Author Topic: David in Babylon AD  (Read 8501 times)

Offline Czeri

• News Hunter
  • Dom's Desire
David in Babylon AD
« on: Fri, Oct 03, 2008, 12:13 PM »
Quote from: "Janine"
Oh, I'm quite sure Kasso has shot some scenes where his tats are visible but wasn't allowed to add them to the movie.

Which is why I can hardly wait for the director's cut bluray  :wiggle

Offline Silsin

• Dreamer
  • Administrator
  • Supreme VXer
  • updates? no thanks!
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • VinXperience
Re: David in Babylon AD
« Reply #1 on: Sat, Oct 04, 2008, 08:10 AM »
Quote from: "Czeri"
Which is why I can hardly wait for the director's cut bluray

I don't care if it's stored on blue ray or a ton of floppy discs :giggle as long as I get a director's cut at all! It would indeed be awesome to see more of David, too. Thanks for the bio!

There is no reason not to follow your heart! Steve Jobs

Offline Czeri

• News Hunter
  • Dom's Desire
« Reply #2 on: Sat, Oct 04, 2008, 11:25 AM »
Quote from: "silsin"
I don't care if it's stored on blue ray or a ton of floppy discs :giggle as long as I get a director's cut at all!

Don't scare me, there has to be a director's cut! Isn't releasing multiple version of the same film all the rage at the moment? Though I suppose I could live with the theatrical version and loads of deleted scenes in the extras... Still, it would have been nicer to have them all put back in...

Offline Silsin

• Dreamer
  • Administrator
  • Supreme VXer
  • updates? no thanks!
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • VinXperience
« Reply #3 on: Sat, Oct 04, 2008, 02:51 PM »
You're right - there HAS to be one! Definitely!

There is no reason not to follow your heart! Steve Jobs

Offline Czeri

• News Hunter
  • Dom's Desire
« Reply #4 on: Sat, Oct 18, 2008, 12:28 PM »
Woo hoo! So the release date for 'Babylon AD' has been confirmed, and it's much sooner than I expected. I'm dying to get my hands on a copy of the film that I could replay and pause because the parkour sequence has been edited in a thoroughly confusing manner. I do believe I was able to identify one of David's jumps by the third time I went to see the film, but still, I will need high definition to confirm whether it was him that jumped on and climbed along the cage with the boxer dude in it. Now, if only we knew what extras the special edition has. :)

Offline Czeri

• News Hunter
  • Dom's Desire
« Reply #5 on: Wed, Dec 31, 2008, 10:03 AM »
So, sadly, there are no deleted scenes on the Babylon A.D. bluray (unless you count the Hummer chase)  :)

Offline Czeri

• News Hunter
  • Dom's Desire
« Reply #6 on: Wed, Mar 04, 2009, 03:19 PM »
I got my copy of David's book Parkour today, and there is a bit about Babylon A.D. in it:

Vous avez travaillé avec Matthieu Kassovitz sur « Babylon A.D. » Comment ça s’est passé avec lui ?

Pour certaines scènes du film, Matthieu Kassovitz s’est renseigné sur le Parkour et a souhaité que je travaille avec lui pour chorégraphier quelques trucs. J’étais injoignable à ce moment-là car j’étais parti en voyage mais ils ont quand même réussi à me retrouver en passant par le société de production EuropaCorp. La collaboration a été très bonne. J’ai pu travailler avec mes potes, des personnes en qui j’ai vraiment confiance. J’ai fait une présentation de mon travail à la production américaine et l’acteur principal du film, Vin Diesel, était là. Dans un grande studio, j’ai installé des échafaudages et j’ai fait une chorégraphie avec six ou sept gars. Les producteurs américains étaient impressionnés et Vin Diesel a même demandé à ce que j’aie un peu du texte dans le film. Mon intention n’étais pas là au départ mais le fait que ça vienne de Vin Diesel et de Mathieu : je n’ai pas eu d’hesitation !

Which roughly translates to:

You worked with Matthieu Kassovitz on « Babylon A.D. » How did that happen?

For certain scenes in the film Matthieu Kassovitz enquired about Parkour and wished that I worked with him to choreograph some tricks. At first they couldn't contact me because I had gone on a trip but they finally succeeded in finding me with help of the production company EuropaCorp. The collaboration was very good. I could work with my buddies, people whom I really trust. I made a presentation of my work for the American production company and the main actor of the film, Vin Diesel, was there. In one big studio I installed a scaffolding and prepared a choreography with six or seven guys. The American producers were impressed and Vin Diesel even asked that I have a little text in the film. That wasn't my intention at first but since it came from Vin Diesel and from Mathieu I didn't hesitate!

Bless!  :coolbeans

Offline evilgrin

• Supreme VXer
  • Drinking whiskey in the Princess Bar
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Hello Beautiful
« Reply #7 on: Wed, Mar 04, 2009, 03:32 PM »
nice!
thanks!
Elaine:)

my stories  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Homepage
It was a rainy night in the big city. A hard rain. Hard enough to wash the scum off the streets. And I'm stuck in it without an umbrella. What a tool.

Offline NorthernLights

• Administrator
  • Supreme VXer
  • Packing up and moving out
« Reply #8 on: Sat, Mar 28, 2009, 10:53 PM »