Author Topic: Fairy Tale Theater  (Read 6804 times)

Offline evilgrin

• Supreme VXer
  • Drinking whiskey in the Princess Bar
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Hello Beautiful
Fairy Tale Theater
« on: Mon, Sep 01, 2008, 05:55 AM »
Welcome to VX's Fairy Tale Theater!

In Fairy Tale Theater, readers and writers can both come together to recommend our favorite stories. Perhaps it's something that you found yourself unable to tear your eyes away from once you had started. Or a story that made you laugh, or cry. In some way, what you read affected you and you not only read and reread the story, you wanted to tell other people about it. Fairy Tale Theater is the place for you!

Once a month we will promote an older story that is worth reading again. This will be VX's Story of the Month.
When the Story of the Month is chosen, the Staff will add a post to the end of the story, a sort of a book review, where we explain why we think it would be a great read.

For three days, the recommendation will become a Global Announcement, where it will be seen on every page, in every forum, guaranteeing maximum exposure for the Story of the Month. When those three days are up, the recommendation will stay in this thread with all of the other recommendations, so that it will be easy to browse the titles at a glance.

How are the stories chosen?
Please visit this thread [link] and add your name if you'd like to make a recommendation. Each month, a random board member will be chosen from this thread, and we'll ask them what they like and why. The member can then make two or three suggestions which will go before the staff, who will be responsible for making the final decision. Once chosen, the member's selection will be promoted, along with a quote from them stating what makes it a great read. Remember, YOU get to make the recommendations for your favorite stories.

What stories can I recommend?
Selections can be made from any area of VX. This includes the "Fairy Tale" Forums, all Collaborative Forums, as well as Virtual Pleasures/Smut Me. Only completed stories posted at VX will be considered.

please make all comments here...

Stories:
Subsequential [x2]
Taylor's Tale
Neglected
Last Dance Redux
Dear Diary
Soul Hunt
Mission Objective: Pleasure
Heat
Leather
Be All End All
Last Chance Cafe
I Can't Let You Go
Riddick For Sale
Loyalty
Doppelganger
Rules
The Xander Zone
Hatari
A Reason
Just Between Friends
Socks, Jeans and Whores
The Last Contract
The Woman and the Warrior
Route 66
Because of You
Submit
Tempest
5’s Company
Bloodstock
Reality or Myth?
The Door in the Woods
Connect The Dots
Uninvited
The Visitor
Mercy
« Last Edit: Sun, Jun 05, 2011, 02:50 PM by Bitten »

Offline evilgrin

• Supreme VXer
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Hello Beautiful
September 2008 VX Story of the Month
« Reply #1 on: Mon, Sep 01, 2008, 06:04 AM »
Subsequential
author: Chriscent

It's too late when someone's gone to say all the things you should have, but there's a lot of time to think about them. To let them fester into something that would seem like hate if not for the way it wrenches at your heart.

On the surface, it would be easy to say that Subsequential is a love story and, from the pairings in the header, it would seem to be a conventionally hetero love story. Below, Subsequential is a sort of a threesome, between Dom, Leon, and Leon's widow, Carra.

Subsequential roils with emotions scraped so raw they bleed out onto the page, constrained as much by the passage of time as the need to be respectful towards the dead, and the living left behind. The strained civility of a funeral and a man's last wishes may be the only thing that brings two people together finally. Honoring Leon's wishes and giving two people the chance they need to make sense of all the assumptions they made along the way.

One of the things that really pulled me in so completely to this story is how much they needed each other, and not in the conventional sense. Not just for sex but for all those deeper things we don't even know we need until we look them in the face and know on an instinctive level how empty our lives have been.

Subsequential is a GOOD story, but it's not an EASY story. It's hard and painful and it earns every emotion within it. It's a story not to be read in parts but that demands to be read in one sitting. Preferably alone.

Please leave feedback for Subsequential...
« Last Edit: Sat, Dec 26, 2009, 10:53 AM by Bitten »

my stories  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Homepage
It was a rainy night in the big city. A hard rain. Hard enough to wash the scum off the streets. And I'm stuck in it without an umbrella. What a tool.

Offline evilgrin

• Supreme VXer
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Hello Beautiful
October 2008 VX Story of the Month
« Reply #2 on: Wed, Oct 01, 2008, 06:55 AM »
Taylor's Tale
author: Harleywdo

This month's VX Story of the Month is supplied by Pattiglolt, who searched every day for an update to the story. It caught her and kept her.

From Harleywdo: "This is the story of Taylor's life before, during and after the events of the movie The Knockaround Guys."

Quote from: pattiglolt
That was when she finally got the nerve to look up at him. She lifted her eyes to look at him as he took the roll of tape into his hands. He saw her looking in his direction and his eyes met hers. What she saw there was surprising, even to an eight year old. She saw hurt. She was sure she would see laughter, ridicule, amusement or even anger but she saw hurt. Taylor was hurt by what Jimmy had done to her.

He had no idea that he was breaking her heart. He would have never done that on purpose.

"Come on, I want a picture of me and my girls," he said taking her hand and pulling her to her feet.
Alex was shocked when Taylor handed the camera to Shelly. He wanted a photo of himself with her and his mother. The three of them. No Shelly. She beamed. She smiled hugely.

After Shelly took a picture of the three of them Isabelle took the camera, saying, "Now you two." She prodded Taylor and Alex closer together. He beamed down at Alex and nodded. Taylor slid his arm around her shoulder and leaned down to kiss her cheek. His mother snapped the picture then. That picture is still on the mantle at the beach house. It is one of their favorites

Taylor in the movie was very rough and hard, this is the story that made him have "human" qualities for me. 

Alex was sure that she had lost Taylor to another 'woman' when she was twelve. Taylor was almost seventeen and had fallen hard for Shelly O'Dell. She was a cheerleader at his High School and she was a beauty, even Alex had to admit that. She was all over Taylor every time Alex saw them together and the look on Taylor's face told her that he had fallen just as hard for her. They were inseparable for almost a year. It seemed that every time Alex went over to visit he was leaving for a date with Shelly. He would be beaming and give her a pat on the head and rush out the door.

She writes with so much emotion.  You can feel what Alex is feeling.  I felt as if I was Alex in the entire story.

These are from the first couple of chapters; but quite honestly; I think they hook all of the readers~ and make it neccessary to read the whole story.

Patti

Please leave feedback for Taylor's Tale...
« Last Edit: Sat, Dec 26, 2009, 10:54 AM by Bitten »

It was a rainy night in the big city. A hard rain. Hard enough to wash the scum off the streets. And I'm stuck in it without an umbrella. What a tool.

Offline evilgrin

• Supreme VXer
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Hello Beautiful
November 2008 VX Story of the Month
« Reply #3 on: Fri, Oct 31, 2008, 07:18 PM »
This month's Story of the Month is brought to you by Princess_Silence. Neglected was also one of the very first Spy Chix stories I read, and definitely what got me hooked. I'll never forget "noodly fingers", and the idea of a character's lounge. This is a definite must-read!

Neglected

author: Bitten

When I first decided to step into the world of The Spy Chix, I imagined each episode to be jam packed with action and mayhem. Imagine my surprise when I came across this comical little interlude!

Riddick is impossible to get along with at the best of times, but when he's not getting his own way?? He's completely out of control! Without a writer to keep him occupied, the boredom gets too much and he decides to take matters into his own hands. The result is a hilarious game of cat and mouse that leaves the SC Headquarters in dissaray.

Add to this 3 other hot blooded males also disappointed with the shortage of writers and you have a laugh-a-minute episode full of chaos that's sure to leave you wanting more!

~Princess_Silence

Please leave all feedback for "Neglected" here...
« Last Edit: Sat, Dec 26, 2009, 10:55 AM by Bitten »

Offline NorthernLights

• Administrator
  • Supreme VXer
  • Packing up and moving out
December 2008 VX Story of the Month
« Reply #4 on: Sun, Nov 30, 2008, 06:26 PM »
Last Dance Redux
Author: evilgrin
December's Story of the Month is brought to you by NJRD:

I think this story deserves to be re-read for different reasons. First off, it shows a 45 year old Riddick, which is not only quite refreshing but also more than interesting. This Riddick is wiser and somehow more well-balanced without losing the tiniest bit of his cockiness. He’s still arrogant and dangerous, yet Riddick shows in this story his most human side.

I’d say that the main threads within the storyline are two very significant elements; respect and trust. Through an exciting journey that will take your breath away, the brilliant plot holds a surprising twist that will leave you whispering ‘fuck me’.

The 3-dimensional characters are so far from perfection that they feel real as they do their best to keep going in spite of the heavy burden most of them are wearing upon their shoulders.

If this is not enough to catch your attention then the priceless chance of watching Riddick wearing a sheet as if it was a beach wrap should do it.

NJRD

Please leave all feedback for Last Dance Redux here...
« Last Edit: Sat, Dec 26, 2009, 10:55 AM by Bitten »

Offline evilgrin

• Supreme VXer
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Hello Beautiful
January 2009 VX Story of the Month
« Reply #5 on: Wed, Dec 31, 2008, 09:35 AM »
Dear Diary
Author: Montgomery Burns 13

This month's Story of the Month is brought to you by Northern Lights, who had this to say about it:

Dear Diary by our very own Monty.
Ever wonder what really happened right after PB? It's all right here, in Big Bad's own words. How nice of him to leave behind his diary.

Here are a few quotes from "Dear Diary":

Do you say that? Dear diary? Fuck if I know. Imam gave me this journal and said I should try to write down my thoughts and stuff, might help pass the time. Might also help against the nightmares. I don't know. I've never done this before. Writing a diary I mean. Shit. What shall I write?

I'm back. Yeah, maybe it's addictive? When Imam suggested I start a diary I thought okay, let's start so that he shuts up, hadn't thought then I was gonna touch that thing a second time. But here I am writing once again in this fucking journal.

Hi again. A couple of minutes ago the kid bumped into me - my leg, that is - and the pain woke me up. I had finally drifted into sleep and the fucking kid woke me up! I almost killed her then. But then again she was really sorry. She apologized and even cried while she did it. Like she really meant it. And I don't want to kill her.

This is a fun story if for nothing else than picturing Riddick hunched over, scribbling in a diary. Enjoy!

Please leave all feedback for "Dear Diary" here...
« Last Edit: Sat, Dec 26, 2009, 10:56 AM by Bitten »

Offline evilgrin

• Supreme VXer
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Hello Beautiful
February 2009 VX Story of the Month
« Reply #6 on: Sat, Jan 31, 2009, 07:42 PM »
Soul Hunt
Author: Silver

February 2009's story of the month is brought to you by Furyan Goddess:

Here, we meet Derek for the very first time and we share with him his first sexual experience for a man, with Hunter... with Riddick's body.

You feel his struggle to accept what he has become and how to deal with Hunter taking over his life, his will, his world until Derek fears he's lost himself.

When he finally finds the courage to walk away, it's Riddick he leaves.  We all know what happens later.  How could anyone really stay away from Riddick for long?

A great introduction to a much loved, and very intriguing original character.

Please leave all feedback for "Soul Hunt" here...
« Last Edit: Sat, Dec 26, 2009, 10:57 AM by Bitten »

Offline evilgrin

• Supreme VXer
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Hello Beautiful
March 2009 VX Story of the Month
« Reply #7 on: Sat, Feb 28, 2009, 07:01 PM »
Mission Objective: Pleasure
Author: Furyan Goddess, NJRD and Nikitaclone

March 2009's Story of the Month comes to you from Trickerati0n, for whom this story was written, in the Virtual Pleasures thread. Trickerati0n has picked out some quotes from the story that really affected her:

Kissing her is better than I thought it would be. Her lips brushing mine, her mouth opening to me, allowing me to have a taste of her makes me feel alive. Yes, I'm a killing machine, a Unisol, but I'm still a man.
"Stella..." I whisper her name; my hands caressing her soft, pale skin, my arms encircling her waist, pulling her to me even closer.
The kiss turns wild, hearing her moaning my name as I trace her jaw with the tip of my tongue, brushing my way down her shoulder, sucking her skin is making me crazy, and I know that Stella is not the romantic type. Still, I want to take my time, caressing and exploring. It's been a long time since I enjoyed a woman.

…suddenly anxious to be in the warm heat of Stella. I draped myself over her, positioning myself carefully, supporting my weight on my arms.
"Open your eyes, Stella, so you can watch me take you fully." I waited until she complied, seeing her eyes blown completely by pleasure. My weight was shifted to my left arm, easily supporting my large frame.

Feel the surge of new information, erotic images fill my head and I growl. First time I ever made noise in cryo while she's around and she turns to look at me. I hold still and wait…
I snap my head to the left and look over at Riddick's cryo-tube. I could swear I just heard him growl but that's not possible, is it? He's still in cryo. I get up and walk over to him and look down and gasp. He's already hard and that shouldn't be possible either, he should be still deep under.
I look up and feel my jaw drop as he looks back at me with his silver eyes.
He smiles slowly at me before he licks his full lips and speaks, "'bout time you got to me."

As this story comes from the extremely popular Virtual Pleasure section of the Smut Me forum, it's only fair to issue the following warning (or advertisement, depending on your outlook) regarding the story:

Rating: NC-17 for language and smut
Warning: Strong sexual content, multiple partners, spanking, bondage, and the use of lots and lots of toys

Please leave feedback for this story in the current "Comments for Virtual Pleasures" thread in the Smut Me forum.
« Last Edit: Sat, Dec 26, 2009, 10:58 AM by Bitten »

Offline evilgrin

• Supreme VXer
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Hello Beautiful
Fast and Furious Fan Fiction Recommendations
« Reply #8 on: Mon, Mar 23, 2009, 04:00 PM »
Fast and Furious Fan Fiction Recommendations

We're all eagerly awaiting the release of "Fast and Furious 4" and what better to help make that time fly than showcasing the best of the best that VX has to offer! Read these five top picks, brought to you by the VX writers. Join in the excitement!

Subsequential
A powerful story where Dom and Leon's widow try to cope with all the ways in which their lives have changed, learning that they got some of it wrong along the way. Tightly pulled together, this story insists that you read it in one sitting. The ending is unforgettable. Please leave feedback here...

Heat
Heat is HOT HOT HOT! Aggressive, dirty and hard. There is no romance in this story, just violent lust. Two men, evenly matched in looks and strength give in to their taboo and carnal needs. Heat leaves you hot, wet and wanting more! Please leave feedback here...

Leather
An entry in the 2007 VX Spring/Summer Fanfic Contest, this one shot is a very hot threesome between Dom, Brian and "John". It's playful and kinky, with a promise of more at the end. A warning for hot slash! Please leave all feedback here...

Be All End All
The settings and descriptions in this story are exquisite, setting you in the middle of the action immediately. Our main character is real, solid, and sucks everything out of her life, enjoying it thoroughly. She's a little surprised to find that the same holds true for Dom. Slash of all shades, in wild abandon that fits the name, 'be all end all'. Please leave all feedback here...

Last Chance Cafe
Post TFATF and Dom has settled in to a quiet routine until Amber moves in next door. Rediscover a few old friends and meet some new favorites in this exciting tale of love, betrayal and murder. Please leave all feedback here...
« Last Edit: Sat, Dec 26, 2009, 11:03 AM by Bitten »

Offline NorthernLights

• Administrator
  • Supreme VXer
April 2009 VX Story of the Month
« Reply #9 on: Wed, Apr 01, 2009, 04:56 PM »
I Can't Let You Go
Author: Evilgrin

April 2009's Story of the month comes to you from Karikocha:

My first choice is 'I Can't Let You Go', by Evilgrin.

Fantastic read, from the start you're pulled in by both Sean and Jeanette and the way they deal with their losses.
They both find such happiness in eachother, it's beautiful to see how their relationship evolves and grows stronger. Breathtaking really, how they both help eachother, how much they fall for one-another, in the end seeing that life does go on and that they won't all ways hurt, that with the right person you can start to see the beauty around you once more instead of falling prey to ugly memories.

That love can overpower even the strongest pain, not erasing it but showing you how to deal with it, softening it a bit here and there.
I laughed and cried, and was amazed to realize how a story like this could inspire so much feeling in a reader.
The writting was divine, so easy to put yourself in any of the characters shoes, it was hard not to stay rooted in front of my computer screen just to get thru another chapter once I got started, addicting really.

Beautifully done.

Please leave all feedback for "I Can't Let You Go", here...
« Last Edit: Sat, Dec 26, 2009, 11:03 AM by Bitten »

Offline evilgrin

• Supreme VXer
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Hello Beautiful
May 2009 VX Story of the Month
« Reply #10 on: Fri, May 01, 2009, 08:01 AM »
Riddick For Sale
Author: Magicflute

This month's "Story of the Month" comes to you from Paulmtk, who had this to say about Riddick For Sale:
This story had me rolling with the humorous style Magicflute uses to portray Flute finding Johns at her local Aldi selling Riddick! Such as:

“Rrright. I obviously had lost it. Too much surfing the internet and drooling over hot men had done me in. Now I was seeing movie characters hanging out in my supermarket. I was hallucinating. And I only had a normal breakfast too”[/list]

Bring the reader in touch with the far fetched idea of the fic relating the everyday musings we all have going on in our heads! For a good laugh and definitely with a warning not to be eating or drinking by your keyboard while reading lines like:

“OH SHIT he was going COMMANDO under there, he was not wearing ANYTHING in those pants. He was as naked under there as a Scotsman under his kilt! A naked Riddick looks even more naked than any other man ever could hope to look. Where other men look dumb taking off their socks, Riddick managed to look aggressively and intimidating NAKED.”[/list]

Will have you spewing coffee across the room! Once you have enjoyed reading this fic, you can move onto reading ‘Riddick for Sale 2!’ ENJOY reading this parody of Big Evil in a comedy!

I have to second Paul on getting you to put your drinks and sprayables down first!

Please leave all feedback for "Riddick For Sale" here...
      « Last Edit: Sat, Dec 26, 2009, 11:04 AM by Bitten »

Offline evilgrin

• Supreme VXer
        • Facebook
        • Twitter
        • Hello Beautiful
      June 2009 VX Story Of The Month
      « Reply #11 on: Mon, Jun 01, 2009, 06:44 AM »
      Loyalty
      Author: FuryanGoddess

This month's Story of the Month comes to you from Cyren:
      #1 winner of the VX Inspired Writing Contest 2008

Once you have read Furyan Goddess' Taylor inspired short fic 'Loyalty' you'll know why this story won the VX's '08 Summer Fic contest.  And I have to confess, I knew this was FG's story from the moment I read it; it has her very distinct style of writing all over it and as with her other stories, this one does not disappoint.

“You need to prove yourself, Taylor.”[/list]

In Loyalty, we find Taylor faced with an impossible choice, one I'm sure I would never like to face and in spite of how bleak and dark the situation is, he acts with more courage, honor and mercy than I would normally attribute to a character like Taylor.

As he drove his van down the quiet city streets, his stomach started to get tight. Something wasn't right, he knew it, felt it in his gut and Taylor always trusted his gut. It saved his ass more times than he could count.[/list]

It is a dark and sad read that has you wishing and hoping for the best outcome in spite of the overwhelming odds. It is with great skill that FG recreates the dark and sinister world of the Knockaround Guys and kicks things up to a higher level, taking you right along with Taylor as he faces the unimaginable and does this in a one chapter story. There's fear and sadness and desperation and I felt as though I was right there watching and needless to say I cried heaps.

“It's come to our attention, Taylor, that maybe, you're not so loyal to us anymore. Now that you got a little something on the side. Now that you got something to lose.” He sniffed and circled around Taylor's back and Taylor found himself tensing, waiting for the sting of a bullet to rip into his flesh.[/list]

I give FG's Loyalty a box of tissues, two very red eyes and hiccupping for several hours after. :cry

Please leave all feedback for "Loyalty" here...
            « Last Edit: Sat, Dec 26, 2009, 11:05 AM by Bitten »

Offline Bitten

• Space Babe
            • Administrator
            • Supreme VXer
            • Huh?
            Re: Fairy Tale Theater
            « Reply #12 on: Thu, Jul 02, 2009, 10:46 AM »
            http://forum.vinxperience.net/index.php?topic=7163.0][Riddick/AMA/xXx/TFATF/KAG]Doppelganger[NC17]Revised [/url]
            Author: Furyan Goddess

July 2009's Story of the month comes to you from Pattiglolt:

I love this story. Its one of my favorites; not only because there isn’t one a woman alive who would love to be in the place of the OFC... but because it pulls many, many different emotions out of the reader. FG is an incredible writer and I think she deserves this honor.

Patti

What if Gibbons recruited Dom, Sean, Taylor and Xander to go after Riddick?   
            Can the boys play nice? 
            There's only one way to find out.

Please leave all feedback for "Doppleganger", here...
            « Last Edit: Sat, Dec 26, 2009, 11:06 AM by Bitten »

Offline NorthernLights

• Administrator
            • Supreme VXer
            August 2009 VX Story Of The Month
            « Reply #13 on: Sat, Aug 01, 2009, 07:04 AM »
            Rules

The August "Story of the Month" comes to you from Diesel’s Mel - I LOVE Gibbs!

He closed his eyes and railed at himself. He was committing a major rule breaker here, one that he'd never put up with from the rest of his team but right now, it didn't seem to matter.

Man makes rules.  Rules that will protect him.  From himself. From life.  From love.

Join us as Jethro Gibbs, retired Marine and all round tough guy discovers that sometimes Rules are meant to be broken.
            « Last Edit: Sat, Dec 26, 2009, 11:06 AM by Bitten »

Offline NorthernLights

• Administrator
            • Supreme VXer
            September 2009 VX Story Of The Month
            « Reply #14 on: Tue, Sep 01, 2009, 04:13 PM »
            The Xander Zone
            Author: princess_silence

The September "Story of the Month" comes to you from Jack.

It's one of my favorites, not only because I'm totally hot for Xander Cage but also because it takes you in one direction and then takes a sharp turn at the last minute. Completely unpredictable ending and wonderfully written.

Please leave all feedback for "The Xander Zone" here...
            « Last Edit: Sat, Dec 26, 2009, 11:07 AM by Bitten »

Offline NorthernLights

• Administrator
            • Supreme VXer
            October 2009 VX Story Of The Month
            « Reply #15 on: Mon, Oct 05, 2009, 05:27 PM »
            Hatari
            Author: Cyren

The October "Story of the Month" comes to you from Bitten.

This is another SC entry story. This is one of my favorite SC solo stories because it is true-to-life. It’s not fluffy, silly or campy, but instead it is full of dramatic conflicts and intense relationships. Cyren’s characters are believable and likable. I found myself squirming in suspense a few times while reading it, but I couldn’t stop because I wanted to know what was going to happen next!

Please leave all feedback for "Hatari" here...
            « Last Edit: Sat, Dec 26, 2009, 11:08 AM by Bitten »

Offline NorthernLights

• Administrator
            • Supreme VXer
            November 2009 VX Story of the Month
            « Reply #16 on: Wed, Nov 04, 2009, 05:36 PM »
            A Reason
            Author: Furyan Goddess and IceSamZero

November 2009's Story of the month comes to you from silver:

We've been watching Pitch Black over and over for years, wondering 'What would have happened, if Johns had survived too?'

A Reason took that thought and brought it to vivid life, building a tumultuous, reluctant relationship between two vitally strong characters.

I picked this story because it gives us an amazingly intimate look into the minds and emotions of Riddick and Johns, as they find each other and begin an entirely new life, against all odds.

Moving, thought-provoking, and breath-takingly passionate...just like our two favorite guys.

Please leave all feedback for "A Reason", here...
            « Last Edit: Sat, Dec 26, 2009, 11:09 AM by Bitten »

Offline NorthernLights

• Administrator
            • Supreme VXer
            December 2009 VX Story of the Month
            « Reply #17 on: Wed, Dec 02, 2009, 08:14 PM »
            Just Between Friends
            Author: Cyren

December 2009's Story of the month comes to you from Furyan Goddess:

First off, Dom and Brian are scorching hot together. One of my favorite pairings. Add in a hot little female and you have yourself a yummy sex sandwich. From the Illios to the sex, there is nothing about this story that is lacking. A fantastic romp, just between friends.

Please leave all feedback for "Just Between Friends", here...
            « Last Edit: Sat, Dec 26, 2009, 11:10 AM by Bitten »

Offline NorthernLights

• Administrator
            • Supreme VXer
            January 2010 VX Story of the Month
            « Reply #18 on: Mon, Jan 04, 2010, 04:50 PM »
            [SC] Socks, Jeans and Whores [R][FIN]
            Author: IceSamZero

January 2010's Story of the month comes to you from NorthernLights.

Once again, Zero brings a character to life.  If you liked Rick in Strays, you'll love him in Vegas.  Even if he is hating every moment of his stay. 

This is a quick, enjoyable read and great way to get reacquainted with our very own Spy Chix.

Please leave all feedback for "Socks, Jeans and Whores", here...
            « Last Edit: Mon, Jan 04, 2010, 04:54 PM by NorthernLights »

Offline NorthernLights

• Administrator
            • Supreme VXer
            February 2010 VX Story of the Month
            « Reply #19 on: Tue, Feb 02, 2010, 04:07 PM »
            Collateral - The Last Contract
            Author: Nicolina

February 2010's Story of the month comes to you from evilgrin.

Collateral: The Last Contract
            Author: Nicolina

It was late evening at Denny’s Coffee House. The music had gone silent and she’d already turned off the lights. She preferred it when it was a little darker; it allowed her eyes some rest. The buzz from the evening’s customers still rang in her ears and she enjoyed the silence; it was bliss. The neon lights from the street played in purple and blue across her face. Only a small lamp was shining at the counter, and to her left a ray of light fell in through the crack between the kitchen door and its frame, where the door was left a little open.

Collateral: The Last Contract was one of those stories I would not normally have read. I didn't really care for the movie and I liked Tom Cruise even less. There was nothing there to draw me. Of course, there's a world of difference between a movie and a story, especially a story told well.

The author has suggested that you may wish to see the movie before reading the story. And you could do that. But it's not necessary. Collateral stands on its own well enough. The story is rich and atmospheric right from the opening paragraph.

The story flips back and forth from the perspective of a diner waitress and an assassin. The descriptions of the waitress are heartfelt, the assassin is chilling, and they stay true to character throughout.

It still hasn't interested me in watching Collateral, or in liking Tom Cruise, but it has led me to like a Tom Cruise role and I suppose that's something.

Please leave all feedback for "Collateral - The Last Contract", here...
            « Last Edit: Tue, Feb 02, 2010, 04:17 PM by NorthernLights »

Offline NorthernLights

• Administrator
            • Supreme VXer
            March 2010 VX Story of the Month
            « Reply #20 on: Mon, Mar 01, 2010, 04:10 PM »
            [TCOR] The Woman and the Warrior [NC-17][FIN]
            Author: Persephone Bellydancer

March 2010's Story of the month comes to you from The Team.

Post TCoR and Riddick has been captured by Toombs and crew.  Does Juliet hold the key to his freedom?  Join us on the skiff to find out. 

The titanium cuffs chafed his hands, as they always did. His legs, fastened to the floor by four-inch thick braces, shifted back and forth almost imperceptibly in order to keep the blood circulating. His torso had the greatest freedom of movement in this set-up, and he had used it once to pin a female merc between his thighs back when Toombs had captured him for the first time.

Riddick stretched his neck thoughtfully, ready to plan his next move. First, he wanted to see who the new payday would be. Toombs had kept their destination a careful secret, though it wouldn’t be so for long. The Furyan allowed himself a small grin. This crew was even dumber than the last, if that were possible. Any one of them was bound to spill the beans at any moment. Fucking fluke that they caught him at all. Once again, it was only because he was on the run from a superior foe: the Necromonger armada.

Please leave all feedback for "The Woman and the Warrior", here...
            « Last Edit: Mon, Mar 01, 2010, 04:15 PM by NorthernLights »

Offline NorthernLights

• Administrator
            • Supreme VXer
            April 2010 VX Story of the Month
            « Reply #21 on: Tue, Apr 06, 2010, 04:21 PM »
            [Original] Route 66 [NC-17][FIN]

April 2010's Story of the month comes to you from Cyren:

Loved the relationship between the characters, loved the gritty writing and of course the carporn!!!

Elaine smiled, “Oh, I got a car. I got a sweet car.”

Maggie arched a brow, “Do you now? What kind.”

“A 1970 Chevelle SS.”

Maggie's jaw dropped, “No way! Get out. Where is it? I've got to see it.”

“It's in the garage,”

Please leave all feedback for "Route 66", here...
            « Last Edit: Tue, Apr 06, 2010, 04:30 PM by NorthernLights »

Offline NorthernLights

• Administrator
            • Supreme VXer
            May 2010 VX Story of the Month
            « Reply #22 on: Sun, May 02, 2010, 10:19 AM »
            Because of You

May 2010's Story of the month comes to you from princess_silence:

This was one of the very first fics I ever read on VX and it got me totally addicted to Taylor Reese. FG really does capture a different side of the mob enforcer, the protective side, and it makes for one of the most beautiful stories on the board. I can't count the amount of times that I've read this story when I've needed a pick me up or just a decent read after trolling the net for good Taylor fics and not finding anything worth reading.

Please leave all feedback for "Because of You", here...

Offline Bitten

• Space Babe
            • Administrator
            • Supreme VXer
            • Huh?
            June 2010 VX story of the month
            « Reply #23 on: Sun, Jun 06, 2010, 05:25 AM »
            A Punishing Vacation
            Author: Rage

The June Story of the Month is brought to you by ban sidhe!

This story won one of the top prizes in the 2006 Fiction Contest, which was themed Riddick on Vacation. Some of you long-time members will remember that this contest inspired some amazing stories, particularly because each contestant was required to use the following phrases:

- Whip
            - Viagra
            - Penis Enlargement Pills
            - Slide & Glide lube
            - Apply sunscreen to a goat

It's no wonder that all 14 entries to the contest were fun to read. As ban sidhe says of A Punishing Vacation, "this is hysterically funny!" So get ready to laugh, but remember to set down your drink before you get started!

Please leave all feedback for A Punishing Vacation here!
            « Last Edit: Sun, Jun 06, 2010, 08:40 AM by silsin, Reason: subject adjusted »

Offline NorthernLights

• Administrator
            • Supreme VXer
            July 2010 VX Story of the Month
            « Reply #24 on: Sat, Jul 03, 2010, 10:00 AM »
            Submit
            Warning: explicit slash, anal sex, language, strong elements of BDSM

Author: silver

July 2010's Story of the month comes to you from princess_silence:

Submit VP Episode for Monty 

This story opened my eyes to things that I've never knew about until I joined VX! Riddick is rough and dominant, the story well written, hot and steamy, yet different to anything else I'd ever read. Definitely one for those that love slash and BDSM or for those that are willing to try new things!

Please leave all feedback for "Submit", here...

Offline NorthernLights

• Administrator
            • Supreme VXer
            August 2010 VX Story of the Month
            « Reply #25 on: Wed, Aug 04, 2010, 05:31 PM »
            Tempest
            Author: okieinsomniac

August 2010's Story of the Month comes to you from Furyan Goddess:

The heat and violence of Riddick and Jack's first time together and the added fury of the storm makes this story one hot read.  Power and lust over come any doubt and good intentions and eventually the tempest rages out of control.

Please leave all feedback for "Tempest", here...
            « Last Edit: Wed, Aug 04, 2010, 05:34 PM by NorthernLights »

Offline NorthernLights

• Administrator
            • Supreme VXer
            September 2010 VX Story of the Month
            « Reply #26 on: Thu, Sep 02, 2010, 06:06 PM »
            5’s Company
            Authors: evilgrin & njrd

September 2010's Story of the Month comes to you from me:

It’s movie night with the girls and Shane Wolfe, Chris Varick, Dom Toretto and Xander Cage come out to play.  Come see what went right, what went wrong and why everyone’s laughing so hard.

Please leave all feedback for "5’s Company", here...
            « Last Edit: Thu, Sep 02, 2010, 06:09 PM by NorthernLights »

Offline NorthernLights

• Administrator
            • Supreme VXer
            « Reply #27 on: Wed, Dec 01, 2010, 01:05 PM »
            Bloodstock
            Author: Riddicks Raven

December 2010's Story of the month comes to you from ban sidhe:

Riddick is captured, but not by who he thinks....someone needs bloodstock for stronger humans.

It's not the usual love story, but it fits him.  And I love the twist at the end!

Please leave all feedback for "Bloodstock", here...

Offline NorthernLights

• Administrator
            • Supreme VXer
            « Reply #28 on: Sun, Jan 02, 2011, 12:35 PM »
            Reality or Myth?
            Author: paulmtk

January 2011’s Story of the Month comes to you from me, NL:

Winding his fingers in her long hair, he gently pulled her head up to gaze intently into her passion hazed eyes.  “Reality is a matter of what one believes, Delia.  You have an open mind, listen to what I tell you before deciding.”

Please leave all feedback for "Reality or Myth?", here...

Offline NorthernLights

• Administrator
            • Supreme VXer
            « Reply #29 on: Thu, Feb 03, 2011, 04:17 PM »
            [Orig] The Door in the Woods [PG][FIN]
            Author:  Helen Page

February 2011's Story of the Month comes to you from Bitten:

Because it's simple and sweet and full of magic. Gorgeous pic too.

Please leave all feedback for "The Door in the Woods", here...