Author Topic: [LOKI] Burn It Down (NC-17) FIN Chapter 15 05/18/2014  (Read 523 times)

Offline Montgomery Burns 13

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
  • Every hero needs a formidable villain
Re: [LOKI] Burn It Down (NC-17) ONG Chapter 13 05/14/2014
« Reply #60 on: Wed, May 14, 2014, 11:56 AM »
So the others found out what Loki did, huh?  That was to be expected.  However, I'm curious how he's gonna weasel out of that situation...

Who needs love when you've got a gun, who needs love to have some fun. Black Flag
Feelings are overrated. Dean Winchester

my fanfics

Offline Tiberius

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #61 on: Wed, May 14, 2014, 12:15 PM »
The flaw in Loki's plan was Friour. Of course she would tell what happened.

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
« Reply #62 on: Wed, May 14, 2014, 01:13 PM »
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned... :grin

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
« Reply #63 on: Wed, May 14, 2014, 03:20 PM »
What makes you think he will, Monty?

Offline Tiberius

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #64 on: Wed, May 14, 2014, 08:51 PM »
sure thing, Tib.  I actually could post the rest of this now... I have two more in line already.

Two more Loki stories?
Sounds great   :)
So please quickly the next chapter of this one :grin

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
« Reply #65 on: Wed, May 14, 2014, 10:24 PM »
What makes you think he will, Monty?

He won't?  :shock  Well, I thought as Loki is such a cunning and intelligent character, he'd find a way to get out of this mess.  Or maybe that was only wishful thinking because I kinda like him?

Who needs love when you've got a gun, who needs love to have some fun. Black Flag

my fanfics

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
« Reply #66 on: Thu, May 15, 2014, 05:33 AM »
I like him, too.  But... karma, you know.  Catches up with everyone eventually.

Offline Tiberius

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #67 on: Thu, May 15, 2014, 06:19 AM »
I'd hoped he would make it out of this, but kinda feared he won't ...
Now I hope they won't do something horrible to him.

Offline Wilde

• Dom's Desire
  • Wilde Furyan at your service =~.^=
    • Facebook
    • My Forever Furyan Facebook personal profile page
« Reply #68 on: Thu, May 15, 2014, 09:00 AM »
ah Loki >.<; He sure got himself in a bind this time and yes Do unto others as you would have them do unto you does comes full circle all of the time. Also after a year with him,  was wondering how Fríður kept from getting pregnant being so young and in Love with him and all.
WiLdE n free & will always be <3 =^.~=

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
Re: [LOKI] Burn It Down (NC-17) ONG Chapter 14 05/16/2014
« Reply #69 on: Fri, May 16, 2014, 08:11 AM »
Well, he is a god... and they are both mages.  I should think between the two of them they would have ways to prevent one.

Loki was dragged before Odin, still bound and gagged.  From his knees, he looked up, angry and unrepentant.  Shaking his head, he growled through the gag and rattled his chains.

“Remove his muzzle.  I would know what has caused this disaster,” Odin intoned, pompously.  Looking down on the slender, obviously roughed-up but still defiant younger god, he stated flatly, “You will answer my questions truthfully or I will simply have you put to death, Loki.” 

Loki slowly got to his feet with Thor standing beside him, hammer ready.  “Why bother, Allfather?  Don’t give him the chance to wriggle out of this one.  I should just do it now.”  The Thunderer raised Mjolnir threatenly. 

Loki flinched slightly, but stood tall.  Other than the minor twitch, he ignored the burly, furious Thor.  He licked dry lips and rubbed the back of his manacled hands across his mouth as soon as it was freed.  His lower lip was split, but had stopped bleeding. 

Odin could now see all of the dark bruise that spread across his jaw and up one cheek.  He frowned and sighed.  The physical punishment Loki had already endured was only going to make this more difficult, and cause the dark haired god to lash back in the only way he could... with words. 

“What is this, Allfather?  Is this how we treat family now?  Or have you conveniently forgotten our pact... brother?”  Loki spit a gob of bloody, clotted phlegm on the floor, making Thor dance back a step or have it land on his boot.  It was a not so subtle reminder that he and the Allfather were blood brothers. 

“Even family can be punished if they overstep, little brother,” Odin intoned, still imperious. 

“Where did I go wrong, then?  I’ve only ever done as you asked, Odin.”  Loki snapped back before  the king said more.  Several of the witnesses sucked little gasps at his familiarity. 

“Haven’t I been a good little errand boy?  Run here, Loki.  Fly there, Loki.  Find me this, get me that.  Do such and such for me.  Brothers help each other.”  The Trickster’s voice dripped sarcasm.  The chains that bound him at neck, wrist, waist and ankle clinked with his unconscious gesture.  Thor huffed and before he added anything more, Loki continued.

“So this is the reward I get for all my loyal service?  Gagged and chained, beaten and thrown in your dungeon to languish in the dark like a common criminal?  Then finally, dragged here, like this, to be displayed before all your friends in such a state?”  He snorted delicately and laughed, disgusted.

They all knew he was vain about his appearance.  Standing there in only a short tunic and breeches, both of which were rumpled and none too clean, his hair a mass of tangles, would be agony to him.  Given a choice, the dark god would have remained locked up rather than be seen the way he looked now. 

Rather theatrically, he tossed his hair and half turned to glance back over a shoulder and sighed  heavily.  “Be warned, my fellow Asgardians.  If this is the thanks one receives for following his king’s command, then I would watch my back, were I still one of you.”

“Silence, fool!” Odin roared, and slammed his staff on the floor.  He fell back onto the throne as if exhausted by his blood brother’s little speech.  “What is to be done with you, Loki?  You’ve practically destroyed one of the most beautiful of the nine realms, tried to set her inhabitants against us and nearly caused outright war between them and the dvergar.  This is your idea of following your king’s commands?”

Loki shrugged with a little self-deprecating smile.  “I really don’t see what all the fuss is about.  You got what you wanted.  You never told me how to do it.  If I needed more direction, you really should have said.  And I kept the dvergar’s grubby little fingers out of your coffers.”

Quickly several of the other gods in attendance stifled giggles and snorts of unwilling laughter.  No matter the circumstances, the Trickster would find a way to amuse.  Even now, facing possible death or banishment, his honeyed tongue could still tickle them into feeling sympathy. 

Loki didn’t miss a single smothered chuckle or bitten lip that hid a smile.  And Frigga’s eyes sparkled at him, though she tried to look stern.  He thought he might just live through this if he was lucky.  And he had always been lucky.

“Don’t listen to him, my king.”  Thor growled.  He stepped closer again and this time, Loki cringed away as if expecting a blow.  “You know he can’t be trusted; that he’ll lie to protect his worthless skin from paying for the perfidies he’s done.  He’s evil; more trouble than he’s worth!  Let me end this farce now.”

“Patience, Thor.  It appears to me as though you’ve already taken your umbrage out of his hide.  Without my approval.  I believe I said I wanted him brought back in one piece?”

Thor literally swelled in rage, his big, meaty hands clenching into fists.  He visibly struggled to control himself though, swallowing his anger with difficulty.  He couldn’t contain one comment, however.  “I cannot believe you would make this about my actions; not after all he’s done!” 

Head down, he mumbled it into his beard, shaking his head.  He did step back from Loki, who visibly relaxed once he was out of reach.  “And he is in one piece, if a tiny bit ruffled.”

Loki glared daggers at the God of Thunder, while everyone else snickered, reacting more in relief than hilarity.  “Enough!  I will speak with him alone.  It seems an audience has only goaded performances from you both that might not be in anyone’s interests.”  The Allfather waved the rest of the Aesir back.  “The guards will stay.”

Loki looked over to where Frigga stood and lowered his head.  “My Queen,” was all he said, but he knew it might just be enough.  Odin’s desire to decorate her in gold and jewels had started this whole fiasco, after all. 

And she had always been fond of him.  He had kept her frequent company when the king had wandered off on his little adventures or decided to take one of his years long naps.  He’d kept her safe for Odin, and they’d spent many a pleasant hour in study.  Loki owed her much and she knew he would never betray her.

Frigga only lifted a brow in response, but as she took her leave of her husband, curtsying gracefully, one hand came up and she let her fingers slide over the new necklace that graced her lovely throat.  Of course, it was also the hand with the rest of her anniversary gift on the middle finger.  Subtle as always, the queen, but Odin got her message.  Ultimately, this whole mess was his fault. 

When they were finally alone, Odin stared down at his former friend and traveling companion sadly.  To say he was disappointed was an understatement.  I should have expected this eventually, I suppose.  I always knew what he was.  And I was warned.  We have only been lucky that it took this long.  He came down the dais steps to stand directly before the shackled god. 

He sighed heavily, his one good, very blue eye assessing the man in front of him critically.  Loki looked like he’d been to Hel and back.  He was a mess; clothes torn and dirty, hair a rat’s nest of dark, wavy tangles, the bruised face, and now Odin could see other injuries to his limbs. 

Where the shackles circled his flesh, there were more bruises and lacerations in the pale skin, as if the bonds were too tight or he’d been yanked around by the chains.  No doubt he had and the Allfather suddenly realised Loki was favouring his right side.  Kicked?  It wouldn’t surprise him, knowing Thor.  One long, bare foot had left bloody prints behind, as well.

But the younger god refused to show any pain or deference.  He remained standing as straight as he was able, staring right back, a sardonic little smirk on his still handsome face.  Odin could see he was extremely tense, though.  Probably wondering when the axe was going to fall, he surmised.

Odin shook his head and sighed again.  Loki’s chin lifted slightly and his eyes glittered.  “So, what now, Allfather?  My friend.  If I am for the axe, then for mercy’s sake just swing it.  It’s not that I don’t love our little talks... but I don’t love them.  I’ve grown weary of this constant fencing.”  Seeing the pain in Odin’s face, he added, “I see you have, too.”

“I should have watched you closer.  Given you stricter instructions.  I thought our bond was stronger, but I was a fool to trust you.”

“Trust me?  What more can I do to prove my loyalty?  By Yggdrasil's roots, I’ve given you two of my children!  Can any of your precious Aesir claim as much?”

Odin scowled more deeply.  This was not about loyalty, even though at times, Loki’s could be questioned.  “Do you not truly feel the gravity of your crimes? Wherever you go there is war, ruin and death!”

Laughing slightly hysterically, Loki replied, “Of course there is!  I thought you understood that when we first made that oath.  I am Wildfire; I cannot be tamed.  Use me as you will, but don’t be surprised if you get burned.  Chaos is in my blood, brother.”  He chuckled softly at his own pun.  “I can no more stop than you can cease breathing.” 

“I know Loki, and it pains me deeply.  But I cannot allow this to go unpunished.  You will pay for what you’ve done, the damage you’ve caused to the stability of the realms.  I haven’t decided just how, yet.  I’m sorry, brother and sorry you’ve had to endure such ungentle treatment before my verdict comes down.  You will remain guarded, in a cell, until that time.  But no chains.”

Odin turned away, then stopped and looked back.  “I’m certain your Queen will see to your comfort.  Guards, you may return him to the dungeon.” 

So he caught that look.  Damn.  Frigga won’t have as much influence now.  I think I’m really fucked this time.  While Loki’s thoughts were dark and worried, none of it showed on his face or in his stance. 

Smiling, he jauntily sauntered out of the great hall, surrounded by his guards. For the moment he was still alive.  He murmured quietly so only his guards could hear, “At least there was a little excitement around here for a while.”

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
« Reply #70 on: Fri, May 16, 2014, 10:33 AM »
You can't just stop now!  Please, I gotta know how Odin punishes Loki! 

Love the update. :grin

my fanfics

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
« Reply #71 on: Fri, May 16, 2014, 12:28 PM »
lol, Monty.  Gotta give the rest a day or two to catch up. ;)

Offline Tiberius

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #72 on: Sat, May 17, 2014, 05:38 AM »
Loki is so in for some shit ...
From what I remember from mythology about the punishments he recieved, it's not gonna be nice ...

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
« Reply #73 on: Sat, May 17, 2014, 06:17 AM »
 :cry  No, it is not.

Offline Tiberius

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #74 on: Sat, May 17, 2014, 06:35 AM »
 :cry
Now I'm truly concerned ...

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
« Reply #75 on: Sat, May 17, 2014, 08:19 AM »
:cry  No, it is not.

You're the writer, ban sidhe!  You could use some poetic license here. :grin

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
« Reply #76 on: Sat, May 17, 2014, 09:38 AM »
Loki has been a very bad boy.  You don't think he deserves to pay for that?

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
« Reply #77 on: Sat, May 17, 2014, 10:50 AM »
Nope. :ggrin

Offline Tiberius

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #78 on: Sat, May 17, 2014, 10:57 AM »
Ditto :devil2

Offline Wilde

• Dom's Desire
    • Facebook
« Reply #79 on: Sat, May 17, 2014, 06:27 PM »
I say Chinese water torture for teh god whom likes to start fires aha =^.^= BuRrRrRrRrrrrrrrn baby Burn!!!! rofl

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
« Reply #80 on: Sat, May 17, 2014, 06:51 PM »
Nope... you'll see tomorrow.

Offline Wilde

• Dom's Desire
    • Facebook
« Reply #81 on: Sat, May 17, 2014, 10:54 PM »
:D can't wait Bani ~ absolutely Loving your story <3
WiLdE n free & will always be <3 =^.~=

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
Re: [LOKI] Burn It Down (NC-17) FIN Chapter 15 05/18/2014
« Reply #82 on: Sun, May 18, 2014, 06:32 AM »
Not long after the audience, only a matter of days, Odin received a request for another.  Being consumed with the reparations to the damaged realm, negotiations to keep the victims from delivering retribution upon the invaders, passing judgement upon his brother and trying to decide a fitting punishment, the Allfather was tempted to flat out refuse.  He had a lot on his mind. 

That is, until he was informed who was making the request.  The king of the light elves’ daughter herself had come to plead with him.  Curious, the Allfather granted her request. 

Friour was shown in, to stand before the throne as any penitent to the king.  She knelt and bowed her head, waiting for Odin to allow her to rise.  Shivering in her nervousness, trying to keep from showing outright fear, she almost didn’t hear his low response. 

“Rise, child.”  Odin repeated himself, thinking she was a beautiful and exquisite creature.  “What does my friend, Dofri, king of Alfheim wish of me?  It must be a delicate matter for him to send his youngest daughter.  Does he think to confound my eye with your fragile beauty?” 

Friour gasped in dismay.  Was the Allfather angered?  Had she pushed too hard and interrupted more important matters?  She dropped back to her knees.

Mumbling at the floor before her, the princess stammered, “No, my Lord... Allfather.  I... I... have not c... come on my father's behalf.”  Feeling like she might vomit, Friour swallowed and put one hand over her mouth, breathing shallowly and closed her eyes.  Her slight form rocked faintly with her panting. 

Frigga moved down the steps from where she had stood, nearer to Odin.  She bent and lifted the dainty elf maid, keeping her hand tucked into both of hers.  “You are safe, child.  Ask your question.  I will stay with you.”

“Thank you, my Lady,” Friour barely whispered.  She still shook, but after taking a deep breath and closing her eyes for a moment, she managed to look up at the Aesir king.  This close, she was surprised to see weariness in his face.  Frown lines and sallowness from lack of sleep or worry marked him.  He looked more a kindly old grandfather than the stern and uncompromising monarch she’d had described to her. 

“I... I... have a boon to ask of you, my Lord Allfather.  If it is permitted?”

“Speak, little elf.  What could be so important that you need come and ask it directly of me?”

Friour shivered again, but inhaling deeply once more, she found a smidgen of courage and just blurted it out.  “I heard you had apprehended the mons... your brother and he is to pay for his... mischief.”

“If you think to plead for mercy...”  Odin scowled, annoyed now.  He knew of this fair child’s involvement with Loki; just another of the dark one’s conquests, he’d thought.

“NO!”  Friour gasped and covered her mouth, shocked that she’d interrupted.  “I... I wished him sent to Alfheim.  Incarcerated there, where he must see all the damage he’s caused... every day.”

Beside her, the queen straightened and looked closely at the elven maid.  Frigga sighed; her friend and oft time companion had hurt this one deeply.  Oh, Loki!  How could you?  “It is fitting, my king.  And perhaps a gentler sentence than you had planned.  Would you not be happier if you do not need to sacrifice your brother?” 

“And how would you keep him imprisoned and yet able to see what he has done?”  Friour bit a lip.  Odin actually sounded hopeful. 

“I think between us we may find a way.”  The queen smiled at the princess and patted her hand.  “Don’t you, my dear?”  Her eyes glowed with magic and the princess inhaled sharply.  Oh, yes; that would be perfect.  The master magician bound with magic.  She smiled and nodded, silently.

“So be it.”  Odin intoned.  “Inform Thor.  He will bring him to your home and you will carry out my sentence.  Loki is to be imprisoned where he must watch the rebuilding.”

The prisoner was soon brought up from the cells beneath the palace of the king.  He was surprised to see who awaited him.  Not only his queen, but the elf maid, as well.  A stiff little bow to Frigga and a murmured, “my Queen,” then Loki turned his battered face to Friour.  “After all this time, now you come to visit me, sweetling? Why? To mock?”

“Have a care with that sharp tongue, Loki,” Frigga scolded.  “Your fate is now in the princess’ hands.”  Her acerbic comment snapped his head back to her.  A slight frown, a confused tilt of his head and Frigga silenced him even as he inhaled to speak again.  “Shush.  Don’t make this any worse.” 

Refusing to give in, he cocked his head again.  “Why not?” 

Friour was torn a little.  She deeply wanted justice for the ravaging of her home and the betrayal of her trust, but looking at him made her heart ache.  He had already suffered and continued to; being dragged around, bound, bruised and bloody for all the world to stare at was even more torture for the vain god.  And even in his current disheveled state, she could not control her body’s reaction to his closeness.  She still wanted him and she knew he could see it.             

It made her close her eyes and step away.  Hoping that physical distance would make this easier.  Loki simply looked at her, innocence and a bit of hurt reflected in his features now. 

“Stop it, Loki.  You’re only making this harder on both of us.”  Friour hoped to make him understand she wasn’t going to fall for his tricks this time.  Using only his name in front of the other Asgardians let him know he’d lost her respect.

She should have expected the result.  His head came up and his expression went very cold.  A dangerous glint appeared briefly in his beautiful, watercolour eyes.  “Ah, that’s better.  I always did like a bit of fire in my women.”  His smile was like a knife in her heart.

Thor had stayed silent until now, but he’d had more than he could stand.  Rounding on the slender god, He lifted a fist and growled, “Silence, Scarlip!  You will speak only when spoken to, and then politely or I’ll give you...” 

“Thor, enough!”  Frigga spoke softly, but it still stopped the thunder god in his tracks.  While he glared at her, his fist fell back to his side.  Loki hadn’t moved at all, not even a blink when threatened.  The only change noticeable was another glint of colour in his pale eyes. 

Friour realised in that instant that he hated Thor as much as Thor hated him.

He detests them all.  That’s why he’s done this.  To cause them pain, as he feels they have caused him.  I was just collateral damage.  He really doesn’t care at all.  It saddened her, but stiffened her resolve to see him pay for what he’d done.

The little procession marched him out of Asgard and across the rainbow bridge approach.  They passed through the observatory to stand near the outer portal.  Heimdall stood on his dais and slid the Twilight sword into the mechanism that would activate the portal. 

From his contented look it was apparent he would be happy to see Loki gone.  “Finally outdid yourself, I see, Trickster,” he murmured, “you look a bit... ruffled.”

“No need to look so smug, you fatherless mongrel.  We’ll meet again... and I’ll wipe that fatuous smile off your face.  The last thing those golden eyes will see will be your headless corpse crashing to the ground,” Loki hissed venomously.

Friour glanced up at the now impassive Guardian.  Another god with no love lost between them, she thought. 

“Heimdall, now would be a good time, please,” Frigga sounded like she just wanted to get the whole thing over with.  The Guardian nodded and placed his hands on the hilt of his sword.  The observatory spun, lightning flashed up from the dais and six beings were instantly flung across the stars to Alfheim. 

They arrived directly in the large garden at the entrance courtyard to her father’s castle.  It faced down the valley, looking toward the ruined mountains.  In the center of the landscaped area stood a single, large, fully leafed tree. 

“Perfect,”  Frigga murmured.  Loki stared at her, beginning to appear nervous.  The queen turned from looking at the tree to the view down the valley.  She glanced across at Friour, who was watching her god, a sad expression on her lovely face. 

“This was inspired, my child.”  She turned back to Thor and the two guards.  “Place him there, facing the valley.  Bind his arms to the trunk.”  She refused to look at the restrained god.

Loki’s eyes had gone wide and he’d paled even more than was normal.  “No, my Queen!  Don’t do this!  Frigga, Please!”

He started to struggle, writhing like the snake he could become.  His bonds kept him from shifting shape, but not from fighting his imprisonment.  For he now knew what his punishment was to be.  They were going to trap him by merging him into the tree itself.  He’d be unable to move or speak, completely helpless to do anything except watch life pass him by. 

It took both guards and Thor to hold him, even after they’d chained his arms around the trunk.  With his back to the tree, his face looking down the valley at the remains of the forests he’d burnt, Loki would have no choice but to contemplate his actions as he lived a passive, vegetative life.  For a being like the God of Chaos, such a peaceful, quiet existence would be worse than being tortured, especially as he would be unable to interact with anything. 

Frigga walked to the princess and took her hands.  She looked at the slender, unhappy elf and asked a quiet question.  “Are you certain you wish to proceed with this, Princess?  Once we begin, there is no going back.  Stopping in the middle of the spell would kill him.” 

Friour smiled sadly at the goddess, Loki’s queen and friend.  She appeared no happier than the princess.  Taking a deep breath and making a concentrated effort to not look at Loki, Friour nodded.  “I am ready, my Queen.  I hate it, but it has to be done.” 

Friour was dismayed when her former lover never said a word to her.  He did continue to implore Frigga to think what she was doing, reminding her of their friendship and how he’d always been available to her for anything in the past.  She ignored his pleading, but her face showed the pain it caused her. 

The two women faced each other on opposite sides of the tree and began their incantations.  Both speaking quietly, they paced in a circle around the tree, keeping the distance between them and the trunk even.  A glow slowly took shape enveloping the god and the tree.  Frigga waved the guards and Thor back at that point. 

Loki kept fighting his bonds, but he could not break through the magical field holding him against the treetrunk.  His movements began to slow and he screamed repeatedly, whether in fear or pain the observers could not tell.  The guards could not look away, though their faces showed panic and horror as the bark crept over the dark god and he disappeared slowly into the bole of the garden sentinel. 

Finally, it was over and nothing remained visible of the dark-haired, handsome god.  Friour sank to the ground where she stood and sobbed.  She had no idea how long the spell binding him would last. 

Frigga paced slowly over to where Loki had stood, thrashing wildly as he tried futilely to escape his fate. She faced the tree and tears sparkled in her eyes.  Smiling through her tears, she lay a gentle hand against the trunk and silently wished him peace.  Then she sighed, and told the others it was time to go.

Friour stood and wished them well, sniffing a bit as she held back her own tears.  Then she had to take one last look at where her god had been imprisoned.  It was more than she could stand and she fled the one green eye that stared back at her in such agony.

FINI

AN: In Norse mythology, the Jotnar, (Jotunn), or giants were a tri-partite race of beings associated with nature in its more violent, primitive aspects.  Frost/ice giants, stone giants and fire giants all lived in different places.  Jotunheim for the frost giants, Muspelheim for the fire giants, and various mountainous parts of several realms for the rock ones.  Not all were gigantic in size and the women especially were noted for their beauty, (though some were ugly).  Many, if not all, were shapeshifters, too.  They were not particularly fond of their neighbours, the Aesir, as they were continually preyed upon by them.  Many jotnar intermarried with the other gods, both Aesir and Vanir at times.  They were an older race than the others, too.

Basically, the Aesir were gods of war, and all the attendant attributes that go with it... bravery, strength, wisdom, chivalry, etc.  The other race of gods, the Vanir, were associated with nature,  fertility and creation.  Both were originally created from the body of the oldest and first frost giant, Ymir.

It’s interesting to note that Loki is referred to as Laufeyjarson, after his Aesir mother, rather than having his father’s name.  Farbauti, king of the frost giants, supposedly struck her with a lightning bolt, and Loki was born from the resulting wildfire, giving him his wildness and power over air and fire.  Thus, not only is he the Father of Lies and personification of Chaos, Loki is also the God of Air and Fire.  He practices both seithr and galdr, being the strongest sorcerer the gods know short of Queen Frigga and he is close to surpassing even her.  Only his skill keeps him safe from physical harm by the other gods as the practice by a male is considered ergi; that is cowardly, unmanly behaviour.  There were even connotations to the word naming the accused as the passive partner in a homosexual encounter... that is, acting the role of the woman.  No Aesir would ever accept such an insult without resorting to violence, and in ancient Viking society, he would be within his rights to challenge and kill his accuser.  If the victim of the insult did not deny it, or refused to challenge, their law said he could be outlawed and banished from their society.  So Loki dances a fine line in living amongst the Aesir.  One wonders how his original life with his father’s people could have been worse.

Although in this tale, he is the blood-brother of Odin and not his adopted son, the Trickster still suffers from the same problems many adopted children display.  He feels different, and empty, (“satisfaction is not in my nature”).  He’s a pathological liar, a thief, a sexual predator, sometimes a coward, and acts out his frustration and loneliness by playing nasty pranks on others...  it’s really a cry for attention, a twisted, sad request for someone to pay attention, to love him.  And the more he’s ignored, the longer he’s denied what he seeks... needs... the meaner and uglier his actions become.

Like so many with identity issues, he strikes out at those he feels misunderstand and mistreat him.  At the same time, when those he’s hurt or embarrassed or angered respond in kind, it’s what he expects, only reinforcing his self loathing.  He can’t seem to actually believe someone might really find him lovable.  Because he knows he is screwed up, just as he knows he needs help to straighten himself out.  He simply can’t figure out how to go about asking, for that would be to admit weakness, something his Aesir companions would never forgive.  He even reminds Odin at the end, that he is dangerous and unstable and not to be trusted.  And that Odin was aware of all of it when he took Loki to be part of his family.  It should come as no surprise he ends up hating and destroying those of whom he once thought he wanted to be a part.

Also a quick note on ‘canon’ or in this case, mostly history.  I have made Loki a little stronger in the sorcerous arts than he is in history or the Marvel universe.  Also, I changed the strongest female magician from Freya, (in history), to Frigga, (as in Marvel).  It simply made it easier to explain their closeness, friends here, mother and son in Marvel.  In either case, she saw his potential and encouraged him, to her dismay in both stories.

He is still, in both, the handsome, charming liar with no more conscience than a rock.  He does nothing that he does not sees as furthering his own ends, even when complying with another’s wishes.  Now, if only he could figure out what he really wants.

Glossary:

Aesir... the major Norse gods, pronounced  AI - seer
Astaroth... Loki’s black horse, named after the demon
Dofri... king of the light alfar, (elves)
dvergar...... the dwarves, pronounced DVWAIR - gurh
Farbauti... (cruel striker) frost giant, Loki’s father
Freyr... god of sacred kingship, virility and prosperity, sunshine and fair weather, pronounced VROY
Freyja... goddess of love, sexuality, beauty, fertility, gold, seiðr, war, and death, Freyr’s twin, pronounced VROY - ya
Fríður... (beautiful) pronounced, VREETH - yoor  mage  king Dofri’s youngest daughter
galdr... spells, incantations
glaive... a pikelike weapon usually with a single blade fastened to the head of the staff, socket style, rather than tanged like a sword or knife, sometimes with a hook on the back of the blade   about 6-8 feet in length
Gróa... a völva, or shamanistic seeress, practitioner of several forms of magic
Iðunn... the Goddess of Youth, Keeper of the golden apples, pronounced ITH - un
hamingja... a shapeshifter in altered aspect, or the personification of one’s luck
-heim... means home, pronounced hame
Heimdallr... the Guardian of Worlds, Asgard’s watchman who controls the Bifrost Bridge
heitr kelda... hot spring
Höðr... the God of winter, pronounced HO - th
Huninn & Muninn... Thought and Memory, Odin’s ravens
Hvitrein... shining, (white), one  the princess’ horse, pronounced FIT - rain
kappi... champion
Kvasir... a Vanir murdered by 2 dvergar and drained of his blood, which, mixed with honey was converted into magic mead that gives great wisdom and poetry.  Supposedly the one who devised the way to capture Loki, drinking said mead gave Odin his wisdom.  He was a hostage after the Aesir/Vanir war,  pronounced KWA - seer
Laevateinn... ‘damage twig’  or ‘wounding wand’  Loki’s magic sword, can transform into his long staff, pronounced LAY - wah - tain
Laufey... (leaves), also called Nal, (needle), Loki’s mother, an Aesir
Loki... uncertain meaning, possibly derived from Old Norse word meaning to lock or end.  Also called Lopt... which means air  Loki is pronounced LOH- kee, alternately LOO - kay
minn drottin... my king or my liege
Nornir... plural of Norn... the Fates
Odin... (fury/excitation and/or mind/poetry) the Allfather of the Aesir, king in Asgard
Seiðr... seithr, a type of shamanistic magic, pronounced SAYTH
shibboleth... a word or way of speaking or behaving which shows that a person belongs to a particular group, originally used as a test
Thor... the God of Thunder and Lightning, Asgard’s champion
Tyr... the God of War and Justice, pronounced TEER
Vanir... a second group of gods associated with fertility, wisdom and the ability to see the future.  After the Aesir-Vanir war, they were mostly absorbed into the Aesir.  The name is possibly related to Old Norse ‘vinr’ meaning friend
Vetrnætr one of the "three greatest blessings of the year" mentioned in the Ynglinga saga. The historical festival marked the beginning of winter, and involved sacrifices to the elves and the dísir...  (fertility goddesses)
Völur... priestesses of several forms of magic; seithr, spa, and galdr
Uru... the magical metal the dvergar used to fashion Mjolnir, pronounced  MYUHL - neer,  Thor’s hammer

Links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loki
http://mythology.wikia.com/wiki/Loki
http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Norse_gods_and_goddesses
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Germanic_deities
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laufey
http://www.princeton.edu/~achaney/tmve/wiki100k/docs/Norse_dwarves.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwarf_(Germanic_mythology)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glaive
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flyting
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kvasir
http://www.freelang.net/online/old_norse.php?lg=gb
http://www.vikingsofbjornstad.com/Old_Norse_Dictionary_E2N.shtm
https://notendur.hi.is/haukurth/norse/articles/pronunc.html
http://theburlyram.wordpress.com/pronunciation-key-and-terminology/old-norse-pronunciation-key/
http://www.wizardrealm.com/norse/holidays.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sei%C3%B0r
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ergi
http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0039559/quotes

"Freedom is life's great lie. Once you accept that, in your heart... you will know peace."
      - Loki Laufeyson

• Villain
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme VXer
« Reply #83 on: Sun, May 18, 2014, 01:19 PM »
What a cruel punishment, makes me feel sorry for Loki.

Anyway, fascinating story, and so well written, love it (despite the ending).  I can't wait to read more of your work.

Thank you for posting!

my fanfics

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
« Reply #84 on: Sun, May 18, 2014, 03:40 PM »
 :jump  Whoo hoo!  It worked!  You're supposed to feel sorry for him.  He is so screwed up. 

Poor baby just needs someone to love him, but he couldn't believe it was real if they did.

Thanks again for enjoying, (and saying so).  It makes it all worthwhile.   :-*

Offline Tiberius

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #85 on: Sun, May 18, 2014, 04:43 PM »
Poor Loki, I feel sorry for him, too.
Btw, if he eventually breaks free from the spell, he's so gonna be pissed ...

I really enjoyed this story and I'm looking forward to the other Loki stories you mentioned. :grin

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
« Reply #86 on: Sun, May 18, 2014, 07:07 PM »
Oh he will.  But he's always had self destructive tendencies.  And his revenge was called Ragnarok.

Offline Tiberius

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #87 on: Mon, May 19, 2014, 12:03 AM »
I didn't realize the punishment in this story is a variation of his binding, where he's tied up with his son's entrails and the snake's venom drops on him, causing such horrible pain that his struggles cause earthquakes.

Offline ban sidhe

• Supreme VXer
  • one day at a time
    • Facebook
« Reply #88 on: Mon, May 19, 2014, 06:05 AM »
It's not.  It is actually a variation on one of the Marvel comics stories where Odin traps Loki within a tree and says he will stay there forever unless someone sheds a tear for him.  Over several centuries, Loki manages to learn to control the tree enough to cause a single leaf to fall.  It hits Heimdall in the eye and when he tears up from the pain, Loki is freed.

Offline Tiberius

• Supreme VXer
« Reply #89 on: Mon, May 19, 2014, 08:16 AM »
I thought you meant it like this because you mentioned his revenge will be ragnarok and ragnarok takes place when Loki escapes his restraints. It was a misunderstanding then.
The comic I've never read.

I think you mentioned two more stories ... Please start posting soon   ;D