Author Topic: [Loki] Lost in Otherwhere (PG-13) Chapter 13 FIN 07/09/2014  (Read 628 times)

Offline Montgomery Burns 13

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
  • Every hero needs a formidable villain
Re: [Loki] Lost in Otherwhere (PG-13) Chapter 7 ONG 06/26/2014
« Reply #30 on: Thu, Jun 26, 2014, 10:04 AM »
Breads, rolls, sweet buns, pastries and oatcakes with various spreads were laid out on trays.  Fruit compotes in silver bowls stood interspersed amongst the rest, with silver spoons for serving standing in them.  Cheeses already sliced on platters shared space with several different types of baked fish and steaming, covered dishes held porridges of oat or barley.   Another platter held sausages, bacon and eggs.  There were flagons of ale, bottles of sweet wine, and crystal pitchers of cider, water and milk, as well.

Yummy!  I'm gettin' hungry. :)

Love how you're explaining the rules of fairyland to the reader by letting Sir Carney ask all the important questions.  Too bad though that Loki isn't exactly sure of the rules himself. :ggrin

If his questions are of a personal nature, I think we both would be more comfortable apart, don’t you?”

I wonder what Loki wants to ask her.

Love the chapter.  Please update sooooooon!

Who needs love when you've got a gun, who needs love to have some fun. Black Flag
Feelings are overrated. Dean Winchester

my fanfics

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: Thu, Jun 26, 2014, 11:25 AM »
One of the delightful things about Faerie has always been the descriptions of how the fey enjoy sensation, including foods... and humans seem to find everything there to be... more.  Brighter colours, richer tastes, purer sounds, etc. 

Oh, and you are a greedy boy.  I love it!    :soon

Offline Tiberius

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #32 on: Fri, Jun 27, 2014, 12:20 AM »
Please update soon, I'm so curious what Loki wants to ask her.

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
« Reply #33 on: Fri, Jun 27, 2014, 12:42 AM »
Please update soon, I'm so curious what Loki wants to ask her.

I second that. :ggrin

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
Re: [Loki] Lost in Otherwhere (PG-13) Chapter 8 ONG 06/28/2014
« Reply #34 on: Sat, Jun 28, 2014, 06:24 AM »
They arrived in the outer air shortly thereafter.  Leading her through a small, partially walled courtyard, Loki took the lady down a sloping path and over a white bridge.   They strolled through an area of semi-formal gardens with statuary, shaped and tended bushes, drifts of white and bright yellow flowers and then back into a wilder, deserted looking section of older stoneworks, walls and an abandoned seeming pond covered with green pondweed. 

He sat her on a carved stone bench after sweeping away the drift of dried leaves that had littered it.  Brushing his hands together, the god turned fey sat beside the young woman.  “First, allow me to apologise for spiriting you away here without apprising you of the consequences.  I hope you understand I had only your safety in mind.  I know the trip was tiring and uncomfortable for you.” 

He glanced down at where he held one of her slender, delicate hands.  “It was necessary.  Maeve would have stolen you away to most likely become a handmaid and your knight... they probably would have simply killed him.  Sir Carney does not impress me as the type to accede to joining the Hunt.”

Alicia gasped and paled.  “The Hunt?” she questioned in a whisper.

“Indeed, the Wild Hunt,”  Loki confirmed.  “Surely you have heard stories?”

“Only what were told to me as fairy tales, bedtime stories as a child,” Alicia shook her head.  “They’re not real.”

“Oh, yes they are, my sweet!”  Loki chuckled.  “Most tales and legends of your people’s past are.  Perhaps twisted and embellished upon over the centuries, but all have a nugget of truth at their core.  The Wild Hunt is very real and very dangerous.  They are the soldiers of the Winter Court of the Fey; Maeve’s guards and executioners.” 

“But putting that aside for the moment,” Loki waved it away as if it were of no importance.  “I need to know if there is some more devious reason for the Queen of the Winter Court of the Fey to be hunting you.”

“I cannot imagine one,” Alicia demurred.  “I may be a niece of the king, but it is several times removed from the line for the throne.  My father’s people are landed, but his place is far to the south, near the sea.”

“Would you permit me a tiny bit of forwardness, milady?”  Loki asked her gently.  “It would easily clear up my questions and curiosity.”  He glanced up at her and his green eyes glowed. 

Alicia gasped and turned her face away.  Loki chuckled and murmured, “You learn quickly, milady.  But it was only excitement to find why you are pursued.  I will not attempt to charm you.” 

Swallowing her nervousness, Alicia looked back at him and now Loki lowered his eyes.  She took a deep breath and licked dry lips.  “What is it you need of me, milord?” 

He smiled without looking up.  “Loki will do, milady.  I need to touch your essence... to see if there is truly any wild blood in you.”  Now he did look up to see a puzzled little frown. 

“A drop of blood, a bit of flesh...”  She squeaked and leapt up, prepared to flee.  “Wait!  It does not have to be anything so dire.”  Alicia paused.  “A kiss will suffice.”  Loki smiled.

“So that is why you did not wish Sir Carney to be present,” she glared at him.

“Do you think he would allow it?”  Loki chuckled.  “I do not.”

She couldn’t help but smile.  He looked so innocent and definitely was not.  “Very well, but only a quick one.”  She sat back down and turned her cheek toward him.

“Oh, no, milady.  I need to taste you; to breathe your breath.  I’m not a chicken pecking for seed.”

“What?” she gasped, but Loki was already right there, and he slid an arm about her shoulders and drew her even closer.  His lips were soft and warm on hers, those strange green eyes only an inch from her own.  Alicia had to look deeply into those bright beryl orbs and she lost herself in their sparkle. 

She lost track of time; forgot to breathe.  Loki tasted of apples and honey; she could not help but open herself to him fully.  Her eyes closed and she sighed into his mouth.  Her hands came up and she threaded her fingers into his silky hair. 

Next she knew, he was holding her by both shoulders and gently shaking her.  “Milady!  Alicia!  Come back, sweetling.”  As her eyes fluttered open and she sighed deeply, he smiled.  “Are you alright, milady?”

“I.. I don’t know,” she breathed.  “I feel a bit faint.” 

He laughed; “You forgot to breathe, milady.  Have you never been kissed before?”

“Of course I have!” she was incensed.

“Not by a man,” the god chuckled, his eyes still sparkling mischievously.  “Not with desire behind it.”

Alicia blushed cherry red.  It was true, and then her head snapped up and she stared at him.  “You... you...”  Her blush deepened even more and she put both hands to her flaming cheeks.  He wanted her?  As a man?  And they were not chaperoned!  “Oh, my God!”  She leapt up and turned to run, but realised she did not remember the way. 

Loki only laughed aloud, still sitting on the bench.  “Please, milady.  Calm yourself.  I said I would not harm you.  You have nothing to fear from me.”

Alicia looked back at him.  “Why?” 

“You are a sweet little thing, to be sure.  Beautiful and desirable as mortals go.  But you are mortal, and I am forbidden.”

She frowned and sat back down.  “Why?” she asked again, now curious. 

Loki sighed.  “Part of my punishment.  No mortals.  And I apparently do not appeal to any of the fey who appeal to me.  So I remain celibate until I may return home.”

“What did you do?  And why no mortals?” 

“I cuckolded one of my compatriots and he complained to my king.”  Loki shrugged, “it wasn’t the first time, but Odin was tired of hearing the other gods whine about it.  So he sent me here where my magic is not so unique.  And no mortals because it is so easy to sway you.”

“You consorted with other... other god’s wives?”  Alicia was aghast. 

“Wives, consorts, concubines, slaves; what’s the difference?  If a man cannot keep his woman satisfied, who’s to blame her for looking elsewhere?  And I do love the ladies.”  His eyes glowed again and he grinned.  “I was only trying to keep them content.” 

“Are you saying these... women sought you out?”  Alicia looked at him as if she could not see the attraction. 

Loki laughed again.. “I do not look like this in Asgard, my sweet.  I am much prettier.”  He stood.  “Would you like to see?” 

“Um...  you will be clothed?”  Alicia remembered seeing paintings of gods and they were often barely draped. 

Laughing, he replied, “If you wish it, milady.  Or not, if you would prefer.”

“Um, clothed will be acceptable, Loki.”

The little man vanished in a golden-green haze. What replaced him took her breath away.  He was right, he was much prettier in his natural state.  Tall, taller than even Sir Carney, he was still rather slender. 

His hair was a shade of red so dark it was almost black and he wore it longer and smoothed back.  His face was longer, with a high intelligent brow and chiseled looking... like Alicia had imagined a god should look.  But the twinkle in his pale green eyes and the grin were the same.

His clothing was all black leather over a deep green linen; knee high black boots and a gold torc hung on his chest.  He wore a partially mailed gambeson that fell to mid thigh over black leather breeches and the high-collared green shirt, with a sleeveless, studded, ankle length surcoat over it all.  His body armour, pauldrons, rerebraces and vambraces were a burnished bronze and traced in patterns she had never seen before. 

“My goodness!  You look a right proper knight, Loki.  Or should I call you Sir Loki?  Or Lord Loki?”  Alicia stuttered. 

“Actually, milady, it’s Prince Loki.  The Aesir are a warrior race and all our hale men dress similarly.  Like your northern neighbours who do worship us as gods.  But simply Loki will do.  I am not a god here.”

The tall, very handsome person vanished to be replaced by the smaller, impish one she’d first met.  It took Alicia several minutes to process what Loki had just said.  Wait!  He’s a prince?  Or is he a god?  A prince of gods?  Oh, my!  And how does he change his form like that?  It is not natural!

The young woman flushed again and waved her hand in front of her face.  “Are you well, lady Alicia?”  Loki cocked his head to one side.  “You have gone quite pale, my sweet.”

“I... give me a moment, Loki.  This is a lot more than I expected to ever encounter on this trip.  Even though I knew my life would change completely.  But, this?  Fairies, another world?  A... a god?”  She flung a hand toward him. 

Loki smiled softly.  This was not the time to tell the sweet thing what he had discovered.  Her life and that of her mortal guardian were going to change more than they could ever have imagined.  And hopefully, his could go back to being normal.  And soon.

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
« Reply #35 on: Sat, Jun 28, 2014, 08:05 AM »
Do I understand this correctly, that Loki is still able to change his appearance, but he has to look like an imp as part of his punishment, and he's not allowed to look like his usual self?

Love the update.

But I don't like the cliffhanger at the end of your chapter!  How cruel of you to end it like that. :)

Who needs love when you've got a gun, who needs love to have some fun. Black Flag

my fanfics

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
« Reply #36 on: Sat, Jun 28, 2014, 08:34 AM »
More or less.  He's supposed to fit in with the fey, but when does he ever do what he's supposed?

:devil1

Offline Tiberius

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #37 on: Sat, Jun 28, 2014, 01:04 PM »
Cool update! Love it.

I'm a little confused about something, probably didn't understand it correctly. Does Loki still have all of his magical powers? Then why he can't just leave the Faerie?

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
« Reply #38 on: Sat, Jun 28, 2014, 01:15 PM »
Does Loki still have all of his magical powers? Then why he can't just leave the Faerie?

Maybe if Loki left early, he wouldn't be allowed back into Asgard? :think

Offline Tiberius

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #39 on: Sat, Jun 28, 2014, 01:49 PM »
Okay, that makes sense. And he wouldn't like that, he wants to go back to Asgard. So that could be motivation for him to stay with the Faerie for now.
« Last Edit: Sat, Jun 28, 2014, 01:54 PM by Tiberius »

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
« Reply #40 on: Sat, Jun 28, 2014, 03:10 PM »
He has been banished to Faerie by Odin for misbehaving, (as usual).  Yes, he has his powers and no, he would not be allowed back until he
served his time or did something to prove he'd learned his lesson.

Offline Wilde

• Dom's Desire
  • Wilde Furyan at your service =~.^=
    • Facebook
    • My Forever Furyan Facebook personal profile page
« Reply #41 on: Sat, Jun 28, 2014, 06:24 PM »
Wonderful and I am waiting very anxiously as well for the next chapter ~ I Love you way Bani <3
WiLdE n free & will always be <3 =^.~=

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
Re: [Loki] Lost in Otherwhere (PG-13) Chapter 9 ONG 06/30/2014
« Reply #42 on: Mon, Jun 30, 2014, 05:13 AM »
:-*  I love you guys, too, Wilde!

Suspicion confirmed and his decision made, Loki walked the lady back to his refuge.  He would try and convince her knight their safety was dependent upon remaining with him a few more days.  At least until the moon was well past its full phase.  He’d found most humans believed the Wild Hunt only rode during that time and he would not be the one to disabuse them of that foolish notion.

Carney saw them coming up through the gardens and strode out to meet them.  Lady Alicia seemed shaken and as soon as she caught sight of him, she looked away and blushed.  The knight’s eyes narrowed, he exhaled forcefully and glared at the fey.  Loki looked right back, as innocent as a spring lamb.

“My Lady?  Are you well?”  Carney solicitously asked.  He was still staring fiercely at Loki.  “What transpired?  What has he done?” 

“Nothing I did not allow, Sir Carney.  I wished to know more of Loki’s circumstances here and he explained it to me.  I saw what his true form is, as well.  I admit it shocked me for a time, but I am quite alright now.”  She looked up at her guardian and smiled faintly, “he has not harmed me, really.” 

Alicia sighed and flicked a quick sideways glance at their host.  “I believe him now, Sir Carney.  He is a god; a very handsome god.”  She dropped her eyes and blushed again. 

Loki only chuckled and murmured, “Now you understand why no mortals, my dear?”

Carney growled and stepped forward to take Alicia from the fey.  She was trembling like a leaf.  His head snapped back to the flame haired little man.  What have you done to her?” he snarled.

“Nothing she did not agree to,” Loki responded, with a smile.

Carney pushed Alicia behind him and his hands clenched into fists in his anger.  He knew he should never have allowed them to be separated.  Alicia put her hand on his arm before he did something foolish.

“Sir Carney!  Stand down, sir knight.  Please, I am fine.  Loki only kissed me and he did have my permission.”

“Listen to your ward, Sir Carney.  You do not truly wish to challenge me over something so inconsequential.  It would not be wise.  Or conducive to continued good health.”  Loki suddenly looked quite dangerous, his eyes flashing a darker green and a faint aura beginning to glow around him.

Alicia recognised it as the same magical halo that had covered him just before he changed shape with her.  She gasped and pulled back on the knight’s arm.  It unbalanced him slightly; just enough that he was forced to take a step back. 

As he did, the god returned to his normal Aspect, growing a foot in height and wearing the same armoured outfit as Alicia had seen.  Loki scowled and the bright morning darkened to a greenish twilight. 
Silence descended in the garden, the light breeze faltering and the background whisper of moving leaves and twittering birds ceased.  Sir Carney took another step back, pushing Alicia with him. 

He had playfully called the little man ‘Loki,’ not realising that he truly was a god in every sense that mortals meant.  Now he understood his error.  The being standing before him was terrifying.  If he remembered the stories his Norse nanny had told him as a small boy, this god was known for his casual cruelty and vicious temper, too. 

The knight broke out in a cold sweat.  He didn’t even have the slight protection of his armour or weapons and Loki looked furious.  Glowing eyes opened wide, his nostrils flared and lips compressed into a narrow pale line.  Carney watched his hands flex into claws and a verdant glow surrounded them. 

“Please, my...  Lord.  Sir Carney is only doing his duty.  He has been tasked with my protection.  He means no disrespect.”   Alicia had lunged forward around the knight and fallen to her knees right at Loki’s feet. 

The knight gasped and made an aborted attempt to reach for her.  Alicia’s head came up to stare at the god looking down on her.  Loki’s hands closed into fists and he took a deep breath.  The green glow vanished as he forcibly relaxed. 

Loki’s head lifted and he stared into the knight’s eyes.  The god's were cold and angry still.  “Because she asks, you still breathe,” he murmured softly.  Then he calmly stepped around them both and disappeared back into the castle.  Both humans sighed in relief.

Sir Carney shuddered in reaction, the adrenaline surging in his veins with nowhere to go.  He shook his head and sighed at Alicia.  “I almost think we might have been safer with the real fey.  Queen Maeve holds a court like we do and...”

Loki’s voice floated out to where the pair of humans stood in his courtyard.  “Oh, that would be very unwise, Sir Carney.  The dark queen would find you extremely appealing.  She does love to play with a strong, handsome man.  But you would not survive her attention, I fear.  She is a cruel and pitiless monarch and she hates your liege lord.  It would give her great pleasure to torture you to death.

“As for your lady, I despair to think what might become of her.  She is a pretty little thing, appealing to more than I.  The Queen’s courtiers would no doubt use her quite brutally.  And when she had aged beyond her beauty, she would simply be tossed aside to survive in any way she could.  If she even lived that long.  The Winter Court is no place for humans.”

Offline Wilde

• Dom's Desire
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: Mon, Jun 30, 2014, 05:28 AM »
whewwww ~ .... =o.o= a bit pissed Loki was, maybe he has been stuck (down there) for too long

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
« Reply #44 on: Mon, Jun 30, 2014, 10:05 AM »
He never did care for anyone thinking him less than what he was.  Just reminding Sir Carney he's not to be trifled with... or defied.

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
« Reply #45 on: Mon, Jun 30, 2014, 11:09 AM »
So Loki has finally shown his true colors.  I think that's good, because now that the cards have been put on the table, everybody knows whom they're dealing with.

Silence descended in the garden, the light breeze faltering and the background whisper of moving leaves and twittering birds ceased.

I love your detailed descriptions and the atmosphere you create.

The Winter Court is no place for humans.

Why is it called the Winter Court?

He’d found most humans believed the Wild Hunt only rode during that time and he would not be the one to disabuse them of that foolish notion.

But wouldn't the humans learn the truth eventually?  If they leave after the full moon and find out that the Wild Hunt is still on, they'll know that the notion is wrong.

Love it.

my fanfics

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
« Reply #46 on: Mon, Jun 30, 2014, 12:35 PM »
There are two major Courts of the Fey... Winter and Summer.  The Winter Court is ruled by the Unseelie Fey, they are the fey associated with darkness, cold and death.  The Summer Court is ruled by the Seelie, or Bright Fey.  They are associated with light and fertility and life.   Supposedly, the Sluagh, (the Wild Hunt), are commanded by the Queen of the Dark Fey and they are the monsters under the bed, in the closet, the bogeymen in human fears and dreams. 

Offline Tiberius

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #47 on: Tue, Jul 01, 2014, 05:03 AM »
Cool update! More please!

Offline Wilde

• Dom's Desire
    • Facebook
« Reply #48 on: Tue, Jul 01, 2014, 05:34 AM »
yes please <3 :D

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
Re: [Loki] Lost in Otherwhere (PG-13) Chapter 10 ONG 07/02/2014
« Reply #49 on: Wed, Jul 02, 2014, 05:26 AM »
The Wild Hunt returned to their Queen again after another long night of searching.  They had ridden the fields and forests of Maeve’s lands, passing down the well trod paths and lesser known byways like a cold mist blown by the wind.  Sometimes silent, sometimes with horns blowing and hounds baying, the jingling of their steeds’ harness and the snorting of their steamy breath echoing through wood and meadow.  All of Faerie’s creatures hidden and shivering at the passage of the Queen’s army, the less powerful fey sighed in relief as the army passed them up.

Partially successful, the riders had come upon another group of searchers.  Men of the North, sent out by their thain to find his missing betrothed.  The knights had tried to make a stand in the wildwood when brought to bay, their mounts driven insane by the sounds of the Hunt’s hounds baying and the wild skirling of the horns. 

One by one, they had fallen to the riders of the fey stalking them.  Some had fallen prey to fear and been gathered up and changed.  Others had attempted to flee and the hounds had taken them.  The last man standing refused to give in and the fey had simply ridden him down and run him through with their hunting spears. 

Now, the black elf knight stood before Maeve and informed her of the night’s work.

“We gained a dozen new riders this night.  All Northmen, so their training will go swiftly, my Queen.  All from the thain’s keep, as well.  He sent them searching for his ladylove.  Like the first group of several days ago, that were returning from the southern lands.”  Though his smile was invisible behind his mask, it showed in his speech.

“I have learned something unexpected, as well.  One of the humans let slip that the reason they fled through the lower meadows was because the girl saw your palace in the river’s reflection.  Her guardian bade them run as fast through your lands as they could.  If we had not already been out that night, they might have escaped us completely.”

The queen only frowned at her champion’s words.  So the girl had the Sight; it mattered little until she was in Maeve’s hands.  She snarled at the black elf, “Is this the only progress you have made?  It is not sufficient!”  She flung a hand in his direction and he grasped his throat, choking. 

Fallen to his knees, the black elf shook his head and lifted a hand toward the enraged fey queen.  She fairly crackled with anger and her chin came up as she watched him struggle for air.  Finally, just before he would have lost consciousness, she relented. 

The rest of the Court had frozen in place, terrified of the Queen’s displeasure.  They couldn’t even risk fleeing, as that might draw her attention to one of them.  So they stood or sat where they were, curled in on themselves and hardly daring to breathe.

The dark elf fell forward, supporting himself on his hands.  Head hanging, he coughed and gasped out a few more words.  “Found a woodsprite.  Saw Puck.  With two humans.  Didn’t know where they went.”

“Ahh, now that is better.”  Maeve slunk close to where her champion knelt and lifted him to his feet, her hand under his chin.  “Sweet love, why did you not say this in the first place?  You might have saved yourself some pain.”  She smiled, wound her arms around his neck and kissed him, pressing her body close.  She knew that he knew she needed to hurt him. 

The elf moaned; he wanted her, desperately, and he feared her, just as much.  She was the most beautiful of all the fey and the most dangerous.  Insane, jealous, cruel and fickle.  She owned him and they both knew that, too.  He hardened as she ground her hips against him and he whimpered in need again. 

Maeve laughed and pulled away.  “Bring me the girl and you shall have what you desire, my sweet.  But not until then.” 

Her hand slipped down the front of his body and she cupped him.  The elf shivered and Maeve closed her fingers on his manhood, making him curl forward with a grunt.  She walked backward several steps, forcing him to limp with her before she grinned and released him.  “Go.  Find her.”  He went.

Offline Wilde

• Dom's Desire
    • Facebook
« Reply #50 on: Wed, Jul 02, 2014, 06:02 AM »
((Run Loki ~ get out of there, Quick!!!)) xD where I do feel an extreme sense of urgency for the mere mortals too, many have died trying to find Alicia. Loki's situation seems to be closing in on himself.... Queen Maeve has now enlisted great powers of persuasion and it appears to be only a matter of time~ .... Cliff Hanger! I Love it! xD

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
« Reply #51 on: Wed, Jul 02, 2014, 11:07 AM »
Some had fallen prey to fear and been gathered up and changed.

Does that mean they were turned into some kind of fey?  Or did they remain human, but were simply turned (or kinda brainwashed) into some mindless slaves/servants?

The rest of the Court had frozen in place, terrified of the Queen’s displeasure.

Scary.  I bet she has many enemies.

He hardened as she ground her hips against him and he whimpered in need again.

Oh shit.  It must truly suck to be under the spell of such a vile creature as the Queen.

Love it, even though the chapter is rather short. :devil1

my fanfics

Offline Tiberius

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #52 on: Wed, Jul 02, 2014, 02:24 PM »
That ain't gonna end well …

Love the chapter, more soon please :)

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
« Reply #53 on: Wed, Jul 02, 2014, 05:15 PM »
To be taken by the Wild Hunt means to become immortal.  If they step down from their mounts, they die.  They are not free in any sense, however.  Most fade to mere shades of their former selves with no other thought than to ride and follow where their master leads.  So, yes they are changed, but no they are not really fey. 

The Queen does have enemies, but she has the strongest magic of all the Fey.  (that's why she is Queen)  All the others fear her, or they'd simply leave. 

Don't forget, Monty, the Fey are not, in any sense, human.  Their likes, needs and pleasures are often much different than ours.  And after centuries of living, I imagine what we would consider 'normal' relationships are probably quite boring to them.  Maeve is a master mainpulator, too.  She loves twisting her followers into perverted creatures, like herself.

Not end well for whom, Tib?  The humans, Loki or the Fey?

He, he, he!  Wilde, don't worry.  Loki can take care of himself.

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
« Reply #54 on: Wed, Jul 02, 2014, 10:36 PM »
Does the Wild Hunt go on forever? Without pause and regardless of whether the moon is full or not?

The Queen does have enemies, but she has the strongest magic of all the Fey.  (that's why she is Queen)  All the others fear her, or they'd simply leave.

Yeah, I was afraid so. :ggrin Her reign reminds me of modern day totalitarian regimes, where most people are too scared to do anything against their ruler.

As Loki is a god, I'm sure he can take care of himself.  I think his only motivation is to show Odin that he's learned his lesson so that in turn Odin lets him return to Asgard.

Update? :ggrin

my fanfics

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
« Reply #55 on: Thu, Jul 03, 2014, 05:14 AM »
They ride when they are needed, or sent and often during the full moon and with storms.  I have somewhat adapted the traditional Hunt to fit with my story here.

As for Loki's reasons for doing anything... they are his own and always fitted to his needs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Hunt

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
Re: [Loki] Lost in Otherwhere (PG-13) Chapter 11 ONG 07/03/2014
« Reply #56 on: Thu, Jul 03, 2014, 05:10 PM »
Since tomorrow is the 4th and a holiday, I decided to post the next bit today.  Enjoy!

As soon as the god stepped inside the castle, the day brightened, birds twittered and sang, the soft, sweetly scented, summer breeze returned.  Both humans looked at each other and laughed in relief of fear.  Sir Carney took Alicia’s hand and led her to a garden bench that he hoped was out of sight and sound from the god’s keep. 

“We need to talk, milady.  Decide what we must do to keep you safe and ourselves alive.  We cannot stay here any longer, I fear.  I am remembering the old tales a little.  There is a warning about staying too long and becoming trapped here.  I only hope we have not already passed that boundary.”

Alicia nodded, unhappy, but in agreement.  The odd little man she had been amused by and felt beholden to had turned out to be someone completely different.  Someone just as eldritch, dangerous and unpredictable as any fairy she remembered from her childhood stories. 

Loki had immediately repaired to his work chamber.  He had much to do and not much time.  The morning had passed in his walk and chat with Alicia and the confrontation with her guardian afterward.  He had his help set up a light repast and liquid refreshment for them while he was busy with preparations.

He now knew the girl was completely human, just one of the lucky, (or cursed), ones to be born with a sensitivity to things most could not see.  She did not belong in Maeve’s court.  And her brave knight would never survive, which would destroy the child.  He would save them if he could, or at least the girl. 

Looking up at the ceiling, he spoke aloud, though he was alone.  “Heimdall, I hope you’re watching.  I’m going to send her back home.  She wouldn’t be safe with the northern lord.  Her guardian, too, if I can.  He’s a brave, loyal warrior and his human code of chivalry is similar to our warrior’s honour.  She needs him.  Make sure Odin knows.”

Shaking his head in disbelief of his own actions, Loki got to work.  The spells he needed to have in place before nightfall took time and energy to prepare.  They had to perfect; he couldn’t afford the tiniest error. 

He was still working, now in shirtsleeves, barefoot and slightly disheveled several hours later.  One of his hobs had brought him mead a number of times, but he had taken nothing solid.  He was beginning to feel the lack; his stomach rumbled and he was sweated, weakening from the expenditure of energy and the fierce concentration it took to complete his conjuring. 

Finally finished, he took a moment to examine the spells.  Satisfied, he grinned tiredly and collapsed where he stood.  Sitting cross legged on the floor, his head drooping onto his chest, hands limp in his lap, the god simply sat and breathed for a few minutes. 

He hadn't taken on anything this massive or this complicated by himself in some time.  Usually having other mages or alfar to assist, Loki’d forgotten how exhausting a solo major spell casting could be.  Not only move two humans quite a distance undetected and without harm, he needed to cover his own tracks, too.  If Maeve discovered his deception before he was ready, he could be in serious danger.  Thus he was less than pleased when one of the garden brownies peeked in and whispered softly to him.

“Master?  Forgive the interruption, please.  Your guests are attempting to leave on their own.  Heading back down the stair to Maeve’s lands from what I overheard.”  The little wizened man in dead leaf coloured scraps knelt, his head on the floor and his hands over the top of it. 

Too tired to be angered by the disturbance, Loki sighed and climbed to his feet.  “How far have they gotten?” he asked, petulantly. 

“Not far, Master.”  The brownie lifted one hand and peeked through his fingers.  Surprised he hadn’t been blasted across the room, he added, “the iron one took food and drink for several days.  Wrapped it in a coverlet from his bed.  And he stole a cheese from the larder, too, according to Cinnamara.” 

Loki sighed again.  “I may be gone for some time Thistledorn.  You’re in charge until I return.  Keep things under control, eh?” 

“You should eat something, Master?  The working has tired you and you’ve had nothing since rising.”  The little brownie’s concerned frown actually made Loki smile. 

“No time now.  But tell Cinnamara I will be hungry when I return.  Have something substantial ready.”

While the stunned brownie was still nodding, the weary god passed his open hands over and in front of each other in a circular motion.  And disappeared. 

Alicia and Carney had just about reached the bend in the steps beyond which Loki’s hold was not visible.  She was walking only a step or two behind the knight.  Both of them hurrying to get out of sight.

As they made the turn, the young woman glanced back over her shoulder.  She plowed straight into the big man because he had stopped short with no warning.  He oofed, she squeaked and they both stumbled a step or two until the knight caught her and his balance.

Sir Carney had come round the curve in the cliff to an empty stair and blinked with the shift in the breeze.  When his eyes opened, that was no longer the case.  Loki, as Puck, sat waiting for them.

Alicia peered around the knight’s wide shoulder to see why he’d stopped and gasped.  The god in fey disguise stood and tsked at them.  Hands on his narrow hips, head tilted to the right, Loki purred, “Did you really think it would be so easy to escape me?”

Sir Carney stiffened and even though he knew it would be useless, he drew his broadsword.  “We cannot stay here.  It is not safe for milady.  Let us pass.  Please, if you care anything for her at all.”

“I do.  I said so, did I not?”  Loki shook his head.  “But you will fail to save her if you persist in this foolishness.  It will only end in your death and her enslavement.  You know not how to circumvent the Hunt.  I do.”

Alicia saw the god’s eyes glowing and she thought to stop her guardian from getting himself killed.  Laying a hand on his sword arm, she opened her mouth to speak.  Loki’s head moved slightly to face her and he shook it once, but his eyes never left the knight’s. 

His left hand came up and he fanned his fingers in a swirling movement.  Alicia found she could not make a sound.  She grasped her throat and her eyes went round.  Loki had magicked her silent. 

He continued to speak to Carney, his voice soft and soothing.  Alicia saw the knight relaxing and realised the god was enthralling the man.  Removing any objection to whatever Loki would tell him to do.  She gasped quietly and bit her lip, frightened and worried for her guardian. 

Of a sudden, Loki’s words penetrated her brain.  He was now talking to her.  “I have not harmed him, my sweet.  Simply made him compliant.  His intentions were honourable, but he would have gotten you both killed.  I can save you.  I have made arrangements to send you home, milady.  Is that not a better plan?”

“Home?”  Alicia’s question was a tremulous whisper.  She realised suddenly she could now speak aloud.

“Yes, back to your father’s lands, where you will not be vulnerable.  You would never be out of danger in the northern laird’s possession.”  Loki smiled at the young woman.  “You may even keep your knight, if you wish.  In fact, I think it would be better for him if you did.”

Loki grinned at Alicia and winked.  “He has grown quite fond of you, Lady Alicia.  I think you feel the same.  Sir Carney would not make such a bad match for you, would he?”   

“You mean...”  Alicia stepped around the bemused knight and looked up into his square face, his blue eyes.  He smiled at her, a pleasant, if unusual and slightly dazed expression.  She understood now.  Carney did care for her, for herself, not simply as a charge he’d been given by his liege lord.  She looked back at Loki.  “He loves me?”  She frowned, “This is not your doing?”

Loki laughed aloud, shaking his head no.  “I never thought I would be playing matchmaker in my exile here.  Though Puck is known for it.  Yes, my Lady, he does.  Do you not feel the same?”

“I... I... never thought it could come to anything,”  Alicia blushed and lowered her eyes from the knight’s.  Ducking her head, she breathed, “I think I may, my Lord Loki.  I am very fond of him.”

“Good.  It is settled then.  I will return you to the human realm.  The best I can do is only part way back, but you should be safe as long as you stay on the main roads.  Once you leave Faerie, the compulsion I placed on Sir Carney will fade.”

He grinned again, the impish Puck one and his eyes flashed in glee.  “I should do my best to woo him on the way, milady.  He will not easily understand that what he feels is acceptable to you.  You must be the one to open his eyes.”  Chuckling at her shocked, disbelieving face, he added, “You are a beautiful woman, child.  Very desirable.  It shouldn’t be difficult. 

“Now, if you would step close, please.”  Loki lifted his hands and they were once more enveloped in that verdant nimbus.  “Sir Carney.  Embrace the lady, if you would be so kind.  Then I suggest you both close your eyes.”

Facing her knight, Alicia looked up to see him still smiling down at her.  She returned it and his face brightened.  He carefully wrapped strong arms around her.  They were both surrounded by a bright flash of light and by the time each had gasped once, they found themselves standing on the main highway north from the king's lands.  They were more than halfway home.

Alicia felt an unfamiliar weight at her waist and pulled back her cloak to find a small purse attached to her belt.  It contained coins and several large gems, more than enough to buy them horses and see them back to her father’s keep.  “Oh, my!” she exclaimed. 

Then looking back at her knight, she smiled again.  “Thank you, Loki.  I will not forget your kindness.”  Sir Carney seemed confused for a moment, then he shrugged it off. 

“Come, milady.  We should inquire at yon inn for lodging.  It grows late and I would not weary you more.”  Giving her his arm, he turned them to face south... and home.

Offline Wilde

• Dom's Desire
    • Facebook
« Reply #57 on: Fri, Jul 04, 2014, 03:29 AM »
complete surprises! :D I Love the twists Bani ~ even the Loki capable of good things

Offline Tiberius

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #58 on: Fri, Jul 04, 2014, 05:43 AM »
Wow, Loki was so nice and helpful :grin Then again, many things could still go to hell :devil1
I'm so curious what happens next.
« Last Edit: Fri, Jul 04, 2014, 05:55 AM by Tiberius »

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
« Reply #59 on: Fri, Jul 04, 2014, 11:50 AM »
He just wants to go home.  It should work in his favour, and that's really all he cares about.