Author Topic: [ORI]A Matter of Trust 21/? [NC-17] 03-04-13  (Read 2301 times)

Offline Riddicks Raven

• Supreme VXer
[ORI]A Matter of Trust 21/? [NC-17] 03-04-13
« on: Sat, Jul 18, 2009, 06:33 AM »
Author: Riddicks Raven

Title: A Matter of Trust

Chapters: 1/?

Rating: NC-17 over all

Fandom: Other

Warning: None I can think of in this chapter, unless you count the mention of breathplay.

Disclaimer: To date, everyone in this comes from my own twisted mind.  :hugs

Chapter 1

Rikki set the bag of charcoal down next to her large grill, before going back inside for the vegetables. She had invited Mike over for another cook-out, and was excited to see her friend again. Their friendship was a bit unusual, a no holds barred, nothing is taboo type of thing. The discussions could begin with tearing down a motor and end with detailed sex questions.

She had severe trust issues when it came to men. Mike was about the only one she completely trusted, and knew that trust was returned. They had met two years ago, and as their friendship grew and became comfortable he came out to her as a werewolf last year.. He didn't just tell Rikki, he shifted for her; in turn she told him about the common-law husband who had abused her, making her run all the way to Canada.

As she went back into the kitchen to grab a coke, she heard the familiar rumblings of the 455 Chevy big block that powered Mike's old four wheel drive. Rikki had been hoping that he would be on the Harley, but with bringing the meat the truck did make more sense. She opened the door expecting to see him with the small, lunch box type cooler that he usually brought. Instead Mike was stepping onto the deck with a packed full sized cooler. Rikki took one look at his straining muscles and held the door for him, allowing him inside in order to set it down.

"Shoulda let me help with that," Rikki chided as she handed him a coke.

"Think I'm too old, eh?" He took a drink then looked at the bottle. "What? I don't deserve a beer for this?" Mike tapped the cooler with his boot.

"You're not old, you're aged, and the beer is for lunch." She waited, wondering what kind of come back he would have.

"Aged, huh? Like a fine wine." He swirled the coke around the bottle like it were a expensive wine.

"I was thinkin' more on the lines of mouldy cheese." Rikki tried not to laugh at the mock look of hurt on her friend's face, but didn't succeed.

Mike ducked and cocked his head slightly, letting out a low, predatory growl. "I will make you pay for that."

"Promises, promises. You're always threatenin' me." She smiled at him as she rolled her eyes slightly.

He watched as her eyes rolled and wondered if it was done on purpose or if it was one of her ticks again. Mike hoped that it was intended, because everytime her eyes rolled on their own, he was tempted to track down her ex and eat him alive. Today was to be enjoyed, not for him to be planning on crossing the border and heading to the American Mid-South for blood. For now, he popped the lid on the cooler and handed her four vacuum sealed, elk steaks.

"Get these ready for the marinade, the rest is for your freezer." 

"Mike," she stammered, "there's got to be close to a hundred pounds here."

"Needed the room," he shrugged, "had to do something with it, thought you might enjoy it."

He watched as Rikki gracefully squatted beside him as she checked the meat. Mike never kept meat frozen for over two years, but this elk was taken just a few months ago. Something in him wanted to give it to her, whether it was to see the shock on her face, or the smile he couldn't say. Maybe it was the fact that he hadn't felt any sincere warmth toward a woman in over ninety years. There was something that pulled him to Rikki and he had no intention of fighting it.

"Your mother didn't teach you any manners, eh?" Mike tilted his chin up slightly as he spoke, allowing his Alpha personality to peak out at her.

Rikki jerked her head up and looked at him in surprise. She knew of the Huron custom of when someone gives you a gift, you need to give one back. To a traditional it would be a huge insult if you didn't, and Mike was definitely raised in the old ways.

"I...I don't have anything to give you." She felt like a mouse at the admission, until he smiled at her.

"You already have." He loved the confused look on her face. "Your friendship and understanding have always been more than enough." His smile turned to a full blown grin. "'Sides, I just like tweaking you."

"Oh you fucker!" Rikki laughed as she shoved him on his ass, causing him to laugh as well.

~~~~~

The food had finished cooking and they were seated at the picnic table on her deck when Mike asked about a plate of round fried things that he couldn't identify by scent or sight.

"You're jokin' right?" The look on his face told Rikki that he wasn't. "These are fried green tomatoes. They're very good."

"Fried what?"

"Green tomatoes. Hun, I'm from the south remember? Give us hot grease, batter, somethin' to dip it in an' we'll fry it. From veggies to twinkies." She had to laugh at the shocked look on his face. "Almost three hundred years old, and never ate a fried green tomato....you're just deprived."

"Maybe, maybe not," he muttered as he placed one on his plate. He sliced it in half and popped it into his mouth and chewed. "Oh that's good." The surprised look on his face made Rikki smile.

While they were finishing off the meal, Rikki watched as Mike carefully sliced his steak. For the first time she could easily picture him ripping into a raw piece of meat growling, daring someone to try and take it. Also she just as easily saw him in a tuxedo, at a formal engagement carefully taking smaller bites and being the consummate gentleman. His persona flowed to extremes and was content to rest in the middle. Rikki's train of thought was broken by Mike saying her name again. She could tell he was slightly concerned that she may have zoned out on him again, instead of daydreaming.

"Sorry, I was off in lala land." Gazing into his green eyes, Rikki knew that he had been more than slightly concerned and she felt bad for worrying him.

"S'k. I just asked what turned you on. What get's your juices flowin?" Relieved that she was alright, Mike resumed his round of questions.

"Oh so it's gonna be like that today, huh?" Rikki smirked at him, while he drummed his fingers on the table and nodded. "Someone who doesn't judge me."

Mike cocked his head and stared at her. "You're holdin' back. Nothin' is taboo, remember. All questions must be answered honestly." He leaned forward slightly. "What. Turns. You. On?"

She looked at the table, the sky, anything to take the heat out from her cheeks. Finally she answered. "Your eyes and your smile. That honest enough for you, smartass?"

Mike leaned back and smiled. That hadn't been what he expected, but it was a welcome answer. Now he knew he was on the hotseat and inwardly cringed at what Rikki might ask.

"Okay, Candles. What turns you on?"

It was Mike's turn to look down, his face bright red. His golden skin tones made it look like his face was on fire. Rikki had never seen him blush before and wondered what could be so embarrassing that he got shy with her.

Slowly he raised his eyes to meet hers and spoke in a clear voice. "I like breathplay."

"That's a broad term. What do you mean exactly?" There was no mocking tone to her voice, just honest curiosity.

"I like to be choked. More specifically, I like to be choked while someone is riding me....That's really good." Mike was glad she wasn't shocked, but after the bombshell he dropped on her last summer, there wasn't a lot left to shock her. "You must have complete trust with your partner to do it though."

"I don't have many I trust." Rikki looked into his eyes as she spoke.

"Neither do I," he agreed. Mike opened two cold beers and handed her one. "To friends we can trust." He leaned his bottle towards hers.

"To friends we can trust." She smiled and they both laughed as the bottle glass clinked together.
« Last Edit: Mon, Mar 04, 2013, 04:50 PM by Riddicks Raven »

You're not afraid of the dark, are you?

Offline mcclyn

• Dom's Desire
Re: [ORI]A Matter of Trust 1/? [NC-17] 7-18-09
« Reply #1 on: Sat, Jul 18, 2009, 07:24 AM »
:) roll on the next chapter  :hugs

Offline Riddicks Raven

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #2 on: Sun, Jul 19, 2009, 03:02 PM »
Thanks hun.  :rule

Rav

Offline mcclyn

• Dom's Desire
« Reply #3 on: Sun, Jul 19, 2009, 06:25 PM »
ok rav , cant wait ! it's soo exciting !  :hugs

Offline paulmtk

• Supreme VXer
  • Builidng a door so opportunity can knock!!
« Reply #4 on: Tue, Jul 21, 2009, 11:57 AM »
Veeery Interesting  :hugs

More??

Offline Riddicks Raven

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #5 on: Tue, Jul 21, 2009, 02:15 PM »
Thank you paulmtk. Hopefully it will be up tomorrow.  :rule

Rav

Offline Riddicks Raven

• Supreme VXer
Re: [ORI]A Matter of Trust 2/? [NC-17] 7-22-09
« Reply #6 on: Wed, Jul 22, 2009, 05:51 AM »

Chapters: 2/?

Warning: A brief look into the abuse suffered by Rikki, including implied oral rape, so if this bothers you skip the second half of the dream sequence.

Disclaimer: To date, everyone in this comes from my own twisted mind.  :hugs

Chapter 2

They placed the dishes in the sink and walked into her small living room laughing. They both needed days like this, each for different reasons. As they sat on the couch, Rikki grabbed the remote, and turned on the TV, happy that The Red Green Show was on.

Mike had learned to appreciate the show with her. He had never been one for watching "idiot boxes", but seeing Rikki laugh and relax during certain comedies had him thinking maybe it wasn't so bad after all. While watching Harold being shocked at a story Red was telling about Stinky Peterson, Mike noticed a subtle shift in Rikki's scent and realized that soon she would be asleep. It was something that he had come to accept, a side effect of the years of abuse she had endured. He also viewed it as a testament to the amount of trust she had in him, that she no longer fought passing out with him around, counting on him to protect her.

Soon he felt Rikki's head rest against his shoulder, so carefully Mike eased her into laying down with her head laying on his right thigh. He was proud at how far she had come in this. At first he had to talk her into laying beside him, then later just saying the word relax soothed her. Now all he had to do was take a gentle grip on her body to ease her into place.

'Too bad your asleep', he thought as he glanced down at her, 'it's your favorite episode.' Mike laughed as quietly as possible watching Red demonstrate the uses of Duct Tape. It's hard to be quiet while watching a grown man Duct Tape an air conditioner to a van, then drive away with it plugged into the house with a hundred foot of drop cord. As he was watching the show, Rikki was beginning to dream.

~~~~~~~

'Mike, what are you doing?" She stood there in shock as he began taking off his clothes and folding them before placing the garments on her couch.

"You asked for proof, I'm giving it to you." He folded his jeans and laid them with the rest.

"How-how is being naked gonna prove anything?" She knew her voice cracked with fear and her mouth was suddenly dry.

"Don't be afraid of me, Rikki. I'd never hurt you, never you."

Rikki was rooted in place as she witnessed his emerald green eyes change to a light golden brown. He went to his hands and knees, moaning and grunting painfully as his body changed. Within a minute an enormous white wolf with pale cinnamon highlights stood before her.

Mike saw the shocked look on her face, and took it for disgust. His tail drew up tightly between his legs, his head drooped and his eyes took on a most mournful expression. Fearful that he had just destroyed the easy friendship they enjoyed, his legs trembled.

Rikki knelt in front of him, and raised his head. "Your beautiful."

At the sound of her words, he raised his head and wagged his tail slightly as he licked her face. Relieved that things would stay the same with them, Mike placed his huge head on her shoulder and sighed.

After he had changed again and put his pants on, they sat side by side on her floor. Mike smiled at her as he cupped her face in his hand. Slowly he leaned over and kissed her. Rikki didn't remember this happening that day, they had talked but Mike had never tried to kiss her. 'What da hell?' She thought as she leaned into him.

Suddenly Mike grabbed her by the throat and growled in a voice that wasn't his own, a voice that terrified her.

"Gotta teach ya a lesson, bitch."

It wasn't Mike's face in front of her, but that of Johnny, her ex, and his grip was tightening. He slammed her head back against the hard floor twice, making it bleed. Through the pain, Rikki realized that Johnny had released her, and opened her eyes. With her vision blurry, she couldn't see very much, except for the steel toed boot that was aimed at her face. Her brain was now overloaded with agony as she swallowed bone and blood. Rikki gasped for air while Johnny's hand snatched her to her knees by the hair, and held her there while he unzipped his pants.

"Now you'll learn how ta do it right, ya fuckin' whore."

~~~~~~~

Mike turned his full attention to Rikki as she dreamed. He heard her whisper beautiful just before catching a slight hint of arousal. He had never smelled that on her during the two years they had known each other, and Mike wanted to be the one she was dreaming of. To be the one that brought the sigh from her and placed the slight smile on her face. Suddenly the smile turned to fear, and her body jerked hard. Before he could attempt to wake her, Rikki sat up screaming.

"NOOOOO!!!!"

Rikki bent double with one hand on the back of her head and the other holding her mouth. She started crying at the memory and the pain that now blasted through the back of her head. As she opened her eyes, Rikki saw Mike kneeling in front of her. Worry coated his eyes at having, for the first time, seen one of her nightmares. Her headaches he had dealt with, but not this. Quickly, she removed the dental appliances that now served as her upper and lower front teeth and gripped them tightly.

"Rikki...hun, let me have them. You'll break them and cut you hand." Mike used a soothing voice with her. It was the same one that he used with new werewolves within his pack to calm them.

Slowly her shaking hand opened and Mike took the dentures to the kitchen, placing them in a cup of water. When he returned, Rikki had one hand on her stomach and the other still on the back of her head. Realizing that the headache must have caused the nightmare, Mike sat against the couch arm and pulled her between his legs. She didn't struggle against him, knowing that he would be using an old form of acupressure to relieve the pain.

It didn't take long for the pain to subside, making Rikki relax slightly as Mike slowly began to work his fingers into her tight neck muscles. He was taken completely by surprise when she took his right hand and rested her cheek against it.

"Mike....I'm afraid he's gonna find me." She whispered as tears pooled on the back of his hand.

Tenderly, he turned her head to face him. "You know what will happen if he puts one foot in Ontario?"

"No," she whispered.

"I'll hear about it," golden brown passed over his green eyes as he spoke, "and I'll find him. Then I'll eat him...skin, hair, everything. Mounties will have to sift through shit to find the bastard. He'll never touch you again. I swear it." Normally Mike didn't curse around women, but his feelings toward this "man" couldn't be spoken in polite language.

Rikki leaned her head against his and whispered, "Tell me about your family....how you were changed."

Mike sighed, and unconsciously placed a small kiss on her head before taking a deep breath. Then he began to speak.

Offline Montgomery Burns 13

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
  • Every hero needs a formidable villain
« Reply #7 on: Wed, Jul 22, 2009, 11:45 AM »
Interesting start!  I like it so far. :rule
Who needs love when you've got a gun, who needs love to have some fun. Black Flag
Feelings are overrated. Dean Winchester

my fanfics

Offline Riddicks Raven

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #8 on: Wed, Jul 22, 2009, 12:40 PM »
Thank you Monty! I'm always thrilled when you leave me feedie. Makes me truly feel like I've done something when you reply.  :rule  Hope you keep enjoying it.

Rav

Offline mcclyn

• Dom's Desire
« Reply #9 on: Wed, Jul 22, 2009, 04:19 PM »
:)

Offline mimiandyjam1606

• Dom's Desire
« Reply #10 on: Thu, Jul 23, 2009, 05:57 PM »
OOOHHHH....::swoon:: :dream

I was just surfing through the Vx website, when this little precious gem had fallen into my lap (or should I say, "floating into my computer"). I love anything and everything that revolves around werewolves! If it is a movie about werewolves, I'll watch the movie. If it's a novel about them, I'll read the book. Werewolf stories are so underrated...everything seems to be about vampires...
I love your story, even though you have only written two chapters so far, but I am sure that I am going to love your story so much. Reading the first chapter has left me with a blush that was so brutal that my cheeks was beginning to hurt...actually, it was Mike that was making me blush!!! Update soon, please!!!
Now let me go before you think of me as even crazier, werewolf lady.
"You Never Go Ass To Mouth, Randall!!" Dante, "Clerks 2"

Offline Riddicks Raven

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #11 on: Fri, Jul 24, 2009, 12:04 PM »
Thank you mimi.  :hugs  I think werewolf/shapeshifter stories are very underrated. I have another werewolf fic in this section you might enjoy as well. It's called Wolfen. I've just finished up chapter 3 and hopefully it will be up soon. Thanks for reading this.

Rav

Offline paulmtk

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #12 on: Fri, Jul 24, 2009, 12:12 PM »
Ugh, she has been through some stuff, which I'm sure this chapter is just the tip of the iceberg  :laughter

Looking forward to more interesting reading  :rule

Offline NorthernLights

• Administrator
  • Supreme VXer
  • Packing up and moving out
« Reply #13 on: Fri, Jul 24, 2009, 05:33 PM »
More.
Please.

:hide

Offline Riddicks Raven

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #14 on: Sat, Jul 25, 2009, 05:31 AM »
I will have chapter 3 up shortly. I have some slight tweaking to do and some pics to add. It's gonna be a long one.  :rule

Offline Riddicks Raven

• Supreme VXer
Re: [ORI]A Matter of Trust 3/? [NC-17] 7-25-09
« Reply #15 on: Sat, Jul 25, 2009, 06:37 AM »

Chapters: 3/?

Warning: Where do I start? Murder, ethnic cleansing, battle, blood, gore, death, rage, and anything else that may go with it.

Disclaimer: To date, everyone in this comes from my own twisted mind.  :hugs  This chapter was hard for me to write, because of the historical contint that is related to my Native roots. The actions depected here by the English is based on historical facts and events.

Chapter 3

Rikki smiled and lay her head against Mike's chest. Chills ran down her spine at the change in his accent. It tended to take on a slight Scottish brogue laced with Huron when he spoke of his past, which he rarely did. Mike began slowly, making sure he had the dates in the correct order.

"My granda, Angus MacDonald, was an average lad, with long blond hair and piercing blue eyes. He was the sixth of eight wean's, an' all of them had been raised on his da's stories of William Wallace. Stories passed down from an ancestor that had fought with him." He paused briefly to check her scent, reassuring himself that she was alright.

"On February, 13, 1692, John Dalrymple ordered the massacre of the Clan MacDonald in Glencoe, Scotland. Angus was sixteen at the time." Mike expected the old rage to return at remembering his Grandfather's story, instead there was only sadness. Rikki squeezed his hand in support and he squeezed back. "Granda never would go into great detail, but they attacked at night while everyone was asleep. There was chaos, and blood everywhere. Angus, his da and one of his brothers managed to escape after the battle, but only Angus survived the night. The others died of their injuries. His ma and sisters were killed in their beds and the house burned down around them. Angus later discovered that anyone under seventy was to have been put to the sword."

Mike leaned back his head and exhaled. As he glanced to the side, he saw the row of tall triangle shapes that in-circled his left bicep, and he smiled to himself. He had grown up during one of the most violent times in North American history and over the centuries when he would be on the brink of insanity, all he needed to keep a toe hold would be a glimpse of his arm or of the tattoo of the wolf paw centering his chest. That would remind him of who he truly was. A Huron warrior born into the Wolf Clan.

"Mike?" Rikki asked softly, causing him to look into her eyes and smile.

"I'm alright, just remembering." The look of compassion her face held made Mike realize what his wolf already knew, Rikki was his mate. He was willing to take his time with her in order to make things right and part of that was how he came to be this regions dominate alpha. "Understandably, Angus was busted, his heart was gone and he could nae' bring himself to return home. Finally he managed to book passage on a ship bound for The Canadian Territories. It was there he joined up with the Hudson Bay Company. During the next two years he had developed a good relationship with the tribes here and began to explore into southern Ontario. That was when Angus met the Huron for the first time."

As Mike told his story, Rikki began to see his words come to life in front of her eyes.

Southern Ontario, 1714

It had been twenty years since Angus had met the Huron that fateful day, and he never looked back. He had been taken to the Clan's matriarch, and by way of warrior who spoke English, told his story. The old woman had laughed when Angus had finished and exclaimed, "Not Eng'lis, not France', but a man of The People....Clan."

During the next several years, he not only had been adopted into the Wolf Clan, but after proving himself a warrior and good hunter, had married the daughter of the group's shaman. A beautiful young woman named Shy Fox. The following spring they had been blessed with a daughter, and eventually two sons. It was the teenaged sons that he now hunted deer with.  

They were looking for fresh tracks when Angus heard a song that he never thought to hear again. Motioning for the boys to be silent, they approached the sound. Peering through the trees he spied a young man about eighteen, with light red hair. From the patterns on his bonnet, Angus knew him to be from one of the highland clans. Silently the three stepped into view and waited to be noticed.

Alistair McGregor was lost, cold and wondering if his decision to leave the highlands was wise. He was jerked from his thoughts by a soft cough. Snapping his head up, Alistair was shocked to be staring at three men with their heads shaved, except for the strip running down the center of their scalps. The oldest one was blond and heavily tattooed. Acting on instinct, Alistair grabbed his knife and held it before him.

"Come nae closer, I will defend ma'self." The two younger men looked at each other, while the older man arched an eyebrow at him.

"Highlander," Angus was surprised at how easily a language unspoken by him in two decades came back. "Put that dirk doon, we mean you nae harm."

Alistair stared in shock at the older man whose baritone voice left no room for discussion. After replacing the dirk on his belt, he straightened his back and spoke.

"Alistair McGregor of the Clan McGregor."

"Welcome, McGregor. I'm Angus MacDonald formally of the Clan MacDonald. My sons, Moon Stalker," he pointed to the youth on his right, then to the other one, "and Raven Caller."

"You actually live with these godless savages?" The young man asked with disbelief.

"Laddie, they be no more a savage than William Wallace. I think we better take you to the clan mother, before my in-laws mistake you for a bloody Englishman."

"Your in-laws?"

"The Huron, laddie. These days we don't take too well to strangers in our lands."

It took some time, but Alistair was also adopted into the village, but by a different clan. Even though life with the Huron was different than in Scotland, with Angus' help the young man made the adjustment fine, even to the point of marrying Angus' daughter, Shinning Star Woman. Within a year, and after a long delivery, one of the mid-wives, brought the baby out to the waiting father and grandfather. Alistair, now known as One Who Changes, held his son with tears on his face. The baby had his grandfather's blond hair, his father's green eyes and the dark skin of his native family.

"Have you decided on a name for my grandson?" Even with the tribe being martingale, Angus wanted his son-in-law to be able to give the baby one of his names; fortunately the clan mothers agreed..

"Michael Ian McGregor," he said softly.

"A fine name, son, a fine name. When she has a chance to rest, Shinning Star Woman will have his clan name." The mid-wife took Mike away from his father and returned to the lodge where his mother was waiting.

Several years later after finishing his rights of passage, Mike was tattooed with the wolf paw, symbol of his mother's clan and given the name Running Wolf. It didn't take him long to prove himself a good provider, and in his sixteenth year married a young woman named Morning Star. They had been married a month when it was his turn to go on the hunting party. They were having no luck, as if the animals were hiding. It was then that one of the men noticed boot prints heading towards the village. The twelve men ran fast, hoping to reach their families first.

They weren't far from camp when they heard women wailing. With dread filling his heart, Running Wolf passed the group of hunters and headed straight for his family's lodge, screaming her name. The destruction was great, and the lodges were all burning. Alistair found his son cradling his wife's bloody head in his lap, stroking where her hair had been. Angus's bloody body lay beside her, his claymore still in hand.

"Why da? Why did they take her hair?" Running Wolf's face was slack, grief consuming his once shinning eyes.

"I'm not sure, son...but if we are to live, and avenge their lives we have to move. Now."

Grief and rage consumed his heart as they tracked the British soldiers. They finally caught up with them and one broke away, trying to hide in the forest. Roaring, Running Wolf was after him, his grandfather's claymore in hand.

The soldier stumbled, landing on his knees. When he turned around, he was faced with six foot of pissed off blond Huron. There was a dark blue hand print on the right side of his face, the left side was completely black. Sinking to his knees, the soldier took a chance.

"Mercy, I beg you for mercy."

Running Wolf growled at the man, noticing his wife and grandfather's hair hanging from his belt. He fought for control as his words came out in Scots.

"Like ma wife did? If there is a hell, I'm sure I'll be there, but I'll be haudin' the gates fur ye, Englishman." With all the strength he possessed, he cleaved the soldier in half, from one shoulder to the opposite hip.

As the halves slipped to the ground, Running Wolf roared with rage. Denied his family, and even the chance to fulfill the mourning ritual, he began to slip into madness. Over the next few years, he took his revenge on every British soldier and every tribe that aligned with them, and became known as the Ghost Warrior.

It was during that time that the wolf spirit came and attacked him. Knowing the wounds were mortal, Running Wolf closed his eyes, and whispered his wife's name one last time. He was surprised to awake in an old Huron shaman's lodge. He explained to the younger man that the wolf had chosen him as his own. When he would need it, Running Wolf would be able to change into him. Slowly with the elder's help, he gained control of his sanity and the wolf within.

~~~~~~~

Mike looked down at Rikki and smiled. She had gone to sleep listening to his story. Part of him was grateful for that fact. For now at least, he wouldn't have to tell of his journey to Northern Ontario where he met the Inuits. And his sons' mother.. That was a part of his story that he wasn't sure he could tell at this time. Snow Bird's loss had nearly been too much for him to bare.

Carefully, he picked Rikki up and carried her to her room. He placed her on the bed then removed his shirt to lay behind her. Mike placed one arm around her, knowing that when she awoke and saw the tattoo, Rikki would know who held her and be at peace.

« Last Edit: Sat, Jul 25, 2009, 11:19 AM by Riddicks Raven »

Offline mcclyn

• Dom's Desire
« Reply #16 on: Sat, Jul 25, 2009, 10:48 AM »
:hugs

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
« Reply #17 on: Sat, Jul 25, 2009, 11:13 AM »
The background story is pretty interesting. :rule
Who needs love when you've got a gun, who needs love to have some fun. Black Flag

my fanfics

Offline Riddicks Raven

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #18 on: Sat, Jul 25, 2009, 04:23 PM »
Thank you both so much!  :hugs Currently, I'm setting up things for some pay back on Rikki's behalf, which could get interesting in more way than one.

Offline mimiandyjam1606

• Dom's Desire
« Reply #19 on: Sat, Jul 25, 2009, 05:46 PM »
Damn you, Raven! You are slowly, but surely is trying to make me fall in love with Mike...and it's working! ::giggles::
Your story is beautifully written, darling. In my mind's eye, I can feel every little thing and see every detail.

I love you, Mike...damn it...I mean, um...damn you, Raven!
"You Never Go Ass To Mouth, Randall!!" Dante, "Clerks 2"

Offline Riddicks Raven

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #20 on: Mon, Jul 27, 2009, 05:44 AM »
mimi, if you're falling for Mike now, just wait for the next couple of chapters.

Rav

Offline Riddicks Raven

• Supreme VXer
Re: [ORI]A Matter of Trust 4/? [NC-17] 7-27-09
« Reply #21 on: Mon, Jul 27, 2009, 06:00 AM »

Chapters: 4/?

Warning: Mention of underage marriage.

Disclaimer: To date, everyone in this comes from my own twisted mind.  :hugs

Chapter 4

It had been a week since Mike had been at Rikki's and now he and his oldest son, Mike Jr., was standing in the home of the Sulfur Creek Alpha. They had never been to Tennessee before, but they had contact with Jason Perkins several times over the years.

Jason was five foot nine inches tall, and two hundred years old. A little young for an Alpha, but then again so was his pack. Respect was a big thing for him, so when Mike contacted him saying he needed to meet with the Mid South Alphas, Jason invited him down while they arranged things. They now stood in the pack's conference room, seated at a large round table surrounded by ten Alphas and their seconds. Jason stood and made the announcement.

"I want to thank y'all for coming on such short notice. Most of you either know or know of Mike Candles, of the Cold River Pack. He's come here requestin' assistance, and now I'll let him explain his situation."

Mike stood, nodded to Jason, then faced the other Alphas.

"There is a man in the Tennessee State Prison, about to be released in a few weeks. Johnny Jones."

"What da hell does this have to do with us, Candles? Since when does a Canadian were concern himself with a human con?" It was Bobby Jackson from the West Virgina Pack. He had a turf war with Mike several years ago, and still resented the fact that the Canadian had handed his ass to him.

Mike tossed out Johnny's mug shots onto the table as he spoke.. "Since this fucker beat my mate four years ago, and still poses a threat to her life once he's released." He then tossed pictures of Rikki onto the table with her face beat in. At the sight of her hospital photos, even the most hardened Alphas expressed their disgust.

"She been changed?" One of the men asked.

"No. She's the reason he's in lockup though. He will want revenge on her."

"What do you want from us?" Bobby couldn't stand the older Alpha, but his dad always taught him not to hit women, and someone's mate was definitely a no-no.

"Just watch for him. I want his every move observed. If the bastard makes one move towards that fuckin' border....I want to know about it." Mike's eyes changed colors as his anger began to rise.

Cold River, Ontario

Rikki drove her open top Jeep through Cold River's streets. She had found this small town by accident two years ago when she needed gas. It was roughly between Toronto and Thunder Bay. Having fallen in love with it's charm and old fashioned buildings, Rikki had spent a small portion of her disability money to buy her small house in the woods. Knowing that Mike's pack also lived in the area normally put her at ease, even though she only knew five of them. Today dread and worry had taken it's place. It had been two weeks since she had heard from or seen him, and that was very unusual.

She parked in the lot for The Bike Shop and sighed sadly at not seeing his Harley there. Mike owned the business along with a couple of others, leaving them to be run by his sons. This one was managed by his oldest son and his wife, Kamook. She walked into the shop hoping someone would be able to tell her something.

"Rikki! It's good to see you again." Kami, as her closest friends called her, hugged Rikki warmly. "What's wrong?" She asked as she pulled back, keeping her hands on the other woman's shoulders.

"I'm worried about Mike. He always at least calls me or something. Ain't heard from him in two weeks."

Kami sighed at the forlorn look on Rikki's face and smiled. "He's just fine. He and MJ got called away on urgent pack business. They should be home any day. I don't think Mike had to much time before he left, or he would have told you. Come on, let's talk out back."

They walked out the back door to where an auto bench seat had been set up under a large tree. As they sat down, Kami took Rikki's hands in hers and began to speak. Perhaps it wasn't her place to say anything, but knew if her friend had all the facts, her mind would be more at ease.

"I don't know if you're aware of it, but Da really likes you." She smiled slightly at the shock on Rikki's face.

"He does?" Rikki tried to believe her friends words. "How are you so sure? He's never said anything."

"He may not, he's told me about some of the things that's happened. Just to make sure he wouldn't push you too far." Kami wanted to reassure her that Mike didn't have a big mouth. "It's more than that though, he lights up and smiles when he speaks about you, or if he sees you around somewhere. I haven't seen him like that since Snow Bird died." She paused to let Rikki digest what had been said. "It's plain, to me at least, that you love him too."

"It is?" Rikki said softly.

"To me it is. When you walked into the shop just now, it was very obvious." Rikki blushed deeply at the fact she had just been handed.

"How old were you when you first met him?" Trying to change the subject, Rikki decided to ask about his time with the Inuit.

"I was ten when he walked out of the snow storm to our camp. He was covered with furs and had a pack full of trade goods. I had a crush on him at first sight." Her beautiful Inuit fetchers blushed with the admission. "He stayed with us all winter, and by spring he was madly in love with Snow Bird."

"What was she like?" Rikki knew her death was the source of deep grief for Mike, even today.

"A lot like you, but younger. Caring, compassionate and beautiful. She came from long lines of shapeshifters, and she would shift to help bring in game sometimes. That's how the boys were born werewolves.."

"Wow....how much younger was she?"

Kami hesitated for a moment. "Don't let this change how you feel about him, but she was fourteen." There was no way for Rikki to hide the shock on her face. "I know you're wonderin' how he could marry someone so young. Remember the time and the place, hun. My people rarely grew into elders, and we matured very quickly. What would be considered a child today, had more maturity that most thirty year olds do." She smiled as Rikki nodded in understanding. "Their love was very deep, passionate and lasted for over twenty years....until she died one winter." Kami dropped her head slightly, then smiled when Rikki hugged her.

"What happened?"

She had delivered Nick, Da's youngest son, a month earlier and she took very ill soon after. Da was near panic trying to find someone to help her. She hadn't passed all the afterbirth and it made her sick. He was holding her when she finally passed." Kami wiped her tears and then Rikki's. She was about to say more when the sound of Mike's '72 Mustang Grande roared down the street. "We better straighten up, our "boys" are home."

Rikki laughed and made a mental note not to ask Mike about Snow Bird. When he felt he could tell her, she knew he would.

Both men walked around the building to the back of the shop, and Rikki realized just how right Kami was. She did love him, but the sight of both men striding towards them pissed her off. Mike sat next to Rikki and MJ kissed Kami passionately before looking at his father.

"Da, we're gonna close the shop and go home." Mike nodded and waved a hand at his son, then placed an arm on the seat behind Rikki.

"A hundred years together and they still act like newlyweds." He laughed before noticing the coolness coming from Rikki. "You're mad at me, eh?"

She turned to face him, tears of rage in her eyes. "Oh I donno....you go missing for two weeks. Two fuckin' weeks! I donno if your dead, hurt, or if you just don't want to be around me no more. You fuckin' tell me. Am I pissed, Mike?"

He sighed hard, the wolf inside wanting desperately to hold and kiss the pissed look off her face, but Mike resisted...for now.

"I didn't have time to say anything.. It needed to be taken care of now, not later. I'm sorry for worrying you." Mike didn't know what to expect out of her, but it wasn't what happened.

"I gotta pay some bills." Rikki stood up and walked away, leaving him sitting there with his mouth hanging open. She hadn't reached the corner of the building when he caught up with her, and spun her around.

"Rikki," he cradled her face in his hands as he spoke, "you know what it's like for me. I have responsibilities to the pack. Sometimes it involves me leaving on a moments notice to handle a problem." He was relieved that she hadn't slapped him....yet. "I never meant to scare you like that. Can't do anything about this time, but I'll make you a promise, okay?" Rikki nodded. "When it happens again, and it will, Kami or one of the boys will tell you if I can't. Are we still good?"

"Yeah, we cool." Rikki had to smile at his sigh of relief.

"If the bills can wait a couple of hours, let me buy you lunch to make amends."

"You're on."

Together they walked across the street to the dinner.

Offline mcclyn

• Dom's Desire
« Reply #22 on: Mon, Jul 27, 2009, 09:58 AM »
:happydance woo hoo !! another fantastic chapter  :hugs

Offline paulmtk

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #23 on: Mon, Jul 27, 2009, 02:07 PM »
:rule

This chapter with Mike going to where Rikki's ex is coming out of prison gave some more insight into his level of power/respect and how the clans work; interesting

Question, just how old is Mike if his son and wife have been together a hundred years  :hugs

Offline Riddicks Raven

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #24 on: Tue, Jul 28, 2009, 06:37 AM »
Thank you both so much.  :rule

This chapter with Mike going to where Rikki's ex is coming out of prison gave some more insight into his level of power/respect and how the clans work; interesting

Question, just how old is Mike if his son and wife have been together a hundred years :hugs[/quote]

I couldn't find what I was looking for on the net, so I turned to one of my many books for info on the Huron and learned a few things.  :) Mike was born in Spring 1716, making him just shy of 300. What makes him seem older is the time and place he was raised, along with what he lived through. It gives him the insite and maturity of someone twice his age. As his region's dominate Alpha, it gives him free pass into all of Eastern Canada's pack territories without causing trouble. The Alpha's in other territories give him respect and entrance to their's when it's needed or he asks for their permission.

Glad you both are enjoying this.

Rav

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
« Reply #25 on: Tue, Jul 28, 2009, 12:50 PM »
Love the update. :grin Keep up the good work!

my fanfics

Offline Riddicks Raven

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #26 on: Wed, Jul 29, 2009, 07:06 AM »
Thanks, Monty! Actually Mike is a nice guy, just don't piss him off.  :laughter  The warrior and wolf are very close to the surface, something that is gonna come out big during the next few chapters.

Thank you to everyone for reading this and the wonderful feedies. It makes me all tingly inside.

Rav

Offline Riddicks Raven

• Supreme VXer
Re: [ORI]A Matter of Trust 5/? [NC-17] 7-30-09
« Reply #27 on: Thu, Jul 30, 2009, 06:56 AM »

Chapters: 5/?

Warning: None this chapter.

Disclaimer: To date, everyone in this comes from my own twisted mind.  :hugs I have never been to Thunder Bay International Airport, so the loose description in this chapter is based on Nashville's airport.

AN 2: The accent used by Johnny is what I sound like when I'm very, very tired. I've heard several of the "old folks" talk this way when I grew up. If I offend any other southerner with my wording, I deeply appolgise.

Chapter 5

It was slightly after midnight when Mike stepped out of the shower and dried off. It had been two months since his trip to Tennessee and he hadn't heard anything. He could always hope that Johnny had decided hunting Rikki down wouldn't be worth the effort. More than likely, he was just trying to locate her and make plans to have a little "reunion". Deciding to wait for word to come in, Mike turned his attention to the mirror on the door, trying to work things out in his head.

"Well, old man, when are you gonna get the balls to say something, eh? It's not like you expect her to jump into your arms, beg you to throw her against the wall and leave her senseless." He wiped the steam away, clearing the view of his face. "With everything that's happened, she may never want another man to touch her."

"Ahhh, but that's not how she acted when you came home. She was verrry worried about you, and didn't she have a little gleam in her eyes when you first walked around the corner? Yes, I believe she did. You just need to be honest with her; tell her how you really feel.....before you go insane again."

Mike looked at his reflection and smiled. "By all the Saints, Mike, I believe you're right. Thank you."

"Anytime, Mike."

He decided to talk with Rikki tomorrow and come clean with everything, but for now he was tired and needed to go to bed. Mike had just entered his room when his cell began to ring loudly.

"Candles," he answered.

"Southwest Airlines, flight 1724. Nashville to Thunder Bay, just now boarding."

That was all the voice said. Mike recognized it as Brandon, Jason's younger brother and second. Glancing at the clock, he saw that it was 12:20am. That would give him just four hours to be ready. Quickly he dressed, grabbed the Mustang's keys and headed for Rikki, grateful that she lived only two miles away. He parked beside the Jeep and ran into her house, bellowing.

"RIKKI!!!"

She ran into her living room, wet and only wearing a bathrobe which she had clutched tightly around her throat.

"Mike, what's wrong?" All the color had drained from her face at the sight of his eyes. They had turned golden brown.

"Get whatever you need for a week, and get it now!" His command was growled.

"What's wro"

"NOW."

He hadn't yelled the second time, but the tone in his voice had her scrambling for her clothes. Rikki knew that something terrible had happened, or Mike wouldn't be doing this. Quickly she had a bag packed which he snatched from her and ran out to the still running Mustang. No sooner than she closed the car door, Mike raced off into the night.

"Can you at least tell me where we're going?" Her fear had gone bone deep by this time.

"MJ and Kami's." His answer was short and blunt.

Rikki's eyes went wide as she slowly turned her head to face him.

"He's here....ain't he?" Tears slowly made their way down her cheeks; Mike's only answer was to press the accelerator even further down and growl.

In no time they had reached their destination, where MJ and Kami were on the porch waiting. Mike slammed the car into park, then turned to face her, grabbing her by the back of the neck.

"Listen to me. Do what they say, how they say it. Never be alone." He pulled her to him fast, and kissed her hard. "I need you to stay alive. You hear me? Stay. Alive." Mike kissed her again, but more gently, tasting tears on her lips. He then released her and placed his wrist over the steering wheel before looking out the driver's window. The door opened and he could hear Kami talking to her, but he never looked at her again before racing off.  

Rikki stood in their kitchen, her world once more turned upside down, sideways, and every other way possible. Kami was fixing her a cup of mint/clover tea to help her nerves, while MJ was prepared to answer her questions.

"He's here, ain't he?" She choked out through her tears.

"On his way. Da's en route to Thunder Bay to intercept him."

"We gotta stop him! You don't know what Johnny's capable of! Let me go back with him, and it will be over and done with! I gotta stop him!"

Rikki turned to run out the door, when MJ grabbed her, pulling her against him hard enough that air was forced from her lungs.

"Sshhh," he whispered as he placed a hand on the side of her face while staring into her eyes. "You don't know what Da is capable of, he can take care of it." MJ placed his right hand over her heart and felt how fast it was racing. "Slow down, you need to rest."

MJ had learned how to control unpredictable young werewolves from his father, and was thankful it worked on Rikki as well. As soon as he felt her sigh into submission, he turned her over to Kami who led Rikki to the guest room, and she slept well into the next day.

While Rikki was laying down, Mike was at the pack's communal garage. It was here they stored vehicles used for business and some of the packs more prized classic autos. It took him only a second to pick out what to take. A dark burgundy Hummer, he needed to make a good impression if his plan was going to work. Thunder Bay International Airport was nearly two hours away, it wouldn't leave him much time.

It was 2:30am when Mike arrived and parked in the Pick Up area, close to the door but making sure that the large Hummer wouldn't be in the way. As he walked in the door, Mike noticed several of the Thunder Bay pack doing various jobs. Most of them looked his way briefly, then went back to what they were doing.

At this hour, the terminal was mostly deserted, which would work into his plan nicely. Checking the marque flight plan, he noticed that the flight would be on schedule and smiled. Casually he went down stairs to the car rental area and set his scheme into motion. Once step 1 was accomplished, Mike went to one of the waiting areas, bought a coffee and relaxed.

Southwest Airways flight 1724 from Nashville, now arriving. Gate C24.

'Right on time.'

Mike smiled to himself as he waited to see Johnny, he had to insure that the report hadn't been a case of mistaken identity. He doubted that it was, but there was always that chance. Finally there he was, 6'2", thin, long stringy black hair, pock marked and smelled of cheap aftershave. 'What the hell did she ever see in this waste?' Mike wondered as he followed him down stairs.

It didn't take to much for Mike to slip around him and start talking to the pack member that was renting cars. It took everything they had not to bare their teeth at the stench of aftershave and body oder. One of the disadvantages of being a werewolf was smelling things no one else could. Johnny walked to the deserted station and began to speak. A voice that grated Mike's nerves like a cheese grater.

"'S'use me, Ah need a cur," he glanced at the man's nametag, "Jody."

"Of course, sir. We have several available. What is your destination?"

"A taon caaled Cold River, if it's any ta yur bizness."

"As a matter of fact, sir, it does have to be entered onto the forms here. But as luck should have it, this gentleman," Jody gestured to Mike, "is on his way back to Cold River now. Perhaps you could ride with him, it would save you quite a bit of money."

"Mike Candles." He offered his hand to Johnny and shook it. "My brother's flight got canceled at the last minute, wouldn't mind the company. Long drive, late hour."  Mike smiled..

"Johnny Jones. If yu sur it ain't gonna be outch yur way, then fine by me. Gotta taka leak first, gawddamed airliine java."

"Take your time, eh. I'll wait." Mike and Jody nodded and smiled at each other while Johnny walked to the nearest Men's Room.

Offline mcclyn

• Dom's Desire
« Reply #28 on: Thu, Jul 30, 2009, 11:00 AM »
:rule

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
« Reply #29 on: Thu, Jul 30, 2009, 12:03 PM »
C'mon, you can't stop here!  That's not fair! :devil1
Please update soon.

my fanfics