innocent sounding.

Mike placed his hand under her hair, against her cheek and smiled.. "Just place your hands on my throat and squeeze."

"I don't want to hurt you," she said as her hands slid up to his throat.

"Don't worry, you can't hurt me," he whispered as her hands closed around his thick neck.

With a hand on each end of his adam's apple, Rikki began to squeeze tentatively. At the first bit of pressure a low groan came from him, encouraging her for more. Gradually she increased the pressure until he asked for more. Rikki added more, causing him to cough and his face to change color. She felt his erection between them; the feel of him pushing against her becoming arousing for her.

Mike could feel his airway constrict and glanced through slitted eyelids to see her concentrating on her task. He placed his hands on her waist and began to move her against him as he pushed harder against her. Mike turned his head as her firm grip pulsated around him. Each time was tighter and more firm as he thrust faster. Within a few minutes he bucked hard against her as he came, nearly dislodging her in the process.

With his last thrust Rikki's grip was released, and to her relief, Mike sucked in a deep breath of air. She was now nose to nose with the panting werewolf. Placing a hand on his cheek, she asked if he was alright.

"Sweet Rikki," he said as he wrapped his arms around her back, "I haven't felt this alright in so long. Thank you." He tipped his chin up and kissed her, the smell of her arousal couldn't have been stronger if she had been naked. "Can I touch you?"

Rikki stared at him before answering.  "Will it hurt?"

"No, and I'll stop if you're uncomfortable with anything." He looked deeply into her dark eyes, wanting her to see his sincerity.

"Promise?" He nodded. "Okay, if it won't hurt."

Tenderly he slid his hands under her t-shirt, slowly stroking her skin. "Would you take this off for me?" At the sight of her nervously biting her bottom lip he added, "You don't have to, if you don't want to." Mike wanted to make sure that this time she would have a choice in matters.

Rikki thought it over, then removed her shirt and bra. She had been nervous about doing it, but his hands weren't demanding, just soothing. The feel of his fingers brushing over her nipples made her gasp and arch her back, pushing her breasts into his hands.

Mike thought she was beautiful like this, feeling pleasure from a man for possibly the first time in her life. Slowly, he encircled her back with his arms as he pulled her down for another kiss. As she allowed him to deepen it, Mike rolled them over. Carefully he started kissing on her neck, slowly moving down her body. He was grateful of the control that had been mastered in his long life so he could consentrate on Rikki, and not worry about becoming hard again.

Rikki relaxed into the hot, tender kisses that were becoming the center of her world at that moment. When lips closed around one nipple, she cried out with pleasure and amazement. Touches had never felt this way and at this second she never wanted it to end. A trail of liquid fire burned between her breasts as he licked and kissed everywhere. The feel of his body and what it was doing to her was driving her insane, finally she screamed as fire and heat flooded her entire being. When she opened her eyes, Mike was brushing the hair from her eyes.

"Are you okay?"

She nodded as she caught her breath. "Is that what sex is like with you?" she finally managed to ask.

"No, baby, that's what foreplay is like with me." Mike smiled at her as he kissed her once more.

~~~~~~~~

Rikki awoke the next morning, topless and alone. She set up suddenly wondering where Mike was. It was then she saw the letter on his pillow.

Sweet Rikki,

I'm sorry that I couldn't be here when you woke up. The sunrise glowing against your skin and hair is beautiful, so beautiful. I have to go for now. If I stay, there is a very strong chance that something would happen that I'm not sure you could handle at this time. I have absolutely no desire to hurt you any more than you have already been, and that is what would have happened. Don't worry though, you will see me very soon.

Mike

Rikki smiled as she read the note, her fingers against her lips. She held it against her breasts as she got out of bed and opened the window. Across the distance she could hear bagpipes playing Amazing Grace. Her smile grew even bigger knowing that he was close by.

Offline maryk

• Supporter
  • Xander's xXx
« Reply #43 on: Thu, Aug 06, 2009, 05:20 PM »
I am loving this story, Riddick's Raven... just please keep it coming...  :dream

Offline mimiandyjam1606

• Dom's Desire
« Reply #44 on: Thu, Aug 06, 2009, 05:50 PM »
::growls under my breath:: Oooh, Mike is a bit freaky...

Ironically, as I was reading chapter seven, I was slightly holding my breath. ::giggles::
When I had read the part about Mike telling Rikki that she wasn't ready to have sex with him, I had to 'clutch my pearls', honey. Whew!!! I'm feel flustered and I need a tall glass of Mike---I mean, water, I need a tall glass of water!

Offline mcclyn

• Dom's Desire
« Reply #45 on: Fri, Aug 07, 2009, 03:39 AM »
:hugs

Offline paulmtk

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #46 on: Fri, Aug 07, 2009, 12:03 PM »
Love this fic; they seem to be so good for each other  :love

Looking forward to more when you post!   :rule

Offline Riddicks Raven

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #47 on: Sat, Aug 08, 2009, 06:06 AM »
Thank you all.  :dream  [/quote]
Oh hun, there's more chapters yet, with twists and turns to come. Glad you're loving this.  :lolmao  There will be a couple more moments yet where you will clutch the pearls. A tall glass of Mike? Sounds good to me.

mcclyn:
i found myself getting all emotional when i read mike's letter he left for rikki . im just a big softy ! mike is treating her so well it just gives me a lump in my throat . as always rav , im loving this

Glad you're enjoying this so much! I had thought about writting a letter and than scanning it in, but went this way instead. He's probally the first one to treat her nice, and it's about time.  :rule

Offline Riddicks Raven

• Supreme VXer
Re: [ORI]A Matter of Trust 8/? [NC-17] 8-12-09
« Reply #48 on: Wed, Aug 12, 2009, 02:11 PM »

Chapters: 8/?

Warning: None, just a little feel good chapter.

Disclaimer: To date, everyone in this comes from my own twisted mind.  :hugs

Chapter 8

Mike pulled into his driveway and parked the Mustang. He had just taken Joey back to his parents and now everything seemed too quiet, even for him. At fifteen, Joey was by far the youngest member of the pack and had been living with Mike or one of his sons for the last five years.

Cold River was nearly a ghost town when Mike had arrived in 1940 with his family and what few pack members there were. The boy's grandparents were among the few inhabitants. Over the years, with the pack's help, the town had grown and became a minor tourist attraction. Mike had grown close to the humans that had lived under his pack's protection, especially Joey's family.

It was five years ago when the boy's family approached him with a serious problem. Joey had been diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor, and would die within a year. They had come to discuss with Mike the chances the young boy would have if he were changed. After several meetings, Mike had agreed to the change, under certain conditions.

1. Joey would have to agree to it, in full understanding of what becoming a werewolf would involve.
2. His family had to understand that there was a huge chance the boy may not survive the process, cheating them out of the remaining time he would have had.
3. If the change was successful, Joey would live with Mike in order to learn control, and to survive puberty.

All the conditions had been agreed to, and Mike's peaceful life had been turned upside down. It had been a challenge for Joey to learn control, but with the pack's help and guidance, it had happened. They had walked a long, difficult road, but today Joey had been returned to his parent's care. The reunion had been a joyous one, leaving Mike thrilled that everything had worked out...but at the same time it also left him feeling a bit empty.

Mike raised his face to the sky and sniffed the air. It was now early fall, and he could feel that winter would come early. He decided to take advantage of one of the last warm days and ride his Harley to Rikki's. It had been a week since he had seen or spoken to her. He had explained what was going on and she had understood completely.

During the last month, their relationship had developed and deepened. Now that Rikki was becoming the woman that she should have been all along, Mike thought it was now safe for her to visit his home for the first time. Now that he didn't have to worry about a young were whose control was minimal at best, Rikki could visit him without worry of being attacked.

~~~~~~

Rikki stood beside her Jeep, about to go into town for supplies when she heard an all to familiar rumble. A white 1940 EL 1000 Harley Knucklehead. She watched as he came up the road and parked beside her Jeep.

"Well hello stranger," Rikki smiled as he shut off the bike. "Everything go okay with Joey and his folks?"

"Just fine."Mike stood and placed his hands on her hips, thankful they no longer had to hide their feelings. "They know what to watch for, and they have both my numbers....just in case." Mike felt the cool metal of her keys as she placed her hands on his arms. "Coming or going?"

"Going for supplies. Wanna come with me?"

"One question, so many answers," he laughed, "and yes, I'll come with you. There is....something....I've always wanted to do."

Rikki couldn't help but notice the wickedly playful gleam in his eyes as he stepped away from her. At his age, she couldn't imagine very much that he hadn't tried. She watched as he undressed and for the first time, looked at his body. Once her eyes traveled below his navel, Rikki blushed and turned her back to him.

Mike smiled and shook his head at her reaction, but in a way he didn't expect any different from her. After placing his clothes and boots on her deck, he walked behind Rikki and held her.

"I saw you lookin' at me," he saw her blush deepen and rubbed his face against hers. "I liked it."

Rikki shivered at the sound of his voice, then from the absence of his body. She then heard pain tinged grunts and realized Mike was changing; why was the question. Soon Rikki felt a furry head press against her hip and looked down at her friend. His wolf was just as beautiful as she remembered.

"You wanted to go like this?" The wolf nodded. "Why?" He turned, bounded into the passenger seat and wagged his tail. "Oh you are shittin' me!" Rikki laughed as Mike cocked his head at her. Still laughing, Rikki climbed into the driver's seat and scratched behind his ears, then his throat. Mike turned his head sideways with a look of canine ecstasy as one hind leg drummed out a staccato beat on the seat. "Did I ever tell you how cute you are like this?" she said as she rubbed the side of his face. In answer, Mike licked hers.

During the ten mile drive to town, Rikki did her best not to wreck from laughter. Mike's hind legs were on the floor and his front on the seat while his head was in the wind with his tongue sticking out the side of his mouth.

"Fuckin' werewolf," she laughed causing him to turn and face her. "You get to have all the fun." Mike yipped at her then stuck his face in the wind again.

It didn't take her long to get everything she needed, even with a large wolf at her side. Somehow Rikki didn't think this was the first time that the shop owners had seen Mike like this, because none tried to stop them from entering. After she had placed everything in the back of the Jeep, Rikki turned her attention to the wolf beside her.

"You hungry?" Mike nodded. "Cheeseburgers okay?" Mike wagged his tail enthusiastically and licked his muzzle. "Dressed?" Mike sneezed in response. "Double meat, then?" He nodded.

Once she had their food, they walked to the square and Rikki set on one of the benches under the trees, Mike set on the ground beside her. She unwrapped one of the burgers and broke it in half for him, which he took carefully from her fingers. Rikki had just taken her first bite when she heard a little voice in front of her.

"Do your doggie bite?" A boy about six stood in front of her with his mother close by.

"Who, Bruno?" Rikki scratched one of his ears affectionately. "No, he's a good boy. Would you like to feed him?" The boy's face lit up, then he glanced at his mother who nodded. "Just hand this to him," she handed the other half of the burger to the boy who handed it to the large wolf.

"Bruno" carefully took the offering from the child as he wagged his tail on the grass. The child giggled then ran back to his mother, leaving Rikki smiling and wondering if she could have had children if they would have been as sweet and the boy had been.

All to soon, it was time to go back home and once again Mike rode with his head sticking in the wind.

Offline mimiandyjam1606

• Dom's Desire
« Reply #49 on: Wed, Aug 12, 2009, 04:02 PM »
Mike turning into a werewolf...hmm, interesting.

I can imagine Mike turning into a werewolf to avoid getting into an argument with his girlfriend ::giggles::

Offline paulmtk

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #50 on: Thu, Aug 13, 2009, 05:58 AM »
:lolol

Wonderful update, but gotta wonder about a few things you let drop in this chapter  :hit2

May be totally off base with my rambling thoughts  :hugs

Offline maryk

• Supporter
  • Xander's xXx
« Reply #51 on: Fri, Aug 14, 2009, 05:55 AM »
I guess a canine is a canine when it comes to a car ride  :goofy

Yes, I didn't like the 'if' she could have had kids...

Werewolves - loving it!

Offline Montgomery Burns 13

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
  • Every hero needs a formidable villain
« Reply #52 on: Sun, Aug 16, 2009, 05:21 AM »
Love the update!  Love the part where the little boy feeds "Bruno".
Who needs love when you've got a gun, who needs love to have some fun. Black Flag
Feelings are overrated. Dean Winchester

my fanfics

Offline Riddicks Raven

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #53 on: Mon, Aug 17, 2009, 06:17 AM »
Thanks guys.  :lolmao

paul:
Wonderful update, but gotta wonder about a few things you let drop in this chapter  
-Joey had a brain tumor but changing seemed to take care of this
-Rikki had some thoughts about what her kids may have been like IF she could have kids
-Changing seems to make them 'whole' or healthy; so is she gonna change and her and Mike can have little ones??!!

In most of the stories I've read, the change does heal physical ills. Have you been eavesdroppinng on my and mcclyn's e-mails? :laughter

Monty:
Love the update! Love the part where the little boy feeds "Bruno".

Thank you Monty. The name Bruno will play a semi-important part in a future chapter. I thought the boy would be a nice touch, there's always kids at the square when I walk my wolf....dog I meant dog.

Working on chapter 9 now, hopefully it will be up in a day or so. Thank you all once again.  :hugs

Offline mcclyn

• Dom's Desire
« Reply #54 on: Mon, Aug 17, 2009, 11:18 AM »
:hugs

Offline Riddicks Raven

• Supreme VXer
Re: [ORI]A Matter of Trust 9/? [NC-17] 8-21-09
« Reply #55 on: Fri, Aug 21, 2009, 06:37 AM »
Thanks mcclyn, I'm setting up something for the future now.  :lolmao The town this story takes place in, Cold River, Ont. to the best of my knowledge comes from my own mind.

Summary: This is a transition chapter where I introduce Joey's parents and another member of the pack. It also sets up the possiability of Rikki's change.

Pairing: Mike and Rikki

Archive: Sure

Notes: Thanks to  mcclyn for the beta and the help with the Scottish wording and customs. :hugs

Chapter 9

Mike stood on his large deck, watching as all three sons got ready to rake the leaves behind the cabin. For over sixty years he had been content to let the wind take them. Once Joey had moved in, they raked, bagged and taken them to the recycling center. It was there they would be mixed with manure, dried, then sold for fertilizer. Kami and Annie, Alex's wife, brought over large canvas bags for the leaves to be placed in.

Mike was about to go inside and check on the marinating meat when Rikki wrapped her arms around his waist. He smiled at the warmth of her body against his before turning and giving her a brief kiss. She had spent the last two days with him, still learning to accept a man's touch without fear. Mike was thrilled at the transformation that she had made in the last two years, at times not even seeming to be the same person. His fingers trailed across her back as Rikki left to go help with raking the leaves.

After watching them for a few minutes, Mike went inside to check the meat. While he was inside, Mike realized that Rikki should be introduced to the most reclusive member of the pack, before the first winter gathering.. Toby Jackson. A veteran of the Gulf War, Toby was a medic and had nothing to do with humans. He felt it was safer that way. Mike's heart went out to the young man, having thought that the most dangerous animals in Saudi were the "camel back spiders", sand vipers and the Taliban....little did he know that werewolves also hunted the cool desert nights.

"Da, you okay?" Annie asked as she placed a hand on his arm.

"Fine, just thinkin'." Mike smiled easily at his other daughter-in-law.

"Just don't let your brain melt." Annie laughed as she and Kami grabbed the charcoal.

Mike nodded in response. Any other Alpha would see her actions as disrespect, but he allowed his blood family certain freedoms at times. A family get together was definitely one of them. As the girls picked up the bags, he once more noticed the huge difference between the two women. Annie was slim, almost painfully white, and redheaded.. Kami, on the other hand, was the traditional Inuit. Full faced and figured, with a deep laughing smile. It was easy for him to see how his sons fell in love with them. He wondered when Nick would find his mate, but knew that "boys will be boys", and when the time was right there would be a third daughter in their oddball family.

The front door opened and Mike stepped into the living room, happy to see Joey and his parents had made it.

"Mike!" Joey exclaimed as he ran to hug the older man.

"How you doing, kid?" Mike ruffled the boy's hair affectionately.

"Great! School's awesome, all my friends are still there.....and I'm gettin' straight As!" Joey's excitement caused the three adults to laugh.

"Nick's out back, they've just started raking the leaves."

"Awesome!"  As Joey raced outside, Mike turned his attention to the boy's parents.

"How's things been?"

"Wonderful. We can't thank you enough for giving him this chance." Maxine had tears on her face as she kissed Mike on the cheek.

"You're more than welcome, my dear." Mike released her and shook her husband's hand. "Tom, it's good to see you again.."

"You too. Should we go check on how much trouble our kids are getting into?"

Mike laughed heartily at the thought of his sons being called kids. "Maybe we should at that."

It was after dark when everyone had left, no one really wanting to leave the closeness of family. Tomorrow was Monday and that meant school and work. Finally Mike and Rikki were alone again. Rikki stood at the sink, setting the dishes in hot water to soak, the next thing she knew Mike was looking worried and she was laying on the couch.

"Did I do it again?" Rikki blinked her eyes to clear the fuzziness.

"Yeah," Mike whispered. "This time you passed out instead of just spacing out."

Rikki heard the concern in his voice and took a deep breath. "I'm just over tired. Maybe we should go to bed."

Mike wasn't too sure about her explanation, suspecting something more serious. Like it or not, Toby was getting company tomorrow. Scooping her up in his arms, Mike started up the stairs to his room.

"Mike put me down! I can walk," she protested.

"Indulge me. I don't get to carry a beautiful woman everyday."

Rikki didn't protest any further, not even when he put one of his t-shirts on her to sleep in. Even she had to admit this spell didn't feel normal, but the feel of his arms around her body had her relaxing.

"I'm taking you to meet one of the pack in the morning. Name's Toby. He was in Saudi."

"Can I take him somethin'?" Rikki rolled over so she could look into his eyes. "Grandpa was in Nam...."

Mike smiled and nodded. "Best I remember he's got a sweettooth."

I got some elderberry preserves at the house. Would it be okay if I took him some?" Rikki looked at him with a look of a child asking if she could do something.

"I think he would like that, baby."

~~~~~~~~

Toby was in his small cabin, more on the lines of a shack, sharpening one of his knives when he heard Mike's pick-up coming up the dirt road. Wondering why his Alpha was coming, he continued with his knife until the engine shut off. Standing on the porch, he couldn't repress a snarl at the scent of the human woman that traveled with Mike.

"What she doin' here? You know I don't let humans around me," Toby growled. To his surprise the woman stood her ground with his Alpha.

"I understand, and respect your wishes. This is Rikki....she's an associate of the pack. I need her to know where you were encase we needed a medic and she was the only one that could find you." Mike locked his eyes with the young soldier, who glanced away briefly.

"What do you have to say for yourself, girl?" Toby pointed his knife at Rikki and snarled.

"I say I'm pleased to meet one of Mike's pack, and this is for you." She stepped forward until she was in reaching distance of him and held out the jar. "A gift for someone who did a great honor for his country."

"Is she fuckin' serious?" Toby laughed as he took the jar from her.

"My grandpa was in Nam....said only family did anything nice for him afterward. Wanted to do something nice for you, even if it's only a jar of preserves." Rikki smiled slightly at him as her eyes involuntary rolled slightly before going blank.

Whether it was her position on the steps or a repeat of last night no one knew, but as Rikki began to fall Mike caught her and carried her inside. Toby set the jar down, and laid a blanket on the floor for her.

"Get my pack on the table," he ordered. "How long she been doin' this?" He took the pack and shinned a light in her eyes.

"Off and on for two years that I know of. This is the second time in twenty-four hours though." Mike looked at the stark contrast of Toby's dark brown skin and Rikki's lightly tanned one and prayed that the battle weary medic could help.

"What battle she been in?"

"The worst one."

"Bastard still breathing?" Toby growled, trying hard to keep his wolf under control.

"No. Took care of that problem....Can you tell anything?"

Toby took a deep breath and turned off his light. "She needs a neurologist. I still got connections with a good one in Toronto." He looked at Mike, saw the deep concern there and realized that Rikki was more than just a close friend. "It's not serious, yet. It will be though." Before he could say anything else, Rikki started to come around.

She set up and held the back of her head, trying hard not to cry. Rikki felt gentle hands move hers and carefully feel the back of her head. The touches were identical to those Mike used with her, making Rikki wonder who had taught who. Finally, she heard the rich, deep voice from behind her.

"When did you get this skull fracture?"

Rikki tried to remember when it was. "About four and a half....maybe five years ago."

"How old are you, sweetheart?"

"Thirty." Everytime Rikki answered a question, Toby would glance at Mike who nodded.

"How often do you get these headaches, or black out?" He kept touching her head in certain spots, releasing the pressure slowly.

"I donno....the last one was about a month ago, maybe a little longer." Rikki's voice softened to a whisper with her next words. "Yesterday was the first time I passed out though."

Toby squeezed her shoulders tenderly before standing and helping Rikki to her feet. He placed a hand on her cheek and gave one of his rare smiles.

"Sweetheart, anytime you want to come out and learn about herbs and healing, you're welcome here." He then winked at Mike, "If you ever get tired of fuckin' around with an old man, you know where I'm at."

Rikki glanced at Mike, who was fighting to hide a smile, and responded to the offer. "If I ever do get tired of an old man, you'll be the first to know, Toby."

~~~~~~~

The men stood on the porch, while Rikki looked at the flowers and herbs growing in the small garden.

"Joking aside," Toby locked eyes with his Alpha, "if you have the feelings I think's there, you need to consider changing her."

"Is it that serious?" The color drained from his face.

"I'm just a field medic, but from what I've seen.....it could very easily come to it." Toby took a deep breath. "Ive seen bad head injuries in the field, girl's been lucky."

"I'll see to it. Coming to the winter gathering?"

"If Baby Girl'll be there I will. Want to keep a check on her."

Toby watched them drive away, hoping his gut was wrong about Rikki.

Offline mcclyn

• Dom's Desire
« Reply #56 on: Fri, Aug 21, 2009, 06:45 AM »
I have taken a liking to this Joey :cry , I hope she is ok !   as alway's Rav , loving it  :hugs

Offline maryk

• Supporter
  • Xander's xXx
« Reply #57 on: Fri, Aug 21, 2009, 07:08 AM »
Great update, Riddick's Raven!  :hugs  I'm pretty worried about Rikki, sounds like something drastic is going to happen soon...

Offline paulmtk

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #58 on: Fri, Aug 21, 2009, 12:21 PM »
Woo Hoo!  An update!!

Interesting chappie, little confusing thugh :confused

Looking forward to the next update and learning more about the changing process since you have done an awesome job  :hugs

Offline Riddicks Raven

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #59 on: Fri, Aug 21, 2009, 12:36 PM »
Thank you all.

Mcclyn: Glad you like Toby, he's gonna be in a important chapter.

maryk: Something is gonna happen that will affect their relationship, but not for a while yet.

paulmtk:
so correct me if I'm wrong but you fast forwarded 2 years since Mike took care of the bast***?

I was refering to the fact Mike had known her for two years, and was amazed at how much she had changed since then.  You will understand the connection soon...a few chapters I think. Thank you for the comments, more on werewolf customs in the next couple of chapters.  :hugs

Rav